Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Manchin could seriously fuck up the future of this country with his stance on the filibuster

new interview he said he wouldn't vote against it even for voting rights!

What the fuck is wrong with this piece of shit?

Doesn't he realize it's in his best interest if Biden and the Democrats succeed so more people vote for them in 2022 and 2024?

Doesn't he realize if these new voter laws pass, he'll likely "lose" a very close election in West Virginia and they'll find a way to throw out just enough of his voters' votes?

I really can't stand this self-important asshole. It pisses me off to no end that he's basically deciding what happens in the senate

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 9:24 PM

He's loving the attention and power. Never relinquishing.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2021 2:49 AM

Well, he's a hot DILF.

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2021 3:02 AM

Manchin’s whole purpose is to block or hamstring any meaningful legislation and give congress back to the Republicans in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2021 5:35 AM

Call his bluff and tell him to go find 10 Republicans who would vote for anything Pelosi gets passed. He wouldn't find one!

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2021 8:30 PM

R4 his answer would be "well what the Democrats are doing is 'on the fringes' "

Manchin is publicly acting like the repubs in congress represent the mainstream view when in reality a good chunk of repub voters seem to be in favor of what Biden and the Democrats are doing

very disingenuous. Manchin is not stupid he's just an asshole and corrupt

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2021 8:34 PM

I feel as if one or two of his donors are dictating his actions. Someone needs to figure out who and publicly call then out on it. Manchin is exactly like a Republican in this regard.

by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote] Well, he's a hot DILF.

Man him? Maybe 20 years ago he was still fuckable. Not now.

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2021 8:37 PM

I hate Manchin. He is a republican at heart.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2021 9:01 PM

He's just using his power for leverage right now. It's called being a smart politician. He has never been the deciding vote against democratic legislation and he won't be now. Kyrsten Sinema is the one who I don't trust.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2021 9:04 PM

That twirling cunt is totally untrustworthy, I agree R9

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2021 9:08 PM

A single 73-year-old senator from a provincial state shouldn't be able to derail the administration's entire legislative agenda.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2021 9:09 PM

Manchin is a moderate Dem who believes that no good will come to the country if we can't figure out a way to be bi-partisan. He probably is also not too keen on helping the far left liberals of the party create a bigger tax and spend government which will ultimately bring down the entire Dem party. I don't have a problem with Joe Manchin and expect he will eventually make a smaller less budget busting deal happen.

by Anonymousreply 12April 11, 2021 9:09 PM

Something tells me that R12 only has a problem with “tax and spend” when it's the rich getting taxed.

The last administration had no problem adding over 1 trillion to the national debt on the backs of the working class.

by Anonymousreply 13April 11, 2021 9:18 PM

R13. Sure thing you get me.

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 9:21 PM

Manchin can be easily dealt with because he's been around forever and he's never changed. Biden and Schumer surely know what he's after and what it takes to get him to cave.

Kyrsten Sinema is a wild card. She's a political turn coat. She started her career as a radical Green Party member who was to the left of AOC. Then she moved to the center a little bit but was still progressive. She ran as the free spirit bisexual who swears in on the constitution and who was a champion of working people. Now she votes down a minimum wage hike with a big shit eating grin on her face and refuses to budge on the filibuster issue. She needs to be watched carefully.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 9:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!