Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

First Sport Illustrated Male Swimsuit Model Finalist

It’s Louis Freese, which begs the question was James Charles not available?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 11:20 AM

Yikes. Is this for real?

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2021 12:26 PM

It’s People Magazine baby, can’t get realer then that!

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2021 12:29 PM

Girleena

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2021 12:30 PM

Or maybe it’s a younger version of that very affected NYC party goer played by Bill Hader on SNL?

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2021 12:32 PM

Is he/she transgender?

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2021 12:37 PM

Where are his shoulders? It’s like the arms connect directly to his torso.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 12:39 PM

Lol, of course he's gendre fluid.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 12:44 PM

Is this him?

> THIS IS LONG AND EVERYTHING I AM SAYING COMES FROM DEEP DOWN IN MY HEART AND IS WITH SO MUCH LOVE. BTW, WHEN TALKING ABOUT SEXUALITIES I USE STRAIGHT, GAY, AND BI. HOWEVER THERE ARE SO SO SO MANY MORE TYPES OF SEXUALITY THESE ARE MERELY EXAMPLES. XOXO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 12:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 12:47 PM

SOunds like him, his People interview is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote]YEAR FREAKIN TWO BABY. I am never going to give up on my dream and I hope all of you as SI will consider me to be apart of SI is literally one of the most inspirational and encouraging brands I have ever come across in my life.

[quote]Regardless of your body, race, age, gender, or sexuality, their goal is to embrace and empower every single person for who they are. Personally, I struggle with body image, self acceptance, and too often find myself worrying about who others want me to be. The community, movement, and brand that Sports Illustrated has developed is a perfect representation of how large organizations should influence others.

[quote]I truly believe this brand has the power to change minds and lives. There have been so many standards (body image, age, beauty) that have already been broken from so many SI models. I want to work with Sports Illustrated so we can stop those who judge, criticize, or hate on those who are choosing to be themselves. No longer should a man or woman feel they need to fit certain gender standards, no longer should stereotypes exist for sexual orientations, no longer should people hide their authentic character.

[quote]Every single one of us deserves to live in a world judgement free with the ability to be our authentic self. I thank you for the amazing platform you have inspired me with and (fingers crossed) I cannot wait to meet all of you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 12:49 PM

Oh please, shut the fuck up Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2021 12:52 PM

"I really hope it becomes more clear each year that SI Swimsuit is truly a brand that cares about representation"

Okay, this is nice and all. But will someone please tell capitalism to stop pretending that brands care about anything other than market research and profit margins?

Because this shit is really worn out.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2021 12:57 PM

LOL - people who buy SI don't want to see that.

They actually would have been better off appealing to the folks on an aspirational level and picked a guy who is ripped.

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 1:10 PM

Yes put some of the Men’s health cover models in there to spice it up. Nobody wants to look at this guy or the overweight women.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 2:32 PM

"However, as I've continued down this path of self-discovery, I've realized my message is so much more about gender variety and how every person's gender presents itself differently. " Yup, exactly as I expected...

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 2:53 PM

I can see bros have a laugh over some hot twink or very handsome yet pretty muscle teen in the Swimsuit issue. Lewis is NOT that guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 2:59 PM

Looking good! And yes, it's time for a change at Sports Illustrated.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2021 3:01 PM

He does resemble the typical cumslut bottom from Sketchy Sex or Fraternity X. I think the guys who read the swimsuit edition might like him, especially if he gets all his teeth pulled.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2021 3:08 PM

Should have been the winsome Damian Hurley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2021 3:09 PM

OP- I DON'T find feminine features on a male face attractive.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2021 3:23 PM

I think she’s tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Her eyebrow game is strong. That’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2021 3:37 PM

SI is not for the woke crowd. They don't want to see pics of femme boys in swimsuits looking like women. They could have used actual male models in male swimsuits for balance - but no.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2021 3:41 PM

Is the S.I. editor.... Helen Keller?

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2021 3:43 PM

He looks like a very femme Bill Hader!

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2021 3:45 PM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2021 5:27 PM

The SI Swimsuit edition has been going downhill for 10+ years. And by "downhill" I basically mean transforming into a straight woman's idea of what should be in a swimsuit edition of a magazine. Kate Upton was the last cheesecake-y model (may have been a few random others since her), and the move into a combination of stick thin runway-type models, with some fat women interspersed, was complete years ago.

Straight men want young, sexy, perky-titted, curvy-but-slim, smooth-skinned babes. Straight women and gay men, neither of whom are reading SI for sexual-interest reasons, want some combo of Amazons, chubbos and now whatever it is that this person says z/s/he is.

It's been interesting to watch the magazine change, actually - it changed earlier than many other pop culture products in terms of going full body acceptance, and as I see it was a pretty unlikely contender to do so. Fascinating, in a way, to witness the straight-male hegemony (please read my entire comment and don't get triggered over my use of the word hegemony), in which all women were required to be young and sexy, slowly being infiltrated and undermined. I doubt it will last, because now in my 40s I still have yet to see any force as powerful, focused and single-minded as the straight male attraction to... attractive women. I expect the "babes are back in SI!" movement (and accompanying issue, because everything is marketing) sometime around 2024.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2021 5:45 PM

Exhausting

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2021 5:58 PM

I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2021 6:05 PM

They bear a striking resemblance to DL fav Prince Oskar of Sweden. Are they of Scandinavian heritage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2021 6:16 PM

At least they picked someone who epitomizes MASC!

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2021 7:13 PM

I thought it was Charles James.

What are his views on World Peace?

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2021 7:16 PM

that's a male in the picture? oh my...

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2021 10:05 PM

It looks like they have had some beautiful trans models.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2021 11:18 PM

You can still see she's was a bloke R35 from her face.

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2021 1:32 AM

Humph !!! Next Year !!!!

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2021 1:35 AM

When you can clearly see these 'transgender' MTF models still have their male genitals, how can they actually be considered transgender?

Transgender used to mean a man had sex change surgery.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2021 9:00 AM

This guy is only slightly less femmy than the teen boy Dirk Bogarde lusted for in Death in Venice

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2021 9:33 AM

Gays don’t buy Sports Illustrated. Why is this even happening?

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2021 9:33 AM

[quote] can’t get realer then that!

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2021 10:25 AM

[quote] BTW, WHEN TALKING ABOUT SEXUALITIES I USE STRAIGHT, GAY, AND BI. HOWEVER THERE ARE SO SO SO MANY MORE TYPES OF SEXUALITY THESE ARE MERELY EXAMPLES. XOXO

Look, either you suck dick, or you don’t suck dick.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2021 10:58 AM

Gross. Looks like it was made by a 3D printer.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 11:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!