Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Sunny Came Home” by Shawn Colvin

I haven’t heard this song in YEARS, and I was on TikTok and someone had it on their video, and I literally almost fell in a trance as memories came flooding back. I forgot about this song!

I remember this song from the last 90s, when I was a kid. I used to find it pretty, but now as an adult I find it sad because I understand what she’s saying. Omg.

The 90s had some of the best female musicians, no? So many great female artists in the 90s!!!

Did you like this song?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 9:39 AM

Yes I like most of Shawn Colvin’s catalog.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2021 3:42 PM

It’s time for a few small repairs she said!!! 🔫🔪🔥

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2021 3:44 PM

That takes me back to the days of watching VH1 after school.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2021 4:09 PM

R3 me too! Hearing this brought back memories

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2021 4:14 PM

Loved this jam and this CD.

Remember when female artists were just that? They wrote songs and played instruments? Their tits weren't on full display? Now we have jello asses warbling about their wet ass pussy holes.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2021 4:18 PM

I never understood this song. She burned down a house, OK, but why?

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2021 8:16 PM

Vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2021 8:19 PM

Putting her past behind her

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2021 9:04 PM

It's a great song but my favorite Shawn Colvin songs are the lesser known ones.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 9:23 AM

Steady On.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 9:30 AM

R6

"The song tells the story of a woman named Sunny, returning to her hometown from (presumably) imprisonment or institutionalization, who burns down the homes of her enemies ("Sunny came home with a list of names") to avenge past offenses, real or imagined ("Sunny came home with a vengeance.")"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 9:32 AM

I love this song and Shawn Colvin. I definitely miss that era. So very many many female singer songwriters that I absolutely adore even still to this day.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 9:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!