Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why isn't Kamala at the border?

Come on Kams!!! I was a supporter from day one but this is starting to bother me. Get on a plane!!!

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2021 9:59 PM

(Small voice) I’ve been thinking that, too. I really, really want them to do well - with the awful republicans having fits down there - I think she could really make a difference if she was seen as a little more hands on down there. Esplecially after Melania’s I don’t Care, Do You? In everybody’s memory vault.

by Anonymousreply 1April 10, 2021 5:31 AM

[quote]I was a supporter from day one

She's FAB!!

by Anonymousreply 2April 10, 2021 5:33 AM

Trump said last week he will be visiting the border soon. Come on dems! Wake up!

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 5:37 AM

Kind of feeling the same way. Where is she

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 5:38 AM

R1 and Melania wasn't an elected official. I expect more from a Vice-President esp one who originally was put in charge of the border by the President later clarified as being in charge of diplomacy. What's being done and who's in charge?

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 5:38 AM

that little boy crying about being abandoned by his group and asking for help yesterday was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 5:40 AM

Dear Kamala is busy getting groomed, airbrushed and photographed.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 5:45 AM

She's still redecorating the Veep mansion.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 5:48 AM

I want to see her catching those babes dropped over the wall!

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 5:50 AM

Kamala - where is you gurl?

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 5:51 AM

The problem is that if Kamala is photographed at the border, the Biden admin is owning a shitshow that's truly of Trump's own making.

One that isn't easily solved with basic common sense, unlike the COVID vaccine situation.

Stay hid, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 5:52 AM

[quote]Stay hid, gurl!

High quality advice is starting to filter in.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2021 5:56 AM

[quote]Dear Kamala is busy getting groomed, airbrushed and photographed.

OMG. Imagine all the portraits and shit when she becomes President! The posing!

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2021 6:00 AM

You folks are assuming she'd go down there and make a difference, create some positive publicity.

I suspect she'd go down there and demonstrate how clueless and ineffective she really is.

In which case it probably is in the administration's interest to keep her well hidden under a basket.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2021 6:03 AM

Trump didn't create this mess. Come on. Biden's inviting them is why they came. They were afraid to come during Trump's tenure.

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2021 6:04 AM

I want to see the dust on her Dior.

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2021 6:07 AM

[quote]Stay hid, gurl!

[quote] keep her well hidden under a basket.

she won't be able to do this when she becomes president. she needs to get out there.

Get out there, gurl and do your fucking job!

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2021 6:07 AM

This is happening during Biden's presidency and it's more of a shitshow then ever.

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2021 6:11 AM

r15 350 people arrived at the border daily during Trump's final year, and 500 a day now. It's a huge mischaracterization to say that people stopped arriving during Trump's tenure.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2021 6:17 AM

He deserves your RESPECT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2021 6:17 AM

Biden sending Kamala to Texas would be like Eisenhower sending Nixon to Venezuela.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2021 6:20 AM

She hasn't been able to find one of Melania's "I don't give a shit" jackets.

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2021 6:22 AM

[quote]OMG. Imagine all the portraits and shit when she becomes President! The posing!

This has already started.

"Honored to share my official portrait and to serve as your Vice President."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2021 6:29 AM

More than 500 are arriving per day now.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2021 6:31 AM

100,000 arrived in February alone.

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2021 6:32 AM

R19 the word 'stopped' wasn't used but, the number of migrants arriving has increased ten fold during Biden's tenure.

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2021 6:34 AM

[quote]"Honored to share my official portrait and to serve as your Vice President."

Why is she honored?

by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2021 6:39 AM

She’s proving to be a useless dumbass cow.

by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2021 6:39 AM

[quote] She’s proving to be a useless dumbass cow.

I’m shocked. Shocked I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2021 6:42 AM

She should go and do that descamisados speech from Evita that follows Don't Cry for Me Argentina.

Then maybe close with something from Gypsy.

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2021 6:45 AM

I always thought the way she so publicly humiliated Willie Brown's wife would have made her poison with women voters.

by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2021 6:50 AM

'Descamisados' = The Shirtless Ones.

by Anonymousreply 32April 10, 2021 6:53 AM

AOC went to the border. And cried on camera. Kamala can do it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 10, 2021 6:58 AM

Beto also went to the border and got days of glowing press coverage in the middle of his Senate campaign, and it didn't do shit for him.

by Anonymousreply 34April 10, 2021 7:11 AM

R34 and it didn't do shit for the migrants either

by Anonymousreply 35April 10, 2021 7:20 AM

[quote] it didn't do shit for him.

Kamala can do that better.

by Anonymousreply 36April 10, 2021 7:20 AM

It's the NORMAL SEASONAL influx. It happens every year in some form or another.

It's not some "surge" because of Biden policies ya lying liars.

And yes I know this whole thread is a right-wing troll - what they get by coming here to DL all the time I don't know but I'm sure it involves shame-boners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 10, 2021 7:38 AM

[quote] shame-boners

What is that?

Is it a new word?

by Anonymousreply 38April 10, 2021 7:51 AM

Good question. She’s a disappointment so far.

by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2021 7:54 AM

[quote] Is it a new word?

A shame-boner is the sexual arousal some get while doing things or going places they, themselves, deem "immoral"

Like when an anti-gay preacher "infiltrates" a gay bookstore for "research" and is ashamed that just walking thru the door he got wood.

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2021 7:59 AM

^^^ To add to that: They're ashamed of their boners but that shame is also part of the arousal.

by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2021 8:00 AM

R33 nah, AOC has skill, charisma, and political instinct that Kamala could only dream of. Even when AOC makes a gaffe, she is able to flip it so the people criticizing her look like psychopaths that are obsessed with her (and they kind of are.) Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were also good at that.

Kamala is just another Hillary hack. She shows her fangs too much.

by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2021 8:09 AM

[quote]And yes I know this whole thread is a right-wing troll

MORON.

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2021 8:15 AM

I HATE to say this BUT they're gonna have to close it until they can get a handle on the people already here. People are literally pouring in. I'm not against immigration but I don't see how they can ever get a grip on this shit if they don't do something drastic. I mean...they're looking for stadiums to hold people while Biden's getting shit from his own party about the conditions they're being held in.

I'm not sure what they expect him to do. It's like Lucy and Ethel working that conveyor belt with the chocolates.

by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2021 9:46 AM

Just keep the border closed. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2021 10:43 AM

[quote] get a grip on this shit

Yes, we must get a grip on it, R44.

But I will need to wear rubber gloves if I'm going to grip it properly.

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Solve all of the world's problems in less than 90 days, you female succubus!

by Anonymousreply 47April 10, 2021 12:31 PM

[quote] What's being done and who's in charge?

Implying that nothing is being done and nobody is in charge unless you see Kamala Harris literally AT the border is beyond stupid.

The administration released information several weeks ago about how the previous admin let the buildings that went up during the Obama admin basically rot, and they're using other buildings while the primary ones are being repaired. I'd bet anything that once those buildings are back up and running, there will be photo ops.

But that's all they are: photo ops. The Vice President may be in charge of the border, but there's not much she personally can do AT the border. She's in charge of a lot of things, and her job is to delegate and manage, which she obviously does from DC.

by Anonymousreply 48April 10, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote]. there's not much she personally can do AT the border.

AOC went to the border.

by Anonymousreply 49April 10, 2021 12:42 PM

Kamala is staying away from that shit. They are going to kick the illegal immigrants out. They are not building the wall just like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 50April 10, 2021 12:43 PM

K is not going because of her future Prez campaign and its vulnerability to the power of graphic imagery. She is unwilling to be graphically tied to the shitshow unleashed down there after Biden took office and opened the floodgates with poorly thought-through, "We're-Not-Trump" decrees in the name of woke posturing. If/when calmer, cleaner, more orderly graphics are available, she'll be there, posing and emoting.

by Anonymousreply 51April 10, 2021 1:36 PM

This bitch will never be President.

by Anonymousreply 52April 10, 2021 1:43 PM

Biden needed to have put Pete Buttigieg in charge. He would have already been to the border multiple times, including interviewing hundreds of migrants in Spanish. He would examine all aspects of the situation, presented a blueprint and timetable for resolutions, and would be pressing Congress, including Republicans, to embrace his proposals. He would get something done.

Kamala will be a photo-op whenever it happens.

by Anonymousreply 53April 10, 2021 2:05 PM

The border and uncontrolled migration will be the Achilles Heel for the Democrats. Stop the pandering. Those Latino citizens near the border areas and in South Florida largely vote Republican anyway.

by Anonymousreply 54April 10, 2021 2:16 PM

[quote] that little boy crying about being abandoned by his group

Hey, you can't make an omelette without break a few eggs. Once we get millions of new Democratic voters in the red states, and get rid of voter ID requirements, you will be happy that child served the greater purpose of creating a permanent Democratic majority.

by Anonymousreply 55April 10, 2021 2:28 PM

She should be stationed down there on a tower with a machine gun.

by Anonymousreply 56April 10, 2021 2:29 PM

Kamala never impressed me.

by Anonymousreply 57April 10, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote] I'm not against immigration

R44, it kinda sounds like you are. And, if so, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 58April 10, 2021 3:44 PM

R52 Hopefully. I pray that Biden has someone to taste his food for him. I wouldn’t put anything past this power hungry bitch.

by Anonymousreply 59April 10, 2021 3:45 PM

When the morning shows are doing a glowing piece on Kamala, I wonder why they never ask Mrs. Willie Brown what she thinks?

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote] Esplecially after Melania’s I don’t Care, Do You? In everybody’s memory vault.

You mean, someone who went to the border? So much for the good that does ....

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2021 4:05 PM

Or ask her how she took not just one but TWO jobs at the same time on the California taxpayer's dime courtesy of Willie Brown.

She is Palin and Quayle rolled into one.

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2021 4:40 PM

A most useful thread for blocking MAGA trolls.

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2021 4:44 PM

Why should she physically be there at the wall? To take a fly swatter and try to shoosh them back over the border?

Being in charge of something doesn't mean you have to be there - but he sure put a dicey situation in her hands, if it's really now her problem. Can't they find some expert on immigration or something? Someone who's worked on the problem before?

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2021 4:49 PM

R58 Nah, you're projecting. I mentioned nothing about kicking anyone out or closing the border permanently. I suggested halting the influx UNTIL they deal with the 4 trillion people already in custody. In other words, free up some space before more people are let in.

Yeah, sorry. I'm not dead inside.

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]A most useful thread for blocking MAGA trolls.

no one wants to hear what you have to say either

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2021 5:05 PM

The optics would be good...if anything. Yes, optics are (or is?) important...even though superficial. Melania visiting the childrens' detention center, wearing the "I don't care...do U?" jacket caused an uproar, though it was an optics troll. She certainly didn't do anything to help. Kamala would show good will by visiting the border. We are a superficial society.

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2021 5:10 PM

'We live, I regret to say, in an age of surfaces'

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2021 5:14 PM

Surprisingly few Vice Presidents go on to become president. Nixon and Biden were the only ones in recent years to be elected. Ford and LBJ assumed the post after the president left. This seems to Kamala's only hope.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2021 9:15 PM

You forgot me!

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2021 9:17 PM

oh yes r70 but you were kind of forgettable!

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2021 9:18 PM

Compared to Ford?

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2021 9:19 PM

Ford at least fell down a lot and provided Chevy Chase with material.

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2021 9:20 PM

But I had a war! My very own war!

You've all forgotten my glorious Desert Storm.

Frankly, you deserved George Jr.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2021 9:28 PM

R50, Mrs. Willie Brown had been separated from Willie for a decade before Kamala arrived, and she's seen several more follow Kamala on Willie's arm as long-time paramours, including at least one baby mama.

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2021 10:44 PM

Oh, fuck off, you fat, ugly cunt troll OP. Your lame intro just exposed you for what you are: a cunt troll. It used to be: "I hate Trump but but but...." Now it changed to: "I was her supporter, but but but..."

Go eat Trump's shit and fucking die, cunt!!!!

by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2021 10:55 PM

R69, LBJ was also elected on his own in ‘64.

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2021 11:13 PM

[quote] Yes, optics are (or is?)

Optics is plural, so ‘are’ is correct.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2021 11:14 PM

[bold]THIS THREAD IS PROPAGANDA, coordinated rightwing shit-stirring.[/bold]

OP posts this here and merely a few hours later rightwing dipshit Rep Lauren Boebert posts essentially the same thing. Look, we all know political groups do coordinated things, but why bring it here to a fucking gay campy website unless it's just to stir up shit.

I know you rightwingers get all hot and bothered and feel 'dirty' coming here - which you like. So just come here with no agenda.. Join the fun. Be yourself, feel dirty just FOR YOU. But stop with the propaganda around here, it's bad for your soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 11, 2021 5:23 AM

yes r79 I'm part of the vast right wing conspiracy (unfortunately I was assigned to a low traffic gay message board. Hard to get the word for the next insurrection on a place with so little traffic but Mr. Trump assigned me here so I must obey.)

by Anonymousreply 80April 11, 2021 5:28 AM

I'm not saying you were "assigned" this from some group, OP. I'm saying you saw it being posted on rightwing sites, as coordinated messaging, so you thought you'd be neat and spill it here and hope doing so caused some blood to fill your sad pecker if only for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 81April 11, 2021 5:46 AM

Nope r81. I thought of it all by myself. It isn't just the right wing who are complaining about the conditions for the children at the border. Everyone with a heart should be actually. BTW you seem deranged. I've dealt with you before. You complain about all sorts of posts. Don't read them if they bother you. You can't control what people say here.

by Anonymousreply 82April 11, 2021 5:55 AM

R40 Like Fauci going to saunas in gay bath houses for AIDs research?

by Anonymousreply 83April 11, 2021 6:24 AM

[quote]THIS THREAD IS PROPAGANDA, coordinated rightwing shit-stirring.

So anyone who questions this woman's actions or inactions, rather - is going to get barraged by this sort of rubbish?

I wonder how long those moronic queens will be in love with handsome kamala...and she's only just begun, except she hasn't begun anything yet, except posting her fancy pantsy selfie pic on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 84April 11, 2021 6:34 AM

This issue could be solved if they had guards with orders to shoot anytime an illegal scumbag tries to cross the border.

by Anonymousreply 85April 11, 2021 6:35 AM

R48 What's being done and who's in charge? I guess you'll circle back when you have an actual answer.

by Anonymousreply 86April 11, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote]This bitch will never be President—ever

Where have I heard that before?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 11, 2021 6:42 AM

R37 The surge may be the seasonal norm but not the numbers which are at an all time. And if it's 'normal' why is there no transparency and why hasn't Comma-La Harris held a press conference in 18 days. Maybe she'll visit the ladies of The View.

by Anonymousreply 88April 11, 2021 6:50 AM

No no no. She'll do a sit-down with Oprah. Far from the border, in Hawaii maybe.

by Anonymousreply 89April 11, 2021 7:04 AM

R47 She hasn't held a press conference to address the issue since the old coot in the White House put her in charge of the border crisis. It's been 18 days and yet when she was running for President she was constantly available to perform her tragic mulatto act for the press and immediately spoke out in defense of her fellow tragic mulatto Jussie Smollett

by Anonymousreply 90April 11, 2021 7:07 AM

Hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 11, 2021 7:54 AM

I thought that photo was of her heading to the border - posted for all the Kamala sceptics to see...but, no.

by Anonymousreply 92April 11, 2021 8:30 AM

Holy shit R79 have you tried decaf?

by Anonymousreply 93April 11, 2021 11:45 AM

I don’t understand why Biden would suddenly sabotage her by assigning her the border. I don’t get why he did it.

by Anonymousreply 94April 11, 2021 12:39 PM

Which border is she supposed to be at? We have more than one.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2021 12:46 PM

R88...Sunny will love that. Her hero.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2021 12:52 PM

R94 He relegated responsibility to her so he could avoid the issue and focus on Georgia voters who will not be allowed to be given water while waiting on line to vote.

by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]She hasn't held a press conference to address the issue since the old coot in the White House put her in charge of the border crisis. It's been 18 days and yet when she was running for President she was constantly available to perform her tragic mulatto act for the press and immediately spoke out in defense of her fellow tragic mulatto Jussie Smollett

And funny how no one at CNN and MSNBC mentions her silence on the issue and absence at the border.

by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2021 5:49 PM

There must be some rich donor out there who wants to be appointed ambassador to Texas.

by Anonymousreply 99April 11, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote] Georgia voters who will not be allowed to be given water while waiting on line to vote.

I think the people of Georgia are smart enough to drink water before they go to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 100April 11, 2021 9:02 PM

R100 Or bring their own bottled water. But I fear Joe Biden doesn't give them any credit for being smart. 'Not everybody in the Hispanic and African-American community . . .know how to get online to get in line for that COVID vaccination at Walgreen's'

by Anonymousreply 101April 11, 2021 9:54 PM

R37 But there is a surge according to that deplorable rag The Washington Post in Mexican migrant deaths in the US during the pandemic and getting bodies home is a challenge. Maybe the old coot in the White House should put Comma-La in charge of body bags!

by Anonymousreply 102April 11, 2021 9:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!