Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DMX is a vegetable to me

I spoke to DMX's former manager, who's remained close to him and his family. she said X is still in a "vegetative state" with little to no brain activity or function.

she and his family are "praying and waiting," and encourages his fans to stay positive.

Can people really wake up from a vegetative state with NO brain activity? Are all the people praying for him to wake up and have a full recovery on Twitter being naive? Is it once you’re a vegetable, you’re always a vegetable?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 11:49 AM

Are you talking to me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 5:01 PM

It can happen, but it extremely rare. The fundies like to cling to the few instances, but you have better chances of winning the lottery twice than waking up from a persistent vegetative state.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 5:05 PM

If he has no brain activity I'd say it's time to accept that he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 5:06 PM

Did he ever have brain activity?

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 5:09 PM

It’s really sad, but once your brain’s a piece of shit, it’s always a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 5:12 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer homophobic drugged-out thug.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 5:18 PM

But he’s so young. He can overcome this.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 6:38 PM

How long until the family starts asking the fans for money to help with the medical expenses?

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 6:43 PM

Is he going to be the new jahi mcmath?

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 6:47 PM

Even if DMX miraculously “wakes up,” he’ll be profoundly fucked up. The kindest thing to do is to let him go. That’s what I’d want.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 7:27 PM

Lamar Odom was fucked up like this but miraculously came back to life after a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 7:32 PM

This case is sad, I saw a clip of him explaining how he got hooked and he was very emotional.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2021 8:03 PM

I came here for a Terri Schiavo reference, and I've not been disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2021 8:15 PM

R13 you and me both! I was gonna say they have something in common now!

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 8:30 PM

Why associate vegetables with this homophobic, animal-abusing asshole? This is literal violence towards vegetarians!

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 8:37 PM

Lamar Odom was in a coma, not a vegetative state. If he’s determined to be brain dead, the insurance coverage will cut off 48 hours afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 8:55 PM

Eggplants can't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 9:02 PM

Here the story of a British teenager, who was declared brain-dead but who woke up from his coma shortly before they wanted to remove his organs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2021 9:35 PM

When someone has no brain activity, they have a panel of three neurologists look at their medical records. They determine whether the person is brain dead. If they are, then the family can have them removed from life support.

People don’t understand the difference between a coma and brain dead. Lots of people are in comas and are fine afterwards. Brain dead is a one way street. This happened to my mom. One idiotic nurse kept telling us she was “praying for a miracle” and insisting she could wake up any moment. No she couldn’t. People like this do nothing but make the situation more painful for the family. It’s like, what if your family member was buried in a grave, and some moron started insisting they were going to wake up and be fine? You’d want to slap the teeth out of their mouth. This is where religious nutters need to keep their “miracles” to themselves.

The insurance company does cut off immediately at that point. You can put a person like this into hospice and wait for them to die. Hospitals do not want dead people taking up their beds. The minute they find out you’re not getting any better, you’re out of there.

As far as someone having no brain activity, and then waking up, that’s virtually impossible. Somebody made a mistake.

It’s possible that if someone’s family really wanted the patient to stay in the hospital, they might claim they thought there was some hope. But brain activity is measured by a machine, not a person. Either it’s there or it isn’t. They explained it to me by saying, even if she could wake up and open her eyes, which she can’t, if she looked at you she wouldn’t know who you were. She wouldn’t even know what you were. She wouldn’t know you were a human being, or any different from the wall. If she saw her own arm, she wouldn’t know it was an arm, or attached to her body.

Who would want to wake up like that?

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2021 9:50 PM

His brain was without oxygen for over 30 minutes, so even if he wakes up, he’ll probably have brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2021 9:54 PM

R20, that’s what happened to my mother. They thought it was around 20 minutes or less.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2021 9:59 PM

I said it better, R19.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2021 9:59 PM

If it’s impossible then how did the brain dead British teen wake up and recover?

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 5:05 AM

OP, if you were underwear, you would be the FRUIT of the loom!

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 5:06 AM

r19 I hope someone mistakenly declares you braindead and pulls the plug

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 7:17 AM

What was on his iPod? I mean, besides the obvious: "If I Only Had a Brain"?

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2021 7:19 AM

R1, I cringed, and laughed a little. Now I feel bad about myself.

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2021 7:35 AM

It's asparagus season here, but that doesn't seem to fit.

Is coca leave a vegetable?

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2021 7:47 AM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2021 8:02 AM

They should try giving him some DMT.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2021 8:08 AM

Wasn't familiar with him, except knew the initials was a rapper.

I read his wiki page and he was charged more than once with multiple counts of animal cruelty.

Hard to have sympathy for anyone who abuses animals.

Shots and eclairs.

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2021 10:24 AM

His family should let him go.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2021 11:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!