Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don Lemon and his fiancé are looking to start a family

[quote] “Yes, I’m thinking about starting a family,” Lemon said during a virtual appearance on “The Tamron Hall Show,” adding that he and Malone will wait until they’re married to take that next step. They’ve postponed their nuptials due to the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the CNN talking head, they’re considering several options when it comes to their potential brood.

[quote] “So we’re thinking about, do we want to adopt, do we want to go through surrogacy, how we want to do it,” Lemon said. “Tim is definitely going to have to be the one to have the kid because he’s younger. His body will bounce back faster.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 7, 2021 4:30 PM

Aren't they a little old?

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2021 5:07 PM

I’m genuinely shocked Don, who considers himself the MLK Jr of cable news, is married to a white man 😏

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2021 5:14 PM

They're so old. Imagine being on medicare with a kid in high school.

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2021 5:17 PM

Of course he has a white lover, the black gay men who scream the most about social justice always do.

by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2021 5:24 PM

Don Lemon tries so hard to be cool but he's always just lame.

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2021 5:25 PM

I hope they avoid surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2021 5:33 PM

R3 Hi sis!

by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2021 5:34 PM

Nestor will be looking for a new daddy soon.

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2021 5:34 PM

R3

Oh please. Are you aware of just how many gay singles and couples became fathers in their 40's or even 50's? Surrogacy is all about cash baby.... If some 40 year old woman and her nearly 50 year old husband can hire a surrogate, or worse parents in their 60's whose son died young unexpectedly, but they want grandchildren can hire a womb, why could gay men be any different.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2021 5:39 PM

r8 Such cynicism!

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2021 5:42 PM

File this news under "Who cares Rose!".

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2021 6:03 PM

FWIU Don Lemon was always a snow queen. Nothing new to report on that front, and he got his man.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2021 6:05 PM

[Quote]I’m genuinely shocked Don, who considers himself the MLK Jr of cable news, is married to a white man

But he's a [italic]woke[/italic] White guy.

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2021 6:09 PM

I was going to make a comment about them being too old, but apparently the fiancé is only 36. I thought he was 50+.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote]Tim is definitely going to have to be the one to have the kid because he’s younger. His body will bounce back faster.

What does this mean? The husband is going to be the primary carer for the kid?

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2021 6:12 PM

His boyfriend is 20 years younger than him? How cliché.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2021 6:14 PM

Being a TV journalist in a mixed race relationship with a much younger partner and having a kid by surrogate is SO reductive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2021 6:17 PM

He's always gotta follow Andy and Anderson, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2021 6:18 PM

I have no idea who any of these people are nor do I care to.

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2021 6:21 PM

Don Lemon was a "respectable" bougie Black guy who lived for being not like other Black guys. He would bash people from the ghetto, Black activists, the Ferguson riots, Black Lives Matter and tons of Black celebs yet kiss up to white people. He was also skeptical towards Obama. He seemed like he was a closet Republican for years.

It wasn't until Trump came into office that Lemon became "woke" and starting bashing Republicans. Which shows he's all about the money and does whatever CNN pays him to do. Either way he's kind of a joke to journalism since he can't be impartial and remove emotion from his reporting.

Don Lemon should play Tom from The Boondocks actually if they make a live action remake.

by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2021 6:22 PM

[Quote]He would bash people from the ghetto, Black activists, the Ferguson riots, Black Lives Matter and tons of Black celebs yet kiss up to white people. He was also skeptical towards Obama. He seemed like he was a closet Republican for years.

R20 How do you know this? Have you socialized with him? I don't recall him insinuating any of this through his CNN broadcasts.

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2021 6:42 PM

R15

Many gay couples like to joke about having babies as if one of them actually will become pregnant. It is of course rubbish, but is right up there with gays calling each other by female pronouns and so forth.

If the comment about body bouncing back was left out it could have meant younger partner would be donating sperm.

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2021 6:59 PM

R21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2021 7:18 PM

Poor r15. Born without any sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 24April 4, 2021 7:18 PM

R21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2021 7:19 PM

R21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]Of course he has a white lover, the black gay men who scream the most about social justice always do.

It’s not just black gay men, but black people in general. Look at Tamron - she had her baby with a white man. Black people are always talking about being proud of being black, yet only want someone white.

by Anonymousreply 27April 4, 2021 7:30 PM

Lemon, 54, and Malone, 36 - I don't know which I'm more surprised about that Lemon is 54 or Malone is only 36.

Of course, we don't even need to go into the age difference.

That's like shooting fish in a barrel - what's the DL version of that - snatching a purse flying out of mouths at stylists' convention?

by Anonymousreply 28April 4, 2021 7:36 PM

R27

My issue is not who they date. Sexual racial preferences or whatever are something that's personal. My issue is the hypocrisy of people like Don Lemon. He spent years bashing lower-class and uneducated Black people and generalizing the Black community as bad. Now, if he was hosting discussions on fixing problems within the Black community in a Black space then that would be fine. But he did this on national TV on CNN for a majority-white audience and seemed to fulfill the stereotypical "good, safe Black man" who is not like the other Blacks. It's not that difference from people like Candace Owens and Stacey Dash though he never went as far as they did in terms of their deplorableness or homophobia obviously being a gay man. But still he only became pro-Black and "woke" after Trump was elected and CNN told him to get with it. I don't find him sincere at all because of the 180 turn he pulled.

by Anonymousreply 29April 4, 2021 7:38 PM

White cracks, Black don't, R28.

by Anonymousreply 30April 4, 2021 7:50 PM

Lemon looks 50+ now.

by Anonymousreply 31April 4, 2021 7:54 PM

Just so irritating that he plugged his book on his show for months.

Isn’t that like Cuomo interviewing his brother?

CNN needs to silence that.

by Anonymousreply 32April 4, 2021 7:58 PM

MSNBC stars like Rachel Maddow and Chris Hayes also get their books logrolled by other MSNBC stars.N

by Anonymousreply 33April 4, 2021 8:04 PM

Lemmon's cute, but showing his age.

by Anonymousreply 34April 4, 2021 8:07 PM

Ugh, Lemon,

by Anonymousreply 35April 4, 2021 8:07 PM

He carried on so badly on air after Aretha passed there was even a thread about it on here. Acted like he lost a close friend. It was completely over the top.

Meanwhile, he was partying out in the Hamptons the day of her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 36April 4, 2021 8:18 PM

That's a pretty rough 36....

by Anonymousreply 37April 4, 2021 8:20 PM

They have to be the blandest two people I've ever seen. You would think adding some coffee into the cream would liven it up, but no, they both have to be the most generic people anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 38April 4, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote] I was going to make a comment about them being too old, but apparently the fiancé is only 36. I thought he was 50+.

Wait, I thought they were both the same age - mid-50s. They look about equal age-wise so it’s shocking that the fiancé is 20 years younger. Don’t white gays moisturize or do skin care?

by Anonymousreply 39April 4, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote]What does this mean? The husband is going to be the primary carer for the kid?

No, it’ll be easier for him to lose the pregnancy weight, which I don’t even know if it’s true. Blacks can lose weight easier than whites.

by Anonymousreply 40April 4, 2021 8:37 PM

Ugh Don wants viewers to think he is a small town southern boy.

But he is living the high life in Sag Harbor & Harlem.

by Anonymousreply 41April 4, 2021 8:53 PM

[quote]That's a pretty rough 36....

Don doesn’t care. He’s just happy to have a white kang!

by Anonymousreply 42April 4, 2021 9:42 PM

What’s a white Kang?

by Anonymousreply 43April 4, 2021 11:19 PM

Don is 55. Not one is this kid going to grow up with two dads, but at his high school graduation, one of his dads will be 75 years old. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Most people still need their parents into their 20s, 30s, and 40s. To have a kid at that age, gay or straight, is pretty selfish.

But on the other hand, if he kicks the bucket, the partner is young enough to finish raising the kid. And the partner will get Don's CNN money.

by Anonymousreply 44April 4, 2021 11:27 PM

Gays shouldn’t raise children.

by Anonymousreply 45April 4, 2021 11:28 PM

R45 Go take a nap on the freeway.

by Anonymousreply 46April 4, 2021 11:57 PM

[quote]What’s a white Kang?

It’s a joke. Google it if you don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2021 12:02 AM

Maybe we need to make an inoculation that renders men’s sperm unviable at 45 or 50?

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2021 12:08 AM

Andy, Anderson, now Don.

Maybe DTM is next too for surrogate.

These guys want to spread their seed for legacy.

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2021 12:14 AM

Shepard Smith better get moving. He's already 57.

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2021 12:22 AM

Like other gay celebs, Don want babies as a status symbol, like owning a Tesla.

by Anonymousreply 51April 5, 2021 12:26 AM

R48 your dad should have been on that list at 16 years old

by Anonymousreply 52April 5, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] Tim is definitely going to have to be the one to have the kid because he’s younger. His body will bounce back faster.

[quote] What does this mean? The husband is going to be the primary carer for the kid?

Probably means that Tim will be the sperm donor. Older sperm may cause problems, I guess.

Whoever makes less money (betw. Don & husband) will probably end up doing more hands-on child care.

I'm sure these 2 will hire nannies to "help out."

by Anonymousreply 53April 5, 2021 12:39 AM

R14, same here. Sheesh, 36? He's gonna need (more) work in another 4-5 years.

by Anonymousreply 54April 5, 2021 12:43 AM

If Tim is the donor, I wonder if they'll use a POC egg donor.

by Anonymousreply 55April 5, 2021 12:44 AM

No, Don doesn’t want a black baby.

by Anonymousreply 56April 5, 2021 12:45 AM

Don's baby will be whiter than Paris Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2021 12:47 AM

I'm shocked that "The Tamron Hall Show" is still in existence.

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2021 12:53 AM

R56 Sad thing is you know that’s probably how he feels.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2021 12:54 AM

Don needs some Visine or something. His eyes are so red!

by Anonymousreply 60April 5, 2021 12:55 AM

Don is 55 years old. Does she want to be 75 years old at her kids high school graduation?

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote] No, Don doesn’t want a black baby.

Then he'd better adopt.

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2021 1:13 AM

Will the BRF be asking about the color of Don’s baby?

by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2021 1:15 AM

Well r4 r27 r29..... some people shade Don Lemon for his white husband, but Jussie EXCLUSIVELY takes dates dark chocolate mens and nobody likes him either 😆

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2021 2:17 AM

Ah yes, another instance of men using women's bodies for their benefit.

I like Don, but he can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2021 2:38 AM

mixed baby?

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2021 2:40 AM

R2, Yousa a dumb ass bitch. MLK Jr. would welcome interracial marriage. Wouldn't he's being gay that fucks white men only make him more revolutionary, and woke in your distorted liberal worked view?

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2021 2:43 AM

On another note just as with (rumored) Donald Trump and scores of other old men who have kids, those children are entitled to Social Security benefits once parent begins drawing SS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2021 4:02 AM

R68, I had no idea about that. That's fucked up. If you're a man who chooses to knock up your trophy wife, or if you're a woman who uses donor sperm or eggs as part of your mid-life crisis, then you should work longer to financially support your decision.

I have a relative who is on disability. Doesn't have to work and gets a check each month. It's not as good as working, but at least she gets to stay home with the kids, and now doesn't have to pay for child care. BUT...each kid is also receiving a disability-check even though neither has any health problems. Because the mom gets a payout, the dependent kids do, too. Her spouse has a solid job with great pay and benefits.

by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2021 4:08 AM

How would Trump's kids be eligible. It says dependent children. They are not dependent.

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2021 4:14 AM

R70, Barron is dependent. Tiffany may have been dependent for a year or so when Trump became eligible.

by Anonymousreply 71April 5, 2021 4:18 AM

R69

There was an older male member of Congress (senator?) several years back though far from poor (in fact rather well off) whose children were getting SS payments because he "retired" as in collecting SS, so his young dependent children were eligible.

Situation was as another poster described IIRC, older man married a younger woman and began breeding children.

At time story made news media and congressman in question defended the situation and squashed any ideas of SS payments to children being means tested.

Again no small number of children of elder fathers or mothers are receiving payments. If they do nothing else but put that money into investments over a ten or whatever year period will have a sizable nest egg when they age out of SS payments.

by Anonymousreply 72April 5, 2021 5:12 AM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2021 5:13 AM

It gets better...

Though perverse nature of SS benefits Mrs. Trump could have received payments for providing "care" to young Barron Trump until he was 16 years of age. MT also qualifies for spousal SS benefits as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 5, 2021 5:15 AM

WTF would Melania get paid SS to "care" for Barron when she chose to marry an OLD ass man and have a kid with him?

by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2021 5:18 AM

Anderson Cooper who will reach SS age in about ten or so years if he files would make his son eligible for SS payments, *junior* will only be about 11 or 12 if one has numbers correct.

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2021 5:19 AM

R75

Same reasons why tons of other women (and now men) who never worked a day in their lives and or for not very long get SS spousal benefits, this regardless of actual financial need. It just is how program is set up.....

Social Security at basic level is an anti-poverty program for women and children of *workers* who historically got sticky end of lollipop if a husband/father failed to provide.

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2021 5:22 AM

How old is this bch damn

by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2021 5:50 AM

Hey Defacto @ R45; Eat the corn out of your parents shit.

by Anonymousreply 79April 5, 2021 6:16 AM

Can he even stop crying long enough to raise kids?

by Anonymousreply 80April 5, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote]Ah yes, another instance of men using women's bodies for their benefit.

Question: Do you bitch like this with the same energy when straight couples use surrogates or when females use sperm banks?🧐

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2021 10:11 AM

Dogs are much easier solution than babies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2021 10:17 PM

I don't like the husband's face. It's unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2021 10:53 PM

“Daddy, will you marry Papa?”

I. Can't. Believe. It.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2021 11:21 PM

My senior citizen mom adores him.

He can adopt her.

by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2021 11:24 PM

Sometimes I think there’s something wrong with me because I’m a 50 something gay man who has no interest in having a goddamn baby. I mean I should want one, but I don’t.

by Anonymousreply 86April 5, 2021 11:37 PM

#ChildFree

by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2021 11:41 PM

Sort of figures he married a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2021 11:59 PM

For what???? He's old as fuck! He's gonna crack his hip chasing the kid around.

by Anonymousreply 89April 6, 2021 12:04 AM

r86 I do find the generational divide on this issue fascinating .It seems from surveys that many younger gay men see it as a unquestioning given that they will be able to pursue having children if they so wish. How many of them ultimately do will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 90April 6, 2021 12:05 AM

Who are all these women who act as surrogates? Seems like easier ways to make a few thousand bucks.

by Anonymousreply 91April 6, 2021 12:07 AM

R90 there is a generation gap right there: Don is old enough to be his bf's father.

by Anonymousreply 92April 6, 2021 12:09 AM

Malone is a real estate agent with hair plugs. Don could have done MUCH better.

by Anonymousreply 93April 6, 2021 12:11 AM

Don Lemon can now join the other awful narcissistic father group consisting of Andy Cohen, Anderson Cooper, and Yom Daley! Those poor children 😞

by Anonymousreply 94April 6, 2021 12:13 AM

We're concerned about... y'know, what the child's skin color will be.

by Anonymousreply 95April 6, 2021 12:17 AM

I like Don, but I'm getting tired of the blushing bride act. Get married, don't get married, who cares? Having kids at age 55 is odd and not for me. Plus Lemon's chatter about it is rather insufferable just like the nauseating "Bro, I love you" and "D. Lemon" bullshit between him and Cuomo on CNN. There is no need for two co-workers to say "I love you" every goddamn night. Their cross-chatter goes on way too long. Their extended love-fest all the time is sickening, inappropriate and cringeworthy.

Zip it, Lemon. STFU and tell Cuomo the same. I am a MSNBC and Lawrence O'Donnell fan so I'm not tuned into CNN all that much. But even the few times I've seen it, it just makes me gag. If you want to see how cross-chatter is done well. Tune into the pass-off between Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell. It's just enough. I have never heard either one of them say "I love you" to each other. And they don't make you want to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 96April 6, 2021 12:20 AM

No one cross-chatters with Brian Williams and I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 97April 6, 2021 12:22 AM

Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper having a babies at 55 aint the same as you and I deciding to have a baby at that age. They are wealthy and it will be their partners and well paid nannies taking care of the day to day tasks that comes with new babies.

by Anonymousreply 98April 6, 2021 12:25 AM

While becoming a first time parent at 55 is definitely pushing it, it’s not all that crazy in monied Manhattan circles. A lot of older parents.

by Anonymousreply 99April 6, 2021 12:31 AM

no one has a kid @ 25 anymore.

he should fit in as an older daddy just fine.

i’m betting they have a kid before the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2021 12:57 AM

[quote.]R99 While becoming a first time parent at 55 is definitely pushing it, it’s not all that crazy in monied Manhattan circles. A lot of older parents.

I’d think someone would be better at parenting when older vs. younger. You just know more.

by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2021 1:00 AM

I had a drink with him years ago. He was weirdly aggressive and argumentative and seemed eager to impress while being incredibly arrogant. I assume he is a "snow queen." He's a bit of an odd duck but doesn't seem like a bad guy.

But I hope the "thinking about starting a family" thing is a publicity stunt because it's really selfish to have a baby at 55. Kids shouldn't have to go through high school praying daddy will live long enough to see them graduate.

by Anonymousreply 102April 6, 2021 1:02 AM

It's so selfish on the kids life r101.

When the kid is 22 and just get started as a real person....their parent is 79? Close to death.

It robs of the kid of having their parent around that long.

by Anonymousreply 103April 6, 2021 1:03 AM

r102 how long ago was this? Were you just acquaintances having drink or was it something more.

by Anonymousreply 104April 6, 2021 1:41 AM

r98 You dont think Anderson and Don will ever change babys nappies or that Elton John ever did so??

by Anonymousreply 105April 6, 2021 1:53 AM

Agree with R103. Parenting doesn't end when the kid turns 18. Most people depend on their parents for support, guidance, and even money into their 20s, 30s, and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 106April 6, 2021 4:33 AM

[quote] Who are all these women who act as surrogates? Seems like easier ways to make a few thousand bucks.

Anderson Cooper’s surrogate got $500,000. What could be an easier way to earn that much?

by Anonymousreply 107April 6, 2021 4:36 AM

[quote] i’m betting they have a kid before the wedding.

And have a kid out of wedlock? Why would they do that unless it was an accident?

by Anonymousreply 108April 6, 2021 4:37 AM

They already have a couple name Malemon. Malone + Lemon.

Their dogs (Barkley Malemon and Boomer Malemon) already use this last name so their children could too.

by Anonymousreply 109April 6, 2021 4:41 AM

If they get pregnant first, they must have a shotgun wedding.

by Anonymousreply 110April 6, 2021 4:41 AM

R107 That carrier must have very special genes to justify half a million.

by Anonymousreply 111April 6, 2021 4:41 AM

Its Tim’s birthday, he seems like a NYC Starfucker.

by Anonymousreply 112April 6, 2021 11:10 PM

Happy 36th birthday, Tim Malemon! 🎂💦🎉

by Anonymousreply 113April 6, 2021 11:12 PM

^^^

the wet emoji, will don & tim make a baby tonight?

by Anonymousreply 114April 6, 2021 11:14 PM

How long will it take Don to gestate?

by Anonymousreply 115April 6, 2021 11:16 PM

"Question: Do you bitch like this with the same energy when straight couples use surrogates or when females use sperm banks?🧐"

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 116April 6, 2021 11:21 PM

R103 fuck off with that nonsense. Having kids young is no guarantee you'll be around for any of it. Have kids at the age you're ready to.

by Anonymousreply 117April 6, 2021 11:24 PM

Don Lemon is not for to be a father. All the video clips of him out in the world will embarrass that poor child and turn it bad.

by Anonymousreply 118April 7, 2021 12:28 AM

[quote]How long will it take Don to gestate?

Donna is well past menopause at 55. She might have to do a Janet Jackson and fake the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 119April 7, 2021 1:04 AM

Give me Richard Quest. Sex, drugs, and did a story on banning babies from business class.

by Anonymousreply 120April 7, 2021 1:45 AM

I had a friend with a very wealthy dad who was in his late 60's when we were in middle school. His mom was his secretary - the total cliche. One advantage of being a senior dad is that you get more time with your children if you are in retirement age when they are still children. They did long trips over the summer, his dad was around a lot to support, and usually this is the period of life when you have the most money.

by Anonymousreply 121April 7, 2021 1:47 AM

Don's father was a lawyer and he died when he was a kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 7, 2021 2:17 AM

I don't know why the phrase "starting a family" bugs me, but it does. Though not as much as "we're pregnant", which is probably what this couple will say when their surrogate conceives.

by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2021 12:44 PM

The phrase "starting a family" invalidates married/partnered couples who don't have kids. A person and his or her partner are already a family. When you have a kid, you are adding to your family, not starting it.

by Anonymousreply 124April 7, 2021 3:11 PM

Get a cat, ladies. You’re both way too old for a baby.

by Anonymousreply 125April 7, 2021 3:31 PM

Of course he’s with a white 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 126April 7, 2021 3:54 PM

He’s a snow queen. He wouldn’t be with a black. He’s terrible

by Anonymousreply 127April 7, 2021 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!