Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL and Gay Icons STEPS & Michelle Visage have world wide smash hit with "Heartbreak in This City."

Amazing singing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2021 2:14 AM

Are you joking?

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2021 1:35 AM

^ No.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2021 1:41 AM

J’adore

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2021 1:42 AM

I can’t stand Michelle and can’t stand RuPaul for giving her a platform.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2021 1:43 AM

yummy!

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2021 1:45 AM

Shady bitches!

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2021 1:48 AM

I wonder if Michelle's former group mates in Seduction, April, Idalis and later Sinoa, feel left out?

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2021 1:52 AM

𝕤𝕖𝕩-𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠𝕠

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2021 4:59 AM

I actually don't watch drag race (should I hand in my gay card?). So what's up with all the Michelle hate?

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2021 5:40 AM

Claire sings fat.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2021 6:05 AM

Fat yummy pussy! Delish!

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2021 6:10 AM

R9 She's female.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2021 6:21 AM

Yay, Hi-NRG is back!

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2021 6:28 AM

Well.......looking back, I guess Cardi B's "Wet Ass Pussy" wasn't that bad after all!

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2021 6:50 AM

luv it!

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2021 4:26 PM

If I want to listen to people from Drag Race who can't sing, I'll put on my RuPaul CD.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2021 4:36 PM

R16 LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2021 7:39 AM

Claire is a cunt. Michelle is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2021 7:51 AM

Zero talent low-IQ dog shit for idiots.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2021 7:59 AM

Oh my, thats awful.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2021 9:09 AM

It's nice that they let Lisa Scott Lee Latchford Evans have a couple of lines each.

Poor Lisa, stuck in her high rise apartment in Dubai.

Michelle Visage was one of the main guests on Graham Norton and she mentioned how she and Faye became friends because they'd both had Giovanni as their dance partner on Strictly. Which reminded me of Michelle's AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL copy of Madonna's MTV Vogue performance. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2021 9:19 AM

It’s like a typical UK Eurovision entry.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2021 9:24 AM

What was awful about that R21? Better than what I expected.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2021 9:31 AM

I learned about the Steps from DL when their comeback album came out about two years ago and really love them. Bright disco pop.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2021 11:06 AM

The video looks like a Coop board meeting at a facelift factory.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2021 11:19 AM

H has always made me cringe, so desperate for fame and attention and yet there is nothing special about him that would make him a star.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2021 11:47 AM

[quote]What was awful about that [R21]? Better than what I expected.

The absolute lack of originality was what was wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2021 11:47 AM

[quote]H has always made me cringe, so desperate for fame and attention and yet there is nothing special about him that would make him a star.

The most irritating thing about H for me is that for years he was happy to stay hidden in the closet in a relationship with the Steps manager until his career had declined to such an extent he was reduced to doing Celebrity Big Brother - he announced he was gay the day the series started. That was the series when Shilpa Shetty was racially abused by Jade Goody and H did nothing to intervene.

And then he dumped his manager boyfriend, hooked up with someone else, they spent a long time together as a couple, had twins by surrogate and had an acrimonious split shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2021 12:04 PM

I love Steps (and fuck you Claire haters - the woman's got a smashing voice) - maybe the song is not that great but it's certainly no worse than anything Dua Lipa, Bieber or that Eilish bitch has put out recently.

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2021 12:16 PM

very sexy!

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2021 5:52 PM

Is the dark-haired guy gay? I forget. I remember he had a sexy photo of him in a shower. It was for some magazine spread. Attitude maybe.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2021 5:55 PM

Oh yeah this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2021 5:56 PM

Sadly Lee is straight

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2021 6:14 PM

They're no Seduction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2021 6:20 PM

Lee has spawned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2021 3:38 PM

These old whores think they're the new ABBA! I doesn't work that way bitches!!! You can't be the same age as ABBA and at the same time be the new ABBA!!!

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2021 3:48 PM

I always hoped Lee and Lisa would hook up and have a triplets called Leigh, Scott and Evan so they'd be Leigh Latchford Evans Scott Lee, Evan Latchford Evans Scott Lee and Scott Latchford Evans Scott Lee.

Lisa's kids with Johnny Shentall from Hear'say are called Jaden and Lily.

Lisa's best friend Terri Dwyer, who tragically lost both her parents at a young age, has kids called Caiden and Kylan.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2021 4:18 PM

I always wanted Michelle Visage as my big sister.

by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2021 5:06 PM

Who the fuck is Michelle Vissage!

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2021 5:08 PM

I'm perpetually amused that H has aged like milk while Lee has aged like a fine wine.

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2021 5:12 PM

H has had major preservation work done. Pity the work didn't come with a guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2021 5:14 PM

[quote]Who the fuck is Michelle Vissage!

She's a French orthodontist who found fame on a reality show where she sang Celine Dion's Ce n'était qu'un rêve while she milked a cow with her feet and played a violin.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2021 5:17 PM

If I ever meet a queen who likes Steps I will plant drugs on him and call the cops.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2021 5:18 PM

Though it's always depressing that the Gay One in any group is never also the Hot One.

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2021 5:19 PM

What is this shit?

I only listen to K-pop.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote]Though it's always depressing that the Gay One in any group is never also the Hot One.

Duncan from Blue says hi.

But generally speaking, yes.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2021 5:21 PM

The gay one from Westlife was the cutest one of the group too. Unfortunately he later gained weight and turned into something resembling Sam Smith's dad.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote]The gay one from Westlife was the cutest one of the group too. Unfortunately he later gained weight and turned into something resembling Sam Smith's dad.

Nicky >>> Shane >>> Kian >>> Mark

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2021 5:34 PM

R48 Nicky - the hottest one?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2021 5:50 PM

Absolutely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2021 5:53 PM

It's too bad the gay one is said to be a huge shitbag.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2021 6:05 PM

R21 Faye Dunaway was on Strictly Dancing?

I must see this!

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2021 6:07 PM

Well H and Claire left Steps to become the flop duo which is why the two of them are the most reviled.

Plus they both seem like huge cunts.

Is Claire fat again? Is she eating her pain away?

by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2021 7:17 PM

r7, I don't know about Sinoa, but I'm sure Idalis and April (especially April) have no fucks to give. I know April and Michelle hated each other the entire lifespan of their working relationship. Idalis and Michelle had a falling out after Idalis quit Seduction - she thought Michelle should have quit when Idalis did. Michelle wanted to continue with a new girl (Sinoa), so she stayed. I'm not sure if Idalis and she have patched things up or not.

by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2021 7:21 PM

A few years ago a bakery posted about Claire's mother, and how she'd ordered a birthday cake for Claire's 40th but it wasn't what she wanted.

[quote]💕Happy 40th Birthday Claire!! 💞This is the cake your mum sent back because she said it was "red", not pink (🎼nor a deeper shade of blue🎤) and that you are a celebrity. And that the doughnuts were soft (not hard like all other doughnuts...), and you are a celebrity. And you have 300k followers and are a celebrity. And if she didn't get a refund and replacement you'd be very upset because you are a celebrity with a lot of followers. It's such a 🎼tragedy🎤 because I honestly think you'd have loved this cake. I'll take a deep breath...5, 6, 7, 8...and "step" over it though BECAUSE THE CAKE IS CLEARLY PINK 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️ 🎼Somethings are better best forgotten...💓🎤

When a woman has been so open about her weight and eating habits you have to wonder why her mother would request a cake that celebrates unhealthy food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2021 7:25 PM

That cake was probably too small for Claire.

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2021 7:28 PM

This is the first time I have heard of STEPS, and only know Michelle Visage from Drag Race and her attempt to be big in the UK by doing reality tv there. She is very clearly not a vocalist, despite being in a music group in her early days. This is just a bland, cookie cutter, auto-tuned to within an inch of its life pop song but what struck me was how old everyone was! These people are too old to be caring about the heartbreak hotel. Build a bridge and move on, bitches. Also, with all of the budget CGI all I could picture was how awkward it must have been to film. I did like that there were two gay men in the band. Are the women also gay? I couldn't watch until the end.

by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2021 7:41 PM

Michelle was a judge on Ireland's Got Talent for several seasons. She and the other judges got along great, which is rare for those types of shows. They could try putting her with Sharon Osbourne and see how that works out.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2021 12:11 AM

I am picturing Claire's mother being the Uxbridge equivalent of Honey Boo Boo's Mama June.

BTW, Claire lays the blame for her weight battles on her pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2021 12:16 AM

I love this song! I love the fans dance the same dance moves out in the audience. Hee!

C'mon that's a fucking great stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2021 12:19 AM

Could Claire's hips get any wider?

Interesting that they allowed H to dance with a man during the opening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2021 12:23 AM

H really likes attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 13, 2021 12:29 AM

H didn't care too much for the attention he received when another musician with the same name was found guilty of child sex offences and people were mixing the two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 13, 2021 12:33 AM

by Anonymousreply 64April 13, 2021 4:20 AM

I don't hate it. But I have affection for cheese.

by Anonymousreply 65April 13, 2021 4:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 13, 2021 10:26 AM

What is it with gays guys rubbing their junk on tanning beds?

by Anonymousreply 67April 13, 2021 3:30 PM

I don't mind the song, it's pretty disposable and overproduced like most pop music these days, but at least it has a hummable melody. I am also confused by the Visage hate on here, but I don't watch Drag Race either so maybe it's something she did on there. I just remember her standing up for gays on Big Brother when Perez Hilton was being such an obnoxious piece of shit.

I have to give STEPS credit for knowing exactly what kind of group they are and continuing to make a career out of it. They realised they were a nostalgia / novelty act and play up those camp elements. They're basically a meme at this point but they've made it work in spades and know not to take themselves too seriously. Probably why they still have some public visibility today. If Tik Tok had been around during their peak years, I have a feeling so many of their songs would have been huge on the platform with those simple little dances (lol). I used to love this chorus:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 13, 2021 7:29 PM

Steps' music is fun and I have to give them credit. They do sing live in their most recent tours and they sound really good. I think they did a lot of lip-synching in their early days but they could easily just cash the cheque and lip, but they don't. Claire may be a bitch but she can sing. And I've heard they treat their fans really well at Meet and Greets.

Their last album was really good. Scared of the Dark is a great song, as is Story of a Heart.

I'm not as crazy about their new stuff. It seems a bit faceless.

by Anonymousreply 69April 13, 2021 7:33 PM

They must be making decent money from their tours, the 2021 one will be their third since 2017.

by Anonymousreply 70April 13, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote]I have to give STEPS credit for knowing exactly what kind of group they are and continuing to make a career out of it. They realised they were a nostalgia / novelty act and play up those camp elements.

When Bananarama went back to an Aitkenless Stock and Waterman in 1992, they honed what Pete Waterman called "AbbaBanana". The album and its first two singles - Movin' On and Last Thing On My Mind weren't hits.

After 5678 was a medium hit 6 years later Pete Waterman had them re-record Last Thing On My Mind and carried on with the AbbaBanana sound.

The difference with Steps (sorry Sara, Keren and Lisa) was that Faye and Claire could really belt out a tune.

by Anonymousreply 71April 13, 2021 8:14 PM

Another thing to add to R71 is that the mid 90s were when Abba ceased to be embarrassing music your parents listened to and became retro-kitsch-cool, so Steps's Abba-lite sound found a willing audience of young people.

by Anonymousreply 72April 13, 2021 8:19 PM

Bananarama released Movin' On a couple of months before Abba Gold was released, and that in response to Erasure's Abbaesque singles making #1. Abba Gold made #1 in its first week and staying in the top 10 for months, going on to become one of the best selling albums ever in the UK.

Steps recorded Movin' On for the Steptacular album (a really piss poor cover) and covered Lay All Your Love On Me and I Know Him So Well for the Abbamania album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 13, 2021 8:34 PM

And then there were the Steps rip offs.

Always loved For Sure by Scooch which had some Stock and maybe Aitken involvement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 13, 2021 8:36 PM

And Steps covered Better the Devil You Know, which is inferior to Kylie's but still successful for them.

by Anonymousreply 75April 13, 2021 8:39 PM

And then there was Pop! which Pete Waterman had some involvement in.

Jamie Tinkler was the blond guy - he'd been on X Factor - and Glenn Ball was a dancer who was hired for his looks and not his singing. He's done a lot of tours and videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2021 8:39 PM

^ I like "When My Baby" better. And Scooch was a Stock Aitken project (as was Girls @ Play).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2021 2:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!