Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever stolen anything of value from someone else?

I hooked up with a semi-famous actor. I went over mainly to see his TONY award.

He was a pretty good lay but when he went to the bathroom, because I wanted to prove to my friends that I had slept with him, I stole a small framed picture of him with a group of friends.

I was young and stupid at the time and I felt guilty about it for years. And then, it hit me, why not just send it back. So I did, with a letter of apology.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 11:18 AM

I stole my neighbor's Tina Turner wall clock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2021 10:10 PM

R1, that’s sad

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2021 10:13 PM

Did he respond?

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 10:14 PM

Stealing from people you know is usually a means of acting out emotions, or the act of an addict who needs money.

Stealing from strangers is psychopathy.

Stealing from corporate retailers is just fun.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 10:14 PM

I once committed grand larceny. With my incredibly beautiful college (straight) crush. It was a bonding moment. He did the heavy work. I planned it out.

A few years later, racked with guilt, I returned the item with a note saying, "I am sorry I took this."

Always wanted to go back there and see if they knew the backstory.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 10:24 PM

When I was in a fraternity we used to "lift" things from the university ... chairs, tables, stools, lecterns. We never felt guilty about it because the university was a huge system and we knew they had a budget to replace the items. One time at the end of the summer term there was a stack of mattresses outside one of the dorms. We stole about ten of them, lifted a giant piece of plastic from a job site, and built a water slide in the front yard and used the mattresses to cushion the landing at the bottom of the slope. When we were done we put the used mattresses in the dumpster.

I guess I feel a little guilt for being irresponsible, but our thefts did not hurt anyone. Carefree times for young men who had no understanding of white privilege or how the world would change around them as they aged.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 10:37 PM

R2 Pssst, hey cunt, over here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 10:46 PM

I stole my best friend’s heart ❤️

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 10:48 PM

When I was in my mid-20s and still quasi-closeted, I had a huge, very embarrassing crush on a (straight) friend and coworker. I'm sure he knew.

We'd hit the bars together after work and he'd try to pick up women and I'd get jealous ... and drunk. I was a mess.

One night, he got hammered and somehow I ended up with his wallet. I don't remember details other than I took a $20. He'd been ignoring me and I wanted to get back at him.

Yes, I was a petty bitch. And yes, he noticed, and it ended whatever friendship we had. I know $20 is not of great value, but the sentiment behind taking it is what really embarrasses me now.

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 10:55 PM

When I was a kid I stole my neighbor's My Little Pony doll.

Fast forward to months later my neighbor and her mom gets invited by my mother. She goes I had a My Little pony just like that but I lost it.

My mom just glared at me, knowing it was hers. Fun times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 11:00 PM

Stealing of any kind is tacky and low-class.

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 11:07 PM

My parents bought me a car 20 years after I graduated high school. They were fairly well-to-do and I think they were made to feel a little guilty because they never helped me and my sister after h.s. like other parents do. They just spent money on themselves, and always made fun of parents who helped their kids out. It 'looked bad'. So I'm sure they told everyone they knew that they bought me a car.

But... it wasn't free. Their neighbor was selling it for $4,400 (my dad hissed that he was only buying it "to get her off my back"). I paid them $100/mo. for 6 mos. then got into a situation where I had to move into a slightly more expensive apartment and I was already living check-to-check.

I never paid them back, though they reminded me of it most every time we talked. He's dead now.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 2:54 AM

Does virginity count?

Didn't think so.

POP!

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 2:57 AM

R11 we agree!

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 3:08 AM

Aniston's eggplant.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 3:44 AM

No, never. I don't steal.

by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 7:31 AM

R3, no, I was a chicken-shit and didn’t sign my name

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 7:09 PM

Well I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 7:10 PM

[quote] They were fairly well-to-do and I think they were made to feel a little guilty because they never helped me and my sister after h.s. like other parents do.

If parents can afford it, not helping one's children get a university education is a dereliction of parental duty.

Shame on them for not making that investment in their children's futures.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2021 2:00 AM

Yes, I stole a pen from my little, kind old Swedish neighbors, when I was about seven. It wasn't any old pen, it was one of those kind with four different colored inks and the little levers to push down for the color you wanted. Immense value. I really thought I would get caught and all hell would break loose, but nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2021 3:43 AM

I had sex with a professional athlete, years ago. I met him at a club. We were both drunk. He left his beautiful diamond encrusted Rolex in the bathroom. It occurred to me (after sex) that I could take it and run. He was passed out. He would never report it, because he wouldn’t want anyone to know that he was gay. I didn’t take it, because I oddly enough felt sorry for that rich motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 3:53 AM

Working as a server in my 20's, my coworkers and I would purposefully leave some money out on the coffee table or wherever, if we all got shit faced drunk and wound up crashing at someone's apartment or house. Those of us who knew each other well and trusted each other well knew not to steal it. If we didn't know you well and it was the first time you crashed at one of our places, it would be the last.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 11:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!