Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help! BF Threw Me Out - Got Hit By Car & On Welfare

Hello!! I am a 34 year old gay man that needs help. After moving to Toronto 3 years ago to live with my boyfriend and live happily ever on December 15th 2020 he decided to end the relationship and throw me out onto the streets 10 days before Christmas, in the middle of a pandemic, in the middle of a snow storm with -27 degree windchill. Nice guy huh?

Anyhoo I managed to get into a shelter after three weeks on the streets in the blasting cold. The shelter I was at was okay at first. It was quiet and calm. Then they brought in more and more people that had issues and just outright violent. Also someone has taken pictures of me sleeping in my bed in what is supposed to be a secure building and posted them to all of the gay social media sites and apps. VERY CREEPY and unsafe!! The staff would not do anything about it.

Last Friday on April 2nd I had to leave the shelter immediately because my life was threatened and someone pulled a knife on me. That was the last nail in the coffin for living in a shelter. Plus the staff and counselors there did not care that much about helping me at all with employment or housing. Either way I am on ODSP and receiving insurance cheques as I got hit by a car last year due to my injuries. Since I left the shelter after April 1st ODSP will not give me my shelter allowance for April. So basically I am broke until next month.

As of April 8th in the morning I will be back on the streets again unless I find someone who can help me out. I am hoping that Fife House and PWA can help me out in the morning. I will not go back into a city shelter ever again as I was almost murdered in one and there are creepy perverted people there who post photos of me sleeping on the internet. If someone has a couch I can crash on or a spare guest room I can use I would be ever so grateful.

I am looking for employment in my field as a Diesel mechanic. I finished my apprenticeship back in 2019. Just need to write the exam to get my license. But first I need to find shelter so I am off the streets and safe. Second I have been actively searching for employment since I left the shelter. I can clean your apartment, cook your meals, and fix your car if you have tools.(my tools are in storage in London) I am hoping that there is someone out there who can let me stay at their place for a little bit. I will try to pay as much for rent and food as much as possible. I have limited funds coming in throughout the month. But will try to pay as much as possible for food and shelter and hopefully I will get a job.

Please have a kind heart and give a helping hand to a fellow gay man. I am trustworthy. I am man of honesty and integrity. I try to help out as much as possible.

Facebook profile below - Thank You

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2021 12:19 AM

2/10.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 10:15 PM

That's what you get for dating outside your program!

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 10:16 PM

and gosh, the Facebook link doesn't work.. ;)

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 10:17 PM

OP - London, Ontario ?

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote] 2/10.

The OP says he is NOT a 2

picture below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 10:19 PM

[italic]Just like a woman who walks in the street, she will pay for her life with her body[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 10:20 PM

Get away from me, you're bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 10:20 PM

Haha r3. I was curious what OP was going to use as a fb profile, but a link that happens to be dead is clever.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 10:20 PM

I'm Canadian and was hit by a car while crossing a street and didn't get shit, other than a visit from a representative from the attempted murderers insurance company.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote] but a link that happens to be dead is clever.

I'm able to open it up just fine - wait THREE minutes.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]That was the last nail in the coffin for living in a shelter

[quote]That was the last straw for living in a shelter

Next time you share this, talking about a violent threat, you might want the second, edited version

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote] but a link that happens to be dead is clever.

LOGIN to your Facebook profile and Then go to the link (below) , that is the only way you can see it. By logging into Facebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 10:28 PM

In the unlikely chance that this is true, appeal for help from a Church.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 10:32 PM

when he says

" I am hoping that Fife House and PWA can help me out in the morning."

Both of those organizations help people who are HIV Positive.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 10:35 PM

*Ask the professionals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 10:36 PM

Why did your boyfriend toss you on the street? Or, what was the reason he gave you?

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 10:39 PM

here is the private group on FB where that link is from, you need to be a member of the group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 10:40 PM

He has very very bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote] I got hit by a car last year due to my injuries.

Oh dear đŸ˜±

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 1:44 AM

Fife House is a shitty, poorly run organization. You can do better.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 3:54 AM

Everything but the hounds snapping at her rear.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 4:05 AM

Does Canada even have homeless people?

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 5:20 AM

[quote] Does Canada even have homeless people?

Well I was unceremoniously kicked out of Rideau Hall!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2021 5:30 AM

Tell me about it honey!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2021 5:37 AM

R14 Both of those organizations also should’ve probably closed their doors a long time ago but that’s a topic for another thread.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2021 4:11 PM

Tried all the recommendations above, but still cannot access the FB link. Also, how come OP has not responded to anything yet?

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2021 4:33 PM

I heard there's some kind of cheaper room rentals around Eglinton or Don Mills or something from some cabbie once who was separated from his wife.

If you're on ODSP which is more like workers comp and not welfare then you can probably afford that no problem.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2021 6:09 PM

Before I can advise you, I need to know if you're cut or uncut and if you're a top or a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2021 7:42 PM

Go into sex work

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2021 8:20 PM

Sex work is t so bad op unless you’re icky. Did your boyfriend kick you out for not putting out?

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2021 10:52 PM

R17 post screenshots please!

by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2021 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!