Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mueller says drain

So all the rest of you can go to Hell. Also, it's called 'sauce' not gravy, Bridge and Tunnel retards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 7:14 AM

Is that from the unredacted report?

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2021 11:36 PM

I regard this matter as settled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2021 11:39 PM

I thought the original pasta controversy was about RINSING pasta when it was in the strainer, not just straining it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 12:27 AM

R3 is correct.

OP is a moron.

Drain? YES.

Rinse? NO.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 12:30 AM

The original controversy, such as it was, was to do with do you drain the pasta or do you tong it out of the saucepan onto a place. No one then was talking about rinsing: are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 12:31 AM

No, R5, I've been on DL for 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 12:33 AM

R6 is new here, en effet.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 12:37 AM

Drain and retain

Drain the pasta into a bowl.

Set pasta aside

Add a small amount of the pasta water to the sauce.

Add pasta to the sauce

Dump remaining pasta water.

Quit yapping and eat.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote] Drain and retain Drain the pasta into a bowl. Set pasta aside Add a small amount of the pasta water to the sauce. Add pasta to the sauce Dump remaining pasta water. Quit yapping and eat.

๐•ฟ๐–๐–š๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–”๐–๐–Š ๐–…๐–†๐–—๐–†๐–™๐–๐–š๐–˜๐–™๐–—๐–†

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 12:44 AM

R4 OP is absolutely a moron. The bridge and tunnel crowd would call it โ€œgravy,โ€ just like their Staten Island โ€œmaโ€™s.โ€ Sheโ€™s an outer borough zero.

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 12:48 AM

Mueller does not call it gravy. Mueller is nationwide. It is called sauce, thank God. We don't want your parochial expressions from little Sicily here, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 12:51 AM

โ’ทโ“กโ“˜โ““โ“–โ“” โ“โ“โ““ โ“ฃโ“คโ“โ“โ“”โ“› โ“–โ“คโ“˜โ““โ“žโ“ข โ“œโ“คโ“ขโ“ฃ โ“•โ“คโ“’โ“š โ“žโ“•โ“•

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2021 12:53 AM

I just open a can of Chef Boyardee.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2021 1:01 AM

Heinz spaghetti rings avoid all these issues. They also come in a can for R13.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2021 1:08 AM

What does an American egg noodle company founded by a German immigrant know about cooking Italian food?

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2021 1:17 AM

Because pasta is not Italian.

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2021 1:19 AM

Pasta was brought to Italy by Marco Polo via China. Polo ventured to China in the time of the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368) and the Chinese had been consuming noodles as early as 3000 B.C. in the Qinghai province.

Italian pasta is cultural appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2021 1:27 AM

R17 is right

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2021 1:31 AM

So do the Chinese drain their pasta? Maybe we need to ask them for the final word on the matter.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2021 1:35 AM

I just ate my dinner of Amy's vegetable lasagna. the noodles were perfect - slightly al dente. And i didn't have to drain at all!

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2021 1:37 AM

R20 is a Wallys whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2021 1:53 AM

Nope, r21 got it at my local market which is not a chain (although they do have another store about 8 miles away) - called Molsberry. They like to feature locally-produced food and Amy's headquarters/factory is in our city.

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2021 1:57 AM

I suppose you also present dirty hole, right?

I will pray for you, you dรฉclassรฉ bastard OP .

by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2021 2:22 AM

Link to one of the original threads on the drain vs. tongs controversy? I remember reading a few of the posts and like the OP I remember them centering around draining the pasta in a colander vs. lifting the pasta out of the hot water with tongs.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote]I will pray for you, you dรฉclassรฉ bastard OP .

I will pray for R23, whose anal-retentive accenting suggests he douches for hours before even considering sex, then shits dirty water all over the sheets anyway.

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2021 5:47 AM

[bold]Isn't draining in colander and lifting out with tongs pretty much the same thing?[/bold]

Why would one be better than the other? Especially because you're supposed to toss it in the sauce before serving anyway.

I've never heard this particular 'this-or-that' controversy before - nothing like rinse or don't rinse.

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2021 8:52 AM

R26, the idea is that by using tongs you retain the pasta water and can add some to the sauce, where as straining it you are dumping the oh so precious pasta water down the drain.

Hence, my strain and retain method.

Trying to pick the last bits of pasta out of the water is a massive pain in the ass. If you strain into a bowl or another pot, you make quick work of it, while retaining the pasta water for use in the sauce.

This is one of those idiotic controversies that are created by the proliferation of lazy articles on social media like - You have been eating cheese wrong your whole life, and didn't know it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2021 1:59 PM

You're not entirely wrong r3, the pasta battle spanned the spectrum from draining to straining to rinsing to tonging.

BEHOLD! The original thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2021 2:05 PM

So wait, are we supposed to be cooking pasta before we eat it?

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote] Especially because you're supposed to toss it in the sauce before serving anyway.

You do NOT toss the pasta in the sauce. The sauce goes on top of the pasta served on a plate.

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2021 5:03 PM

HuffPost say Mueller wong "For long pastas like spaghetti and fettuccine, you can just use a pair of tongs to move the cooked pasta to a saucepan."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 10, 2021 5:07 PM

^^ HuffPost is ridiculous.

Want to retain some pasta water? Use a glass liquid measuring cup, dip it into the water and the pasta is cooking or right when you turn it off. Voilaโ€”youโ€™ve saved some โ€œliquid goldโ€ starch water. And then you can dump the whole pot into a colander in the sink and not have to worry about picking out all the pasta with tongs, for fuckโ€™s sake.

So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote] dip it into the water and the pasta is cooking

as the pasta is cooking

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 7:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!