Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you want the Good News first or Last?

Whenever someone offers me the option of having good news delivered first or last, I always say give me the good news last. I don’t see why anyone would want good news first because it would be overshadowed in moments by the bad news. Whenever someone is delivering the good news before the bad news, I am always bracing for the bad news, and all I leave that conversation with is the headline of the bad news. It’s much better to get the bad news out of the way first and then have it softened by the good news.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 1:41 AM

All I can think of is this magnificent clip:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 3:24 PM

It doesn't really matter because there usually isn't any real "good" news to tell.

Most of the time, the degree of bad of the bad news so wholly overwhelms the meagre good news which is usually just a joke riffing on the bad news in any case.

It's actually all just bad news and a bad joke.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 3:31 PM

Very true

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 3:37 PM

I am a person whose Philosophy of life is to get the bad or difficult over done first before enjoying the good. I am huge on delaying gratification. People who want the good news first tend to be more impulsive or have a difficult time doing what is necessary to tackle problems

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 5:47 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2021 1:34 AM

Ted Knight is so good in that clip! I can’t imagine anyone else pulling that off.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2021 1:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!