Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE’S CAREER IS ALMOST OFFICIALLY DEAD TO ME! His stylist has ratted him out!-

The stylist who prepped Janet Jackson’s look for her infamous 2004 Super Bowl appearance with Justin Timberlake tells Page Six that Timberlake pushed for the “wardrobe malfunction” in an attempt to outdo Britney Spears, Madonna and Christina Aguilera, who had wowed the world months earlier by scandalously kissing at the MTV Video Music Awards.

I HOPE HIS CAREER IS DEAD!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 1, 2021 5:41 PM

Sunshine of Sunshine Sachs claims credit for the wardrobe malfunction incident. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 3:31 PM

I've never been especially interested in his music, even though I do think he's got vocal talent and presence. I recall hearing his last album was a bust.

He had the start of an acting career (THE SOCIAL NETWORK, etc.) and that appears to have utterly flamed out. And his wife is apparently an anti-vaxxer. Uggh.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 3:32 PM

YASSSSSS KWEEN!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 3:40 PM

Doesn't ring true.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 3:45 PM

I'm more bothered by the Kevyn Aucoin bit at the end of the article. Why did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 3:46 PM

R4 yes. It does.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 3:48 PM

It was obviously meticulously planned by both Justin and Janet. Why are we still talking about this. I hope cunt anti-vaxxer Jessica gets long haul covid.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 3:50 PM

He's been over since 'Man of the Woods' flopped. He's joined his former rival Usher in the hasbeens heap. He was never going to be the new Michael Jackson.

Meanwhile, Chris Brown's music is still charting. 'No Guidance' was a particularly good song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 3:59 PM

[quote]I'm more bothered by the Kevyn Aucoin bit at the end of the article. Why did that happen?

By many accounts, Kevyn was a sweet guy who was beloved by those in the industry, but he also had issues and wound up driving some people away. I think Cher and him had a falling out before he passed because she told him to get his shit together. I can't remember if Tina and him soured, but she did the forward for his posthumous book where she talked about how much she missed him.

I'm sure some of these celebrities simply couldn't attend because of packed schedules. Liza is not some vindictive bitch.

I'd like to read more on this story before I judge.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 4:00 PM

I’ve never understood why her career went south because of this. She seems to be a very likable person

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 4:03 PM

r10 Her career went down the shitter because the quality of her already low quality music declined.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 4:05 PM

R9 let’s have a thread on him and his BDF, instead of these two straight attention whores

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 4:10 PM

I will buy this book

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]I’ve never understood why her career went south because of this. She seems to be a very likable person

Because a bunch of pearl-clutching racist white people in middle America became outraged at a .5 second flash of her nipple-shielded tit, and Uncle Tom Michael Powell kowtowed to their whims by leading the charge of publicly vilifying her. He would later admit that he majorly overreacted to the incident and publicly apologize to her, but I hope she secretly told him to kick rocks and kiss her ass.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 4:15 PM

Her career was already on the wane when she did the Superbowl.

With Control, Rhythm Nation, Janet and Velvet Rope, she tapped into a different theme. So with each album, there was something new that she was putting out there.

All For You wasn't a bad album, but it was nothing that she hadn't touched on previously. Notice that only two singles really made an impact, as opposed to previous Janet albums where she could get a good 4-5 hit songs out there.

Not even including the breast flash, the Superbowl performance is just weak, and beneath her standards. She trotted out Rhythm Nation with the same choreography for the umpteenth time while others on that bill were doing recent songs. It made her seem old hat. I still don't get why she didn't use her spot to promote the soon to be released Damita Jo.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 4:25 PM

R9

[quote] I think Cher and him had a falling out before he passed because she told him to get his shit together.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 4:47 PM

Fried egg blueberry?

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 5:46 PM

The two semi-recent Kevyn Aucoin documentaries made it clear that he drove people away once he was sick and dealing with it by self medicating, but I also remember a friend saying Aucoin would invent medical crises, his example being a gland that needed to be removed in surgery not getting fully removed, which he claimed was a lie. But then the documentary showed a letter from a doctor that confirmed what Aucoin had said, so I got the impression a lot of his friends were fair-weather friends.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote]Sunshine of Sunshine Sachs claims credit for the wardrobe malfunction incident. Look it up.

There is nothing out there that says Ken Sunshine claimed to be responsible for the wardrobe malfunction.

Sunshine DID advise Timberlake after the incident, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 6:07 PM

Read it and weep, r19

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 6:13 PM

Justin Timberlake aged out of pop stardom. He is 40 years old and has a kid. He is not a sexy young guy like he used to be. Man of the Woods flopped and his Superbowl performance confirmed he didn't have the "it factor" anymore. He had a good run but it came to an end.

Now it's all about The Weeknd, Khalid, Daniel Caesar and Bruno Mars. Also, Bieber and Chris Brown still have some hits left in them.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 8:35 PM

The Weeknd, who didn't even get nominated for any Grammys during a year he "owned?"

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 8:36 PM

It spoke volumes after they let him play the Super Bowl again. What bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 8:38 PM

Sounds like bullshit to me. All you have t do to take a person down now is make up some nonsense that appeals to SJWs. This is ancient history! Janet was in on it, too. She wore that big ugly nipple clamp around her big saggy tiddy. She was ready for her close up. She wanted attention because she was an aging pop star. This is so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 8:41 PM

[quote] Her career was already on the wane when she did the Superbowl. With Control, Rhythm Nation, Janet and Velvet Rope, she tapped into a different theme. So with each album, there was something new that she was putting out there. All For You wasn't a bad album, but it was nothing that she hadn't touched on previously. Notice that only two singles really made an impact, as opposed to previous Janet albums where she could get a good 4-5 hit songs out there.

All for You was a huge album for her, even though I didn’t really like it. It followed a template from previous albums. Damita Jo would have bombed regardless of the Super Bowl. Her, let’s call it, Jermaine Dupri era, was a disaster. I actually like her better now. She takes long breaks in between projects and isn’t interested in getting publicity every five seconds like someone else who shall remain nameless. It’ll be interesting to hear her next album as it’s supposed to be much darker. I’m glad she dropped the whole sex pot shtick. It got so unbelievably boring.

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote] Her career was already on the wane when she did the Superbowl.

False. All For You gave her the biggest first week sales of her career. She won a Grammy for the title track (which was the longest-running Hot 100 #1 that year), was declared MTV’s first ICON, got big ratings on HBO when they aired the final stop on her world tour supporting the album, and had just, the previous year, starred in a hit film and nabbed a #1 hit for that film’s soundtrack. Besides, they don’t ask people whose careers are on the wane to headline the SB Halftime show.

[quote] Notice that only two singles really made an impact, as opposed to previous Janet albums where she could get a good 4-5 hit songs out there

That was the year of 9/11. When that happened, everything stopped, including album and touring promo for various artists.

[quote] the Superbowl performance is just weak

Wrong again. Gil refreshed the RN choreography and she (and her troupe of dancers) slayed it along with that huge marching band accompaniment. Although, I do agree that she should have ended her set with what should have been Damita Jo’s first single, ALL NITE (DONT’ STOP), and eliminated Justin altogether. I mean, there was no point in him even being there. She helped N’SYNC out by letting them open for her on her Velvet Rope tour, which was more than enough.

[quote] Damita Jo would have bombed regardless of the Super Bowl.

Disagree. Her trajectory was nothing but #1 albums from 1986 to 2001. 2004 would not have been any different, and DJ was shaping up to be her 6th consecutive #1 album before the ensuing halftime show fallout and her blacklisting. However, despite being banned from MTV and pop radio, she was still able to nab a #2 debut/peak.

[quote]I actually like her better now. She takes long breaks in between projects

She’s always done that, even at her peak. Control to RN was a 3-year span. RN to janet. was a 4-year span. Same with janet. to The Velvet Rope and TVR to All For You. Her lastest album, 2015’s critically-heralded #1 Unbreakable, came 7 years after her previous album, 2008’s #1-debuting Discipline.

[quote]It’ll be interesting to hear her next album as it’s supposed to be much darker. I’m glad she dropped the whole sex pot shtick.

From what I’ve read, Black Diamond is supposed to be lighter than the often-dark and introspective Unbreakable. To note, Unbreakable had not one sex song on it.

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 9:53 PM

She slapped her niece in the face on camera over money. That's who she is. And her stupid stunt showed everyone what a fake she is.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2021 1:58 AM

Janet never slapped Paris. Paris even debunked that mess on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2021 3:15 AM

Ummm... the stylist just confirmed the whole thing was pre-planned, which anyone with half a brain could figure out. Janet was in on it.

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2021 3:30 AM

Datalounge- the only place anyone ever discusses Janet Jackson anymore.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2021 3:36 AM

R30 exactly. She should be thankful JT got anywhere near her old tiddies.

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2021 4:20 AM

[quote] his Superbowl performance confirmed he didn't have the "it factor" anymore

It's so bad, I forgot it ever happened. The Weeken was terrible but at least I remember his performance (it was garbage though).

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2021 4:26 AM

For years, Timberlake denied he had "a part in it". Look at some of the interviews he did after the stunt happened. He even tearfully cried to executives at CBS which is why he was never punished the way Janet was. He's just a big pussy. Btw, if anyone remembers that moment when Madonna, Britney and Christina kissed at the VMAs, the camera almost immediately zoomed in on Timberlake's reaction and he look pissed! He was probably trying to get back at Britney when with the whole wardrobe malfunction thing. Instead, he almost got himself in trouble with his stunt.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 4:30 AM

Janet Jackson is so gross. Her floppy titty made me gay.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2021 4:32 AM

Damn, girl, Janet’s titties dun dropped 6 inches since then. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2021 4:34 AM

R33 so what? She acted like I was a accident too. Most celebs deny obvious publicity stunts. They were BOTH in on it. She isn’t a victim.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2021 4:34 AM

*it was an accident.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2021 4:35 AM

R36, she isn't either but she definitely took MORE of the heat for it than he did. He has a history of throwing women under the bus is all I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2021 4:36 AM

No, she took the heat because it was her disgusting fat udder that got exposed. No one needed or wanted to see that sack of droop naked to the world. Janet is a fat sow and has a terrible body.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2021 4:49 AM

This WAS STUPID.

I can't believe were still talking about it.

He did it. She knew he would. It was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2021 5:04 AM

Lame. he should have showed his COCK.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2021 5:24 AM

Paris is kinda looney byt Janet did smack her. TMZ broke the video.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2021 6:37 AM

[quote]Paris is kinda looney byt Janet did smack her. TMZ broke the video.

Once again for the slow people in the back: Janet never snapped Paris and Paris debunked it herself on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 6:54 AM

*slapped

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2021 6:54 AM

A lot of racist panzeez up in here. Stay mad that an iconic black woman is still getting her roses, with her most recent honor being the selection of her Rhythm Nation 1814 album into the Library of Congress, while JT can barely get arrested.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 6:59 AM

The sad thing is the Madonna et al kiss was far from edgy or controversial in 2003. Just a bunch of fake PR shills running fake stories about fake outrage, which they still do today.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 7:02 AM

R45 the race-baiting ‘you just hate her because she is a black Kween’ troll has entered the thread. I think Madge is a sad thot, too. Feel better?

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 7:49 AM

[quote]Another bombshell he plans to reveal is the sad ending to his best friend makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin’s life. “Not one celebrity showed up. Not Liza [Minnelli]. Not Gwyneth [Paltrow]. Not even Cher. No one was there for him when he was dying. There were maybe six of his celeb friends, and his family at the funeral. It was very sad,” he said.

So what was it. six celebrities or not one. The boy seems confused.

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2021 8:16 AM

EVERYONE SHOULD ALREADY HAVE KNOWN THIS.

WHO DIDN'T KNOW OR PRETENDED SO BESIDES JANET AND JUSTIN? All the basic, American rubes who watch the Super Bowl? Are they that stupid?

I don't think so. If you took the singers' word for it that it was a "wardrobe malfunction," complete with a detailed pastie to cover Janet's nipple, then you a DAMN FOOL.

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2021 9:12 AM

Janet was in on it and it was HARMLESS ANYONE.

There is nothing for Justin to apologize for. It was overblown at the time and people are still overblowing it.

THIS BLOWS, STOP FEEDING THIS PUBLICITY.

by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2021 9:14 AM

You need to learn how to read, R20.

That website doesn't say ANYTHING about Ken Sunshine taking credit for the wardrobe malfunction. It says Sunshine Sachs worked on the wardrobe malfunction situation and it was controversial.

Christ, I'm so exhausted with fucking morons like you saying stupid shit and wasting everyone's time.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2021 10:35 AM

I noticed that as well, R48.

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2021 10:35 AM

Anyone who uses misspelled slurs like "panzeez" should be put on ignore ASAP. They're obviously long-time homophobes who know to use misspellings to try to get past filters.

I didn't realize the Janet stan we had on DL was a homophobe. Lord, how many years has that asshole been on DL? Over 10, right? Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2021 10:38 AM

R21 if people want to cancel JT for popping out that old black titty, then Chris Brown doesn’t stand a chance. He will beat the snot out of bitches.

by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2021 10:39 AM

R53 probably some cunt from Lipstick Alley.

by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2021 10:41 AM

You ignorant pustule, r51!

Who are you and why are you so invested in denying Ken Sunshine devised Titty-Gate!?

This from the Wikipedia entry for Ken Sunshine:

"His clients have included John Thain, Barbra Streisand, Ben Affleck, the Michael Jackson estate and Harvey Weinstein.[10][11][12] His best-known work included representing Justin Timberlake after a “wardrobe malfunction” at Timberlake's Super Bowl XXXVIII performance with Janet Jackson in February 2004. As of 2009, nine-tenths of his clients were not celebrities.[13]"

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2021 11:27 AM

[quote]*it was an accident.

It [bold]wasn't[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2021 11:30 AM

Funny how the word “pansies” gets R53’s panties twisted, but she cares nothing of the passive racism permeating the thread.

by Anonymousreply 58April 12, 2021 11:50 AM

If it was on purpose then why did she look so shocked and frightened over it? Her face looked terrified. If this happened today it would've been a trending topic on Twitter for a day but that's about it. I picture somebody like Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande, or Cardi B saying "Yeah, I have titties. What about it?" and being completely unapologetic. People wouldn't stand for misogyny and racism and wouldn't allow it to wreck a career nowadays. I feel sorry for Janet.

by Anonymousreply 59April 12, 2021 12:35 PM

Um, it was Janet’s body. Timbertwat was definitely in on it, but you’d be a fool to think Janet wasn’t. After slamming Madonna for years for her slutty ways, Janet wanted her sluttish moment of fame herself, perhaps because she felt her star beginning to wane. They both made a terrible mistake, and how they thought this would look like anything but a cheap publicity stunt I have no idea. But there’s no escaping responsibility—for EITHER of them.

by Anonymousreply 60April 12, 2021 12:43 PM

[Quote] Btw, if anyone remembers that moment when Madonna, Britney and Christina kissed at the VMAs, the camera almost immediately zoomed in on Timberlake's reaction and he look pissed! He was probably trying to get back at Britney when with the whole wardrobe malfunction thing. Instead, he almost got himself in trouble with his stunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 12, 2021 2:37 PM

R59, so you think this stylist is lying? Because supposedly the original plan was for Janet to show her ass cheeks and then they decided to up the ante. If it was an accident as they first tried to claim, that means Justin was supposed to rip off the pleather cover and reveal a red bra cup. Which is... lame. You really think that was the big moment they were going for, and Janet was wearing that nipple shield by coincidence?

Janet didn’t deserve the shit she got for it, but she did herself no favors by playing innocent (not to mention the stupidity of pulling this stunt in the first place). She should have just owned it when she apologized. Instead were subject to this never ending It WAs aN aCCiDEnt! crap so her sycophants can throw a perennial pity party for her.

by Anonymousreply 62April 12, 2021 3:20 PM

Jabba is the homophobe here. It loves to call people all manner of gay slurs. Please F&F Jabba.

by Anonymousreply 63April 12, 2021 3:36 PM

I never liked him. Not cute. He looks like a hillbilly who should be living in a trailer in some backwoods in Alabama . I can easily picture him with missing teeth. His music is only ok. He seemed to treat women like dirt. I’ve never heard a good thing about him. . Meh.

by Anonymousreply 64April 12, 2021 4:41 PM

Way more talented and successful than Janet ever was.

by Anonymousreply 65April 12, 2021 4:42 PM

[quote]If it was on purpose then why did she look so shocked and frightened over it? Her face looked terrified.

It wasn't on purpose. One of the MTV producers of that year's HTS said that Janet was crying as she was carted off stage and whisked away. Her face said it all.

[quote]Way more talented and successful than Janet ever was.

Who? That hillbilly from N'STINK? Bitch, please. Not even on Janet's worse day.

by Anonymousreply 66April 12, 2021 5:15 PM

Janet was already on a downward spiral by '04. The mainstream really stopped caring in the late 90s. After that she was more of an urban niche artist. I don't remember anyone being excited about Janet Jackson from the late 90s onward.

by Anonymousreply 67April 12, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote]It wasn't on purpose. One of the MTV producers of that year's HTS said that Janet was crying as she was carted off stage and whisked away. Her face said it all.

Spin. MTV started scrambling the moment after it happened because NFL executives starting calling them right away. If she was crying, it was probably because everyone was flipping out and angry.

Janet's own choreographer promised there would be "shocking" moments in the show. MTV after the fact claimed they thought the choreographer was referring to Justin joining her onstage. But what would be "shocking" about that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 12, 2021 6:02 PM

Janet's tailor, who was tasked with altering her corset at the last minute for the reveal is bound by a confidentiality agreement and can not say what the plan was. Why, if the plan was merely to reveal her bra as she claimed? If he was contracted to alter the garment so that only the leather portion pulled away but not the red bra, that would settle it once and for all. But Janet hasn't released him from the agreement, because either that was not the plan or she wants this controversy to continue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 12, 2021 6:07 PM

This is such bullshit. Janet knows the only time anyone talks about her is once a year during Superbowl, so of course she's gonna milk this for as long as she can. Why? Because SHE. HAS. NOTHING. ELSE.

I repeat- SHE. HAS. NOTHING. ELSE.

She is a has been of epic proportions. Face it, Jabba, the only thing Fat Ass Jackson has going for her is exposing her ugly tit 14 years ago. She's no better than Jessica Hahn (except Jessica Hahn had better tits.)

by Anonymousreply 70April 12, 2021 7:32 PM

Poor R67, covering her ears and screaming to avoid the TRUTHS TOLD at R26.

by Anonymousreply 71April 12, 2021 9:10 PM

This is basically one of the biggest failed publicity stunts of all time. It reeks of utter desperation. Imagine claiming it was an accident...just how many dresses have DETACHABLE BREASTS?! The thing was planned for the start and I actually frankly fathom how they thought this would be anything other than a complete...embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 72April 12, 2021 9:15 PM

*CAN’T fathom

by Anonymousreply 73April 12, 2021 9:16 PM

So Justin and Janet wanted to one-up the Christina/Britney/Madonna kiss (specifically the Britney and Madonna one) and that was the reason for that whole scandal? Hmm. I can't imagine why they'd think it would work and wouldn't backfire. Maybe they expected a little backlash but not as much as they received. Regardless, if they planned it, it wasn't very smart. Janet was in the business for a long time. She should've known better. I wouldn't risk doing something like that now much less 2004 when there wasn't all these social media platforms for people to throw fits and defend you if you're "cancelled" for unjust reasons.

by Anonymousreply 74April 12, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote] *CAN’T fathom

Speaking of biggest failures.

by Anonymousreply 75April 12, 2021 11:37 PM

R75 guilty as charged, my own personal Nipplegate, although in this case, definitely not planned!

by Anonymousreply 76April 12, 2021 11:41 PM

I love JJ , but this doesn’t absolve her from her part in the stunt...if anything it confirms that she’s been lying about it being a “malfunction”

by Anonymousreply 77April 12, 2021 11:45 PM

I personally don’t think he did anything wrong. He apologized and she didn’t want to. That’s not his fault.

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2021 11:58 PM

This. Was. Not. A. Wardrobe. Malfunction!!! But it's nice that an insider is finally spilling the tea. Not surprising in the least that the claim was this plot was Justin's idea.

I remember watching this in real-time when it happened. This was no accident. That tittie was costumed and ready for prime time nationwide viewing. Janet's "shocked" expression was meant to be part of the act, the audience seeing her initial "surprise" in the final moment as the show fades to black. It's a SHOW, for fuck's sake. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

The only way this was a "wardrobe malfunction" was by publicist narrative, when the totally predictable and immediate pearl-clutching reaction began to swell out of control the next day. Janet's been suffering the professional consequences ever since, while Justin walked away relatively unscathed just as he did after all that toxic bro sliming of Britney Spears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 13, 2021 12:23 AM

It takes TWO to tango. Just saying

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2021 12:27 AM

Jesus Christ, move the fuck on. This was almost 20 years ago. It was Janet's show. JANET. Justin was a guest star. She would have had to approve everything. He didn't put a gun to her head or her precious tittie.

She chose shock and controversy. Whatever the fallout was fell on her. I agree it sucked that his career blossomed after this but like another poster said, she should have known better. Causing shit at the MTV Awards is completely different than the Super Bowl. She should have known that.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2021 12:27 AM

It was all planned. If she was wearing a bra underneath then it would have stayed in place. Justin is not very strong, and bra cups don’t pop off.

I blame her for thinking she could flash a tit and no one would notice.

by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2021 12:28 AM

She looks ill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2021 12:37 AM

R61, that wasn't his face when they kissed. That was his face as he saw them together on stage. But when they kissed, the camera zoomed in on his face and he looked PISSED

by Anonymousreply 84April 13, 2021 12:38 AM

He could have "accidentally" opened his fly just before jumping on the Super Bowl stage. We may have seen pubes and the top portion of his shaft. Maybe, if we were lucky, his whole cock would just flop out. But I digress...

by Anonymousreply 85April 13, 2021 12:42 AM

Justin is such a beta male bitch.

by Anonymousreply 86April 13, 2021 12:44 AM

Jesus, she looks like Koko the Gorilla in that photo at R83.

by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2021 12:49 AM

Her makeup was so garish that night. It wasn't sexy. She looked desperate. An aging woman trying desperately to hold on to her sex kitten image.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 88April 13, 2021 12:52 AM

You can tell it was planned because she has the large nipple jewelry in her floppy discolored fun bag.

by Anonymousreply 89April 13, 2021 12:53 AM

She should have recreated her iconic Rolling Stone cover instead. Except that Justin's hands would have been at knee level.

by Anonymousreply 90April 13, 2021 12:54 AM

FF’d the racist at R87. Gladly.

by Anonymousreply 91April 13, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote]An aging woman trying desperately to hold on to her sex kitten image.

But enough about HAGdonna

by Anonymousreply 92April 13, 2021 12:57 AM

[quote] FF’d the racist at [R87]. Gladly.

You mad, homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 93April 13, 2021 12:58 AM

I remember when it was announced Janet Jackson was doing the Superbowl my friends and co-workers were like "why? She isn't even popular anymore." She was a has-been already, the Superbowl was just the last nail in the coffin for her career.

by Anonymousreply 94April 13, 2021 12:59 AM

^Lol, sure, Jan. Would these “friends” happen to be a dozen or so of your multiple personalities?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 13, 2021 1:02 AM

Remember when Jabba would post photos of the Glastonbury audience and try and pass it off as a Janet Jackson concert?

by Anonymousreply 96April 13, 2021 1:04 AM

Faggy faggy two by four. What’s on R93’s lip? A cold sore?

by Anonymousreply 97April 13, 2021 1:04 AM

r95 Janet Jackson was over in the mainstream around the turn of the Millennium. After that, she was more of an urban niche artist. Nobody else was checking for Janet Jackson after the late 90s. That's just the way it went.

by Anonymousreply 98April 13, 2021 1:06 AM

Janet was the biggest female pop star in 2000-2001.

2000:

A #1 film

A #1 hit song from that film which made her the first artist to get a Hot 100 #1 in the 80s/90s/2000s

2001:

A #1 album (her fifth consecutive, the only female artist to achieve this at the time) which was the biggest first week sales of her career

Her 10th Hot 100 #1 which set records at radio, went on to win a Grammy, and became the longest-running #1 song that year

MTV’s first decorated ICON

A world tour that garnered big ratings when aired on HBO

I remember when she got a standing O just walking out onstage at Aretha’s Divas Live special...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 13, 2021 1:28 AM

Sorry Janbot but Janet Jackson was over in the mainstream after the late 90s. The pop world had moved on.

by Anonymousreply 100April 13, 2021 1:31 AM

Madonna's Music was a much, much bigger hit than Janet's All For you. And Britney's Oops I did It Again was also much bigger than All For You. She was nowhere near the best selling female artist of 2000-2001

by Anonymousreply 101April 13, 2021 1:31 AM

Janet was mostly a "black thing" after the Millennium started. In fact, I don't remember whites being all that into The Velvet Rope in the late 90s. The mid-90s were around the last time that whites stopped giving a shit about Janet Jackson, same with her kiddie fucking brother.

by Anonymousreply 102April 13, 2021 1:34 AM

Sorry R101, but Madonna’s MUSIC and Britney’s Oops weren’t shit next to AFY. Neither of those singles won a Grammy, ran 7 straight weeks at #1 or broke records at radio. Janet’s single did all three.

But you tried it.

by Anonymousreply 103April 13, 2021 1:37 AM

Madonna and Britney were much bigger than Janet in 2000. Much as I couldn't stand Britney, she was everywhere that year. I don't even remember Janet's #1 single. Again, she was mostly an urban artist by then.

by Anonymousreply 104April 13, 2021 1:39 AM

R103, you realize that sales determine who was bigger right? Oops and Music sold more than All For You. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 105April 13, 2021 1:39 AM

Madonna and Britney were shining Janet’s shoes in 2001. I think the AZT is addling R104’s brain.

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2021 1:41 AM

R104 says the same thing in every Janet thread. The glaring falsity just becomes more obvious each time.

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2021 1:43 AM

It's true r107. I know you're a hood rat and have never been in mainstream society, but Janet Jackson was over in the mainstream in the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2021 1:50 AM

It’s ALMOST OFFICIAL then!

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2021 1:53 AM

Timberpussy has been over for a long time. This scene of a disinterested audience at his HT show tells the tale...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2021 1:57 AM

The pearl clutching over this was funny when it happened. Now it's just sad to look back on it. I wonder where all those angry prudes are now. Probably 6 feet under.

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2021 2:01 AM

Oh yeah, and Janet didn’t know anything about it and was just an innocent victim. Okay, sure Jan(et).

by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2021 2:24 AM

Garbage’s song “Sex Is Not the Enemy” was about the silliness of the whole brouhaha over the incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2021 2:34 AM

Janet singlehandedly created YouTube from her right tit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2021 2:36 AM

Congratulations to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis!

by Anonymousreply 115April 13, 2021 2:37 AM

She must've known that her brother was fucking those kids.

by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2021 2:38 AM

Jehovah wasn't the only thing that fat cow witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2021 2:40 AM

Neither Madonna, Janet, Britney nor Justin are artists or singers. They are performers and heavily reliant on producers and needed controversies to sell. Controversies can backfire because you don't know how the audience will react. Nipplegate was a controversy that backfired on Janet. Not too dissimilar from Madonna's Sex book backfiring too. Britney's relationship with JT, kissing Madonna and her breakdown kept her in the spotlight longer than she really had any business being.

Meanwhile real artists and singers like Pink, Jill Scott, Bruno Mars, Jazmin Sullivan and Fiona Apple will continue to age and still get booked because they have talent

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] Meanwhile real artists and singers like Pink, Jill Scott, Bruno Mars, Jazmin Sullivan and Fiona Apple will continue to age and still get booked because they have talent

Yeah, I'm sure Madonna is looking at their careers and thinking- gosh, if only I had their success.

Dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2021 2:56 AM

[quote] The mid-90s were around the last time that whites stopped giving a shit about Janet Jackson, same with her kiddie fucking brother.

Michael Jackson was the biggest pop star of all time. Whites never stopped giving a shit about him and many of his defenders are white women.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Is Fiona Apple really still getting booked anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote]Michael Jackson was the biggest pop star of all time. Whites never stopped giving a shit about him and many of his defenders are white women.

Nobody in the US gave a shit about Michael Jackson after 1994. He was still popular in Europe, because they tend to be about 10 years behind pop culture trends.

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2021 3:02 AM

[quote] Nobody in the US gave a shit about Michael Jackson after 1994. He was still popular in Europe, because they tend to be about 10 years behind pop culture trends.

Funny, I'm American and he was still well-known in the 2000s because of all his erratic behavior. Also everyone compared to Timberlake and Usher to MJ and when he died in 2009, MTV and BET played his videos nonstop. You must have been living under the rock in the 2000s.

[quote] Madonna's Music was a much, much bigger hit than Janet's All For you. And Britney's Oops I did It Again was also much bigger than All For You. She was nowhere near the best selling female artist of 2000-2001

Sad because All For You was a much better album than both of those. Madonna regressed so much after Ray of Light and OIDIA was standard bubblegum pop. All For You was a pretty good album though not as good as Janet's 80s and 90s stuff.

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2021 3:04 AM

Madonna is very much an artist. Yes, she was controversial but there was artistic expression involved there. She wrote or co-wrote a lot of her material. And no, it wasn't just "adding two words to get a songwriting credit." The people she's worked with have all praised her. Nile Rodgers has said she's his favorite out of all the artists she's worked with.

I'll give you Britney, though. She was nothing but an assembly-line product who was created by committee and had no talent. Her huge success was baffling to me.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2021 3:06 AM

[quote]Michael Jackson was the biggest pop star of all time.

Historically, yes. By the early 90s his plastic surgery and bizarre behavior made him unpalatable to the masses. Only his hardcore fans loved him. The first molestation scandal in '93 ended his popularity with the mainstream and people were repulsed by him.

by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote] And no, it wasn't just "adding two words to get a songwriting credit."

Did someone call me?

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2021 3:08 AM

Fiona Apple only had one good song. She was a pretentious bore and bugfuck crazy.

by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2021 3:08 AM

r121 rehab

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2021 3:09 AM

All these comments just reminded me of the super pathetic nip slip red carpet trend that followed this. Every other week another carpet shark ‘accidentally’ slipped a little nip to the paps to remain relevant. Snap some vag if they’re doubly desperate.

by Anonymousreply 129April 13, 2021 3:11 AM

justin was just a po' frau's remy shand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 13, 2021 3:11 AM

I believe Madonna wrote songs but she comes across as a shrewd businesswoman who cares more about her popularity than art for arts sake. Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Mariah Carey also write their songs and they do it for commercial purposes too. In order to be an artist, you need to bare your soul, break from convention and take some risks. Fiona Apple, Jill Scott, Tori Amos, Erykah Badu and Lorde do that. Madonna's songwriting is very simple and she's never done anything challenging lyrically. Her visuals were always a big selling point.

by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2021 3:13 AM

Madonna's written some confessional songs. Live To Tell, Oh Father, and Promise To Try among others.

by Anonymousreply 132April 13, 2021 3:14 AM

Madonna broke out because she came on the scene at the right time when MTV was ramping up. She fully embraced the music video format and used it as a medium to promote her songs.

by Anonymousreply 133April 13, 2021 3:16 AM

[quote]Snap some vag if they’re doubly desperate.

Did someone call me?

by Anonymousreply 134April 13, 2021 3:21 AM

[quote]She must've known that her brother was fucking those kids.

Of course she did. She's a pedophile protector and defender. They all knew but they didn't want to interrupt the flow of money. Janet would have had no career without him.

by Anonymousreply 135April 13, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote]Madonna is very much an artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 13, 2021 3:34 AM

If it wasn't for Michael, Janet would be cleaning Rebbie's floors.

by Anonymousreply 137April 13, 2021 3:36 AM

And cleaning them as well as she could sing R137 - badly.

by Anonymousreply 138April 13, 2021 3:37 AM

[quote]Madonna's written some confessional songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 13, 2021 3:39 AM

Yeah we get it you don't like Madonna. But your opinion doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2021 3:42 AM

r133 but didn't madge hide behind vinyl to be sold as an 'urban artist' after mainstream radio threw her in the bin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2021 3:42 AM

Janet's latest honor is that her still-culturally relevant Rhythm Nation 1814 album was just added to the Library of Congress National Recording registry, which deems the album "culturally, historically, or artistically significant." This is an honor that she now has in common with her brother, Elvis, The Stones, Prince and many, MANY other legendary icons.

Madonna, Justin, Britney et. al., are still waiting in the wings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 13, 2021 3:46 AM

Justin, Madonna, Janet and Britney are all irrelevant honestly. They haven't made any good music in a while and they're old now. They all were a product of the MTV era so their looks and sex appeal was a big selling point. They had good runs though especially Madonna. I don't find any of them extremely talented just very lucky, ambitious and marketable. You can find more talent at a local urban arts school or church.

"Bugfuck crazy" Fiona Apple is a real artist and she released an album last year that got critically praised. The Weeknd despite his Grammy snub had the biggest single last year. Beyoncé is a good singer, is still popular and like Madonna used the music video format to her advantage in the streaming era. Pink still gets hit singles once and a while. Jennifer Hudson is now playing Aretha Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 143April 13, 2021 4:01 AM

hmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 13, 2021 4:03 AM

R118 lists Pink as an “artist” come on now

by Anonymousreply 145April 13, 2021 4:03 AM

R145 Well, Pink can sing unlike Madonna, Janet or Britney. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 146April 13, 2021 4:04 AM

The Beatles' looks and sex appeal were a big selling point. The Rolling Stones' looks and sex appeal were a big selling point. That's part of entertainment.

Fiona Apple is one of the most overrated artists, not much "there" there. And her fans tend to be pretentious twats.

I don't think anyone's going to really know who Justin and Britney were 50 years from now but I do think people will be aware of who Madonna was, and her songs will still be of interest.

by Anonymousreply 147April 13, 2021 4:05 AM

uh huh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 13, 2021 4:05 AM

r147

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 13, 2021 4:06 AM

TL;DR Is an exposed breast still 'a thing'?

by Anonymousreply 150April 13, 2021 4:06 AM

r150 yes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 13, 2021 4:14 AM

The internet has canceled Justin Timberlake’s “MAY!” meme and given it to someone more deserving:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 1, 2021 5:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!