Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oprah and White People

I’ve always had a sneaking suspicion that Oprah Winfrey has a problem with white people. Just a feeling that I get from her, a vibe. What do you say you Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2021 4:04 PM

They jumped on her couch.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2021 12:40 AM

I would assume all Black people have some issues with white people—and they should.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2021 12:41 AM

Is that why she unleashed Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz on society?

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 12:41 AM

Ish.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 12:41 AM

Old white men have a problem with successful black women. OP proves it

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 12:48 AM

She was raised in racist America, she's Black and she's in her 60's.

You know she was raised in the South and lived under Jim Crow, right? Or are you as stupid as you type, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 12:48 AM

I think the question is ridiculous. She has been very generous to all kinds of people.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 12:49 AM

What???? It's more like certain white people have a problem with her $$$$$

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote]I would assume all Black people have some issues with white people—and they should.

I liked how you capitalized “black” but not “white”. I just find it cute when people do that. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 12:50 AM

I wonder if OP types black, but not like THOSE black people.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 12:51 AM

Well, she cried and became incredibly emotional when her staff surprised her with an appearance by Mary Tyler Moore, so she adored Mary.

She chose Jonathan Demme to direct Beloved.

She went on a date with Roger Ebert.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2021 12:53 AM

The Obamas have the same problem with white people too.

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 12:54 AM

I have a problem with blue people. Little ones.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 12:56 AM

Oprah is incredibly good at what she does. Her real friends are not Tom Cruise or John Travolta or Ellen. Not even Megs and Harry. Not Diane Sawyer or Mary Tyler Moore or all the other white people who were some of her favorite. Celebrities. Guests. They were invited to the ball, not for luncheon at home.

Not her friends. Oprah remains quite neutral. She supports her own and those she admires. She really is quite a remarkable interviewer, because she can honestly admire talent and strengths, without ever letting on she doesn't like the person. Oprah thinks that Streisand is rediculous and missing a chip, but she appreciates her talent and position. (publically) Oprah was not impressed with the behavior of Jennifer Hudson, for example. (it's a long story) But that did not stop her from helping her win an Oscar or supporting her during her tragic family murders. Or crying when JHud sang at her Kennedy Center Tribute. Oprah would prefer Fantasia though.

Oprah does LOVE Dolly Parton and Julia Roberts. As people and friends. For real. And she loved John Tesch, biblically.

Oprah is a competent and most accomplished woman. Brilliant at business and rich beyond measure. She relaxes with who she likes. Folks.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2021 12:58 AM

Who the fuck would have gone on a date with Roger Ebert?

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 1:02 AM

R14 Thanks for the insight, Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 1:06 AM

Please...she panders to white folks to a fault. I believe that her issues are with men of color.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 1:08 AM

Oh.... This is about her interviewing Meghan and Harry....

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 1:10 AM

Oprah's audience and fanbase is primarily white. She knows where her bread, I mean cauliflower, is buttered.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 1:13 AM

You're welcome R16.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 1:17 AM

I suspect OP has a problem with black people

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 1:20 AM

My dad was African American and born in 1941 in the segregated south (he passed a few years ago). It was a fucking nightmare. He always distrusted white people, and I can’t say that I blamed him. His great grandfather was born a slave. He attended segregated schools, and couldn’t go into the white part of town. He got sent to Vietnam with his other high school friends, and 90% of them didn’t come home. He equated the gay rights movement with the civil rights movement for black people. He attended pride with me in Minneapolis in the early 2000’s. Older black people have a reason to distrust white people.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 1:23 AM

Oprah vs White People? I’m Team Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote]And she loved John Tesch, biblically

Ew!

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 1:27 AM

I think Oprah hates anyone that gets between her and making money.

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 1:29 AM

And anyone who gets between her and her bread, R25

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 1:31 AM

Elia Kazan in his autobio writes that Ethel Waters after a few drinks said to him at a party that she didn't trust any fucking white man. He said to her 'Not even me?' 'No, not even you.'

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 1:31 AM

I really don’t care what that fat cunt thinks. She is as phony as they come.

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 1:32 AM

R27 Who'd trust Kazan after he snitched, though?

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 1:33 AM

R14, I recently read that she was once involved with John Tesh and it's my favorite Oprah fact. I discovered that man's voice through the radio--so comforting! You mostly have it right though. You forgot Harvey Weinstein on that list though.....

As Chris Rock famously said, "If Bill Gates woke up tomorrow with Oprah's money, he would jump out the window and slit his throat on the way down!"

w&w R1!

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2021 1:48 AM

I love your post R22. Good for your dad to support your struggle too. You say a lot about him in a few sentences. You must miss him.❤️

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2021 1:48 AM

Crazy white bitch told me to paint her microphone white or she wouldn't sing. I can't make up this shit.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 1:57 AM

Oprah? I’m not sure. Meena Harris - absafuckingloutley.

by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2021 2:06 AM

I can stand her, so obviously it goes both ways. And I'm absolutely fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2021 2:18 AM

Roger Ebert married a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2021 2:21 AM

Nope!

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2021 2:22 AM

I’ve always had a sneaking suspicion that OP has a problem with Black people.

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2021 2:35 AM

R5 Op here. My insurance agent is a very successful black woman snd I shared office space for a while with done very intelligent snd successful black woman. Oh, snd I used to work for an incredible black woman who was my friend snd mentor. So duck you R5 and I still think Oprah doesn’t like while folk.

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2021 2:40 AM

Oprah is 100% ambition. I don't think she likes anybody - white or black. Everybody is just a means to an end for her.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2021 2:41 AM

Opposite. I think she loves white people (Julia Roberts etc.)

It's her own black people she doesn't seem to care for too much.

Look how light skinned Steadman is.

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2021 2:45 AM

I don’t care if people like black people or white people or whatever. Just treat everyone with respect.

There was a black woman on her cell phone at CVS today. She was all worked up about the people “up here” (Upper East Side) who have entitlement issues and they talk down to her. Well, I know exactly who she’s talking about and I dislike them, too. I wanted to go up to her and tell her that, and to say that they do it to other white people, and it’s not just because she’s black. (Although some of them probably have that motivation.)

But I am a prosperous-looking white middle-aged person from “up here” and she’d probably think I was crazy. If a black person told me “hey, we’re not all like that guy over there”, I’d say “I know. You don’t have to say that.”

Oprah is probably nice to the people who count, no matter what color they are. She’s smart.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2021 2:48 AM

R9. That is the current practice in scholarly and journalistic writing. If I made the rules both would be uncapitslized.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2021 2:49 AM

This could be Oprah's manifesto too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2021 2:53 AM

[quote]Just treat everyone with respect.

[quote]There was a black woman on her cell phone at CVS today. She was all worked up about the people “up here” (Upper East Side) who have entitlement issues and they talk down to her. Well, I know exactly who she’s talking about and I dislike them, too.

But you couldn’t have told her to please take her loud phone call outside? You know...for the sake of respect. 😉

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2021 2:53 AM

[quote]Oprah was not impressed with the behavior of Jennifer Hudson, for example. (it's a long story) But that did not stop her from helping her win an Oscar or supporting her during her tragic family murders

Hudson won the Oscar BEFORE the defying Oprah incident.

For those who don't know. Hudson arrived in Chicago did a rehersal for the next day's show then flew to Texas or someplace to sing. Her plane was late getting back the next day so Oprah had a studio audience in line with no guest for the show. (this was when she was doing a behind the scenes thing on OWN)

Oprah went out and explained the situation and her staff tried to keep the people occupied. When Hudson finally arrived she had to go into Oprah's office for a lecture (which they didn't show.)

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2021 2:54 AM

Oh and she lied to Oprah about leaving Chicago that night.

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2021 2:54 AM

Op again. One of my close friends married a black won an, I was in the wedding party. The brides mother even asked me to sleep with her, of course she was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2021 3:19 AM

r11 did not know that about Roger Ebert, he had a type.

I want to know what the deal is with her relationships with Gal and Stedman?

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2021 3:24 AM

I am mixed race, look mostly white, and as it is America, I have a problem with white people.

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2021 3:35 AM

Like many of you on DL, I sometimes find her insufferable. Many years ago, she did an interview, she basically said for the racism to stop, the racists had to die...at the time I thought that was extreme, but 10 years later, I came to the conclusion that she was right, just to clarify, she was not advocating that people should go out and hunt down the racists and kill them, but there was no other solutions, only when the racists die, their racism die with them, and I totally agree with that now.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2021 3:47 AM

R1 with their shoes ON!

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2021 3:47 AM

She is definitely anti-white. I remember years ago it was revealed she would not let a white person edit one of her books.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2021 3:48 AM

[quote] She went on a date with Roger Ebert.

Does Roger Ebert only date fat black women?

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2021 4:21 AM

Oprah says, “You white people (you people) going down!” “I only lob softballs in my interviews.” “After I script and rehearse them.”

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2021 4:25 AM

His wife was black, R53. He was ahead of his time.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2021 4:25 AM

So what if his wife was black? What's wrong with you people? And Oprah does not only lob softballs. What she doesn't do is add judgement to her interviews. She's a great journalist when she wants to be.

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2021 4:29 AM

Oprah can be tough. She asked Julia Roberts about the Aloe Vera thing. (I'm sure they had discussed it before and Roberts had a planned answer ready.)

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2021 4:35 AM

I remember when Eddie Murphy was on her show years ago. She asked would you marry a white woman.

And he responded with a look of disgust– as though he were forced to eat foul-smelling, maggot-ridden offal.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2021 4:38 AM

OP shared an office with a black woman?! You're a regular John Lewis. You should be celebrated and taught in history books.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2021 4:38 AM

OP is one of the stealth fascists that never left after the election. OP, you have no idea WTF you’re talking about. Oprah is practically an Oreo and is very assimilated. She is seen as a “sell out” by most working class, marginally educated, unassimilated, and poor Black folk. Don’t you remember when Fifty Cent labeled her as much a few years back? Her staff is mostly White, as are most of her friends. OP, all of your hand wringing, and pathetic posts after getting called out for the inherent racism in your “question” offer ample evidence of your clueless bias.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2021 4:44 AM

R50, that line of thinking is now outdated. The current party line is that all white people are racists, like original sin. It's no longer a question of old, Jim-Crow-style racists dying off. I wonder if Oprah believes in the new anti-racism.

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2021 5:06 AM

White people don't care about black people or what they think of them.

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2021 7:09 AM

Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2021 7:45 AM

When she comes out of the closet maybe I'll take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2021 7:56 AM

^ She's not coming out, she's old, rich and powerful, she has developed some weird hybrid relationship between her, Gayle and Stedman. They seem to be at peace with the relationship and really don't care what other people make of it. That's the one very cool thing about getting older, other people's opinion on who they think you are really, REALLY doesn't matter and that's a really comfortable place to be

In other words she don't owe you an explanation on who she is and you ain't getting one

by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2021 8:09 AM

Spot on R65!

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2021 8:59 AM

[quote]She is seen as a “sell out” by most working class, marginally educated, unassimilated, and poor Black folk.

No, she isn't. By some, possibly but she most certainly is not by most.

[quote]Don’t you remember when Fifty Cent labeled her as much a few years back?

Fifty Cent? Who hasn't put out an album in years and fucked Chelsea Handler?

Absolutely no one cares what he thinks.

[quote]I remember when Eddie Murphy was on her show years ago. She asked would you marry a white woman.

It was 1987 and decades later he has been with a white woman for years and has children with her.

People change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2021 9:12 AM

Oprah, like all blacks, don't feel they're fully equal with whites, and for good reason of course. We have to level the playing field and fully embrace them as our equals. The way they've been treated is despicable. Oprah is no different. I think she realizes that her billions tend to separate her further from what nearly all other blacks experience.

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2021 9:36 AM

I doubt that Oprah has problems with whites. She is so wealthy that at this point it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2021 10:09 AM

Op here again. I also have a black maid and we almost always get along. She’s a very well spoken girl, a true credit to her race. She even makes a point to clean my toothbrush.

by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2021 10:19 AM

Even with all her success, Oprah probably still encounters a fair amount of racism, so she probably understands the perspective of someone like Meghan Markle, regardless of what she actually thinks of Megs as a person. I'm guessing that Oprah doesn't have a problem with white people, but also realizes that pervasive racism exists even in exclusive circles, whether people want to acknowledge it or not. As far as the Harkles go, I'm guessing her support of them has more to do with Diana than those two

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2021 10:36 AM

R70 trolling. F&F the racist.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2021 11:07 AM

R72, I was trolling the Op, you tool.

by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2021 11:14 AM

R70...She might be using eau de toilette to clean the toothbrush.

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2021 12:21 PM

R14, details...what drama?

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2021 12:25 PM

r14 sounds like you've spent time enough time around her to know what she is like.

by Anonymousreply 76April 7, 2021 12:32 PM

So OP is saying at r38 that some of her best friends are Black. . .

by Anonymousreply 77April 7, 2021 12:37 PM

I’ve always gotten the impression Oprah isn’t much of a people person. Period. Black or white. She always seems a little distant.

by Anonymousreply 78April 7, 2021 12:43 PM

Are you for REAL, R70 (Op)??!! Fuck off!!

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2021 12:43 PM

[quote]Oprah is probably nice to the people who count, no matter what color they are. She’s smart.

I've posted this on every Oprah thread that I've seen here at DL, I worked with Oprah for months on a project, the people she likes best are those who do not try to suck up or impress her. She does not like everybody, some people she just doesn't want to deal with and sometimes it was hard to see why. She is naturally generous. She loves to shop and give gifts, this is a real and natural part of her personality. She is basically like a regular person with likes and dislikes who has had a spectacular life and made lots of money.

But go ahead and keep projecting your bullshit on her even though some of us come here and tell you the truth that we have had a chance to observe.

by Anonymousreply 80April 7, 2021 12:44 PM

My stepson is half black AND we live in the South. I’ve seen how he is treated and perceived vs. his white siblings and friends. It does seem to be getting a little better, but not enough. Oprah was right, the only way it’ll change will be when the racists die off.

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2021 12:50 PM

Thank you, R80. That’s the aura I’ve always gotten from and about her. I am disappointed, though, that she participated in the MM and Harry “”interview.” She did not follow up on any of their answers, and the whole mess came across as a coldly calculated hit job on the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 82April 7, 2021 12:52 PM

R2 = The Usual Racist.

People who do not use care in picking their enemies create enemies who don't exist. It's as corrupt as any bigotry.

That applies to all of us.

Of COURSE Oprah is a bigot. Consider the "Oprah in Paris" event, which didn't even involve those bad racist whites she's played like suckers for decades. She got rich from white people she loathes.

by Anonymousreply 83April 7, 2021 12:54 PM

I could sure use anew car.

by Anonymousreply 84April 7, 2021 12:57 PM

But you'll bee getting these instead, R84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 7, 2021 1:03 PM

@r84, but she gives out Volkswagens and they suck

by Anonymousreply 86April 7, 2021 1:05 PM

She’s an intelligent person and intelligent people don’t treat skin color as the defining characteristic of a person. She’s had a long career in entertainment and publishing. I’m sure there are white people in both fields she dislikes, others she loves, others she likes and still others she’s neutral towards....you know, they way life works? I’m sure there are also black people she likes/loves/dislikes/is neutral towards. This new obsession with skin color is tragic. All of the hard work of MLK undone in a matter of decades...

by Anonymousreply 87April 7, 2021 1:09 PM

🚘 A Volkswagen beats the hell out of a pair of worn out sandals.

by Anonymousreply 88April 7, 2021 1:10 PM

R87 is a rare bird here on DL. Centered.

by Anonymousreply 89April 7, 2021 1:20 PM

I think it's interesting that the Obamas have kept their distance from her. After Oprah's OTT interview with the Harkles, Michelle notably didn't endorse Meghan Markle's version of life, even getting the dig in about how family is so important while Markle's feuding with her family - both sides - and now her in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 90April 7, 2021 3:28 PM

Thank you R89. I was only recently (and bizarrely) accused on another thread of being an “Asian loving racist.”

by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2021 3:50 PM

The word “racist” has been drained of all of its meaning now, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92April 7, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote]I think it's interesting that the Obamas have kept their distance from her. After Oprah's OTT interview with the Harkles, Michelle notably didn't endorse Meghan Markle's version of life, even getting the dig in about how family is so important while Markle's feuding with her family - both sides - and now her in-laws.

Please don’t turn this into a Harry and Meghan hate thread. The subject is Oprah and her interactions with white people. Drooling your anti-MM saliva all over it detracts from the subject.

by Anonymousreply 93April 7, 2021 4:30 PM

R93 aka The Hall Monitor.

by Anonymousreply 94April 7, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote] After Oprah's OTT interview with the Harkles, Michelle Obama notably didn't endorse Meghan Markle's version of life

As a former president, Barack still has access to a lot of classified government info. I suspect the Obama's know a lot about the Harkles' personal affairs that isn't widely known. Perhaps enough to make them want to keep their distance.

If only Bill Clinton had paid attention to the Epstein warnings that almost certainly crossed his desk.

by Anonymousreply 95April 7, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote]aka The Hall Monitor.

Supporting R94. You people have no self control. If someone opens up a little crack and breathes the word "Meghan" you loons all quickly overrun the thread with nonsense.

And there's R95 ... right on cue.

by Anonymousreply 96April 7, 2021 6:29 PM

Thanks r96. They’d find a way to bring MM into a thread on Mother Teresa Or Anne Frank.

by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2021 6:38 PM

Mother Teresa was once visited by Princess Diana and Princess Diana is the MIL to...

by Anonymousreply 98April 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Um, Michael Jackson and OJ would disagree, OP.

by Anonymousreply 99April 7, 2021 6:59 PM

As I hadn't heard shit about Oprah for years till her Markle interview, the only reason to discuss her now is because of the Markle interview.

by Anonymousreply 100April 7, 2021 7:38 PM

For you maybe R100. Speak for yourself. YOU want to talk about Markle.

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] She even makes a point to clean my toothbrush.

How does one do that? Soaking in Lysol?

by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2021 2:10 AM

I don’t blame any black person for mistrusting or disliking white people. That said, I dont get that vibe from Oprah. But who knows.

You know, it is interesting—I’m white but have always had friends and neighbors of different races/ethnicities and never thought too much about racism as an immediate concept in everyday life. I dont think about someone as my “black friend Joseph” or my “Asian neighbor Sally.” They’re just Joe and Sally. But, In the last couple years I’ve noticed some of my friends who are POCs making very negative comments about white people and it makes me a little sad because I am sure these feelings have always been there but I just didn’t realize it. Maybe they didnt feel comfortable enough to say anything. I dont know. It makes me sad that they have had negative experiences but it also makes me question whether there can truly ever be real friendship between POC and white people if there is an underlying mistrust or resentment (which goes both ways, of course, with racism on both sides of that equation). It just bums me out.

by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2021 2:50 AM

A better thread would've been Oprah Winfrey and Black People.

Oprah's relationship with her Black audience and other Black celebrities is way more storied and interesting. Black people's opinions of her are just as varied as any other group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 8, 2021 3:47 AM

Very true R104. But that story wouldn't interest the OP. He doesn't care about Oprah's relationship to the black community. It's far more complicated and nuanced. And ever changing. He's more interested in stirring up uninformed racist shit.

by Anonymousreply 105April 8, 2021 4:14 AM

Hermes does not like Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 106April 8, 2021 6:22 AM

I knew this Italian guy in Philadelphia who was obsessed with her. He couldn’t stand her, but he watched her and followed everything that she did. He derided her VOGUE cover. When she was interviewed about it, she made a comment about never dreaming that she, as a poor little black girl from Mississippi, would ever be on the cover of VOGUE. He said that as a white man, it offended him. He was also a Donna Summer fan. One would have to walk away from him whenever he talked about her.

His obsession with Oprah though, required hospitalization.

by Anonymousreply 107April 8, 2021 1:41 PM

To add to my earlier comment, I also think famous people like other famous people, no matter the race or gender. . That’s why I don’t believe Trump is racist. I think if you’re a black celebrity, he wants to hang out with you. If you’re a poor or even just an ordinary working class white person, he doesn’t care about you.

Trump likes people with $$$ and/or celebrity, who the person is doesn’t matter. I imagine Oprah and other very famous people are the same. It’s kind of understandable - “regular” people wouldn’t understand the lives the ultra famous live.

by Anonymousreply 108April 8, 2021 1:49 PM

OP's black bosses probably talk about him behind his back.

I can't imagine anyone growing up black or Native America in the United States would fully trust white people. They may have individual white friends, but looking at white people as a group... I doubt there's trust.

by Anonymousreply 109April 8, 2021 1:51 PM

R109 If someone is simple minded enough to look at everyone with white or black skin as a “group,” then yes, I’d imagine that person would suffer from paranoia, too.

by Anonymousreply 110April 8, 2021 1:54 PM

Also R109, do you think racism towards black people only exists in the USA? It doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 111April 8, 2021 1:55 PM

Of course she does. Hence her very public FAIL when bitching about shopping for rich handbags in Paris.

I’m sure she’s dealt with plenty of shit in her professional career and those things do stay with you to some degree. However, she takes no time to be grateful for her intense successes, rest on her laurels, but instead lets this anger govern her. See: Markle, Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 112April 8, 2021 1:58 PM

It was in Zurich the shopgirl wouldn't let Oprah look at a pricey handbag. Rich women in Europe - black white or any other color - are THIN. A fat woman like Oprah is seen as obviously poor.

by Anonymousreply 113April 8, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote] See: Markle, Meghan

Oh brother...the obsession with this constant trashing of this woman...

Back to Oprah, please.

by Anonymousreply 114April 8, 2021 4:03 PM

The Hall Monitor aka Obie Scidobie.

by Anonymousreply 115April 8, 2021 5:07 PM

You need to thank the whites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 8, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote]I also think famous people like other famous people, no matter the race or gender. .

This immediately made me think of Seinfeld being freaked out by Kesha because he didn't know who she was.

[quote] That’s why I don’t believe Trump is racist. I think if you’re a black celebrity, he wants to hang out with you. If you’re a poor or even just an ordinary working class white person, he doesn’t care about you.

I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking when he called Holly Robinson Peete a "nig**r" on the set of the Apprentice when the network wanted her to win and he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 117April 9, 2021 5:19 AM

Anyone who believes that Trump is not racist needs psychiatric support.

And they should be deported.

by Anonymousreply 118April 9, 2021 12:23 PM

R103: “I don’t blame any black person for mistrusting or disliking white people.” Hmm, lumping all people of the same race into one group and blindly painting all with the same negative outlook and disdain. There’s a name for that.... it’s right on the tip of my tongue....

by Anonymousreply 119April 9, 2021 8:55 PM

Anyone who thinks Trump loves poor or even middle class Americans needs psychiatric help.

Trump would much rather have dinner with Oprah, M Jordan or Kanye than he would with a white middle class nobody. It’s all about fame and money with him.

by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote] It’s all about fame and money with him.

Racists still eat.

He'd have dinner with them if he wanted something from them but that doesn't mean he won't turn around and call them all kinds of names. (IE. Marge Schott.)

If you still think he isn't racist after the past 4 years: you're a troll, Russian or a jackass.

by Anonymousreply 121April 10, 2021 1:18 AM

Well, I wish Jewish men didn’t like [bold]her[bold] so much. My boyfriend would dump me in a New York minute for Oprah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2021 1:50 PM

R121 No, just a longtime observer.

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2021 4:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!