Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chrissy Teigen calling for IVF to be made available on health insurance in all 50 states- Is she right?

Do we agree with her? It is currently only on health insurance in less than half of states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2021 1:49 PM

Who PAYS for all this?

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 3:42 AM

No. The only infertility treatment I'd like to include on healthcare plans is "How To Live With Infertility" counseling.

Humans don't need to breed more, and especially humans who already have children shouldn't get assistance in breeding.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 3:43 AM

No. IVF is not a necessary health condition. It's something for infertile couples who really want to have a bio child so they should pay for that. They could opt instead to adopt or not have kids at all.

That said, health insurance is a fucking racket.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 3:46 AM

r1 You are being rhetorical?

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 3:47 AM

r2 In the UK we offer a set number of IVF cycles on the NHS but waiting lists for treatment can be hugely variable between regions but a stipulation that you cannot receive treatment if one or both of you have biological children already is a common condition on qualifying for free treatment. Also there has been some speculation recently that maybe Scotland should offer more free IVF treatment as one way of growing the countrys population.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 3:51 AM

I adopted so I would say no. Sounds selfish but if you really want kids you will find the money for it.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 4:22 AM

Only, if abortion is. If abortion cannot be in certain states because it's God's will you be pregnant then it's also God's will when you can't.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 4:26 AM

Fucking nuts. Like there aren’t enough humans destroying everything.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 4:35 AM

[quote] Only, if abortion is.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 4:37 AM

r7 That is seeking moral consistency at least.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 4:48 AM

No, we don't need more humans on this overpopulated world. They are probably passing the infertility to the next generations and generating more costs in the future. If you wanna reproduce even when nature is telling you not to, pay with your own money. I thought she was out of social media. It was just a show for likes?

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 4:50 AM

Exactly r10. I actually couldn't care less either way except for the hypocrisy

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 4:50 AM

So tired of Chrissy, she lives for attention. She must pay her publicist a lot for all the mentions she gets.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 4:50 AM

No. Spend more money on helping families in poverty keep their children instead.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 4:51 AM

Oh, and free birth control of all types - the pill, IUDs, condoms, vasectomies, morning after pill, abortion pill/procedure too.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 4:57 AM

I'd like to attach a hose connected to a large tank of fertilized cobra eggs to this bitch's mouth and turn it on like a firehose.

Cunting cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2021 5:15 AM

No. If you truly wanted to be a parent, you would adopt.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2021 5:20 AM

r11 some people in scientific circles predict that in future all babies will be conceived via fertility treatment rather than sex not because of infertility but because it will be classed as the socially responsible way to reproduce?

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2021 5:20 AM

I’m glad I had an abortion!

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 5:39 AM

I'm so tired of this cunt, didn't they put pics of the dead baby online? Entitled cunt and that bug looking husband of hers too.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 5:45 AM

One word: adopt.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 5:58 AM

Will gay men get surrogacy covered? Or is this a right only women get?

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 6:39 AM

I expect the entire pro-life brigade to oppose this as being against God's will.

Right?

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2021 7:01 AM

This woman is the biggest bimbo on earth. One of her handlers most likely suggested she make the IVF comment, since she is dumb, dumb, dumb. Publicity ploy!

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2021 7:23 AM

Health care premiums are already sky high and climbing every year. This would just make it even more expensive so people like her can have designer babies.

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2021 7:38 AM

SurvivingAngel, you're American?

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2021 7:50 AM

r22 The only states I could imagine legislating for that maybe would be New York or California. Here in the UK the NHS is increasingly facilitating surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2021 11:54 PM

For somebody with so little talent she is everywhere, she must have a fantastic publicist. She is a pit viper and I hope someday she gets stung.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2021 12:09 AM

She’s a model? For what?

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2021 12:36 AM

Ladyboy got FATTTT!

by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2021 12:43 AM

r28 As sure as eggs are eggs one day that will happen!

by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2021 1:53 AM

Do you think NBC is helping to publicize Chrissy because I noticed they are really pushing John? She gets more attention than most well known celebrities and it’s like she is famous for nothing. She has got to be exhausting and I am surprised John is not tired of her.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2021 11:15 AM

SurvivingAngel, I can't imagine IVF or surrogacy being all that common on the NHS

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2021 11:22 AM

R32 I think she's paying for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2021 11:22 AM

The worst idea I've heard in a long time. This fool should be given enough rope to hang herself once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2021 11:29 AM

If you can't afford IVF, then how are you going to afford raising a child?

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2021 11:41 AM

Of course she is back on Twitter already

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2021 9:29 PM

With more than 8 billion humans on this planet, crowding out other life and generally laying waste to the earth, we really don't need to encourage this do we? And if we don't make it stop, Mother will do it for us. COVID is just a foretaste.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2021 9:43 PM

Is she 90 percent filler? Oof

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2021 9:46 PM

Covid lockdown has been extremely difficult for narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2021 10:30 PM

r33 The number of paid for IVF cycles are limited on the NHS but are availiable. The NHS deals with whoever is pregnant whether they are lone mothers to be pregnant from a one night stand, A married couple or gay couple etc

They are not involved currently in all surrogacy stages or arrangements pre pregnancy but are so in an increasing number of cases were things like gamete donations are involved.The NHS is much more involved in surrogacy than a decade ago and seems to be gearing up for more of it in future where they are needed with some people to assist a pregnancy coming about. Couples who can conceive without the help of the NHS tend to make their arrangements through charities or organisations s like Surrogate UK .

by Anonymousreply 41April 17, 2021 3:14 AM

Does this cunt ever let up?

by Anonymousreply 42April 17, 2021 4:18 AM

No. It's a caprice for the affluent. People should adopt.

by Anonymousreply 43April 17, 2021 4:19 AM

I blame Barbra.

IVF makes me think of all the money Barbra Streisand spent to clone her dog.

You need a new dog? Go to the pound. Get another dog who needs a home.

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2021 12:35 PM

We don't need a continuous stream of updates about Chrissy Teigen's every thought.

Who the fuck do I have to blow to get the ignore thread feature to work again?

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2021 12:40 PM

Chrissy looks like such a villainess. It's those eyebrows, arched to make her look mean and scheming.

by Anonymousreply 46April 18, 2021 12:55 PM

You can blow me, R45!

The "ignore" feature works for me when I am logged into Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 47April 18, 2021 1:36 PM

Yeah, I'm not going through that bullshit again, R47.

by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2021 1:37 PM

There are religious nuts crapping out 20 kids in one family. Take one of their kids and toss them to a couple who can’t conceive.

by Anonymousreply 49April 18, 2021 2:17 PM

Breeders have so many problems. Life must be so difficult for them. Poor breeders.

To paraphrase Michael Jackson, if you can't make a baby, then don't have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 50April 18, 2021 2:21 PM

Nature built infertility into the system for a reason. Overpopulation is a problem.

by Anonymousreply 51April 18, 2021 2:23 PM

No, God doesn't want them to have children

Having a child, is just a hobby. Health insurance shouldn't pay for hobbies

by Anonymousreply 52April 18, 2021 2:30 PM

One of the stupidest ideas ever proposed.

I'm stunned that it's covered anywhere. Only lip injections are more optional and less necessary than IVF.

Frankly, IVF should be completely banned. If you cannot squeeze a kid out the natural way, then you weren't meant to have children. If you're so emotionally bereft that you MUST raise a child, your ONLY option should be adoption.

Stupid idea from a stupid person - to paraphrase Forest: Stupid is as stupid does.

by Anonymousreply 53April 18, 2021 2:48 PM

Rolls eyes at SA/R4. Thanks for contribution to the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 54April 18, 2021 2:50 PM

I don't think it should be completely free. And it should be subject to conditions about how likely the child is to be raised in a secure environment- don't know how you'd enforce that though.

I've a married friend who would literally make the world's best parent and she's nearly bankrupting herself to get pregnant. She's lovely and I'm heartbroken for her every time it fails. She's secure with work and properties but all her money goes on ridiculously expensive treatments. Surely it should be subsidised in her case.

Another friend wanted a sibling for her child and it just wasnt happening - for years. She was happy to pay because although she was desperate for two, she knew she was lucky enough to have one. She has her two now and is satisfied. Fair enough.

But just any old girl wanting a baby on a whim or wanting a litter of kids? No way!

by Anonymousreply 55April 18, 2021 3:03 PM

r44 Insane and totally whacky that she did that and that it is even allowed Very emotionally and psychologically unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2021 7:22 PM

There are enough fucking people on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2021 7:35 PM

With IVF the percentage of risk of cerebral palsy is greatly increased - something doctors hawking IVF don't talk about.

The world is overpopulated as is the foster care system. Fuck these narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2021 7:39 PM

too many people in this world already. hence mother nature gave use the pandemic. we don't need more dumb cunts like her.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2021 7:49 PM

r59 Perhaps mother nature is increasingly going to give us pandemics? A lot more regularly than once a century.

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2021 8:58 PM

R60 I have wondered if this pandemic is not Mother Nature's revenge on us for destroying the natural world. I'm sure David Attenborough agrees.

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2021 9:23 PM

[quote][R60] I have wondered if this pandemic is not Mother Nature's revenge on us for destroying the natural world

I don't know that anthropomorphizing natural phenomenon is valid - I mean, it's a hop, skip, and jump to a divine deity in charge of everything from there.

However, I do buy that nature is a somewhat self-regulating mechanism. If you believe in evolution and adaptation as the basis for living organisms to survive to seek out niches not currently occupied, it makes complete sense that viruses would evolve and adapt - that various viruses would find a means to survive as their current hosts are killed due to habitat destruction.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2021 9:59 PM

Attenborough in a recent show demonstrated how all these deadly viruses which come from wildlife reach us when they are taken for human consumption or their habitat destroyed. HIV got started from people in Africa eating bushmeat aka chimps and gorillas.

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Why is she allowed to speak? She’s painfully unfunny and clearly self absorbed. Her pumpkin head is so distracting. She bullied a 9yo child on Twitter in 2013. She’s a cunt. Plenty of kids in need of loving parents but she wants insurance to pay for fraus who can’t get knocked up to be given the treatments? Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 64April 19, 2021 12:04 AM

r62 Belief in the divine or God ,supreme being ,universal spirit etc and believing in evolution are not inevitably incompatible unless you buy into a caricature version or characterisation of faith and spiritual /religious belief or a caricature of science and rationality.

by Anonymousreply 65April 19, 2021 3:22 AM

Influencers like her and the fucking Kardashians should all have their social media accounts closed down.

by Anonymousreply 66April 19, 2021 5:01 PM

I hope she meets a violent end. Stupid fat faced attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 67April 19, 2021 5:07 PM

What do you say Lassie, is Chrissy Teigen is getting treatment??? 🐕

by Anonymousreply 68April 19, 2021 5:17 PM

She's got nothing better to say so she's appealing to fraus.

by Anonymousreply 69April 19, 2021 5:18 PM

[quote] some people in scientific circles predict that in future all babies will be conceived via fertility treatment rather than sex not because of infertility but because it will be classed as the socially responsible way to reproduce?

R18 is this a question or a statement? Do you have a source? Knowing your history on the surrogacy subject I’d hazard a guess that this is total conjecture. Wait where should I put the extraneous question mark? Please advise??? ???

by Anonymousreply 70April 19, 2021 5:19 PM

Wasn't she off social media? She must've got thirsty. Again.

She couldn't be more wrong. There's too many fucking people and she's one of them. I hate her face.

by Anonymousreply 71April 19, 2021 5:26 PM

😯 The fame whore made her official announcement a few days ago .........

[italic] I'm Baaaaaaaaack !

by Anonymousreply 72April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

FWIW I have met Chrissy and she was very nice in person.

by Anonymousreply 73April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

Will this fat hog EVER go the fuck away?

Isn't John Legend sick of her yet?

by Anonymousreply 74April 19, 2021 5:33 PM

People keep getting mad at Chrissy but honestly, they should be mad at the media that keeps writing about her every thought and they should be mad at themselves for continually giving weight to anything she says and discussing it prompting the media to continue to write about her.

The same thing applies to Meghan McCain. People hate her but they won't stop talking about her. That's why she'll be on The View as long as she wants. She has her stylist do her hair strangely one day and people won't shut up about it. Her mission is accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 75April 19, 2021 5:39 PM

Chrissy is lucky to have a beautiful little boy and girl who look like John and her. But I imagine she loves the attention pregnancy gets her.

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2021 6:23 PM

Courtney Stodden is looney tunes but I love her outing those messages Chrissy sent her telling her to kill herself. Chrissy is an evil bitch.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2021 11:22 PM

IVF is covered in Ontario, but is limited to a single embryo per lifetime. The thinking was that would cut down on higher risk and very expensive multiple birth pregnancies. The system was paying for the IVF but it was picking up the costs of the births, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2021 11:35 PM

I just feel so sorry for John Legend.

by Anonymousreply 79May 12, 2021 12:59 AM

r79 He choose her and he has the freedom to choose to leave her ?

by Anonymousreply 80May 12, 2021 2:43 AM

I get tired of the "cancel" B.S. but I would love if it happened to Chrissy, it would kill her because she is so thirsty for attention.

by Anonymousreply 81May 12, 2021 3:13 AM

Chrissy needs to go suck on a test tube.

by Anonymousreply 82May 12, 2021 5:42 AM

Fuck your faulty genes and don’t breed more defects!

by Anonymousreply 83May 12, 2021 6:02 AM

Naughty!! r82

by Anonymousreply 84May 13, 2021 12:58 AM

Now she issued an "apology" on Twitter to Courtney Stodden. Only because she doesn't want to get canceled.

by Anonymousreply 85May 13, 2021 6:05 AM

Fuck no.

If they do want to encourage the US birthrate, they should strengthen middle-class wages so people can start families younger. Then you won't have desperate fortysomething women trying to pop out a brat because they can finally, finally afford one.

by Anonymousreply 86May 13, 2021 6:48 AM

I'm just gonna say what everybody here is thinking: Can this crazy, disturbed bitch just DIE already?!?

(Socially speaking, that is..)

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2021 1:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!