Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hundreds of Transgender California Inmates Request Transfers to Women’s Prisons

The California prison system has received 261 applications since January 1 from transgender, intersex, or non-binary inmates to transfer to facilities that match their preferred gender identity, the Los Angeles Times reported on Monday.

The requests were filed after a state law came into effect allowing transgender inmates to transfer to different prisons. Around 1 percent of prisoners in California, 1,129 inmates in total, have notified the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation that they are transgender, intersex, or non-binary.

The transfers have been welcomed by transgender women who reported suffering sexual violence while incarcerated at men’s prisons. However, inmates at Central California Women’s Facility in Chowchilla told the Times that staff have warned them of potential sexual violence from men who may try to take advantage of the transfer system.

Guards said “that if we think it’s bad now, be prepared for the worst. That it’s going to be off the hook, it’s going to be jumping,” inmate Tomiekia Johnson told the Times. “They say we’re going to need a facility that’s going to be like a maternity ward. They say we’re going to have an inmate program where inmates become nannies.”

Nina McQueen, a transgender woman and inmate at Mule Creek , said she had helped prison staff identify male inmates who attempted to transfer to women’s facilities by pretending to be transgender.

“They wanted me in a confidential setting to tell them who is transgender and who is not, so they can block some of these guys from going to the women’s prison,” McQueen said. “I told him I don’t have a problem with it….We feel they’re climbing our backs.”

The California initiative to consider transfer requests from transgender inmates was passed in part to align the state with the federal Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003. The law requires prison agencies to decide on a case-by-case basis whether to transfer inmates based on their sexual or gender identity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2021 11:55 PM

I predict every straight man in the Ca prison system is going to claim they identify as whatever-it-takes to get into women's prisons (and to the promised land of wet poo-say.)

Seriously, those legislators didn't think that would happen? Dumbasses!

This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 3:37 PM

You reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 3:40 PM

LITTORAL VIOLINS

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 3:41 PM

You can't 'claim' to be Intersex - it's a physically verifiable condition (or rather conditions).

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 3:42 PM

Excellent, R3!

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 3:47 PM

Well, hopefully this will force some standards over what can be defined as transgender. Throwing on a dress and a slap of lipstick shouldn't be a qualifier.

Or they can create their own cell block - that's probably the best solution. I believe they've had that at Riker's Island for years.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 3:50 PM

And we all know how this will end....

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 3:54 PM

LOL mass incarcerated trolling.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 3:55 PM

What about the human rights of incarcerated women?

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 3:58 PM

This was the issue that made me jump on the TERF Bandwagon.

When absolute self ID was being taken through the British Parliament by stealth feminists started asking what would happen with prisons and the trans campaigners responded with WHY ARE YOU ACCUSING ALL TRANS WOMEN OF BEING SEXUAL PREDATORS and shouting TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN rather than addressing the issue and the potential issues.

Then the "Karen White" case happened and it proved the point. The details are still not clear - there are some claims that one of the women raped by serial rapist White suffered internal injuries that needed hospital treatment - but White or whatever he calls himself will now be kept in a men's prison.

There was also a case recently about a trans man (born female) who had sexually attacked someone (possibly a child) and was being kept in a women's prison - again, the right decision.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 3:58 PM

Like shooting fish in a barrel

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 4:04 PM

Literal violence. Oh I can't wait!!!

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 4:18 PM

This volume means it's easy to solve the situation. But the 1,129 trans inmates in their own quarters with each other.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 4:30 PM

I agree with R6 - it should be something like only fully transitioned people i.e. no longer have their dick. That'd soon separate the wheat from the chaff. And if that's 'unfair', well, they want to be women and that's how women are separated.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 5:07 PM

While there are plenty of sincerely trans women in prison, any man can put on a frock and lipstick and proclaim “I’m a woman”. I hope the prison system is implementing some sort of screening before transferring these people.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 5:20 PM

Stunning and brave!

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 5:24 PM

TRANS 👏🏾 WOMEN 👏🏾 RAPISTS 👏🏾 ARE 👏🏾 WOMEN 👏🏾 RAPISTS

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 5:25 PM

What I don't get is, when transgender prisoners with a history of sexual assaults or personal crimes against women are transferred to women's prison... why aren't they segregated from the general population?

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 6:32 PM

I’m sorry so you’re blaming potential straight men lying and gaming a system on transgender people? Even tho the ones causing the (potentially nonexistent) problem you’re complaining about aren’t really transgender?

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]CCWF, VSPW and CIW have a combined capacity of 5010. There are currently 8268 prisoners being held in these three facilities, putting their combined occupation at 161% of design capacity. (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation data).

So women's prisons in California are already way over capacity, and now they're going to put a load of ejaculators in there.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Clearly Trans women don’t belong in mens prisons with the long history of rape behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 6:47 PM

[quote]I’m sorry so you’re blaming potential straight men lying and gaming a system on transgender people? Even tho the ones causing the (potentially nonexistent) problem you’re complaining about aren’t really transgender?

YES YES YES YES YES

Men who take pleasure in abusing women (like "Karen White") will manipulate rules on self ID and attempt to move from a men's prison to a women's prison, a place where vulnerable women are in great supply. That's the problem with self ID with NO restrictions.

Because TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN PERIOD it's transphobic to differentiate between 1. trans women who have a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, have started medical treatment and had surgeries and 2. trans women with beards, hairy chests, permanent erections and who maybe have an ear pierced.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 6:47 PM

This is gonna turn out well. s/

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 6:47 PM

R22 so you agree, the problem is with lying straight men, rather than trans people. Because the way this thread is framed one would almost think that everyone is blaming trans people for the behaviour of non trans people! Which would be crazy.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote][R22] so you agree, the problem is with lying straight men, rather than trans people. Because the way this thread is framed one would almost think that everyone is blaming trans people for the behaviour of non trans people! Which would be crazy.

Fuck off with your fake concern.

As the article says, non binary people can now apply to be transferred to a women's prison.

So it's not a question of men's prisons and women's prisons, it's a question of prisons for men and prisons for anyone who isn't a man.

But while you're here, read this article about Karen White and share your thoughts on whether he should be put into a men's prison or a prison with vulnerable women, the majority of which have not committed a violent offence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] the majority of which

First of all women aren’t objects you don’t use ‘which’ to describe them, great starting point if you’re pretending that your interest in this story is about protecting women.

I believe one of the political aims of the transgender movement is to abolish women’s prisons, so I’m not going to enter a discussion on whether or not that person should be placed into a women’s prison and whether or not that is ‘correct’ because I agree with that political aim and don’t believe in prison for women.

Your problem is with men that are lying about being trans when they’re not trans, not trans people, don’t confuse yourself.

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote]Even tho the ones causing the (potentially nonexistent) problem you’re complaining about aren’t really transgender?

Oh? Do tell us who determines, and based on what criteria, whether someone is "really" transgender. Trans and their supporters demand self-ID while duplicitously refusing to acknowledge the very real and dangerous loopholes self-ID creates. You can't have it both ways, moron.

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 7:23 PM

Hundreds?

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 7:25 PM

R27 we can go round and round on this but your problem is with cis / straight men exploiting trans people not trans people sorry.

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote]I believe [bold]one of the political aims of the transgender movement is to abolish women’s prisons[/bold], so I’m not going to enter a discussion on whether or not that person should be placed into a women’s prison and whether or not that is ‘correct’ because [bold]I agree with that political aim and don’t believe in prison for women.[/bold]

Why abolish women’s prisons? Facilities are separate for a reason, the idea of co-ed prisons is a disaster waiting to happen and would probably end up costing tax payers even more. I imagine prisons would need their own obstetrics departments.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2021 7:47 PM

Nobody’s shocked by “hundreds”?

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2021 7:48 PM

The easiest/best solution is for people like this (who undoubtedly are under terrifying risks, (deaths, rapes, or severe beatings) in the male prisons every day of their lives), should be housed in a separate facility. If there are 1100 total, that would be a sufficient number to justify opening up a block or ward just for them.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 7:49 PM

Whoops, I misread the article. Only 261 out of the total of 1100 who have self-identified as non-binary have requested this change.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2021 7:51 PM

I’ll bet there are ZERO ftm trying to get in the men’s prison.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2021 8:10 PM

Oh no R34.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote][R27] we can go round and round on this but your problem is with cis / straight men exploiting trans people not trans people sorry.

The circular logic is incredible.

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2021 8:17 PM

This trans man was SHOCKED AND APPALLED by the transphobic attitude of the women he was locked up with but didn't make the case for his transfer to a men's prison.

And nowhere does it say what his crime was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2021 8:25 PM

R30 you misunderstand me. No women’s prisons - I don’t mean co-ed. I mean not placing women in prisons. It’s a bit radical sure but there’s a lot of material out there about how useless women’s prisons are, for general society and the women held in them.

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2021 8:38 PM

A woman was raped by a transgender inmate in Illinois...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2021 8:40 PM

That transgender inmate was in prison for shooting two people, they strangled one of their previous cellmates to death. How do you rationalize sending someone like that to a women’s prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2021 8:41 PM

You're contradicting yourself, OP. You claim that this is just trans people.....but then say it includes intersex people, non-binary, etc

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2021 8:43 PM

How do you rationalize keeping any woman in any prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2021 8:43 PM

R40, you think bio females have never killed anyone?

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2021 8:43 PM

“Hundreds” should be questionable. Clearly these are men who are pulling a fast one in order to get women.

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2021 8:45 PM

First, everyone’s “innocent” in prison; now everyone’s a “woman”.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote]you think bio females have never killed anyone?

I have never heard of a female inmate strangling her cellmate to death.

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote]No women’s prisons - I don’t mean co-ed. I mean not placing women in prisons.

Then every single man in male prisons is going to claim he's a woman -- and under current trans ideology, that claim can't be questioned.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2021 8:57 PM

Countdown to Ooze coming into this thread and posting that we’re not allowed to talk about this...

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2021 8:59 PM

I don't even think California would do that.

Best thing to do is have a transgender unit in one of the prisons.

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2021 9:03 PM

You should only be allowed to transfer once you’ve completely transitioned, i.e., have had sex reassignment surgery. This is almost the only way to prevent the deranged from pretending to be trans to get at “fresh meat.”

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2021 9:04 PM

[quote]How do you rationalize keeping any woman in any prison?

We have prisons for several reasons. Depriving someone of their liberty works as a punishment for a crime and as a deterrent for others thinking about committing a crime. Prison SHOULD rehabilitate people and perhaps most importantly prison is essential to protect the public.

A lot of women in prison are vulnerable and victims of abuse and prison doesn't help them or society, but there are women who deserve to be deprived of their liberty as a punishment for their crimes. I'd put women involved the Capitol insurrection attack into that category.

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote] Best thing to do is have a transgender unit in one of the prisons.

R49 I initially started writing this but didn’t want to be accused of being anti-trans, which I am not, but I agree.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2021 9:06 PM

Trans only = anti-trans?

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2021 9:07 PM

R53 Honey, it gets that insanely minute.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2021 9:09 PM

R48 I think you just blue yourself.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote] Then every single man in male prisons is going to claim he's a woman

You’re doing that thing again where you blame trans people for the lies of straight men. Focus your anger to the correct group pls.

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]You’re doing that thing again where you blame trans people for the lies of straight men. Focus your anger to the correct group pls.

What criteria would you use to differentiate between authentic trans women and manipulative men who are pretending to be trans to get access to women?

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2021 9:19 PM

Is there an opening for a Prison Warden?

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2021 9:22 PM

This will end in tears (as will this thread)....

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2021 9:25 PM

Biden so royally fucked up with this. He really acted like an asshole and Dems needed to call him on it.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2021 9:25 PM

Clitoral Violence!

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2021 9:26 PM

This is why Catlyn should be governor. She'd speed up the approval of these requests and get rid of the backlog.

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]Clitoral Violence!

WERK!

by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote]You should only be allowed to transfer once you’ve completely transitioned, i.e., have had sex reassignment surgery.

Imagine none of the 261 inmates who requested transfer have had SRS, or imagine just half haven’t transitioned yet, who do you think is going to pay for it?

[quote]costs between $15,000 and $25,000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2021 9:33 PM

R64 it costs $81,000 to keep a prisoner in prison for a year, let’s say they’re in for five years then the $20,000 on top of that only comes out at an extra 5% total cost. You know, maybe if the prison population was lower then the cost would be lower, since you’re so concerned about costs you must be concerned about the overpopulation of the prison system in the US no?

by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2021 9:39 PM

Yes, I am, R65, but overpopulation not the topic of this thread.

The inmate mentioned in the article at R64 is serving a life sentence.

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2021 9:47 PM

No more gender. All inmates together regardless of their gender or lack there of!

by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2021 9:53 PM

This is Caitly Jenner's base.

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2021 9:57 PM

R66 so what’s $15k compared to the $2m it will take to keep this person in prison for the rest of their lives? What a misuse of funds wow.

This should be the takeaway from these threads - the over-incarceration of people in this country purely for money making prison contract purposes. And they have you distracted arguing over the couple of hundred trans inmates wanting to be housed properly.

by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2021 10:02 PM

Thanks R63!

by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2021 10:10 PM

[quote] I agree with [R6] - it should be something like only fully transitioned people i.e. no longer have their dick.

These people are still male. Just because they got cosmetic surgery doesn’t change that.

There was a case of a transwoman inmate who had got SRS (after a botched castration), was transferred to a women’s prison, and still sexually and physically assaulted the women inmates, just with his hands and objects.

Men do not belong in female prisons.

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2021 10:11 PM

R56

We are. Trans demanded this; they're getting it. They are responsible.

Also, "real" trans are as violent as other men. So, straight men "faking" is irrelevant. Trans women are men.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote] You’re doing that thing again where you blame trans people for the lies of straight men.

Oh fuck off with the logical fallacies.

by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2021 10:44 PM

Wouldn't they get more dick in the men's prison? I mean, duh.

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2021 11:03 PM

Hundreds is enough to put them in their own wing of some centralized prison in California.

They can form their own sports leagues too.

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2021 11:07 PM

This seems to only go in one direction. I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 76April 7, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote] This seems to only go in one direction. I wonder why.

On balance, men commit crimes at a much higher rate than women do. Therefore, you would expect the number of trans "men" currently in women's prisons to be much higher than the number of trans "women" in men's prisons. Yet, strangely, it seems to be the other way round - it's almost exclusively trans "women" who are requesting transfers. How very, very mysterious...

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2021 2:26 PM

give trannies their own prisons

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2021 2:48 PM

Nikki Wade wouldn’t stand for this. No woman should.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2021 2:48 PM

That's by far the most sensible option, R78 (although I suspect requests for transfers would dwindle significantly if they realised they were only going to be imprisoned with one another, not with actual women)

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2021 3:10 PM

Trans Prisons.

Trans Restrooms.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2021 3:55 PM

Are we really too poor a country to give everyone a private bathroom to go to? Doesn't have to be large. Convert the big ones to singles with locks on doors - add more if needed. At least, wherever possible.

It's really rather disgusting to have to do your business communally.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2021 5:16 PM

So they hired a man pretending to be a woman to weed out men pretending to be women?

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2021 11:48 PM

Truthfully R81, I don’t think that’s smart. Because the reality is there are 10 trans people that exist in this entire world. Not thousands and thousands you read about. These people aren’t trans. These people are attention seeking, gay but don’t want to be, mentally ill, etc. Trans only places is not a good use of money. By 2030, all these “trans” and “queers” will have dwindled dramatically.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2021 11:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!