Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Interracial love

Have you had an interracial relationship?

Any challenges specific to the interracial aspect? Any positives?

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2021 2:41 PM

I have.

It was the least important or discussed facet of our relationship. The positives were who he was as a man and person. No challenges at all due to pigment.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2021 8:02 AM

All my relationships have been interracial.

I’m white and I’ve dated a Latino, an Indian, another Latino, and a Black guy.

It’s weird because I don’t just search out brown guys for sex. I do find white guys more emotionally cold

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2021 11:09 PM

I’m black and my partner of 14 years is white. I’ve never been in a relationship with a non-white man, though I certainly dated a few casually before settling down. He hadn’t been in a relationship with a white guy in 20 years before we met. All of his serious BF’s before me were black or Latino. Maybe because of our prior experiences, not to mention meeting each other when we were both 40, the race difference has meant nothing. We’ve always interacted with each other as human beings, not has as black man and white man. One of the reasons I knew he was the one fairly early on was because I never got a black fetish vibe from him despite the prior dating history mentioned above. That was significant because it’s a common hazard for GBMs swimming in the GWM dating pool.

by Anonymousreply 3April 10, 2021 12:13 AM

I can't stand people who think that they know everything in the world about some race/culture/ethnicity just because they're bottoming for someone from that group. It's trashy and low class how they go on and on. Rice queens are one example.

by Anonymousreply 4April 10, 2021 12:21 AM

I dated a guy who was a different race. Turns out, he was cheating on his boyfriend.

He was really handsome, though.

by Anonymousreply 5April 10, 2021 12:22 AM

I've been transformed through many Melanin-Rich lovers...

by Anonymousreply 6April 10, 2021 1:41 AM

Sounds like R3 has a lot of self hate going on.

by Anonymousreply 7April 10, 2021 1:52 AM

No. Latinos are dumb, Asians are bitchy and Blacks are undependable.

by Anonymousreply 8April 10, 2021 3:13 AM

I'm white, and the love of my life is black, and we've been in each others' lives for over 35 years. He hasn't aged a bit, in my eyes, and he always makes me laugh, and knows how to get around my dark moods. He called me today to check in after hearing about Prince Philip's death, since he knows I follow the BRF (I don't follow them THAT closely that I'd be upset).

The important thing we have arrived at is the willingness to lay our cards on the table and discuss current news, trusting that we'll LISTEN to each other's viewpoints, and not assume either of us has a final answer. My family likes him, and I don't know his family that well after all this time (his choice).

by Anonymousreply 9April 10, 2021 4:15 AM

The love of your life CALLED you, R9? Do you two lovebirds not live together?

by Anonymousreply 10April 10, 2021 5:31 AM

It was more of a 'connection' than a relationship.

It was pitch black at the time.

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2021 5:46 AM

R10, No, we don't live together: we each own our own homes, and only joke about what it would be like to live together full-time. At this point, I'm retired, while he owns his own business, and were both accustomed to living by our own rules.

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2021 6:01 AM

I have noticed that as white men get older, many do start opening up their sexual horizons to men of colors.

I see lots of older white man/younger man of color pairings

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2021 9:31 PM

"Opening up their sexual horizons" is a nice way of describing Desperation.

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2021 9:50 PM

I’ve enjoyed the lust of older gay white men. They are often far more experienced at really making love.

call it desperation, but I call myself lucky

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2021 10:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2021 10:21 PM

Yes. I'm white and my husband is Black. We've been together 18 years this June. We fell in love immediately, and we were in our late 40s when we met. The race issue is there, but it isn't there-I don't know how else to explain it. It's a difference, and important one, but it's ultimately no difference at all.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote]He called me today to check in after hearing about Prince Philip's death

Are you a member of the British royal family, OP?

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote]Have you had an interracial relationship?

No, but I have seen "Mandingo" several times.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 1:00 AM

A "The Golden Girls" reference can be added to any thread.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 1:04 AM

R3, I am biracial and have dealt with several white fetish queens. Nothing is more of a turn off than someone yelling out ‘give me your black cock’. It’s weird. I have also had to deal with the black men I’ve seen that tell me that they aren’t usually attracted to other black men (I guess I’m light enough for them to be attracted to). Also weird. My current partner is Caucasian. He has some problematic relatives. The homophobia and racism seem to go together in the relatives.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 1:19 AM

i met a black guy that i really liked vice versa but he was in the military and so that was the deal breaker. One of two guys i have actually "snowballed" with

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 1:25 AM

My friends are a Jewish and Arab/Muslim pairing.

I always say they are the hope for peace in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 7:14 PM

Interesting pairing, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2021 9:14 PM

Hot pairing

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2021 2:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!