Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For once and for all: goddamned AstraZeneca

My BF (aged 56 and fat) here in Canada has been offered the chance to get shot 1 of AstraZeneca on Monday. I am actually not so worried about the blood clots (since he is not a young woman on the Pill), but I am worried about that 65% effectiveness thing for the 1st shot. Sixty-five percent doesn’t sound too fucking great to me.

And if he tries to wait for Moderna, etc., here in Canada, he could wait months.

What if AZ is totally banned here and he then can’t get shot number 2? This is actually possible. Is there some other vaccine that would suffice as number 2?

Please give me advice if you know anything about medicines, etc.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 9:18 PM

65% is to prevent any infection but I believe a higher percentage against severe cases.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2021 9:54 PM

The main reason by J&J and AZ have seemingly lower effectiveness is that they were actually tested against the newer variants.

Pfizer and Moderna weren’t originally so they seem to have higher effectiveness if you rely solely on the original studies.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2021 9:56 PM

They all stop severe disease and hospitalziation

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2021 9:56 PM

Choosy Canadians choose Phizer.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2021 9:57 PM

I had the AZ jab, my dad had it, my boyfriend has had it.

No side effects. All ok. High efficacy rates. Very happy.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2021 9:59 PM

I don’t care about side effects. My concern is will the one shot work? Oh and here in goddamn Canada, he will get shot number 2 in 3-5 months, although the manufacturer intended 28 days. Why? Because we have almost no fucking vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2021 10:05 PM

Take it! Don’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2021 10:06 PM

R1 I also know nothing about medicines, etc. but I distrust anything containing the letter 'Z'.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2021 10:26 PM

OP, one dose will stop you getting severe COVID.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2021 10:27 PM

Stop being such a paintywaist neurotic panicky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2021 10:33 PM

Pfizer is the Joey Hetherton of vaccines

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2021 10:37 PM

1 shot of AZ now is better than waiting god knows how long for anything else.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2021 10:41 PM

Since it's so shitty in there in Canada you had better take what you can get, think about it, who knows it may be the only one you can get. Get it and worry later.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2021 10:42 PM

Tons of co-workers in the UK had the AZ vaccine - no problems at all. And they don't know anyone who had problems.

Get it.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2021 10:45 PM

The best vaccine is the one that you receive, any one that you receive.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2021 10:45 PM

That's actually far more effective than the flu vaccine they make us get every year. I am getting the J&J vaccine next week (fingers crossed) and it's around 65% as well and I am not waiting for another one. I want to get back to going to the movies and out to restaurants and traveling ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2021 10:48 PM

News flash: EMA has concluded there is a link between the deadly blood clots and the vaccine and will include the condition as one of possible side effects of the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2021 2:11 PM

Why do you keep bragging that your BF is fat?

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2021 2:18 PM

One of my Canadian friends said that she has to wait 4 months to get her 2nd astra z shot. She said that Canada wants to get as many as possible on #1 and worry about #2 later.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote]The best vaccine is the one that you receive, any one that you receive.

Think of the vaccine like you think about cock, OP.

Sure that cock might cause anal fissures, or barely touch your insides, but it's still a cock.

by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2021 3:22 PM

I am Canadian and still haven’t been given the first AZ shot.... Or any shot. I am pretty fucking furious at Justin Trudeau. And we are having a big third wave now, so we have to stay indoors still. There is going to be a big impact on our economy and many unnecessary deaths.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 9:04 PM

OP, Don’t let him get the vaccine. 31 million of us in the UK have received a first dose of vaccination (the vast majority of them AZ) and we are all dead now.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 9:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!