Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THINGS THAT HAVE CHANGED THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH COVID-19.

Any negative cuts in service or goods that have disappeared for no good reason.

List them!

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 1:09 PM

I'll start: There's no Pot Roast and mashed potatoes at Denny's. It was tasty and cheap. Gone!

No more Stagg Country Brand canned chilli. Good and cheap. Gone!

Wet Ones in plastic tub. Gone!

Lysol Wipes in plastic tub. Gone!

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2021 10:04 AM

For five years the government has said that inflation is near zilch so salaries have been essentially flat.

Yet it’s all a lie. There’s been stealth inflation on almost every “aspirational” good: the things people think they’ll someday be able to easily afford.

Decent steak has gone from $11.00 up to $23.00 a pound. Good looking shoes now cost a hundreds dollars a pair. A Mercedes C Class cost more than optioned E classes of a few years back (base model Ferraris go up $100,000+ with every introduction). “Healthy” breakfast cereal is now $8 for an ever smaller box. And the cost of middling red wine is driving me to drink.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2021 10:31 AM

R2 let’s start a thread on this, fuck OP

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2021 10:57 AM

Wii do R3.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2021 11:17 AM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2021 2:54 PM

I'm not referring to inflation! I'm talking about any lack of goods and services. We all know there's inflation, you shit! I'm not talking only about inflation, therefore I am not hijacking your fucking thread.

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2021 10:29 AM

Where are all the plastic tubs?

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2021 11:36 AM

I feel like food service in general has been on a decline since the pandemic. Restaurants are screwing up orders more frequently and not giving two shits. Some of these places deserve the chopping block. You would think restaurants would be thankful. Shitty products and services everywhere these days.

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2021 2:38 PM

The postal service!

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2021 3:19 PM

R7. Sometimes they are just hard to find on store shelves. It seems stores have stopped selling certain items like the Wet Ones. I think the Lysol Wipes just keep selling out and they cannot keep up with demand. Just small inconveniences.

by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2021 11:22 PM

Fucking Target has stopped shipping tons of items, including cleaners, sanitizing stuff...things you should be able to not leave your house to get. I used to buy a lot of stuff at Target but since they raised the free shipping to $35 purchases & stopped selling about 80% of what I used to order from them, I can’t come up with $35 worth of stuff to order from them. They want everyone to go to their stores. Not a good move during a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2021 11:35 PM

Went to my regular Costco and found out they no longer offer the combo pizza and only have pepperoni or cheese. They also don't have the chicken Caesar salad at the booth. No Amy's organic frozen entrees either. No sushi, too.

What the fuck does this have to do with COVID?

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2021 12:56 PM

R3. There already is a thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2021 1:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!