Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nearly 40% of Marines decline COVID vaccine.

Nearly 40% of United States Marines who have been offered the COVID-19 vaccine have declined it, according to the Pentagon.

Of the 123,500 Marines that have had access to the vaccine, 75,500 Marines are either fully vaccinated or have only received one dose while about 48,000 have declined it, Communication Strategy and Operations Officer Capt. Andrew Woods told USA TODAY.

"We fully understand that widespread acceptance of the COVID-19 vaccine provides us with the best means to defeat this pandemic. The key to addressing this pandemic is building vaccine confidence," he said, confirming a statistic first reported by CNN.

Woods said the Navy and Marine Corp were working to ensure that soldiers have accurate information about the safety of the vaccine and want to encourage people to get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2021 12:44 AM

Kick out the ones who refuse to take it. Their job is literally to protect this country and by not taking the vaccine, they are not doing their duty.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 4:54 AM

Why the fuck are they being given a choice?

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 4:57 AM

There was a previous thread on this issue. While the vaccine is still under emergency authorization the military cannot require it. Once it is fully authorized, they can. Since there was a previous declaration that covid infection was incompatible with military service, those who get sick can expect to be discharged.

In the meantime, I live next to a marine base, and wonder just what impact those 40% will have on my community...

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 4:58 AM

Well it's America not Russia or China.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 4:59 AM

Who cares as long as it’s easily available to the people who want it they’ll be okay

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 5:02 AM

wow, I guess 40 percent of them are deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 5:03 AM

R4, are you a moron? You realize that's irrelevant, right?

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 5:05 AM

On 'em! Why be injected with a vaccine whose effectiveness remains unknown.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 5:08 AM

R7 of course it's relevant, you cannot force Americans even the soldiers to accept the vaccine, my post is a reply to R2

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 5:21 AM

In a non-draft military, most enlistees are fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 5:37 AM

My son was certified mental, having been in a mental hospital prior to joining the army. He was stationed in Germany. got in some skiing.(we are upper middle class) It kept him off the streets for a while. If you have raised a crazy, you know what I am talking about. It is exhausting. He is dead now from a disease of undetermined nature. He passed in his early 40's.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 6:51 AM

R11 OMG sorry to hear that. When did he pass? Did you two have a good relationship?

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 6:56 AM

I’m not surprised. A lot of military people are Republicans/Trumpsters and believe Covid is “just the flu.”😑. Yeah it’s just the flu...until they’re in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 7:00 AM

WTF!! What is this a hippie commune? NO!

Uncle Sam needs to get ALL of them vaccinated or give them a dishonorable discharge!

Get rid of these idiots!

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 7:21 AM

Yes you can r9.

R3 is correct, the only reason it isn't required for them yet is because the vaccine is still under emergency use authorization rather than full authorization. Organizations require vaccines has been going on in America for decades.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 11:29 AM

There needs to be an ingestible vaccine. Then they can put it in the crayons.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 11:35 AM

The Marines were where the not so smart ones went.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 11:42 AM

So the marines are just going to pass Covid to their sexual partners ?

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 11:48 AM

Cunts

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote] In the meantime, I live next to a marine base,

Lucky bastard. The eye candy alone!

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 12:16 PM

R9 has no clue how the military works.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 12:16 PM

Yep r21, the life of a soldier is the furthest thing from "free", it is all about following orders

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 12:44 PM

R9, you're a fucking moron. People in the military don't have the same rights as civilians. They can be ordered to do things. Including taking the vaccine. And they SHOULD be ordered to do so.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 2:42 PM

R8, the effectiveness of the vaccine is well demonstrated, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 2:43 PM

It's the Marine CORPS, OP. Not "Corp."

by Anonymousreply 25April 11, 2021 2:48 PM

I've never known a Marine who wasn't a HIUGE cunt

They're the worst branch

by Anonymousreply 26April 11, 2021 2:50 PM

But the hottest!

by Anonymousreply 27April 11, 2021 3:05 PM

because we are "bad ass patriots" only weak and weak minded people get sick and need something from the government!"... mindset!...

let's face it, those who go in the military (like the police) are NOT the most educated, and smartest tools in the shed...

by Anonymousreply 28April 11, 2021 3:08 PM

Arrogance magnifies ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 29April 11, 2021 3:09 PM

R29... well said ignorance and stupidity is never a good combination....as is arrogance with ignorance...

by Anonymousreply 30April 11, 2021 3:11 PM

I guess you know which ones are Dump-licking conspiracy loons.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2021 3:11 PM

Jarheads, your god told you to get vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2021 3:21 PM

FDA hasn’t given this it’s official approval. Once that’s done the Pentagon can make vaccinations mandatory. These have been approved on an emergency basis only. So I’m not concerned they will all get vaccinated in due time.

But what funny is these idiots will refuse the vaccines but give them 6 beers and they’d take a warm raw load from a guy right in their ass. Marines were never known as the genius branch of the armed services.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] FDA hasn’t given this it’s official approval.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2021 3:23 PM

Not wanting an experimental COVID "vaccine" for no other reason than "because we told you to do it" has nothing to do with Donald Trump or MAGA. If you think it does, thanks for being a living meme.

The fact that so many people are screeching about these issues being "MAGA" really makes it easy to point out the damning effects the media has on small minds, and how politicizing COVID is something that very much happened (so smart people, be wary). Thanks meme people!

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2021 4:03 PM

It's not experimental and it is most definitely a vaccine, r35, not a "vaccine" in quotes.

You really shouldn't be giving advice to smart people.

by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2021 4:07 PM

Fuck off, R35. I hardly think the Marines in this case are anything but conspiracy-loving MAGATS. It’s no coincidence that the majority of people choosing to not get vaccinated are idiot Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2021 4:08 PM

These Marines know the vaccine will be mandatory for them soon enough, and in the meantime, they have the luxury of posturing right now, if they're part of the anti-vax or conspiracy/Q communities. When it becomes mandatory, very few will leave the military instead of get the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 38April 11, 2021 4:09 PM

Good point.

by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2021 4:19 PM

If colleges are requiring for onsite learning this fall, military should have a mandatory requirement too.

by Anonymousreply 40April 11, 2021 4:20 PM

R36

No, it is not a “vaccine“. The definition of vaccine was changed in October in order to cover the medical device currently being injected by Moderna and Pfizer. You are the idiot who didn’t know about the underhanded change in medical policy.

by Anonymousreply 41April 11, 2021 4:26 PM

What’s the medical device?

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2021 4:29 PM

And of course r41 provides us a link to back up his bullshit.

Oh, wait.

Sorry, that level of stupid can’t be fixed.

by Anonymousreply 43April 11, 2021 4:32 PM

I haven’t been vaccinated because I can’t even get an appointment. I’m curious about this medical device.

by Anonymousreply 44April 11, 2021 4:34 PM

President Biden can order the military to vaccinate. He is the commander in chief after all.

by Anonymousreply 45April 11, 2021 4:41 PM

Troops have a bad history when it comes to just trusting their government. Remember during the nuclear bomb testing, the gov't stationed troops close enough to receive radiation exposure, without warning them of nor warning them of the potential consequences. And, of course, the infamous Tuskegee experiment. During the Vietnam War, the gov't exposed thousands of troops to Agent Orange.

During Desert Storm, troops were supposed to get the anthrax vaccination, and a lot of them refused it then. Since then, some people have claimed Gulf War syndrome was caused by the anthrax vaccine, or that it was a contributing factor.

At best, the gov't has a history of using troops as guinea pigs, at worst, showing a complete indifference regarding their health and safety even outside of combat and during peacetime conditions. And the troops know this, so of course some of them are reluctant to end up suffering unforeseen consequences.

Funny how that knowledge that their gov't is willing to fuck them over doesn't stop them from enlisting, though. It only becomes an issue for them when they're told to get a shot.

by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2021 5:20 PM

R9, we force kids to get vaccines to be able to go to school.

Anti-vaxxers don't get this

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2021 5:23 PM

R46, if they don't trust "the government".....why are they joining the government's armed forces?

Men in the Tuskegee Experiment suffered because they WEREN'T given treatment

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2021 5:25 PM

Because we told them the vaccine doesn't work on bottoms!

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote] Why the fuck are they being given a choice?

Because accusations of leftist totalitarianism are already the gift that keeps on giving for rightwing agitprop. Give them something REAL to talk about? Forgot it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2021 5:32 PM

I haven't encountered a bottom Marine yet but have hooked up with a few who make lusting, moaning hot noises during the sucking or fucking but once they cum they get mean and almost seem upset you made them cum.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2021 5:51 PM

I remember hearing about the various vaccines the military had to take before going over to the Middle East for our many years of war there, so this whole “optional” thing is baffling. Marines do what their commanders tell them to do.

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2021 6:03 PM

Make it mandatory, marines. Like other vaccines

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2021 6:27 PM

The Military is not a democracy. They have their own set of rules. Biden is the top of the chain of command. They must follow orders or risk discharge.

by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote]or risk discharge.

Then bye!

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2021 7:10 PM

Tell them gays will withhold blowjobs. Then watch how quickly they get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 56April 11, 2021 7:54 PM

💉 [italic] Nobody Knows Nothin'Bout The Corona Vaccine

by Anonymousreply 57April 11, 2021 8:01 PM

..... But the safety of the vaccine remains unknown.

That will take 3-5 years.

Hopefully your dick won't fall off in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2021 8:07 PM

At my age, I’ll take that risk.

by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2021 8:39 PM

They need to be taken off service to the people, without pay, until the pandemic is over.

by Anonymousreply 60April 11, 2021 8:46 PM

Wtf. Jab them in the ass and have them say Yes suh thank you suh.

by Anonymousreply 61April 11, 2021 8:48 PM

They were never known to be the sharpest tools in the shed. In fairness, they are the hottest and proudest.

by Anonymousreply 62April 11, 2021 8:52 PM

r58, you need to pay more attention. The MRNA vaccines have been around and tested since the late 90's.

Here's a fact that will blow your minds...the vaccine was actually developed in February of 2020 as soon as the Chinese were able to map the genome. It was being tested starting then, but it wasn't approved until much later in the year. The vaccine has not changed at all since then. Think of how many lives we have lost since February of last year. All of those could have likely been saved had we not had such rigorous testing standards. But yeah, all of you bitching about how it's not known if it's "safe" have zero clue what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 63April 11, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote] Think of how many lives we have lost since February of last year.

Basically all 560,000 of them, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 64April 11, 2021 9:17 PM

Part of the attitude (not wanting vax) probably has to do with youth. A lot of these guys are 18-22 years old. Someone I know, in his mid-20s, caught Covid in jail & recovered quickly ... in jail (isolation). I asked him how it was and it seemed like it was a blip on his radar.

The bad thing is the spreading (of the virus), though. Maybe these young guys can easily recover, but they're infecting older people.

by Anonymousreply 65April 11, 2021 9:22 PM

It should be mandatory. Some dam fool uneducated soldier should not be putting other people at risk. Their bosses should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 66April 11, 2021 9:34 PM

They aren't known for being the smarted branch.

by Anonymousreply 67April 12, 2021 1:59 AM

Of course they don't. Marines are now Gen Z and they are the UNVACCINATED generation because their Gen X mommies and daddies think they know better than science and their kids are super super special

by Anonymousreply 68April 12, 2021 3:27 AM

FORCE them to get the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 69April 12, 2021 7:28 AM

crayon eaters

by Anonymousreply 70April 12, 2021 7:30 AM

Z00MER Snowflakes!

by Anonymousreply 71April 12, 2021 7:33 AM

[quote]Why the fuck are they being given a choice?

Hi, Karen! Would you like to speak to the manager of the military?

by Anonymousreply 72April 12, 2021 7:35 AM

R70 the funny thing is their parents swore they ate latchkey crayons for breakfast lunch and dinner, but don't you dare give a vaccine to their precious Jadyn or else they'll speak to the manager

by Anonymousreply 73April 12, 2021 7:38 AM

"I'd rather have a sister in the whorehouse than a son in the Marines"

Ancient Navy Wisdom

by Anonymousreply 74April 12, 2021 9:44 AM

R43

Are you too fucking stupid to use the Internet?

The change in language for vaccines is right here on the fucking FDA website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 12, 2021 10:03 AM

There were about 100 potential vaccine candidates back then R63. Many of them failed testing. Others were approved without proper testing and have substandard efficacy. (Looking at you CCP) Regulatory standards are a good thing. Also technically the Chinese released the genome of the virus in the first half of January. But I do agree with you that the technology behind the mRNA vaccines is amazing and the combination of being able to sequence genomes quickly and the new vaccine platforms is nothing short of miraculous.

by Anonymousreply 76April 12, 2021 11:17 AM

[quote] They aren't known for being the smarted branch.

Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 77April 12, 2021 11:47 AM

Cancel all leaves for the unvaccinated and make them stay on the base.

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2021 11:48 AM

The Yas Kweens want to force them to get vaccinated. That’s crazy.

by Anonymousreply 79April 12, 2021 1:04 PM

It's not though.

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2021 1:15 PM

Can't Biden fire them?

by Anonymousreply 81April 14, 2021 6:13 PM

r81 abolish and replace them with upper middle class activists in exchange for paying their college loans.

by Anonymousreply 82April 14, 2021 6:47 PM

r79

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 14, 2021 6:48 PM

The Marines again show their devotion to the words of America's royal family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 14, 2021 7:03 PM

Kennedy is not one to make bold statements without evidence. In fact, he encourages people to sue him so he can go to court and prove whose telling the truth. If the statements/info against BG published by RFK Jr, were lies/falsehoods, surely BG would/will sue...right? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 14, 2021 10:21 PM

[quote] and prove whose telling the truth.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 86April 14, 2021 10:24 PM

Roll the fuckers over and give them a vaccine in the ass cheek with the biggest syringe available

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 14, 2021 10:26 PM

Discovery would be tantamount to corporate suicide.

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2021 10:41 PM

I can't believe some moron posted something from lewrockwell.com here. Jesus fucking christ.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2021 11:21 PM

If the vaccine manufacturers were forced to allow Kennedy discovery, the game would be over.

by Anonymousreply 90April 15, 2021 1:21 AM

“ I haven't encountered a bottom Marine yet but have hooked up with a few who make lusting, moaning hot noises during the sucking or fucking but once they cum they get mean and almost seem upset you made them cum.”

That’s called guilt

by Anonymousreply 91April 15, 2021 1:34 AM

Are we really surprised so many of them refuse the vaccine when the military is full of people like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 15, 2021 1:54 AM

That cracker racist loser doesn't even have shoes on.

I hope he gets what's coming to him.

by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2021 12:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!