Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things that scandalized you when you were young

DL, what made you clutch your pearls when you were a child?

I'll begin, for me it was the line "you make a dead man cum" in the song Emotional Rescue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 6:49 AM

Flowers in the Attic.

I read my sister's copy as a young gayling.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2021 1:06 AM

When Miss Abigail Crabtree lifted her skirt to climb into her phaeton and flashed her bare ankle. I gasped and turned crimson.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2021 1:26 AM

I never read the book, R1. But Louise Fletcher & Victoria Tennant in the film version of "Flowers In The Attic" terrorized me when I finally saw it around the age of ten.

Now? It's absolutely hilarious camp, and one of my favorite films. And of course, Christopher Young's haunting score is the absolute best part of the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2021 1:47 AM

The story about the guy in the band who had to go to the hospital because he had swallowed the sperm of all his bandmates. Don't remember which band it was. This was in the late '70s.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote]I'll begin, for me it was the line "you make a dead man cum" in the song Emotional Rescue.

How did you fuck up the name of the song? You linked to it correctly.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2021 2:47 AM

Seeing a man in a dress for the first time gave me nightmares for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2021 2:50 AM

God damn, Mick Jagger already looked dead in that video.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2021 3:09 AM

Barry Gibb’s white pants in the “Staying Alive” video.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2021 3:30 AM

I saw an episode of The Bozo Show where a skit revolved around Cookie accidentally ripping part of Bozo's costume. Bozo retaliated by chasing Cookie around and ripping his costume pieces off until he was down to his underwear, which Bozo also ripped off. The guy playing Cookie was wearing a nude bodysuit, but it still seemed kinda fucked up for a kids show, to strip him down to implied total nudity.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2021 3:38 AM

Vanessa Redgrave exposed her breasts in 'Blow-Up'. They were like grey, miniature lemons.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2021 3:42 AM

In my older brother's Playboy magazine, there were always mentions of Bill Cosby "in The Grotto", which suggested situations they couldn't spell out. This was back in Cosby's "I Spy" days, and I was horrified that a happily married man would go to the Playboy Mansion.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2021 3:50 AM

Seeing a bunch of breeders fucking in a movie. They looked like monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2021 4:09 AM

I was in the Eighth grade. My friend and I found out our friend Craig had smoked a cigarette .

We were SO scandalized.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 4:26 AM

Janet Jackson's floppy gross titty at the Super Bowl in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2021 4:43 AM

My neighbour's Tom of Finland books!!! 😯😲😮

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2021 4:46 AM

On the sleeping porch at the beach house in summer, hearing cats fuckiing in the dark bushes.

The treasure trails and VPL of teens and college boys. Much more scandalous than nudity which I saw all the time at the club and at school and some beaches. Scandalous because I could NOT look away from half revealed male anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2021 4:47 AM

R5 Oh. My. God. I am mortified by this mistake. I'm not sure how to explain it. But I was listening to a Rolling Stones playlist and I listened to Emotional Rescue before starting the thread.

How embarrassing. 😱😱

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 5:19 AM

When watching Sigmund and the Sea Monsters when I was a kid, I distinctly remember Johnny Whitaker setting down a bucket for Sigmund in the corner and saying something like 'This is for your dooky' or maybe doody.

It freaked me out.

Did that really happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 5:26 AM

I think in All That Jazz when the burlesque dancers are harassing dancer young Joe Gideon and make him cum in his pants and it’s considered thick and viscose even having penetrated his silk dance pants. That wasn’t like any cum I was familiar with in my teen life.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 5:48 AM

I was really young when Axl Rose performed "You Could Be Mine" from the Terminator 2 soundtrack for the VMA's. The shorts he wore were even tinier than in the pic, but this gives you an idea. His package was huge and I was staring. My mom commented on it being obscene, his package. The whole memory is cringe worthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 6:07 AM

Hearing the long version of Heart of Glass, where Debbie Harry says “pain in the ass.” It was a Xmas gift & my first real record (non-Disney) about age 7, I read the liner notes & was horrified that she was one of the co-writers, as i Idolized her (still do). I told myself one of the other songwriters put the A-word in the song & forced her to sing it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 6:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!