Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone here been to Oman?

That seems like the forgotten Middle Eastern country. How is it? Is it like UAE? Muscat sounds interesting. Tell me DLers, the good and bad of Oman.

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2021 2:49 PM

Shielding some of Gaddafi's family and have for years. Oppressive. Modern slavery.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2021 3:51 AM

In Oman all seems to breathe freedom and peace and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2021 4:46 AM

I’ve been to Oman. But I’ve never been to me.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2021 5:14 AM

I've been to Muscat and some small villages in Oman. Omanis aren't as arrogant as Emiratis since Omanis actually have to work for a living.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2021 5:46 AM

I hooked up with a flight attendant fro m Oman and he was amazon in bed.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 5:50 AM

I guess you like getting thrown off buildings huh OP.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 5:51 AM

R5 He was amazon in bed? So he came fast and was cheap?

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2021 6:43 AM

The heir to the thrown is a pretty boy.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 7:11 AM

... waiting...

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 7:13 AM

Drove/flew through the undeveloped part with my parents c.the early 2000s, I was around eleven or twelve years old.

All I remember is goats, rocks, and sand. And a few nomadic looking types climbing the dunes and rock faces. I believe I all saw a few animal skeletons. It was like the desert planet in STAR WARS.

That wasn’t an urban environment, though, and it’s probably quite different now.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 8:17 AM

R10 quite different.

I have just one lovely day there whilst waiting for a plane. I found the people I met to be kind and generous.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2021 8:24 AM

[quote]The heir to the thrown is a pretty boy.

I'm just going to leave this here.

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2021 8:49 AM

He is 30 and quite soulful looking, rather than classically handsome. He isn't often photographed in profile which is a pity because he has a great nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2021 9:15 AM

He has one eye that is frequently Sanpaku. Occasionally both. Never a great sign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2021 9:18 AM

That little bastard knocked me off a balcony, the little shit!

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2021 9:22 AM

I just wrapped up 20 months there. The people are rancid: blindingly arrogant, two-faced, shallow, exploitative, liars. The country runs on cheap labor, which is to say it runs on desperate people from poor countries who get to deal with pathetic wages, working conditions and living conditions. The government and society are fundamentally corrupt. Citizens never wrong, expats never right. By the way, the long-time dictator, who died about 15 months ago, was gay; he always had a collection of boys and young men thanks in part to his youth orchestra. It's common knowledge there that Qaboos was the sodomizing sultan.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2021 12:45 PM

R12 Pretty boy thrown off building into the "heir"

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2021 12:49 PM

..or should have said "throne off"

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2021 1:08 PM

The sotadic belt from Morocco to western India are a sodomizing deceitful dishonest lot.

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2021 2:03 AM

Can you be more specific? Which cities/neighborhoods, etc.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2021 2:35 AM

In a report just released by US News and World Report, Oman is in the bottom 10.

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2021 2:44 AM

Ooh, I've been to Oman with a handsome Roman

When I sipped champagne on a yacht

I fucked Don Lemon in the land of Yemen

And showed them what I've got...

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2021 2:45 AM

My mother has been there, as a matter of fact, and she loved it. She said everything was clean and beautifully maintained and everyone was friendly.

The sultan who just died was pretty clearly gay. What is it with the idiots like R6 who think the 1 billion Muslims on the planet are all interested in executing gays? Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2021 2:50 AM

I've been to Onan.....many times.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2021 3:34 AM

I'm going to Dubai!

by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2021 3:39 AM

It's an oil-monger country.

Anything with Arabian roots is essentially the same.

Not even the names change.

It will always suck there.

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2021 4:33 AM

i once flew on Gulf Air from Hong Kong to Bangkok, and I do know the flight continued on to Muscat

That is all

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2021 12:29 PM

I've been to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai -- but somehow I missed Oman and Yemen.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2021 1:03 PM

The people are fake nice. Friendly to visitors, but nightmares to work with and not trustworthy. The cities damn sure are not clean.

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2021 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!