Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SAG Awards 2021

Chadwick Boseman’s death was a tragedy but this is getting ridiculous now. They put him at the end of the In Memoriam tribute. His filmography wasn’t that impressive and he had no major nominations either.

On a side note, while this is slightly better than the globes, this is still torture to watch.

by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2021 1:58 AM

One moment was sublime.

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2021 1:39 AM

Gillian Anderson used an American accent for her acceptance speech.

I’m so confused.

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2021 1:40 AM

I love the Minari grandma winning!

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Loved MInari and loved her!

I would not be surprised to see Minari win Best Picture at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Anyone catch Viola's very dramatic prose introduction of the IN MEMORIAM?

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2021 1:43 AM

I didn’t know Brian Dennehy had died until I saw him in the In Memoriam piece. It was during the haze of the events of last April so the news escaped me.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2021 1:43 AM

Boring award season

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2021 1:55 AM

Actors didn’t vote for Frances McDormand to win the SAG Award and a considerable amount of actors will not vote for Nomadland for the Best Picture Oscar for the exact same reason-it’s made up mostly of non-actors.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2021 1:57 AM

It's almost like this was a tough year for the film industry because of a global pandemic or something r7.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2021 1:59 AM

My God, Viola won Best Actress

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2021 2:00 AM

Trial of the Chicago 7?

Really SAG....?

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2021 2:00 AM

Most of the choices were very good and then Viola Davis and Chicago 7. WTF!

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2021 2:04 AM

80% of the SAG voters are unemployed actors who think PERFORMING is acting. They oftentimes have offbeat winners and nominees.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2021 2:07 AM

"Trial" was really good. All the film actors who won were POCs, btw. Is that a first?

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2021 2:09 AM

[Quote]All the film actors who won were POCs, btw. Is that a first?

Definitely.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2021 2:10 AM

Chicago 7 was a total no brainer. Say what you want about the film itself but that cast was fantastic from top to bottom.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2021 2:13 AM

Viola Davis was so terrible she ruined her film. It was the bad make up and the overacting combined. Giving her an award is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2021 2:14 AM

This show is one hour? Why even bother...

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2021 2:16 AM

OP, I posted something similar regarding Boseman on DL and was immediately branded a racist. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2021 2:16 AM

Who was Viola Davis' Marni Nixon?

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2021 2:18 AM

R2 she always talks in an American accent when the audience is American.

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2021 2:20 AM

Thank you OP and I will admit I think it's foolish to give awards to people who are dead.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2021 2:21 AM

I think the Oscar winners will be somewhat different. Only the Get Out guy has swept through the season. All the other awards are all over the place. At the least we truly don't know who will win a bunch of the major awards.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2021 2:23 AM

100% agree about Chadwick Boseman. But it doesn't matter because Twitter has decided that he's black Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2021 2:24 AM

If anybody finds a clip of their memoriam segment, please post it.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2021 2:27 AM

Black Panther was one of the biggest movies of all time and ground breaking in its own way.. His sudden death was a really big deal to people. Don't get how that is hard to understand.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2021 2:28 AM

R25 you need it with the dramatic introduction by Miss Viola Davis.

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2021 2:33 AM

R26 500,000+ Americans died of an easily preventable disease,thats a tragedy. Boseman died of cancer,NOT a fucking tragedy. Sad,but not a tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2021 2:35 AM

Not even the virus can stop these pat on the back meaningless award shows.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2021 2:36 AM

r17, yet, hilariously, the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild gave Ma Rainey their awards for Best Makeup and Best Hair Styling. Evidently it's now the Oscar frontrunner in that category.

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2021 2:40 AM

Low-res version of the In Memoriam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2021 2:40 AM

Whether you liked Chadwick Boseman's acting or not, he portrayed James Brown, Jackie Robinson and Black Panther in a short time frame leading up to his death. He was in the prime of his career and portrayed one of the most iconic comic book characters (Black Panther) so it's easy to see why so much has been made about his death.

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2021 2:45 AM

[quote]I think the Oscar winners will be somewhat different. Only the Get Out guy has swept through the season. All the other awards are all over the place. At the least we truly don't know who will win a bunch of the major awards.

I hope Viola doesn't win an Oscar. I thought her performance was overrated as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2021 2:46 AM

Thanks R31. I had forgotten about many of those people

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2021 2:51 AM

outrageous that viola and boseman won.....enuf of this woke crud over tru talent.

yay lasso and jason sudekis !!!

and jason bateman!

i jus dont get schitts creek, pure cornpone.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2021 2:59 AM

The Undoing got a nomination in any category?????? ok, i dont respect SAG anymore.

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2021 3:05 AM

[quote] portrayed one of the most iconic comic book characters (Black Panther)

Black Panther was always a B or C lister in the comic book world. Storm and Luke Cage were way more important and popular than BP ever was until the movie.

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote]I think the Oscar winners will be somewhat different. Only the Get Out guy has swept through the season. And he might get cancelled out by his fellow lead costar who, like him, got nominated in supporting.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2021 3:08 AM

SAG should be embarrassed and ashamed of itself for rewarding Boseman and Davis. Hopkins and Mulligan both gave masterclasses in acting. Enough of this woke bullshit.

On the bright side, I was happy for Chicago 7. Finally, white men win something!

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2021 3:08 AM

That mess Mark Ruffalo won for, I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE, was soo damn bad. god dam.

Thrilled the chick from the chess series won.....Queens Gambit

OMG daisey ridley almost looked fem in this show...

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2021 3:08 AM

Kerry Washington so pissed she lost, funny.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2021 3:10 AM

[quote]outrageous that viola and boseman won.....enuf of this woke crud over tru talent.

Blacks are a tiny percentage of voters on these awards. Ask yourself why you think the majority white population feels so beholden to the minority. Perhaps they're trying to correct decades on injustice and marginalisation?

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2021 3:12 AM

Praise lord the dad and son lost from Schitts Creek..

Ted Lasso is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2021 3:17 AM

OMG can someone please make that son of Eugene Levy go away. He is the most annoying queen currently anywhere. He's revolting and annoying as hell. And I know everyone is so gung ho on the stupid show which I've not been able to finish a season. It's so over the top and ridiculous and every single character was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2021 3:21 AM

Trial of the Chicago 7 winning was awesome! Great film.

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2021 3:21 AM

R42, how does it work when voting for the awards? “Clearly, Anthony Hopkins is the better actor and he gave the best performance, but I will vote for Chadwick Boseman because it will ‘correct decades on injustice and marginalisation’“?

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2021 3:21 AM

WHO IS KALEY CUOCO AND WHY IS SHE IN ANOTHER SERIES ?

agree, the levy kid is grosssss

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2021 3:22 AM

Anyone else find Minari hugely ! over rated ?

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2021 3:23 AM

R42: I have no problem with them correcting decades of discrimination but is handing out trophies on the basis of correct skin color the best way to do that? This woke bullshit that emphasizes diversity over skill and aptitude is now in colleges, corporations, schools, the entertainment industry, and even the military.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2021 3:24 AM

Trial of the Chicago 7 won because of great acting. That's what this award SHOULD BE awarded for. Not of other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2021 3:24 AM

R46 Boseman has the sentiment which will be impossible to derail. A lot of black actors in SAG which explained why Denzel won over Casey. Affleck ended up with the Oscar. And Viola winning tonight. Viola is respected so I can see her pulling off a second win with that GIVE ME A SECOND OSCAR performance. Mulligan has lost all momentum, so it’s going to be Andra Day or Davis now. It’s time anyway for another woman of color for the lead actress Oscar (only Halle Berry so far) Its really sad that Hopkins will lose the Oscar for that career capping performance to Boseman who was good but wasn’t a great actor yet.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2021 3:25 AM

Any show that awards Boseman or ms Davis i cannot respect. isnt it based on talent and not sentiment?

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2021 3:25 AM

Minari and Trial of the Chicago 7 are my favorites. One small and one large in scale but both extremely effective. Almost all the other movies other than PYW, Sound of Metal and Nomadland were rather uneventful and without any new to show. I did also really enjoy The Father more than I thought I would. Everything else was mediocre to bad.

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2021 3:26 AM

There are thousands of SAG-AFTRA members who pay their piddling dues and are thus eligible to vote for these awards. I don't buy the idea that there are thousands of members of varying political affiliation and socio-economic status who are in lockstep over voting for their peers on the basis of their ethnicity. Maybe they honestly felt these performances were worth of the nomination. Of course, many on DL think every vote for a person of color is an affirmative action vote.

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2021 3:27 AM

Ma Rainey was a big fat mess.

Tried 3 times to watch the Father.....jut cant get thru the dreck.

Was rooting for Jared Leto. , just cause.

Minari was ok, but award material??

Glenn Close i love you.

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2021 3:30 AM

Many awards (Oscars, Grammys, Tonys, Emmys, etc.) are won based upon sentiment and not necessarily talent. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2021 3:31 AM

The White Guilt Awards.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2021 3:31 AM

R.I.P Shirley Knight, Zoe Caldwell, Diana Rigg, Honor Blackman, Orson Bean, Cicely Tyson, Jessica Walters

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2021 3:34 AM

Ma Rainey won for makeup? She looked sweaty the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2021 3:39 AM

Gillian Anderson's zero mostel version of Thatcher beat the others?? (the soft gel on her cam was amusing) fuzzywuzzy

GET REAL

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2021 3:40 AM

R54 well this would explain the Denzel win when Affleck won everything else in sight that year. No I don’t think black actors vote every time for another black actor. But Denzel possibly and maybe Viola this year. Just enough but not everyone of color voting for them to put them over the top. Plus the Academy has roughly 10,000 members now. So when it comes to the Oscars, the results will surprise us more with more eclectic people voting.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2021 3:40 AM

god i hope u are right.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2021 3:43 AM

Do voters hate david fincher? Odd that Mank wasnt nominated for more.

Was Olivia Davis sposed to be playin Moms Mabley?

Carey Mulligan deserved the win.

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2021 3:49 AM

Ma's Big Fat Bottom being nominated much less winning anything is fucking stupid. You don't have to be some big cinephile to know that was a piece of garbage shit that really had no purpose to being made. You don't really learn much about any of the characters outside of the fucking recording session where people shout, fight, fuck, kill and then shout some more. But fuck if you were not gonna show that bitch respect as she sweat out 10 bottles of Coke for you.

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2021 3:56 AM

Yes Carey Mulligan did deserve the win.

Let’s hope the Oscars acknowledge this fact.

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2021 3:57 AM

The Trial of Chicago Seven is a very hack film. It really turns to drivel by the end. The actors were solid but nothing special. But maybe compared to everything else it was superior. MamRainey was a filmed play where the actors were encouraged to overact. It didn’t work as a movie at all.

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2021 3:58 AM

Why did we have to look at that talentless cow Rashida Jones?

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2021 4:00 AM

Viola seems a little butch and her husband a little femme. Lavender?

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2021 4:02 AM

I can no longer respect the SAGs after this stupid dispensing of awards based on non talent.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2021 4:04 AM

Chadwick chose to die in order to perform instead of getting treatment. I think he deserved all the praise and admiration he is getting, albeit posthumously.

Fuck you, fat heartless cunt OP. I WISH YOU GET FAT CANCER ONE DAY TO LEARN EMPATHY.

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2021 4:05 AM

that show was impossible to watch........so boring.

I watched the in memorium and then fast forwarded the rest of it.

by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2021 4:06 AM

Chadwick Boseman's wife has made too many speeches.She should have done like Heath Ledger's family did. They let the director accept all the minor awards and then appeared at the Oscars in a very touching painful moment for them.

Boseman's wife has lost the impact of her words by appearing too much on these stupid zoom shows.

by Anonymousreply 72April 5, 2021 4:08 AM

Pity he did not seek treatment and perform less, much less.....

by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2021 4:08 AM

I watched Hillbilly Elegy the other night. Glenn was awful. Like Meryl in August Osage County awful. She's only saved and not looking deranged by Amy Adams following down the fucking rabbit hole and doing the same. At least Roberts tried to bring down Streep from her high wire act and pry her away from the wallpaper and furniture she was swallowing whole in every given scene.

by Anonymousreply 74April 5, 2021 4:10 AM

If merits were the factor in nomination for awards, the director of THE FATHER would have been nominated for Best Director instead of the director of that dreadfully boring stream of consciousness NOMADLAND.

by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2021 4:11 AM

Fat, insignificant people like R73 never know when they strike gold and find glory. Carry on being fat, auntie.

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2021 4:14 AM

Did I win? I'm too cool to watch these stupid zoom chats. Never mind. Don't tell me. What does it matter.

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2021 4:14 AM

I must admit, i was rather shocked at the drearyness of Nomadland, and the usual self conscious I AM ACTING of ms mcdormand

by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2021 4:14 AM

Is there any truth to that? Boseman didn't get treatment? (or is someone trolling)

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2021 4:15 AM

Seemed like she was the only one not there....How Rude.

by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote]Chadwick chose to die in order to perform instead of getting treatment

When his death was announced his team wrote that he filmed during and between surgeries and chemo.

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2021 4:16 AM

Lowest-rated SAGs ever, right?

by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2021 4:21 AM

It wasn't a real ceremony. It was like a Zoom work meeting.

by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2021 4:22 AM

Viewers are tuning out the award shows as they know who will be given the 'not based on merit' awards..

by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2021 4:23 AM

As award show go, this one was pretty well done, entertaining..

by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2021 4:29 AM

Boseman was good in Panther, but ma Rainey?

No.

by Anonymousreply 86April 5, 2021 4:35 AM

Let’s face it with Boseman it’s going to be a career/look what a talented actor we lost type award. I still think Andra Day will edge out Viola for the Oscar. Day wasn’t even up for SAG, that’s why they defaulted to Viola. Carey is out of it now. No actress has ever gone on to win the Oscar without SAG and or Globe.

by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2021 5:04 AM

If Carey Mulligan does not win i shall rush the podium with wild abandon and denounce the shabby process of the Academy with zeal !

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2021 5:08 AM

Best Actress is wide open. 4 women win. 1 is unlikely but the other three are in penalty kicks.

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2021 5:23 AM

4 women *can win

by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2021 5:24 AM

I had to unblock OP when I saw they had started a SAG thread. Other posts from OP include outrage over other Black actors from previous years winning, outrage that the media is not covering George Floyd's criminal history as if that should be a factor if someone is executed without due process, and posts about missing Trump in office. They've even posted "I'm not a racist but..." I'm response to being called out for racist posts. I love arguing about who deserved the awards, who was snubbed, etc. I even agree that of the 5 males in lead (at least for Oscar) I would want Anthony Hopkins to win based on performances I preferred. It's fun to speculate and debate film awards. But we all know what OP is outraged about because, first and foremost they're just a racist.

by Anonymousreply 91April 5, 2021 5:29 AM

*in response to

by Anonymousreply 92April 5, 2021 5:30 AM

Sorry, got OP mixed up with R39. Sorry got my racists mixed up. They all just look the same.

by Anonymousreply 93April 5, 2021 5:39 AM

Gotta love how the same people who bitch CONSTANTLY about the Oscars are now horrified that Chadwick Bozeman might win Best Actor and just can’t understand it or deal with it.

Fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 94April 5, 2021 5:45 AM

It's Hollywood handing awards out to itself, don't get all bent out of shape over any of it. The sun will rise in the East tomorrow whether Viola Davis snot-cries her way to another Oscar or not.

Milquetoast Mulligan will be fine after not winning anything. She's lucky that her career has lasted this long, as dreary as she is.

by Anonymousreply 95April 5, 2021 5:53 AM

Mulligan has about two weeks to out victim St Vi so she better get her ass busy.

by Anonymousreply 96April 5, 2021 5:55 AM

luv see them have some guts and give it to andra day......maybe they will.

by Anonymousreply 97April 5, 2021 5:56 AM

May those god damned FDA agents who dogged Billie Holiday till the day she lay dying, rot in deep hell.

by Anonymousreply 98April 5, 2021 7:20 AM

So is the old lady taking Best Supporting Actress over Glenn and Borat's Daughter?

by Anonymousreply 99April 5, 2021 7:56 AM

Yaaasssss!!!! Fuck all you haters and fuck the overrated Miss Drew Carey. I earned the SAG and now the Oscar is MINE, baby. I have suffered but my snot crying won't go in vain.

Only one more Oscar to go before I catch up with that overrated bitch Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 100April 5, 2021 8:07 AM

R96, you can’t out victim someone in 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 101April 5, 2021 8:07 AM

R101 your constant drama queening is tired, McGowan. Watch me, learn from me. I am after all me!!

by Anonymousreply 102April 5, 2021 8:12 AM

Who is winning BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS?

by Anonymousreply 103April 5, 2021 8:35 AM

Every award show for the next 10 years will be about “making it right” and awarding non whites. No matter who’s better. I’ll check back in 10 years. Gervais will be hosting.

by Anonymousreply 104April 5, 2021 8:35 AM

Oh hello

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 5, 2021 8:35 AM

R103 Maria Bakalova. And SAG/GG are no longer the rule before winning an Oscar. Idris Elba and Emily Blunt won SAG but weren’t nominated for Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 106April 5, 2021 8:39 AM

They should cancel all the awards shows this year

by Anonymousreply 107April 5, 2021 8:51 AM

You Yuh-Jung just seems like Minari's best chance since Nomadland (Or Chicago 7) are taking Picture, Director and Screenplay. Bakalova's heat has cooled

by Anonymousreply 108April 5, 2021 8:51 AM

I've already arranged counselling for G. straight after the Best Supporting Actress announcement. I'm concerned for her mental health when she looses again.

by Anonymousreply 109April 5, 2021 8:58 AM

Dreary thread for racists

by Anonymousreply 110April 5, 2021 9:00 AM

Glenn should pray they don't award her FOR Hillbilly. Her losing again will make her WIN for "SUNSET BOULEVARD" in 2023 all the more INEVITABLE!

by Anonymousreply 111April 5, 2021 9:06 AM

R111 Sunset Boulevard is never happening with G. in the lead role.

by Anonymousreply 112April 5, 2021 9:23 AM

they say its a done deal....prob streaming on hbo or sumthin like that.

by Anonymousreply 113April 5, 2021 9:32 AM

The SAG voters have no taste. They all wait until the nominating period to watch anything - because they’re so cheap, poor and want to be able to brag that they’re voters - group think sets in very quickly. I’m sure the thinking was don’t vote for Nomadland - which a lot of them probably failed to understand - because it’s full of non-professional actors. At least they didn’t give it to Mulligan.

But they have no taste. They’d give more awards to Mariska Hargitay if they could.

by Anonymousreply 114April 5, 2021 9:44 AM

R39? You sound really racist.

by Anonymousreply 115April 5, 2021 9:47 AM

Glenn Close could win for Sunset on the strength of the poster alone. Please don’t make us watch the movie!

by Anonymousreply 116April 5, 2021 9:54 AM

No Lifetime Achievement Award for the first time in 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 117April 5, 2021 10:44 AM

R58, Walter, not Walters.

by Anonymousreply 118April 5, 2021 10:46 AM

[quote] he portrayed James Brown, Jackie Robinson and Black Panther in a short time frame leading up to his death

Every generation gets the James Dean they deserve (although I like Boseman.).

by Anonymousreply 119April 5, 2021 11:32 AM

Is Viola now the favorite for Actress?

by Anonymousreply 120April 5, 2021 12:25 PM

In a year where Kurt Douglas, Sean Connery and Olivia DeHaviland die, Boseman gets the last spot. That is a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 121April 5, 2021 12:54 PM

I’m glad Jason Bateman won, liked his speech thanking health workers. Ozark really should have won for ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 122April 5, 2021 12:57 PM

R44 Don't worry. This was the last awards show for Schitt's Creek so Dan Levy is going to have to come up with something new now.

by Anonymousreply 123April 5, 2021 1:11 PM

R104 These shows will be gone in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 124April 5, 2021 1:14 PM

Why the hell was Viola's husband on screen with her ? No one wants to see him. He craves the spot light.

by Anonymousreply 125April 5, 2021 1:16 PM

R106 untrue. There’s a huge overlap between globe, SAG and Oscar wins. Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 126April 5, 2021 2:13 PM

R125 don't speak that way about Viola's beautiful Julius!

by Anonymousreply 127April 5, 2021 2:35 PM

Since SAG merged with AFTRA, doesn’t that mean a lot of non-actor “talent” like news anchors, deejays, and tv weathermen are able to vote on this shit?

by Anonymousreply 128April 5, 2021 2:57 PM

Meryl only has two SAG awards, disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2021 2:59 PM

Yes, R128, so a lot of utter mediocrities with shit for taste like Gayle King get to vote.

by Anonymousreply 130April 5, 2021 3:09 PM

Wait a minute, R130. What did you say? Gayle gets a vote? So why the FUCK have I not been awarded a Best Actress SAG yet? OK, that's it. Gayle is not getting any more pussy. Ever!

by Anonymousreply 131April 5, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote] SAG should be embarrassed and ashamed

Remember, these are actors. There are incapable of begin embarrassed or feeling shame.

by Anonymousreply 132April 5, 2021 3:21 PM

Why do you fuckers keep entertaining that psychotic racist? Why? Just FF him to hell. Enough of him already, and his numerous accounts.

by Anonymousreply 133April 5, 2021 3:23 PM

I haven’t seen the movie Boseman was nominated for, so I can’t comment on whether it was deserved. But I have a lot of respect for him fighting his cancer battle privately. Too much drama with young stars today, if they stub their toe they can appear on Entertainment Tonight. He easily could have become a well respected star given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 134April 5, 2021 3:30 PM

No-one is taking any award show this year seriously.

Who would want to win in such a discredited year?

by Anonymousreply 135April 5, 2021 3:32 PM

NOT THEIR FAULT R135

It’s no one fault the pandemic happened and derailed many movies and plans. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 136April 5, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote]That mess Mark Ruffalo won for, I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE, was soo damn bad. god dam.

The book that the mini-series is based is one of my favorites. I was disappointed with the adaptation and Ruffalo's acting. Ruffalo used to be a good actor, but he has tanked quality over the past several years.

by Anonymousreply 137April 5, 2021 5:19 PM

Mark Ruffalo won the Emmy, SAG and Golden Globe for this performance. Clearly, a lot of people thought he was good in the role.

by Anonymousreply 138April 5, 2021 5:25 PM

R137 I didn’t read the book but I watched the mini series. It seemed good to me I particularly liked the parts filmed in Italian.

by Anonymousreply 139April 5, 2021 5:29 PM

Who will win Best Director?

by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2021 5:37 PM

Wow this is the lynch mob thread......

by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2021 5:37 PM

R140 Chloe Zhao Nomadland is the favorite

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2021 7:11 PM

I thought Ma Rainy's Black Bottom was a total snooze I turned if off at 20 minutes

by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2021 7:15 PM

Of course you did r143. And you couldn't wait to tell us about it, right?

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2021 7:34 PM

I liked Chadwick's performance in Ma Rainey, but Viola's was terrible. Overdone. She is the least interesting thing in that film, and she's the title character!

I do think Riz Ahmed gave a better performance than Chadwick. The "film a play" thing is tired and it is overacting.

I haven't seen all the performances of best actor, however. Still have to see Minari and The Father.

by Anonymousreply 145April 5, 2021 7:47 PM

"No-one is taking any award show this year seriously.

Who would want to win in such a discredited year?'

You'd better take my Tony Award seriously!

by Anonymousreply 146April 5, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote]The White Guilt Awards

Soon they’ll be handing out reparation checks instead of statuettes.

by Anonymousreply 147April 5, 2021 10:26 PM

I could of made a small fortune selling brown/black bronze coloring to the white attendees.

by Anonymousreply 148April 5, 2021 10:33 PM

Viola also won the SAG for The Help. One statue for her cunt and one for her asshole.

by Anonymousreply 149April 5, 2021 10:45 PM

Excuse mx!?!?!

I thought we were all boycotting this show because of their horrible treatment of the thousands of brave non-binary actxrs?

by Anonymousreply 150April 5, 2021 10:59 PM

Caucasian actors may as well give up on getting any awards for the next 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2021 11:10 PM

I think the two older guys in Ma Rainey were really good. Viola was miscast, really. But so many filmed plays this season... The Father, Ma Rainey, One Night in Miami, and even Chicago 7 felt like a play as trial movies tend to be.

And Jesus are these racists one person on here. Fuck, enough. If you thought you didn't like the performance just say that. We really know what you're saying.

And also of this was a normal year wouldn't you love to hear Laikeeth Stanfield and Steven Yeun gossip about their former costar Armie Hammer.

by Anonymousreply 152April 5, 2021 11:15 PM

[quote] I do think Riz Ahmed gave a better performance than Chadwick. The "film a play" thing is tired and it is overacting.

Chadwick was great in his role. Ahmed wasn't bad but he could have done much more with the role. Or rather, he didn't distinguish himself in the role. Ahmed overwhelmed me with bug-eyed blankness.

by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote]No-one is taking any award show this year seriously. Who would want to win in such a discredited year?

Have you ever met an actor?

by Anonymousreply 154April 5, 2021 11:26 PM

Ass cancer? How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 155April 5, 2021 11:54 PM

Viola got too excited when she won. Throwing her hands up in the air. She's reached the point where she has so many awards she should do like Streep and react with false modesty.

"I just heard half of America say, her? again?"

by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2021 11:57 PM

R153 That's my trademark.

by Anonymousreply 157April 6, 2021 9:57 AM

R129 Two too many.

by Anonymousreply 158April 6, 2021 9:58 AM

[quote] Mark Ruffalo won the Emmy, SAG and Golden Globe for this performance.

Ruffalo has fallen into Jane Fonda territory. He wins not for his talent but for holding the correct political opinions.

by Anonymousreply 159April 6, 2021 10:01 AM

R159 Difference being that Jane Fonda is actually intelligent and Mark Ruffalo is simply 'woke'.

by Anonymousreply 160April 6, 2021 10:26 AM

Chad Bozeman had a ton of young fans and he died young. How is it surprising?

by Anonymousreply 161April 6, 2021 10:33 AM

tht thing ruffalo is in is so bad my dogs wont even stand for it. wtf??? how that fug win so much??

miz viola ruined dat movie.

nomadland made me wanna kill myselfs....

minerva (sp?) the one bout the chinaman lookin fer water on hiz land was plum zzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 162April 6, 2021 5:51 PM

I do admire that Ruffalo got his dong out for us when he was hot but lost respect for him when he said he was debating whether or no to go to the Oscars after OscarsSoWhite a few years ago (of course he went! ). And of course he was never bothered about the lack of inclusion until it became a scandal.

by Anonymousreply 163April 6, 2021 6:22 PM

Viola was the favored to win for "The Help" after winning the SAG and said losing (to Meryl) was like being dropped from the 100th floor (drama queen!).

Of course that's before she lamented how insulting the role of a 1960s maid was for her to play so I guess her bestie Streep did her a favor.

by Anonymousreply 164April 6, 2021 6:29 PM

If only awards were given for Best Actor Who Doesn't Annoy You With His Social Stances, R163.

by Anonymousreply 165April 6, 2021 6:29 PM

how long u think this woke shit will rule the award shows? 5 more yrs?

theyr only 10% of the population!

by Anonymousreply 166April 6, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote] If only awards were given for Best Actor Who Doesn't Annoy You With His Social Stances

Why should we even know what an actors social stances are?

My doctor doesn't tell me his. My lawyer doesn't tell me hers. My accountant does tell me zhe's.

by Anonymousreply 167April 6, 2021 6:41 PM

my dr and i discuss politix alot.....

by Anonymousreply 168April 6, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote] Why should we even know what an actor's social stances are?

You know what I learn when an actor tells me his social stances? I learn that the actor is probably a huge narcissist, and thus not a very nice human being.

by Anonymousreply 169April 7, 2021 5:14 PM

I finally suffered through Hillbilly Elegy last night. How the FUCK did Amy Adams get a SAG nom for that piece of shit? Everyone is bagging on Glenn, but Amy should have gotten the Razzie. Glenn was fine. Not award worthy, but not Razzie worthy, either. Amy, OTOH, was downright embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2021 5:19 PM

R170, when are the RAZZIES given out? Those are the awards to watch.

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2021 5:21 PM

They usually happen the day before the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2021 5:22 PM

Amy Adams ain't getting an Oscar anytime soon

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2021 5:41 PM

I find it mind boggling that Adams has six Oscar nominations, and all in within 13 years.

by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2021 6:12 PM

R170 I thought Amy was great in this role, and Glenn too. Sure Glenn was chewing the scenery, but she was supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2021 6:31 PM

R174 she really only has 3.5 nominations since 5 of them were Supporting.

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2021 7:11 PM

Razzies are falling apart. They could barely afford a ceremony last year. Mean show, silly show. The should disappear.

by Anonymousreply 177April 7, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote] I find it mind boggling that Adams has six Oscar nominations, and all in within 13 years.

She'll keep doing Oscar bait type movies for years in hopes of getting an Oscar. So far she hasn't played a disabled person in a Oscar bait movie so maybe she'll that soon.

by Anonymousreply 178April 8, 2021 12:02 AM

Glenn and Amy need to do a Holocaust movie. Easy win.

by Anonymousreply 179April 8, 2021 12:10 AM

adams alwys mystified me,,,,,glenn has talent, adams has big eyeballs....and zero talent.

by Anonymousreply 180April 8, 2021 4:10 AM

"Razzies are falling apart. They could barely afford a ceremony last year. Mean show, silly show. The should disappear."

And lose moments like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 8, 2021 1:18 PM

The thing about the Razzies is that several years ago it stopped being about spotlighting the truly awful film work of a particular year and focused more on the creator's specific agendas or beefs with certain filmmakers or celebs or even political slants. Many of the nominations over the past 15 years or so are simply ridiculous. They're no fun anymore.

by Anonymousreply 182April 8, 2021 1:21 PM

Sandra Bullock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2021 1:36 PM

halle berry is known as a mean grouch.

by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2021 1:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!