Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Defending Joan!

Seems like some queen out there is PRESSED and is going the extra mile to defend Mrs. Alfred Steele.

Don't fuck with her, fellas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 3:14 PM

Just fascinating that so many commenters on there are SO passionate about defending JC.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2021 12:40 AM

kevin smith

As an avid TCM fan, I joined the TCM Fan Club a few months ago. I started to notice that anytime someone posted something about her, or any of her movies, it was met by a vast amount of negative comments! No other star, and there are MANY posts daily about dozens of others, is met with such negativity! I finally decided one day to post something POSITIVE about her, her career, and her vast contributions to the Golden Age of Hollywood! Sure, it was met with some negativity, but the vast majority of comments were from people who actually respected her, as if they were waiting for someone to appreciate her for the star she really was!

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2021 12:47 AM

MARY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2021 1:12 AM

Actually watched it all. None of the people that defended Joan were in the same house with Christina and Joan. But lots of stories of Joans kindness and generosity. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle between the Joan defenders and Christina defenders so...

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 2:07 AM

A telltale hint is abusers usually spoil one or more of the other kids (in this case the "twins") to rub salt in the wounds of the abused.

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 2:13 AM

With this money I can get away from you.

From you and your chickens and your pies and your kitchens and everything that smells of grease. I can get away from this shack with its cheap furniture, and this town and its dollar days, and its women that wear uniforms and its men that wear overalls.

You think just because you've made a little money you can get a new hairdo and some expensive clothes and turn yourself into a lady. But you can't, because you'll never be anything but a common frump, whose father lived over a grocery store and whose mother took in washing.

With this money, I can get away from every rotten, stinking thing that makes me think of this place or you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 4:57 PM

Christina lived in the ‘best house in Brentwood’ and was an ungrateful bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 6:05 PM

The thing that struck me (and I watched/listened to about 15 minutes) is that everyone's story sounded very, very similar to one another. That could be proof of Joan's story being true, but it also sounds like they were all coached by someone.

And as someone else said, none of them (well, few of them) were ever really *there.*

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2021 2:35 AM

This is a bit of a hard turn for this Concluding Chapter of Crawford queen, who was just capturing interviews and such before about the later years of her career.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2021 3:02 PM

She ruined my career. Screw her.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2021 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!