Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What animals do you follow on Instagram?

I'm a big fan of Yohji Kattamoto, he of the underbite and curly whiskers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2021 4:25 PM

Gary, the Canadian cat who likes to hike and ski

Chunk the Groundhog

Cheerio the duck

Cole and Marmalade

Saper Duman

Tinychug

Smoothie the Cat

The cat named Carrot

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2021 2:30 PM

I follow MONKEY BOO on youtube.

He's so FUCKIN CUTE and SMART.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2021 2:33 PM

You guys, I seriously want to introduce you to my actual friend (ok, I have met him) named Pockets Warhol, who is a Capuchin monkey who lives in Toronto. Look him up on Wikipedia. He lives in a lovely monkey sanctuary that has many ex-lab monkeys of different kinds who are having their first chance at any kind of life. Pockets was once a pet (I know, terrible idea) whose owner realized he belonged in a sanctuary to have a better life. One day, he was given the chance to paint as an enrichment activity and he loved it.

He has become an internationally famous artist whose work has been shown in exhibitions. He is a friend of numerous celebs, and recently collaborated on paintings by Belinda Carlisle of GoGos and is the cover of Martin Gore of Depeche Mode’s new album. Ricky Gervais is a friend and collector.

He is on Facebook and Twitter and lives at www.storybookmonkeys.org or .com.

His so wonderful and cheerful. Capuchin monkeys are the most intellectual advanced of monkeys (as opposed to apes) and are also studied for their prowess in economics.

Pockets is so incredibly cute you will die. He is also the happiest animal I have ever seen in my life, happier than my own cats. He is tiny and has a huge personality. There are many videos of him playing and also painting. His paintings go for about $300. Back in the day, Picasso had a painting by a chimp named Congo in his studio and Congo’s work later sold for $30K.

Pockets’s work generate some money which is spent 100 percent on the other monkeys at the sanctuary, none of whom are interested in painting so they do other things for fun.

I would love for you to be aware of him and see his work, because it will show you something about primate cognition. Also, since COVID, the sanctuary, run entirely by volunteers, has been closed entirely to outsiders so the funds generated by quarterly “open days” were not raised. A planned comedy night featuring professional comedians also had to be cancelled.

Another famous resident is the IKEA MONKEY who people heard of internationally when he was found in a shearling coat in the parking lot of a Toronto IKEA years ago. He was taken in by the sanctuary as a baby, and eventually was adopted by an older male baboon named Pierre, who also lives in the sanctuary. The IKEA monkey is named Darwin, by the way.

If any of you would like to buy a Pockets painting, they are carefully shipped around the world. Or if you could spare a few dollars for the sanctuary, which you can donate to on its website (Story Book Farm Primate Sanctuary), I would be so grateful.

Perhaps you heard of Wall Street Bets and how they suddenly adopted dozens and dozens of gorillas online at Dian Fossey Foundation? That was such an unbelievable, joyful event that will be forever remembered in conservation history. The Foundation is so deeply grateful as its provides for its critically endangered animals.

I would be so grateful if any of you could help the monkeys who get literally zero government assistance. Only private donors pay for their food and veterinary work. The volunteers have mostly been in place for over a decade, and many of them do special sabbaticals which they pay for entirely themselves in places from Kenya to Malaysia to Costa Rica to volunteer with other primates in the wild. And most of the volunteers have full time day jobs to boot.

I am a donor myself, and I love these monkeys and volunteers.

Check out Pockets Warhol!

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2021 2:58 PM

TravelingPablo on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2021 3:14 PM

Yohjikattamoto looks like he’s showing up for the early bird special at the Baths!

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2021 3:26 PM

banksy_thedog

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2021 3:31 PM

Loki the Raven. He is smart, naughty and adorable. He likes to steal sponges and other things and he has a nice voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2021 3:58 PM

Just Esther. She threw a tantrum last night because dinner was a bit late.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2021 4:08 PM

Finnegan Fox although he is a YouTube Star

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2021 6:58 PM

Pockets Warhol, the painting monkey

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2021 11:25 PM

A little documentary on Pockets Warhol, renowned painter and monkey, made by CBC Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2021 8:17 PM

OP that is awful. Inbreeding animals to that degree is not cool.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2021 8:24 PM

Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2021 8:30 PM

All of them.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2021 8:33 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2021 5:16 PM

Thurston Waffles, fluffy and evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2021 5:22 PM

R16. Thurston Waffles is incredibly cute and beautiful. Is he a Turkish Angora by any chance? The owner’s voice is really creepy though.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2021 1:57 AM

I believe the owner of Thurston did a cat DNA test and found out he was a mix of breeds, R17.

The owner has always had a strange voice, he kind of exaggerates it these days. He sounds like a cartoon character.

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 7:47 AM

Good grief, WTF is that thing?! If I saw that coming towards me, I would run like hell!

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 11:40 AM

@travelingPablo

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2021 1:25 PM

The FUCK is that OP?

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2021 1:30 PM

The whole motley crew of @wolfgang2242.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2021 2:32 PM

I follow Dean and his cat Nala on both YT and IG as they trek across the world mostly on bike. Dean’s IG account in in the video’s descriptions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2021 3:04 PM

I follow this little one.

i once had a Westie and this one is as good as it gets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2021 4:23 PM

Actually this one's better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2021 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!