Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Everyone Just Knows He's an Absolute Monster": Scott Rudin's Ex-Staffers Speak Out on Abusive Behavior

Even as other Hollywood bullies are being sidelined, the uber-producer behind 'The Social Network' and Broadway’s 'To  Kill a Mockingbird' has been given a pass for his volcanic temper. Now, former employees open up about a boss who left many traumatized: "It was a new level of unhinged."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2021 9:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 2:58 PM

People don’t understand the aggressive, dominant force needed in the entertainment BUSINESS to produce a multi million $ movie, be profitable and all the risk involved. Successful executives and artist will failure miserably being Mr Nice Guy.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 3:01 PM

Wow! Psychopath extraordinaire!!!

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 3:23 PM

lol, R2. ok

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 3:24 PM

Is it progress for us that the article doesn't mention that he's gay? It wasn't long ago that the headline would have read "Gay Hollywood Hotshot Beats Underlings" or something along those lines. Yay us?

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 3:26 PM

I was in an elevator with him and a director of a play he was producing. Knowing his reputation, I was terrified.

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 3:48 PM

I would have kicked the crap out of him if he tried anything. I’m sure I’m scarier than he could ever dream of being.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 6:37 PM

I used to work at a video store in Hollywood, and people from his production company came in and were absolutely horrible. Obviously, they learned it from the master. I met someone not from that team who said working for him would be worse than working for Leona Helmsley. I noticed that there were constant changeovers in the staff that would come in to pick up videos, and they often seemed either very nervous or purposely aggressive. The ones that lasted more than a few months were absolutely wretched.

I have tickets for "The Music Man", and while I could cancel based on principal, that this is a show I have to see regardless of who's producing it. I saw "Finding Neverland", produced by Harvey Weinstein, twice, and fortunately didn't have to pay the same ticket price that "The Music Man" tickets were. Just because someone who is dispicable is behind an expensive production doesn't me feel that I have to avoid it. I saw Rudin's revival of "Dolly" three times, and each time I felt a huge sense of joy. I'm sure my next visit to River City will be the same.

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 10:40 PM

GASP!

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2021 12:20 AM

One recent Rudin assistant says the mercurial producer threw a baked potato at his head in 2018 for not knowing why someone from indie distributor A24 was in the lobby.

amateur

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2021 9:06 AM

R2, your not exactly going into battle with IS. You're just making a movie or staging a play.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2021 9:41 AM

^ you're

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2021 9:42 AM

R8 Enabler. Like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2021 9:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!