Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Oops!...I Did It Again" Turns Twenty-One Today!

Britney Spears isn't a DL favorite (give me HELL, I'm already expecting it), and she isn't even my own favorite (that would be Cher), but despite the ridiculous bridge (featuring dialogue with a reference to Cameron's "Titanic"), I've always loved this song, and even moreso, the red vinyl catsuit.

It wasn't exactly groundbreaking, but it was instantly iconic. ACTUALLY iconic. Britney later stated that it was the most uncomfortable costume she'd worn. It was vinyl. Of course it was! But it looked...fantastic. I'm so gay.

Oops!... I Did It Again" is a song recorded by American singer Britney Spears, from her second album of the same name. It was released on April 11, 2000, by Jive Records as the lead single from the album. It was written and produced by Max Martin and Rami Yacoub.

Lyrically, the song refers to a female who views love as a game, and she decides to use that to her advantage by playing with her lover's emotions. Its bridge features a dialogue which references the 1997 film "Titanic".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 10:03 PM

It’s no Baby hit me one more time, for sure

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 11:24 AM

[quote] I'm so gay.

Defarto is trolling. Again.

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 11:28 AM

She looks amazing in this video.

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 11:39 AM

Oops! Nobody gives a fuck.🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 11:48 AM

Yeah what a has-been

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 11:49 AM

Although there have always been shitty artists, it was really when she became famous that the bar was lowered drastically in music and one of the big reasons music has never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 11:51 AM

R4 What IS it like to go through life with a name like "Nobody"?

Surely...even without that name, the jokes would've written themselves, as they currently do.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 11:56 AM

basura blanca

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 12:00 PM

Here's the video without the music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote] she isn't even my own favorite (that would be Cher)

Are you typing this from an insane asylum?

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 12:31 PM

I never realized how much vocal fry is in that song. It is really noticeable and really irritating to hear.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 12:34 PM

More like Oops!... I Made The Same Song Again

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 12:56 PM

I noticed that the videos of Madonna, Paula, Kylie, Janet, Aaliyah, TLC and Brandy seemed to focus mostly on the dancing or a storyline/scenario. The music was important to setting the vibe and the choreography matched the song. They had a personality too. They also actually seem quite innocent today.

Britney's early videos on the other hand were mostly focused on showing off her looks and putting her in skimpy outfits. Her dancing was never the main focus and the plot came secondary. Watching Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know, Slave 4 U, etc. It's kind of uncomfortable knowing how young she was and basically paraded as a sex object. As a young person you don't notice this but as an adult it really is disturbing in hindsight.

Other pop acts like Backstreet, Christina, NSYNC and Destiny's Child had a bit more substance and choreography in their videos. Britney was mostly just a sex object for the audience to gaze upon and that's why her musical quality wasn't up to par with the older artists I mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Anyway, I think this was a good, very European-sounding pop song. It was never released in the States though but charted in The UK. It sounds way more interesting to me than BOMT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 8:48 PM

She’s packed a lot of “living” into 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 10:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!