Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amanda Gorman Vogue cover

All the other dresses they photographed her in look fabulous but they chose this one for the cover? Time to take Miss Anna to the knackers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2021 8:36 AM

Apparently a men’s outfit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 5:10 PM

Terrible picture. Also her poetry sucks and nobody wants to read "woke" fashion magazines.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 5:12 PM

“That outfit sure is ugly.”

*finds out it’s Louis Vuitton*

“That outfit is stunning and beautiful!”

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 5:17 PM

I LOVE this cover and think she looks great

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 5:20 PM

Dr. Gorman needs her OWN Guinness Book of World Records! First EVER poet on the cover of Vogue, first EVER poet to perform at the Super Bowl, first EVER youth poet laureate. It should come packaged with her first EVER book of poems that still has not been released.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 5:21 PM

Jeez relax boys. It’s a bit obvious if you all go in at once.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 5:33 PM

This just seems like pandering to the nth degree. And it’s obvious she’s no model or has even the basic understanding of what she should be doing with her body.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 6:01 PM

Yes R7 because everyone know that US Vogue always picks models for the cover. Pfffft

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 6:24 PM

At least she's pretty and not fat. And not a daughter of a reality TV personality.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 6:32 PM

It looks like the shot they took before correcting the lighting.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 6:40 PM

R2 is a Right wing moron. Only they use “woke.”

Amanda is cute.I like the pic.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote]Also her poetry sucks and nobody wants to read "woke" fashion magazines.

You are right about that.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 6:58 PM

^^ lol

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 6:59 PM

She looks fine other than the pose. It’s unflattering. Like she is taking a high fashion dump.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 7:01 PM

She looks beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 7:05 PM

The splash of green works for me, but then I love green. I think it's a striking cover, especially compared to Lens Dunham's recent fashion debut.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 7:05 PM

Why is no one talking about how rigid and utterly uncomfortable she looks? They couldn’t send her to modeling boot camp for a few hours? I was going to say something on Twitter, but everyone’s comments were so nice and a few month ago I questioned Alicia Keyes musical relevancy in 2021 and Black Twitter ate me for dinner for three weeks. Regardless of her race, she is not model material, but she does make that Kamal niece look like Cindy Crawford by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 6:37 AM

AFRIKAAAAAAAA!

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 9:56 AM

Poetry... Combined with glam-photo-shoots... Why do I think those two elements clash...?

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 9:59 AM

They know damn well that if anyone other than a black woman wore that fabric, they’d be excoriated for cultural appropriation.

Cute.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 10:03 AM

The last pic looks like she's wafting out a fart.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 10:05 AM

Lulu Nyong’o 2.0

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2021 6:05 AM

Great looking girl and that's the best they could do? And her comment on insta reads like the World's Biggest Frau Mug Platitude:

"The first poet ever on the cover of @voguemagazine . I am eternally grateful & do not expect to be the last—for what is poetry if not beauty? What a joy to do this cover while wearing a piece designed by groundbreaking Black designer @virgilabloh that honors my heritage. It was a dream to be photographed by the indomitable @annieleibovitz & styled by @gabriellak_j who literally would carry me on her back & forth between set. Wow, my hands are shaking with love. This is called the Rise of Amanda Gorman, but it is truly for all of you, both named and unseen, who lift me up".

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2021 6:38 AM

I like her. She has a level of poise missing from 99% of peers within her age group.

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2021 6:43 AM

Wasn't that Whoopi's Oscar* host dress?

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2021 6:45 AM

Is she the child of immigrants? That would explain the poise r24 is talking about.

The belt in the cover photo looks like the kind of thing pro wrestlers win in their championships.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2021 8:36 AM

She’s no Maya Angelou.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2021 8:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!