Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Trial of Derek Chauvin, P2

Continue on...part one below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 19, 2021 9:28 PM

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2021 7:08 PM

I think the hot paramedic scared off the defense attorney. Ha. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2021 7:10 PM

Thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2021 7:11 PM

Seth the paramedic is so hot and sweet! He really turned me on a made me feel alive today.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2021 7:30 PM

I'm waiting for a George Floyd Remembrance Day, national holiday to celebrate the life of a drug dealer, convict. All those weeping people on the witness stand are obviously crying because they won't see a cent of that twenty seven million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2021 7:47 PM

Because I have r5 blocked, I assume the trolls have already descended on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2021 7:55 PM

I have blocked him/her as well. I do not know if it is one vile motherfucker or many with sock puppet accounts, but I have for the first time started blocking the racists, ant-vaxers, homophobic, ect. trolls on DL. Muriel should step up and end this shit.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2021 8:16 PM

It's really been out of control the past few days r7. Muriel deleted the UberEats thread on Sunday/Monday (it got reposted), but since then, I've seen little real moderation.

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2021 8:21 PM

I would gladly pay more money to be a member if we had more help here with these hateful, divisive trolls. I feel we have to confront them because we have a moral responsibly to not let them influence our young here on DL. I am also proud as hell of the people here who very intelligently and effectively do just that. Yet I know how exhausting that must be. I try but I have a temper and so I am not as effective as most here. I am so proud of my fellow DL'ers. 😊

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2021 8:27 PM

Looks like the defense gave up. They are listless and basically proving the prosecution's case. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2021 9:21 PM

R8 Once again, the Uber thread wasn’t “reposted.” I posted the story originally and then someone else posted it. It’s not unusual for the same story to be posted on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2021 10:01 PM

Whatever, r10. Ultimately, that's not the point. One thread stayed, and one was deleted. They were both chock full of racist garbage, though.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2021 10:06 PM

R12's going crazy.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2021 10:09 PM

Whatever, r11. Ultimately, that's not the point. One thread stayed, and one was deleted. They were both chock full of racist garbage, though.

Apologies to r10!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2021 10:15 PM

I admit I haven't followed this case all that closely, but I don't understand what Floyd having a drug problem has to do with his death. Even if the drugs in his system increased the likelihood of death, surely the only thing that matters legally is that if Chauvin hadn't knelt on his neck, he would still be alive?

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2021 10:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2021 10:23 PM

R15- They can not defend his death, not 9 damn minutes choking off oxygen to a human being. They are trained in this. They knew exactly what they were doing. I have no idea why he isn't charged with first degree murder. This will be another "put the victim on trial" defense. It is despicable, but honestly all the defense has . Jmo

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2021 10:41 PM

I'm not watching any of the trial, our local news have snippets . I was surprised, tuned into BBC World News and they were carrying the trial.

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2021 10:41 PM

Derek Chauvin must be found guilty. He knew exactly what he was doing. He had multiple people screaming at him to stop what he was doing. If he had just moved his knee, George Floyd would still be alive today. But no. He wanted to show what a big, strong, masculine MAN he was by flaunting his authority. And he thought he could away with it because it was a black man and nobody cares what you do to a black person. Well, he needs to see he is wrong and suffer consequences for it. We need to show everyone that cops are not above the law and that racism will not be tolerated in this country.

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2021 11:04 PM

This is why the psycho cops think they can kill without question, because they have been allowed to for so long. Cell phone cameras play a hugh part in the public becoming aware of just how dangerous these cops have become, imo. You are right that they have to be shown those days are over and they will be held accountable for their actions. That it has been allowed to go on this long is a travesty. Black, white, yellow, brown- doesn't matter- that man was an america citizen executed on the street by the very people we pay to protect us. A fucking travesty. That was cold blooded murder.

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2021 11:24 PM

There's nothing else on the news networks. This is the most important event in human history.

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2021 11:25 PM

When a country's police force are allowed to murder it's citizens we should All be fucking enraged and terrified. I wanted to march with BLM, but that was their moment, so I stood on the side of the road and cheered them on, as did many, many people in my backwater southern town. These are our neighbors, nurses, friends, coworkers,ect, getting killed because of racist psychopaths. No fucking more.

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2021 11:33 PM

It makes me sad that a big chunk of the gay community maintains deplorable views--as an oppressed community, I expect more empathy toward other minorities. I'm glad to hear your voices though, R22, R20, R19, R17.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2021 11:40 PM

As soon as that paramedic took a seat I knew he’d be making mamma’s mussy moist.

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2021 11:48 PM

I don't understand it at all either, R34. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2021 11:49 PM

R25 is a time traveler.

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote]I admit I haven't followed this case all that closely, but I don't understand what Floyd having a drug problem has to do with his death. Even if the drugs in his system increased the likelihood of death, surely the only thing that matters legally is that if Chauvin hadn't knelt on his neck, he would still be alive?

Defense is hoping that this will be enough of a "reasonable doubt" for one of the stupider jurors.

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2021 12:10 AM

How many here have a friend or family member who has struggled with addiction? I am raising my hand because I have several who have. Some survived addiction to become hard working, contributing members of society. Two sadly died of addiction. Did I love them less? Hell no. Did they deserve to be brutally murdered on the street by the very people paid to protect us? I do not think that defense will do anything other cause disgust for the defense lawyer .

by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2021 12:24 AM

I was thinking dirty thoughts about the paramedic, too.

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2021 12:34 AM

So what if he used drugs? So what if he used a counterfeit dollar bill? Neither of those are crimes punishable by the death penalty so they shouldn't have been treated like they were. And even if they were, he is entitled to a trial. He gets murdered in the streets while Derek Chauvin gets to have his day in court.

They're going to try to blame his drug addictions and COVID for his death. I hope the jurors won't buy into it. Maybe they did contribute to it. But there would be no death TO contribute to if that bastard's knee wasn't on his neck. All that means is that there are other factors that made him easier to murder. It doesn't cancel out the act of murder. I don't see how the verdict can be anything other than guilty. I hope and pray they'll make the right decision.

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2021 12:43 AM

Let's be real here. If it was a fucking Karen that got pulled over, out of her mind due to an addiction to oxys, and several cops suffocated her to death like that, her family would be billionaires from it.

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2021 12:43 AM

Regardless of drugs, previous arrests, covid and passing a bad bill he was entitled to a trial.

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2021 12:46 AM

If one group of people have no rights, none of us truly do. I wish people understood this.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2021 12:52 AM

Enjoy this rather horrifying story, r31

She asked repeatedly to go to the hospital and was denied. She ended up vomiting in her cell several times. Instead of getting her medical care, they brought her a mop; she is shown on security camera struggling to clean it up. A deputy reportedly told her, "“Unfortunately, since you’re DT’ing I’m not going to take you over to the hospital right now just to get your fix.”

The family settled for $2 million.

Being a "Karen" isn't enough to save everyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2021 12:53 AM

The police are overrun with bullies and narcissistic incompetence. Those are unions that should be broken up.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2021 1:15 AM

'I'm waiting for a George Floyd Remembrance Day, national holiday to celebrate the life of a drug dealer, convict. All those weeping people on the witness stand are obviously crying because they won't see a cent of that twenty seven million dollars.'

FUCK OFF KLAN GRANNY!

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2021 1:16 AM

Die Chauvin

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2021 1:18 AM

Yes, die. With a damn knee on your neck.

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2021 1:23 AM

Anybody who defends this thug cop—-may you have a run in with a cop like him who has disdain for you. You’re all begging karma to pay you a visit. And she will.

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2021 1:26 AM

Chauvin's former supervisor was sued by a prostitute he busted undercover in 2009. Apparently, he went undercover to a massage parlor to entrap these women into blowing him. He set up the transaction and allowed the woman to go down on him (or jerk him off, forget which one). Then arrested her for prostitution.

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2021 1:29 AM

If they find him not guilty the city should burn, and not just the center, they should take it to the suburbs and the "nice" areas, people need to be scared. The other cities will follow suit.

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2021 3:08 AM

And r41 how will that help anything? Societal collapse does nothing positive. And if the cities and suburbs burn, who is going to pay for all the benefits?

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2021 3:09 AM

I can understand why the bystanders didn't want to get involved, but what about the 3 other cops? They should have demanded Chauvin should back off of Floyd. Why didn't they do anything???

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2021 3:36 AM

[quote]I can understand why the bystanders didn't want to get involved, but what about the 3 other cops?

And break their vow of omertĂ ? It was clear that even the dispatcher knew she was doing something that just isn't done when she started her call to the supervisor with, "you can call me a snitch if you want to..."

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2021 3:56 AM

More on the ginger

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2021 9:14 AM

Who is testifying now?

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2021 2:27 PM

The top cop just testified. He pretty much agreed Chauvin killed Floyd by not following protocol. There is no defence.

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2021 3:52 PM

Homicide Lt Zimmerman was last up and he had sent a letter of complaint regarding Chauvin's behavior in the George Floyd incident.

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2021 4:05 PM

I can't stand this douche defense attorney but he's probably the only one they could find to do this dirty work.

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2021 4:11 PM

I guess the defense is now trying to prove Zimmerman doesn’t have experience dealing with using force. But the guy is an investigator. He examines after the fact. It’s his job to actually investigate use of force. God I hate the defense attorneys. I know Chauvin is entitled to a defense but this is infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2021 4:14 PM

Eric Nelson is certainly trying to stretch Zimmerman's words a bit too much. Surprised no objections.

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2021 4:26 PM

He just asked if an officer is in the fight of his life is it correct that he is allowed to use any means necessary to protect himself. Chauvin wasn't in the fight of his life!

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2021 4:28 PM

I know r52. The district attorney should point this out on redirect.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2021 4:28 PM

But the handcuffs could have been too big!

But the handcuffs could have popped off!

But the handcuffs could have been surreptitiously swapped with easily broken ones made of papier-mùché!

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2021 4:32 PM

Don’t feel bad R50. My brother is a criminal defense attorney and is the biggest douche.

by Anonymousreply 55April 2, 2021 4:36 PM

Redirect was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2021 4:39 PM

Chauvin is going down as he should.

by Anonymousreply 57April 2, 2021 4:44 PM

His defense attorney is awful. His appearance doesn’t help. He needs a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 58April 2, 2021 4:48 PM

Watching MSNBC and Andrea Mitchell was inaccurate. She said that if even one juror voted for a acquittal, Chauvin would be acquitted. Of course, that’s not true. That would result in a hung jury and he can be retried. Btw that testimony from Zimmerman was pretty damning for Chauvin.

by Anonymousreply 59April 2, 2021 4:49 PM

To be fair, r58, to me, this is as open and shut as a case can get. I mean, multiple witnesses, multiple videos, etc. if this were an ordinary murder trial of an ordinary citizen rather than a policeman, it would be over. So the defense attorney doesn’t have much to work with. But he still sucks!

by Anonymousreply 60April 2, 2021 4:52 PM

Hopefully Chauvin's hole will open and never shut in the pen before he gets fried.

by Anonymousreply 61April 2, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote]before he gets fried.

Huh r61?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 2, 2021 5:07 PM

Psst r62 they don't really fry. Dum dum ain't never heard of figure of speech. Chauvin is gonna get what he deserves. Stay on topic, hun.

by Anonymousreply 63April 2, 2021 5:12 PM

I get why Chauvin is incessantly taking notes--he's uncomfortable and unable to emote normally. But it really doesn't make him look good either...is he writing his memoirs? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 64April 2, 2021 5:43 PM

Which paramedic on the scene was hotter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 2, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]Watching MSNBC and Andrea Mitchell was inaccurate. She said that if even one juror voted for a acquittal, Chauvin would be acquitted. Of course, that’s not true

Andrea Mitchell is an ancient old dinosaur who should be forcibly retired. MSNBC would save a lot of $$$ from no longer having to use the Lucy "Mame" lenses.

by Anonymousreply 66April 2, 2021 6:04 PM

The Blacks are already making a list of stores where they will be doing their early Christmas shopping.

by Anonymousreply 67April 2, 2021 7:24 PM

That's not nice r67.

by Anonymousreply 68April 2, 2021 7:25 PM

R68, I have r67 blocked, so I don’t know what it said, but I’m sure it was shit, just like its brains.

by Anonymousreply 69April 2, 2021 8:15 PM

I have r67 blocked too. She's trotted out the same tired line several times now.

by Anonymousreply 70April 2, 2021 8:26 PM

I don't have cable so I've been watching Court TV. They've decided to take George Floyd's side to get the ratings. Usually they have a snide, anti-thug undercurrent- thanks to their baboon-faced host Vinnie (who is noticeably absent because he wants no part of this George Floyd lovefest).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 2, 2021 8:54 PM

You could tell that prosecution lady was getting moist from that ginger paramedic. Her voice was kinda wobbly. I don't blame her: how often do you find a masculine, deep-voiced redhead?

by Anonymousreply 72April 2, 2021 8:58 PM

You can tell it's going bad for the defense because the racist trolls are just desperately repeating the same lies and hateful rhetotic.

by Anonymousreply 73April 2, 2021 9:04 PM

^rhetoric

by Anonymousreply 74April 2, 2021 9:04 PM

"but I don't understand what Floyd having a drug problem has to do with his death."

Because he has was thrashing and twisting and caterwauling like a rodeo animal getting hogtied. And he'd be alive if he had just complied.

They want to say Chauvin had no choice but to knee him down.

by Anonymousreply 75April 2, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote]And he'd be alive if he had just complied.

Thank you for confirming he didn't die from a drug overdose. He was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 76April 2, 2021 9:14 PM

R75 Wrong.

Police should be able to use THEIR training to not murder someone. Chauvin wanted to kill him. Once he was unconscious, Chauvin had NUMEROUS options he did not utilize by choice because HE was emotional.

by Anonymousreply 77April 2, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]Because he has was thrashing and twisting and caterwauling like a rodeo animal getting hogtied. And he'd be alive if he had just complied.

So are you claiming that an out of his mind thrashing twisting etc. druggie is somehow on the same level of comprehension as a sober normal person?

Choose a lane.

by Anonymousreply 78April 2, 2021 9:20 PM

People are high on drugs almost everywhere on the planet every day, resisting arrest, attacking police officers...but somehow only American police officers lack the proper training to handle them and not kill them in the process. The argument that Floyd would be still alive if he had just complied is ridiculous. American police officers should be able to arrest suspects without causing them harm.

by Anonymousreply 79April 2, 2021 9:48 PM

R79 BINGO

American police are infiltrated with white nationalists, racists, and ultra conservatives of all colors and genders. The do-gooders fled or retired from the toxic police culture.

by Anonymousreply 80April 2, 2021 9:53 PM

"attacking police officers"

Just want to be clear--Floyd didn't attack the police officers. Just like he didn't attack or threaten or pose any risk to the clerk who confronted him about the $20 bill. It's a product of our racist police state culture that we let them get away with claiming someone having an episode (whether drug or mental health induced) is a threat or attack on them.

by Anonymousreply 81April 2, 2021 9:56 PM

R81 Wall Street can loot billions from people yet I don’t see them being murdered by cops. The last president murdered 500,000 citizens yet golfs around getting even more obese by the second. Also, not murdered by police.

by Anonymousreply 82April 2, 2021 10:03 PM

r82 I meant to WW you and accidently hit FF. Apologies!!!

by Anonymousreply 83April 2, 2021 10:04 PM

R83 no worries!

by Anonymousreply 84April 2, 2021 10:06 PM

"attacking police officers"

I was talking about people in general, not George Floyd. Watch what happens after a football game all over Europe. Football fans are having fights with police or the rivaling team almost every Saturday. They attack police officers, spit on them, throw rocks and bottles, but no one gets killed. If American police officers handled European football fans, we would probably have hundreds of dead citizens every weekend bc they felt threatened and attacked.

by Anonymousreply 85April 2, 2021 10:10 PM

R85 Not true unless those Europeans were non-white. American cops would never and have never murdered violent white people the way they do violent black people. Then when you add in non-violent black people being murdered by cops, sheesh, it is obvious what is going on.

by Anonymousreply 86April 2, 2021 10:15 PM

I realize that R85, but I just wanted to be clear for the casual reader who is not following the trial. People make all kinds of assumptions when they hear someone was "resisting arrest" but what Floyd was doing was more akin to a panic attack than threatening the police.

by Anonymousreply 87April 2, 2021 10:28 PM

If American blacks lived in the UK and Europe the cops would be shooting them, believe me. Don't act like you're all so enlightened.

by Anonymousreply 88April 3, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] And he'd be alive if he had just complied

And the obvious mindset of Chauvin was that he wasn't going to let this lowlife POS druggie move another motherfucking inch any which way, and then in essence proceed to snuff the life out of Floyd. He knew what he was doing and he did not care. It was an act so egregious, that nothing less than the charge of murder would be appropriate. He should be found guilty.

The arguments constantly being posited here is that Floyd was a recidivist, an addict, and a lost cause and he ultimately caused his own death. He did not deserve to die for his actions.

Over the last couple of decades American LEOs have adopted a military mindset and a warrior mentality where people not of their ilk is the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 89April 3, 2021 12:51 AM

Ultimately, the question is: would George Floyd have died of all other things were the same in that encounter EXCEPT for the knee in the neck. The defense is saying that GF swallowed fentanyl and amphetamines immediately proceeding the police interaction, and then it was only a matter of time before the stress of the police detention, his poor heart, and the drugs combined to cause cardio pulmonary arrest.

That's hard to believe. It makes MUCH more sense that Chauvin killed him by compressing his neck for nine minutes. Unlike many here, I will listen to the defense and see if I buy it or not, but I doubt I will. BTW the fact that Floyd was a prior drug user HELPS the prosecution, so that's really not the point you racists think it is. Either the drugs killed him or Chauvin did, and his prior use means the drugs very likely did not kill him, so who does that leave?

by Anonymousreply 90April 3, 2021 1:07 AM

(R69-70) The truth at times does hurt.

by Anonymousreply 91April 3, 2021 1:36 AM

Yes I'm sure it hurts for R67 to hear he has shit for brains, but it's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 92April 3, 2021 1:51 AM

If he ingested fentanyl right before the altercation this could be what truly killed him, the drug in known to stop your heart.

Now this is not to excuse the cops behavior in any way but I am thinking would the result have been the same with a sober individual, was the pressure enough to kill.

I think that is where the prosecution needs to focus.

by Anonymousreply 93April 3, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote]Now this is not to excuse the cops behavior in any way but I am thinking would the result have been the same with a sober individual, was the pressure enough to kill.

Would the result have been the same with a 90-year-old woman, would the pressure be enough to kill?

You don't get to play what if...the facts are what they are.

by Anonymousreply 94April 3, 2021 3:25 AM

R93 Your attempt at justifying a murder are noted.

by Anonymousreply 95April 3, 2021 3:57 AM

R93 is a notorious Klan Granny.

by Anonymousreply 96April 3, 2021 6:07 AM

[quote] It makes me sad that a big chunk of the gay community maintains deplorable views--as an oppressed community, I expect more empathy toward other minorities. I'm glad to hear your voices though

If other "oppressed communities" had out backs like we have theirs, I might be able to get on board with this statement. It's the not case. So fuck them,

by Anonymousreply 97April 3, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote]If other "oppressed communities" had out backs like we have theirs

R97 doesn't know any gay black, latin or asian people.

by Anonymousreply 98April 3, 2021 7:09 AM

Will they put Chauvin on the stand as well?

by Anonymousreply 99April 3, 2021 7:36 AM

Probably not

by Anonymousreply 100April 3, 2021 8:01 AM

Nah, if you were a defense attorney, you WOULD NOT want a sociopathic client testifying. He'd be DESTROYED on the stand.

by Anonymousreply 101April 3, 2021 9:23 AM

The ginger paramedic can cross-examine my hole anytime!

by Anonymousreply 102April 3, 2021 11:37 AM

The prosecution can't demand to question Chauvin?

by Anonymousreply 103April 3, 2021 12:01 PM

DL never fails to disappoint (r102 I mean you)!

by Anonymousreply 104April 3, 2021 12:40 PM

I take it you're not American, R103. No, they can't. Criminal defendants have the right to stay silent pet the 5th Amendment to our Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 105April 3, 2021 1:21 PM

I've adored Lt. Zimmerman for over a decade. He was one of the Minneapolis murder detectives on A&E series The First 48. He always came across as such a kind, decent person. When I walked into my living room yesterday and saw him on my TV, I immediately sat down and watched his testimony. Was hoping he would be on the right side of all this, and was glad to see he is.

But he pronounces his name as Zimmer·MAN. Everyone from the attorneys to the TV talking heads kept calling him ZIMMERman. It rankled a bit (I'm OCD, lol).

by Anonymousreply 106April 3, 2021 1:35 PM

I wonder just how long Chauvin was prepared to continue kneeling on Floyd's neck if the paramedics had been even more delayed in arriving than they were.

by Anonymousreply 107April 3, 2021 1:48 PM

Someone finally rehabilitated the Zimmerman name.

by Anonymousreply 108April 3, 2021 4:03 PM

Ethel Merman's real name was Ethel Zimmerman.

by Anonymousreply 109April 3, 2021 4:42 PM

R109 might be the Dataloungiest post ever.

by Anonymousreply 110April 3, 2021 10:49 PM

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

by Anonymousreply 111April 4, 2021 12:22 AM

R109 only on the DL...

by Anonymousreply 112April 4, 2021 1:04 AM

I hope r111 is Miss Cleo

by Anonymousreply 113April 4, 2021 1:07 AM

Bob Dylan's real last name is also Zimmerman. And, he's from Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 114April 4, 2021 1:26 AM

Bob Dylan is one of the Jewish Zimmermans. Ethel Merman, while constantly mistaken for Jewish, was in fact one of the German (Christian) Zimmermans and had no Jewish ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 115April 4, 2021 1:29 AM

What's on the agenda for tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 116April 4, 2021 6:25 PM

When Minneapolis burns to the ground when the inevitable acquittal (or hung jury) happens, Minnesota will be 5 degrees warmer.

by Anonymousreply 117April 4, 2021 7:18 PM

R117 Like our Capitol when republicans don’t get their way with the next election?

by Anonymousreply 118April 4, 2021 7:22 PM

(117) I sure the Floyd family will find someplace to spend that twenty seven million...forgot their lawyer will receive a nice slice of that monetary pie.

by Anonymousreply 119April 4, 2021 8:25 PM

What a lovely way for racists to spend Easter Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 4, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote] No, they can't. Criminal defendants have the right to stay silent pet the 5th Amendment to our Constitution.

And I’ll add that the jury (in theory anyway) is instructed to make no inferences whatever about a defendant not testifying.

by Anonymousreply 121April 4, 2021 10:23 PM

R65, the taller one with short hair.

We was gorgeous. The other guy came off as very snotty and arrogant. Certainly not approachable.

by Anonymousreply 122April 4, 2021 10:24 PM

I want the ginger paramedic in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 123April 5, 2021 10:34 AM

Do we now have a ginger paramedic troll??

by Anonymousreply 124April 5, 2021 10:35 AM

Whoa! Hot doc alert!

by Anonymousreply 125April 5, 2021 2:54 PM

Lol r125. You took the words out of my mouth

by Anonymousreply 126April 5, 2021 2:57 PM

The prosecutor showed us his purse.

by Anonymousreply 127April 5, 2021 3:16 PM

R127 Hahahah that was my first thought! The prosecutor may be a DLer!

R126 I love his boyish hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 128April 5, 2021 3:25 PM

This doc should speak in layman's terms for the jury.

by Anonymousreply 129April 5, 2021 3:33 PM

So far we have the hot paramedics and the hot doc, AND the prosecutor is a DLer!!

by Anonymousreply 130April 5, 2021 4:05 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the hot doc's testimony seems damning for the defense, no?

by Anonymousreply 131April 5, 2021 4:09 PM

Here's the lawyer in his younger years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 5, 2021 4:12 PM

R130, how do we know he's a DL'er?

by Anonymousreply 133April 5, 2021 4:32 PM

R132, clearly is is before his soul vacated his body.

by Anonymousreply 134April 5, 2021 4:35 PM

He brought up Judy Garland, R133.

by Anonymousreply 135April 5, 2021 4:37 PM

Is our police chief gay? He's pinging.

by Anonymousreply 136April 5, 2021 4:41 PM

There's a huge toxic spill in Tampa but I guess that's not as newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 137April 5, 2021 4:42 PM

Did the prosecutor not comb his hair this morning?

by Anonymousreply 138April 5, 2021 4:44 PM

There's already a thread for that, R137.

Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 139April 5, 2021 4:49 PM

The chief's testimony so far is boring. Get to the point already!!

by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2021 4:52 PM

Checking in from minneapolis. Y'all are cracking me up. Yeah the chief testimony sure is slow. Prosecutor has bed head.

by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2021 5:04 PM

There's so many hot men in Minneapolis, R141. These lawyers are all so schlubby!! What's going on?!

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2021 5:12 PM

R137 trolls around Derek Chauvin threads complaining about other newsworthy stories.

by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2021 5:13 PM

The chief is def a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2021 5:14 PM

None of them have that hard-core Minnesota accent.

by Anonymousreply 145April 5, 2021 5:29 PM

R145, in my experience, the only people that exhibit that Fargo accent are women 50+.

by Anonymousreply 146April 5, 2021 5:32 PM

It will get more interesting when the chief talks about the crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 147April 5, 2021 5:58 PM

I wonder why that is, R146? Poor education, lower class upbringing?

by Anonymousreply 148April 5, 2021 5:59 PM

The prosecution is trying to have the only official autopsy removed from the record?

That’s a winning strategy 🙄

by Anonymousreply 149April 5, 2021 6:03 PM

R148, My company headquarters was located in Bloomington so I had a lot of exposure to people in the area. My guess is it has to do with where younger vs. older people live. Older in the rural areas further away, younger closer to the twin cities.

by Anonymousreply 150April 5, 2021 6:05 PM

In other news, a massive earthquake has destroyed all of California. Now, back to the Chauvin trial....

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2021 7:15 PM

Here we go again with the defense atty trying to somehow discredit the witness. He has nothing.

by Anonymousreply 152April 5, 2021 7:25 PM

Defense Attorney "It's been a long week". It's only Monday, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2021 7:48 PM

Lol r153 I missed that

by Anonymousreply 154April 5, 2021 8:24 PM

Ugh I hate this defense atty

by Anonymousreply 155April 5, 2021 8:31 PM

I really love the police chief's confidence. He never seems to be rattled by the defense's questions and seems to thoroughly understand each question before answering.

by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2021 8:35 PM

Cop Chauvin tortured George Floyd to death. Guilty. Case closed. Have fun in prison where you'll get yours. That's the way it should go.

by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2021 8:53 PM

Chauvin is writing 10,000 times: “I will not put my knee on someone’s neck for 8 minutes”

by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] There's a huge toxic spill in Tampa but I guess that's not as newsworthy.

It wasn't newsworthy enough to you to even know where it's happening. It's not happening in Tampa. It's happening in Bradenton. And you would know that, if you weren't so fucking lazy and actually read an article about it

Is reading one article too much for you? It certainly is

Shoo. Bad dog

by Anonymousreply 159April 5, 2021 9:26 PM

The chief should play poker, there is no rattling that man. I found his testimony to be very problematic for the defense, he made it clear that this was excessive use of force.

by Anonymousreply 160April 5, 2021 10:43 PM

Where did all the racists go? The Chief’s testimony was damning for murdering Chauvin.

by Anonymousreply 161April 5, 2021 11:05 PM

Chauvin's scribbled notes revealed:

"all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy..."

by Anonymousreply 162April 5, 2021 11:15 PM

I wish we could hear from Derek. He's the missing piece of the puzzle. What was he thinking? Was he thinking at all? Is he a dummy? Did they have prior animosity from when they worked together?

Until we hear his side of the story people will continue to demonize him- and canonize Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 163April 5, 2021 11:53 PM

The other trial had much more style

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 6, 2021 12:05 AM

r159 Brandenton is right outside of Tampa. Everybody just calls the Tampa area "Tampa." Having this trial on all day is taking away from important stories. A toxic wastewater spill that is going into the Gulf is pretty damn newsworthy. There is no need to have this trial on all fucking day at the expense of other news. I have no idea why anyone can justify this.

by Anonymousreply 165April 6, 2021 12:06 AM

r159 needs to be held down and choked for exactly nine minutes.

by Anonymousreply 166April 6, 2021 12:06 AM

R163 They quite obviously had some sort of run in at the club and maybe Floyd had tried to intimidate him at the time. Something happened to anger Chauvin, because he murdered Floyd, while enjoying all nine minutes of it, in full view of many cameras. He knew he was being filmed and practically showed off for the crowd. This is a murder, plain and simple. Once Chauvin saw opportunity, it was very much premeditated and carried out.

by Anonymousreply 167April 6, 2021 12:07 AM

R163 yes, it's just so terrible when we demonize white people for their terrible terrible actions instead of sticking to demonizing black people just for existing.

by Anonymousreply 168April 6, 2021 12:35 AM

R165, if you feel that way, for the life of me, I can’t figure out why you’re on this thread. Also, whining about this does no good. Go take a long nap.

by Anonymousreply 169April 6, 2021 12:40 AM

R165 because this trial verdict can potentially result in race riots across THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!!

by Anonymousreply 170April 6, 2021 12:53 AM

Has there been any testimony about why Chauvin did this? I don't think he did it because he wanted to murder a black man. I think he wanted to murder Floyd, specifically. For some bad blood real or perceived by Chauvin.

by Anonymousreply 171April 6, 2021 1:30 AM

Chauvin got emotional. He let his emotions get in the way.

I’ve have a gay friendly police officer friend. The things he told me police wanted to do to the LGBTQ community would make you hurl. They would love to do terrible things to us. Hope you never meet a Chauvin.

by Anonymousreply 172April 6, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote]Chauvin got emotional. He let his emotions get in the way.

I'd say he let his fragile ego get in the way

by Anonymousreply 173April 6, 2021 9:11 AM

[quote]If American blacks lived in the UK and Europe the cops would be shooting them, believe me. Don't act like you're all so enlightened.

No they wouldn't, you racist pig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 6, 2021 10:24 AM

Wow, I didn't know there were so many hot men in Minneapolis. No wonder Mary Richards and Rhoda Morgenstern moved there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 6, 2021 11:15 AM

This testimony is really interesting

by Anonymousreply 176April 6, 2021 2:45 PM

The defense is definitely grasping at straws.

by Anonymousreply 177April 6, 2021 3:25 PM

I came to see what we think of bear Johnny Mercil.

by Anonymousreply 178April 6, 2021 3:33 PM

No one watching today?

by Anonymousreply 179April 6, 2021 5:02 PM

R178 - He is quite the specimen! He is the MPD force trainer and he can turn me any way but loose - for hours!

by Anonymousreply 180April 6, 2021 5:05 PM

R178, I'm getting DL'er on my radar. Yes sir!

by Anonymousreply 181April 6, 2021 5:07 PM

I hate this attorney. He's blaming the on-lookers for using excessive force.

by Anonymousreply 182April 6, 2021 5:20 PM

It seems like a losing strategy r182

by Anonymousreply 183April 6, 2021 5:30 PM

I found this lengthy rap sheet for Derek Chauvin...quite the history of abuse on him. Wish I could dig deeper into some of these charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 6, 2021 5:31 PM

"I totally would have gotten off his neck if everyone wasn't yelling at me to get off his neck. I had no choice but to stay on his neck to own the libs!"

by Anonymousreply 185April 6, 2021 5:34 PM

I should've posted this link instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 6, 2021 5:34 PM

R184 That's quite a few reprimands and the oral ones probably should have been written.

by Anonymousreply 187April 6, 2021 5:43 PM

It's the law in MN, but I think you might have to request these records the 'ol fashioned way by submitting written requests.

by Anonymousreply 188April 6, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote] I feel we have to confront them because we have a moral responsibly to not let them influence our young here on DL.

Indeed. The late 40s and early 50s are when 'young people' are most impressionable and easily influenced.

by Anonymousreply 189April 6, 2021 5:56 PM

The doctor is from my hometown. I'll have to keep an eye out for him when I visit.

by Anonymousreply 190April 6, 2021 6:34 PM

Does the prosecution tell their witnesses to say “correct” instead of “yes?” It sounds terrible. “Correct” should be used to confirm that a statement is accurate, not as a substitute for “yes.”

R187 I’d like to see what those complaints were, too.

by Anonymousreply 191April 6, 2021 6:44 PM

Here's that "Fargo" accent y'all have been waiting for in the form of Officer Nicole Mackenzie.

by Anonymousreply 192April 6, 2021 6:50 PM

A juror fell asleep. They lawyers have basically asked the same questions of the three witnesses (so far) today and it's getting too repetitive. Too bad there weren't more bystanders, they were interesting.

by Anonymousreply 193April 6, 2021 7:08 PM

R193 Or at least more hot witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 194April 6, 2021 7:14 PM

Medical chick testifying right now is very competent. Chauvin's lawyer still a smarmy asshole trying to blame others.

by Anonymousreply 195April 6, 2021 7:26 PM

I'm sick of him r195

by Anonymousreply 196April 6, 2021 7:27 PM

Remember all the excellent George Floyd threads at the time, and how they were all deleted.?

by Anonymousreply 197April 6, 2021 7:28 PM

The defense lawyer bear is a loser chasing his own ass.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 198April 6, 2021 7:49 PM

I missed the medical chick but the witness on now has purses falling out of his mouth!

by Anonymousreply 199April 6, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote]No one watching today?

Everybody's kind of over it.

by Anonymousreply 200April 6, 2021 8:37 PM

I’m actually interested in what the defense is going to pull out of their ass.

by Anonymousreply 201April 6, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote] The doctor is from my hometown.

He’s young! He just got licensed last year almost immediately before this incident. I was pretty surprised. And he was just pretty.

by Anonymousreply 202April 6, 2021 9:40 PM

I wonder when the defense witnesses start to testify?

by Anonymousreply 203April 7, 2021 12:39 AM

If George Floyd were gay nobody would give a flying fuck about the outcome of his killer except a small niche of gay black people. I just can’t bring myself to give a goddamn right now.

by Anonymousreply 204April 7, 2021 12:48 AM

R201

Compare the rather tepid number of replies so far.

When defense starts poking holes in the witnesses for the prosecution it will be be far different.

by Anonymousreply 205April 7, 2021 7:14 AM

R204 I wouldn’t say that. This got to people because the video evidence was horrific and it was posted almost immediately after it happened.

This event also occurred the same weekend of the birdwatcher incident - people were up in arms about this case too. However, interest frittered away because the birdwatcher (who is a gay black man) decided to give Karen a chance. Let’s be real, replace Christian Cooper with George Floyd and the Chauvin case is open and shut; It would be quite difficult to put his lifestyle and background on trial.

by Anonymousreply 206April 7, 2021 8:01 AM

These are all still witnesses for the prosecution, right? And we still haven't heard from any experts or scientists? The members of the jury must be bored out of their minds already. It doesn't help that every witness questioning starts with endless questions about their education and training. When they finally start with the good stuff, I already lost all interest. Maybe the strategy to start with the eyewitnesses wasn't a good idea. Members of the jury probably can't remember much of their testimony and all the raw emotion after weeks of dull expert witnesses, doctors and police officers.

by Anonymousreply 207April 7, 2021 8:15 AM

R204 is a blocked troll

by Anonymousreply 208April 7, 2021 10:57 AM

Thank you, r208. I’ve blocked him too, and I only block excrement.

by Anonymousreply 209April 7, 2021 12:54 PM

R205, do you mean the opposite? From what I’ve seen so far, the defense has had little success in poking any holes in the prosecution case.

by Anonymousreply 210April 7, 2021 12:55 PM

The bearded Johnny Mercil is so sexy! Can't believe there are so few comments about him here.

He looks like some movie or TV star but I can't quite place who I mean.....

by Anonymousreply 211April 7, 2021 1:22 PM

we're back, folks

by Anonymousreply 212April 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Is this an expert witness?

by Anonymousreply 213April 7, 2021 3:05 PM

Why is the prosecution's expert a random LA police officer?

by Anonymousreply 214April 7, 2021 3:11 PM

The defense attorney has a very punchable face

by Anonymousreply 215April 7, 2021 3:20 PM

R211 I was surprised, too.

by Anonymousreply 216April 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Use of Force expert. Maybe he's top in the field.

by Anonymousreply 217April 7, 2021 3:28 PM

Defense reminds me of a log cabin republican I knew. He used to troll bathhouses when he wasn't peddling T***p nonsense

by Anonymousreply 218April 7, 2021 3:35 PM

^We all saw the video, but you still need an use of force expert to state the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 219April 7, 2021 3:37 PM

One thing to remember is that while you may not like the defense attorney in his role in this case, defending a white cop is probably a rarity for him in terms of his usual cases.

by Anonymousreply 220April 7, 2021 3:39 PM

R220 "Likeability" is not the issue. He is incompetent. I wouldn't trust him to take care of a parking ticket.

by Anonymousreply 221April 7, 2021 3:42 PM

I know, r220. My dislike of him is largely conformation bias

by Anonymousreply 222April 7, 2021 3:44 PM

Well, I guess we have to see his witnesses and then his summation.

I’m also the person who has a brother who is a defensive attorney who is the biggest asshole ever, so I get it lol.

by Anonymousreply 223April 7, 2021 3:47 PM

Remember also, the defense attorney is stuck with the case and client he has, not necessarily what he wants. The only hope Chauvin has is that enough jurors are racist and/or deferential enough to law enforcement that they will just completely ignore those 4+ minutes after Floyd lost consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 224April 7, 2021 4:03 PM

The defense only needs to convince one juror of the slightest bit of reasonable doubt. I still say he will be found not guilty of all charges

by Anonymousreply 225April 7, 2021 4:09 PM

The defense here is a thankless task but some poor boob has to do it. Like Trump's bozos at the recent impeachment. Trump had a rigged jury going for him.

by Anonymousreply 226April 7, 2021 4:10 PM

R226 A "rigged jury"? Get some help and get Trump out of this thread. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 227April 7, 2021 4:14 PM

R235 I disagree, no way will he be found not guilty, but we will see!

by Anonymousreply 228April 7, 2021 4:18 PM

R225 I think MN requires unanimous vote for a verdict, so one holdout is only going to result in a hung jury. That might be the defense's best bet though--hung jury and then hope for a better plea offer to avoid another trial. Sadly it's a pretty good bet to rely on at least one juror being racist enough.

by Anonymousreply 229April 7, 2021 4:28 PM

It's gonna be a hung jury.

All the defense needs is one Tucker Carlson fan!

by Anonymousreply 230April 7, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] I’m also the person who has a brother who is a defensive attorney who is the biggest asshole ever,

Well if you kept calling me an asshole, I’d be defensive too.

by Anonymousreply 231April 7, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote] I think MN requires unanimous vote for a verdict,

Do you live in the United States?

by Anonymousreply 232April 7, 2021 5:25 PM

^ Yes, typing fast on a phone. Just "oh dear" me and move on.

by Anonymousreply 233April 7, 2021 5:38 PM

Typing fast on a phone made you “think” you need a unanimous verdict? But you weren’t sure?

by Anonymousreply 234April 7, 2021 5:50 PM

You need a unanimous jury to convict. Most states also require unanimity to acquit, but there are one or two holdout states that still allow split juries to acquit. If you live in the US, you should know that.

So I said "I think" because I didn't double check to be absolutely sure MN wasn't one of those outliers. Odd though that you're fixating on me for correcting R225 mistaken belief that the defense only has to "convince one juror" to get a not guilty verdict.

by Anonymousreply 235April 7, 2021 6:24 PM

I’m fixated on it because anyone who resides in the United States would know you need a unanimous jury to convict OR acquit. In a criminal (not a civil) case, a unanimous jury is required. It’s in the Constitution and has been reaffirmed by the Supreme Court as recently as last year in Ramos v. Louisiana.

It’s been a staple of our system since the beginning. If a jury is not unanimous neither a conviction nor acquittal occurs, the jury is “hung” and a mistrial is declared. The State can then decide whether they want to retry the case before a different jury.

Again, I’m not harping on you personally, I just found it odd that you didn’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 236April 7, 2021 6:34 PM

This current witness looks very angry and annoyed. I wouldn't want to piss him off. His voice doesn't match his demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 237April 7, 2021 6:43 PM

R236, You can take your obnoxious pedantry and shove it. OR does not require unanimous juries to acquit. As I said, that's an outlier compared to most of the country. And I also already explained that this trial will end up with a hung jury if there's no unanimity. You're fixated on me saying "I think," which I did because I didn't have the time to double check that MN wasn't also an outlier first. Meanwhile you're unbothered by the total wrongness of posters such as R225.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 7, 2021 6:44 PM

R225 is correct, though. That’s all they need is to convince one juror of reasonable doubt and they’ll get at a minimum a hung jury.

You just don’t want to admit your error and are trying to deflect. Admit you made a mistake, but doubling down and saying there are states that don’t require unanimous verdicts just makes it worse. All of the states are under the same Constitution.

There is no state in the United States that does not require a unanimous jury verdict for conviction or acquittal.

by Anonymousreply 239April 7, 2021 6:52 PM

R225 didn't say convincing one juror would result in a hung jury, he said not guilty. I made the correction that no, a lone juror would lead to a hung jury, not a not-guilty verdict. And since you don't read very thoroughly, I take it you didn't look at the link at R238. Why you insist on trying to be a pedantic jackass when you're just wrong is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 240April 7, 2021 6:57 PM

I'd like to knee you bickering bitches to death right now.

by Anonymousreply 241April 7, 2021 6:58 PM

^^^Which is why most judges will ask a jury to keep deliberating if they say they are split. Usually they talk it out and come to agreement. I feel this jury has already made up their minds and are now just waiting for it to end so they can deliver a guilty verdict. Hence, the falling asleep.

by Anonymousreply 242April 7, 2021 6:59 PM

R241 You should apply to be a Minneapolis police officer!

by Anonymousreply 243April 7, 2021 7:00 PM

Way too much redundancy in the prosecution's approach. Jury starts tuning-out. The cable networks covering the trial could do periodic summaries. Covering every second of this is unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 244April 7, 2021 7:11 PM

Hahaha R231 I think he takes it as a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 245April 7, 2021 7:22 PM

Linky stinky at r238.

by Anonymousreply 246April 7, 2021 7:24 PM

If there's nothing else worthwhile on the tv to watch, just turn the set off.

by Anonymousreply 247April 7, 2021 7:41 PM

Girls, girls!

by Anonymousreply 248April 7, 2021 7:48 PM

Morticia Adams is testifying.

by Anonymousreply 249April 7, 2021 7:54 PM

Is it the lighting? She looks like she has a mustache.

by Anonymousreply 250April 7, 2021 8:01 PM

Sorry R246, I can't figure out why it's not working. Here's another with the same content:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251April 7, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote]Is it the lighting? She looks like she has a mustache.

I love this hellsite so much.

by Anonymousreply 252April 7, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote] It doesn't help that every witness questioning starts with endless questions about their education and training.

That’s why courtroom dramas on TV are so different. Unfortunately, the prosecution must lay a foundation for why the person is testifying, both for legal purposes and to avoid the jury saying “why are we listening to this guy? What does he know about this? Who is he to offer an opinion?”

by Anonymousreply 253April 7, 2021 9:34 PM

The female prosecutor looks like the love child of Aimee Mann and best selling “White Fragility” author, Robin Di Angelo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 7, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote]We all saw the video

R219 = Dr. Rick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 7, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote] I still say he will be found not guilty of all charges

US cities will turn into the fucking Thunderdome if this happens.

by Anonymousreply 256April 7, 2021 11:02 PM

WHY is this trial on tv all fucking day? It can be part of regular news briefings. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 257April 7, 2021 11:06 PM

It sounds to me as though he's saying "I ain't doin' any drugs", not "I ate too many drugs"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 7, 2021 11:26 PM

All media is happy to over cover this trial and will be financial winners if Chauvin gets off and mayhem results. Cynical and grim as that reality is.

by Anonymousreply 259April 7, 2021 11:30 PM

R256 Is that all you can say? Yes WE HEARD it will be MAYHEM, APOCALYPTIC, OMGGGGGG!

Now STUF division troll

by Anonymousreply 260April 7, 2021 11:46 PM

Nobody elected your ass judge and jury r260

by Anonymousreply 261April 7, 2021 11:48 PM

"I heard pancake, not murder."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 8, 2021 2:21 AM

He'll be found guilty, of a lesser charge and he won't get a long sentence

And he also fraudulently voted. He and his ex-stripper wife both committed voter fraud as well as tax fraud

Very good people indeed

by Anonymousreply 263April 8, 2021 2:58 AM

You won't like it but Ann Coulter gave the best recap of the trial so far.

Week One was chock-a-block with weeping bystanders wailing about how they felt watching Chauvin restrain Floyd. This would be tremendous evidence if the charge against Officer Chauvin were “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” But that’s not the charge. That’s not even a crime.

One especially distraught witness, Charles McMillian, an elderly black man, testified to seeing “foam” coming out of Floyd’s mouth.

QUIZ: Is foam coming out of the mouth a sign of:

a) a head wound?

b) strangulation?

c) a drug overdose?

ANSWER: c) a drug overdose.

Apart from that crucial fact, McMillian’s evidence only pertained to “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” Which, again, is not a crime.

My favorite witness — and the media’s favorite, too! — was Genevieve Hansen, Feminist Hero. She appeared in court in her firefighter dress uniform and a belligerent mood — though not as belligerent as the day Floyd died, when she showed up in sweats and began shrieking at the officers.

The headlines are along the lines of “Firefighter: I Could Have Saved Floyd’s Life, But Police Wouldn’t Let Me.”

Genevieve was totally on top of the situation. In her statement to investigators shortly after the event, she described Floyd as a “small, slim man.” Floyd was at least 6-foot-4 and weighed 230 pounds. The largest police officer on the scene was Chauvin, coming in at 5-foot-9 and 140 pounds. Genevieve missed nothing!

Even in the calm setting of a courtroom, with no agitated bystanders yelling at her, here are the things Genevieve says she would have done to save Floyd’s life!

In order:

“I would have requested additional help.” “I would have wanted someone to call 911.” “I would have asked someone to run to the gas station and look for an AED [a defibrillator].”

Why didn’t the officers think to call for medical backup??? Oh yeah, they already had. Twice. Starting about 10 minutes before Genevieve even showed up.

“I would have checked his airway.” “I would have been worried about a spinal cord injury.”

As we know from the autopsy, there was no problem with Floyd’s airway or spinal cord. (But, as long as you bring it up, his body did contain three times the lethal dose of fentanyl.)

“I would have checked for a pulse.”

Eureka! Why didn’t — oh wait, the officers had done this, repeatedly, as several bystander witnesses had already confirmed.

By now, Floyd was dead. That’s when she would have started chest compressions.

So Genevieve, the state’s star witness on what the cops did wrong, testified that she would have done pretty much everything the officers did. But she would have been a lot bossier about it.

On Tuesday, Lt. Johnny Mercil, the MDP’s use-of-force trainer, and Officer Nicole Mackenzie, the MPD’s medical support coordinator, testified that it would be appropriate not to provide care to a suspect who had just been fighting with officers, or in the presence of a hostile crowd.

Chauvin had both those circumstances.

Trying to do damage control, the prosecutor asked Officer Mackenzie to define a “hostile” crowd. She said, “a growing contingent of people around, if they’re yelling, being even verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”

Hey — remember those weeping bystanders last week? Their own testimony confirmed that they were “yelling and even being verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”

Donald Williams, for example, the bouncer and MMA hobbyist, admitted to continuously berating the officers — all of which is on tape — calling Chauvin a “fucking bum,” “bitch” and “a fucking pussy ass bitch.” In one of the tapes, Williams threatens Officer Tou Thao, saying, “I swear I’ll slap the fuck out of both of you!”

And of course, there was the lovely Genevieve screeching, “I have your name tag, bitch!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 8, 2021 10:32 AM

[quote]You won't like it but Ann Coulter gave the best recap of the trial so far.

Well, you're right about one thing.

r264 can fuck right off along with Ann Coulter.

by Anonymousreply 265April 8, 2021 10:48 AM

R264 I would say you tried but.....ahahahahahaahahahahaa

Fuck off to Russia bitch. Ya boy Chauvin is going down, whore. Suck it.

by Anonymousreply 266April 8, 2021 11:22 AM

I find the whole thing fascinating. Watching Chauvin feverishly scribbling; does he share his notes with his lawyers afterwards? His eyes darting behind his mask. I think he's just a not-too-bright cop who didn't know how to place his leg ACROSS the neck and his knee on the shoulder blade. That's all.

It's all so sleazy and unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 267April 8, 2021 11:49 AM

[Quote] In her statement to investigators shortly after the event, she described Floyd as a “small, slim man.” Floyd was at least 6-foot-4 and weighed 230 pounds.

She only arrived after Floyd was already handcuffed and on the floor with three grown ass men on top of him. She probably only saw his head since Chauvin had his knee on his neck and the other two officers covering the rest of his body. This is such a bullshit statement to discredit a witness. She was also probably still in shock right after the incident because like she said on the stand "watching someone being murdered is very upsetting".

Fuck off, r264!

by Anonymousreply 268April 8, 2021 12:17 PM

Leave it to Anne Coulter to take away everything from the situation that is the opposite of reality. She’s a contrarian, that’s her schtick, and now that she pissed off both sides of the aisle, she’s homeless. Yet vodka lover r264 wants to make her a thing here. đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

by Anonymousreply 269April 8, 2021 12:43 PM

I ate too many opiates.

by Anonymousreply 270April 8, 2021 1:05 PM

Do most people follow the trial? The network and cable news put it on heavy rotation but I don't see many clicks or traffic, barely stay on google top news, the most telling is it was not on Twitter trends, even on DL it's just a few die hard posters here and after 10 days it only got a follow up part 2 thread.

by Anonymousreply 271April 8, 2021 1:10 PM

Actually, Coulter’s take was spot on...and this is from someone who used to troll her website message board years ago. Not a fan of hers.

Had the female firefighter acted professionally and had her ID, it might’ve made a difference. Standing there in her sweats yelling “bitch,” she just came off as as trashy and unhinged. I would’ve ignored her, too.

When did “professional” people start dressing and talking this way? It’s so sad. No decorum or dignity.

I know this issue is not the point of this trial, I’m just making the observation. The world is watching and that motley crew of slobs represents us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 8, 2021 1:33 PM

I imagine r272 = r264 using a sock puppet.

by Anonymousreply 273April 8, 2021 1:38 PM

No, I am not R264. I haven’t read all of his posts, don’t know what his politics are, but I did read the Coulter article he just posted. Our culture is devolving. But, that is a subject for a different thread, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 274April 8, 2021 1:52 PM

R272, that was one witness out of many. I happen to think she did great, because she expressed the senselessness and hopelessness of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 275April 8, 2021 2:13 PM

Maybe I missed something but why didn’t the defense cross examine Morticia?

Did they reserve it for a future recall or something?

by Anonymousreply 276April 8, 2021 2:13 PM

If I spend my time reading a long description of this trial by Ann Coulter, I need to do some serious self-reflection, and then get a life. Sorry, there is absolutely nothing useful achieved by paying attention to her on this.

by Anonymousreply 277April 8, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote]When did “professional” people start dressing and talking this way? It’s so sad. No decorum or dignity.

[quote]I know this issue is not the point of this trial, I’m just making the observation. The world is watching and that motley crew of slobs represents us.

True. Americans look and act like such slobs now.

by Anonymousreply 278April 8, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote] Sorry, there is absolutely nothing useful achieved by paying attention to her on anything.

Fixded.

by Anonymousreply 279April 8, 2021 3:20 PM

The only people worse than Ann Coulter are the people who bullhorn Ann Coulter. Of course an all out racist would give the trial evidence a thorough whitewashing.

by Anonymousreply 280April 8, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote] Had the female firefighter acted professionally and had her ID, it might’ve made a difference. Standing there in her sweats yelling “bitch,” she just came off as as trashy and unhinged. I would’ve ignored her, too.

Ann Coulter went shit-nuts in a Twitter tirade on a flight because she had to move her seat. She has no business judging the reaction of someone witnessing a murder, and neither does your racist ass.

by Anonymousreply 281April 8, 2021 3:35 PM

R268 and she explained herself right there on the witness stand, but of course fact-free Ann didn’t mention that.

by Anonymousreply 282April 8, 2021 3:37 PM

Wow, devastating testimony today from a pulmonologist. He basically described 9 mins of Chauvin slowly torturing Floyd to death.

by Anonymousreply 283April 8, 2021 4:06 PM

Definitely OT but working from home has contributed to the “slobbiness” of America. I used to be presentable for work (although we had a casual dress code), but not now.

by Anonymousreply 284April 8, 2021 5:18 PM

R281 That’s right, call anyone with a differing opinion “racist.” Anything to avoid a real discussion with actual arguments.

by Anonymousreply 285April 8, 2021 6:02 PM

R283 He was especially impressive by having the jury use their fingers on the front of their throats and the back of their necks to simulate the effect on George Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 286April 8, 2021 6:16 PM

R285 If you are defending Ann Coulter as representative of one wanting "real discussions" with "actual arguments", you've burned your intellectual bridge.

by Anonymousreply 287April 8, 2021 6:28 PM

R285 misrepresenting facts through a racist lens is not an argument. And if you platform a racist, you're presumed to be one too.

by Anonymousreply 288April 8, 2021 6:37 PM

"He basically described 9 mins of Chauvin slowly torturing Floyd to death."

Well, he suffocated. But not sure that Chauvin did that. He was a heavy drug user, mid-40s with a bad heart, in a panicked state and foaming at the mouth.

Everyone is "white racist killer cop murdered black man in cold blood". But if that's not true, then it was just a dumb accident.

by Anonymousreply 289April 8, 2021 7:03 PM

R289 Bless you, forgive you... but your description is unsupportable by science, and is contradicted by the eyes and common sense. You might want reflect on how what you WANT to see and believe doesn't match facts. It's very far from "well I have the right to believe what I want."

by Anonymousreply 290April 8, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote] But not sure that Chauvin did that. He was a heavy drug user, mid-40s with a bad heart, in a panicked state and foaming at the mouth.

So I take it you didn’t pay attention at all to the pulmonologist’s testimony?

by Anonymousreply 291April 8, 2021 7:34 PM

"Foaming at the mouth." OMG, George Floyd had rabies! He was a mad dog that HAD to be put down!

by Anonymousreply 292April 8, 2021 7:49 PM

R289 says he suffocated, but it wasn’t Chauvin’s knee on his throat that did it? Ayayay.

by Anonymousreply 293April 8, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote]Well, he suffocated. But not sure that Chauvin did that.

He testified that "a healthy person subjected to what Mr. Floyd was subjected to, would have died.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294April 8, 2021 8:28 PM

What are CNN & MSNBC ratings on this? There must not be any other news in the country and the world now for many days.

by Anonymousreply 295April 8, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote] says he suffocated, but it wasn’t Chauvin’s knee on his throat that did it? Ayayay.

The prosecutor has moved the goalposts. Now it's the 𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒂 the prosecutor and witnesses have been talking about. Looking it up that covers a lot of anatomy unrelated to breathing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296April 8, 2021 8:37 PM

^ Just going to keep lying like your racist hero Ann.

by Anonymousreply 297April 8, 2021 8:44 PM

Oh lord, the hair.

by Anonymousreply 298April 8, 2021 9:01 PM

That expert testimony was pretty devastating for the defence

by Anonymousreply 299April 8, 2021 9:11 PM

r298 I am a bit behind and not watching in real time ... now I see what you mean

by Anonymousreply 300April 8, 2021 9:17 PM

Chauvin and his defense attorney are cruising on the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 301April 8, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote]What are CNN & MSNBC ratings on this? There must not be any other news in the country and the world now for many days.

The reality is that this is a local story about police misconduct and isn't worthy of constant coverage. The media wants to whip up an emotional frenzy. There is nothing the media loves more than civil unrest. Guaranteed ratings. And reporters telling their stories of how they nearly escaped death while covering a riot so they can up their profiles.

by Anonymousreply 302April 8, 2021 9:38 PM

R302 has been living in a hole the last few years. I wonder if he even knows there’s a pandemic out there.

by Anonymousreply 303April 8, 2021 9:41 PM

Mister Derek, you in big trouble, boy ..........

by Anonymousreply 304April 8, 2021 9:54 PM

Why do guys comb a lock of hair over their bald areas? Who do they think they’re fooling?

by Anonymousreply 305April 8, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]He'll be found guilty, of a lesser charge and he won't get a long sentence

As long as he's sent to prison; won't be long after that before he's shanked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306April 8, 2021 10:02 PM

Nope r303. This trial is not the national obsession you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 307April 8, 2021 10:09 PM

r307 has been all over this thread for days telling us why this trial isn't really newsworthy

Do fuck off, r307

by Anonymousreply 308April 8, 2021 10:13 PM

R302 Murals with George Floyd's image went up around the world. marches in European cities, Asia. The image of him dying with a knee on his neck resonated around the world. The moment for racism to be aired, seen, addressed... seemed important to huge groups of people. More demonstrations in the streets last summer since the Trump pink hats marches. An argument can be made that the intuitive angry response to the images of Floyd's death fueled Biden's election (e.g. turnout in Georgia).

Relegating the whole thing to "a local story" is what you want, not what is. A huge problem with our current public sphere and national discourse... "what I believe is fact..... never I believe something because of facts."

by Anonymousreply 309April 8, 2021 10:14 PM

For the HBO movie -- Hal Holbrook IS the Expert Pulmonologist!

by Anonymousreply 310April 8, 2021 10:16 PM

Like I said, r307. Hole.

by Anonymousreply 311April 8, 2021 10:16 PM

Sorry r309 but this trial does not deserve wall-to-wall 24/7 coverage, neglecting other news that has a real impact on our lives and or world.

by Anonymousreply 312April 8, 2021 10:24 PM

r312 If only there was some sort of device that you can point at your television that will change the channel to something -- anything -- that's not the Chauvin trial!

Or perhaps maybe some kind of "engine" I can search on to find the news that impacts my life and the world!

by Anonymousreply 313April 8, 2021 10:30 PM

The people who are obsessed with posting on this thread are the ones complaining about the television coverage.

by Anonymousreply 314April 8, 2021 10:32 PM

We're in the third week of the biggest news story right now and this is only the second thread, half full. That says a lot.

by Anonymousreply 315April 8, 2021 10:33 PM

r313 if only you were objective about the media's reasons for broadcasting this trial all day every day. But you're a good little sheep who laps up everything on the teevee without question.

by Anonymousreply 316April 8, 2021 10:33 PM

It says doo doo r315. Wow you’re obsessed with this trial aren’t you?

by Anonymousreply 317April 8, 2021 10:35 PM

The people who are complaining about the media coverage are the people who’ve posted the most in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 318April 8, 2021 10:37 PM

r316 -- If only you weren't a pompous cunt that causes everyone to turn and go the other way when they see you.

by Anonymousreply 319April 8, 2021 10:37 PM

Sorry r319 you need to be more objective about what the media feeds you. And ask questions.

by Anonymousreply 320April 8, 2021 10:38 PM

Will all the people who think the media is blowing up this trial all out of proportion please stop blowing up this thread all out of proportion?

by Anonymousreply 321April 8, 2021 10:40 PM

“I will not stop talking about how everyone needs to stop talking about this trial!”

by Anonymousreply 322April 8, 2021 11:01 PM

“It’s just a local story!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 8, 2021 11:02 PM

R316 Channels like MSNBC and CNN don't just air events because they want to. They are businesses--everything is because of demand and revenue potential. Just because you're a racist (and or troll), doesn't mean the rest of the world is too..

by Anonymousreply 324April 8, 2021 11:21 PM

Bless your heart r324. You have no idea how any of this really works.

And the lack of DL enthusiasm on this thread tells you a lot. Three weeks and it's only the second thread. TV shows get more threads than this.

by Anonymousreply 325April 9, 2021 12:08 AM

DL might lack enthusiasm about this topic R325, but with 25+ posts in this thread you clearly do not.

by Anonymousreply 326April 9, 2021 12:37 AM

The reason this is only the second thread is 1. Everyone except you recognizes the prosecution is doing a great job proving this case, hence no controversy and 2. R326 is right, look in the mirror if you want to complain about people making a big deal about it. You’ve posted more than everyone. You’re obsessed, I’d say.

by Anonymousreply 327April 9, 2021 12:50 AM

I watch because I can.

It's especially good with hot coffee and donuts.

by Anonymousreply 328April 9, 2021 12:51 AM

r289

[quote]then it was just a dumb accident.

It was not a dumb accident. See the infographic below taken straight from the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 9, 2021 12:55 AM

No wonder Klan Coulter and her sycophants are trying all their desperate deflection tactics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 9, 2021 1:12 AM

R325, please tell me how things work.

by Anonymousreply 331April 9, 2021 1:27 AM

Better get your affairs in order, Mr. Chauvin........

by Anonymousreply 332April 9, 2021 3:09 PM

This Forensic Pathologist lady is too pro-George: "Yeah, there was Fentanyl in him, but...". Just the facts, ma'am.

by Anonymousreply 333April 9, 2021 5:06 PM

I don’t know how to post pictures but - this lady forensic pathologist looks like musical theater legend Mary Martin. All along I have thought that Defense Atty Eric Wilson looks and sounds like Norbert Leo Butz.

by Anonymousreply 334April 9, 2021 5:11 PM

R333–but... she’s stating facts. Isn’t that what you want?

by Anonymousreply 335April 9, 2021 5:37 PM

The Prince Phillip thread is almost maxed out in just four hours. This is week 3 of the trial and only the second thread, half full.

by Anonymousreply 336April 9, 2021 5:40 PM

R133 It's a Fox addict problem - if someone states facts contradicting what's wanted to believe, they are somehow not credible. "Facts" only are those things supporting what is wanted to believe.

by Anonymousreply 337April 9, 2021 5:59 PM

Is r333 the Ann Coulter troll?

by Anonymousreply 338April 9, 2021 7:01 PM

The Medical Examiner of Record© looks like a cross between a middle-aged lesbian and Lucie Arnaz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339April 9, 2021 7:10 PM

He DOES look like Lucie Arnaz!!!!

by Anonymousreply 340April 9, 2021 7:17 PM

r339 cannot unsee

by Anonymousreply 341April 9, 2021 7:26 PM

R339 - Actually he looks more like Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent albeit with different eyeglasses. Apparently his wife was giving him a 'COVID' haircut when he sneezed causing a 'runway' type of bare spot on the top in the middle of his scalp. He did an admiral job of covering it up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 9, 2021 7:58 PM

^^I think you mean R333, not R133.

by Anonymousreply 343April 9, 2021 8:23 PM

^^ It was meant for R333

by Anonymousreply 344April 9, 2021 8:50 PM

R334 YES! That’s who he reminds me of.

by Anonymousreply 345April 9, 2021 9:52 PM

Only Chauvin knows what he did or didn't do. Is he going to testify?

by Anonymousreply 346April 9, 2021 10:30 PM

R346 You mean what he might report his "intent" was. There are infinite ways of knowing what he "did" without hearing his own account.

by Anonymousreply 347April 9, 2021 10:46 PM

He won’t testify. I’m sure his lawyers have drilled into him that it would be terrible for his case. And intent doesn’t matter. Not for what he’s charged with. The equivalent would be, hey I had my hands around his neck and was cutting off his oxygen, but prove I didn’t intend to kill him. I never said anything! Intent isn’t needed. He’s going away for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 348April 9, 2021 10:56 PM

[quote]The Medical Examiner of Record© looks like a cross between a middle-aged lesbian and Lucie Arnaz.

That's a bad angle; to me he looks like a younger version of Bruce Campbell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 10, 2021 12:39 AM

Seems like the defense is proving the prosecution's case a lot the last couple days.

by Anonymousreply 350April 10, 2021 3:06 AM

And none of it would have happened if perennial loser George Floyd hadn't gotten himself into trouble yet again. Then violently resisted arrest while yelping, "I'm not that kinda guy!" (yeah, you kinda were).

Now he's dead. Lives are ruined. And for what?

by Anonymousreply 351April 10, 2021 3:49 AM

R351 keeps trying.... why are you on DL? Klan meeting get canceled tonight?

by Anonymousreply 352April 10, 2021 3:56 AM

Stop giving them satisfaction. I know it's old-fashioned, but if we ignore them, they completely stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 10, 2021 4:30 PM

R353, interesting and accurate.

[quote] we understand the internet troll as someone who is callous, lacks a sense of personal responsibility and enjoys causing others harm.

That hits the nail pretty damn hard on the head and describes a number of DL posters.

[quote] Respond with outward indifference and strict no tolerance. Let’s work together to dismantle the power of the troll and take back the internet from their influence.

I'm not sure how to implement that in real life, but not ignoring trolls, while also not feeding their egos sounds like a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 354April 10, 2021 4:39 PM

r354 I try to remind myself that trolls are terrible people offline too. The funny thing is, sometimes the trolls who get very personal on DL are rather effective ... it's stupid and I know I shouldn't let it get to me

by Anonymousreply 355April 10, 2021 4:42 PM

I love how the ME’s name is Doc Baker.

by Anonymousreply 356April 10, 2021 9:54 PM

A single juror’s vote to acquit is enough to prevent a conviction in 48 States and federal court. But Louisiana and Oregon permitted a defendant to be convicted on the votes of only 10 jurors. The petitioner in this case, Evangelisto Ramos, was convicted and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole even though two jurors voted to acquit him.

by Anonymousreply 357April 12, 2021 1:36 AM

I'm still suprised none of the other charged officers have turned against Chauvin. Hasn't the prosecution offered deals? Or do they really think they'll all get off free?

by Anonymousreply 358April 12, 2021 1:46 AM

DL has moved on to Prince Phillip.

by Anonymousreply 359April 12, 2021 1:47 AM

[quote] I'm still suprised none of the other charged officers have turned against Chauvin. Hasn't the prosecution offered deals? Or do they really think they'll all get off free?he

I don't think the prosecution is offering deals. Otherwise Chauvin certainly would have taken one himself. The MN AG wants this case fully tried in front of the whole world so that no one can ever say they didn't use every effort and resource to secure a conviction for Floyd's murder.

by Anonymousreply 360April 12, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote]DL has moved on to Prince Phillip.

It'll get back on track once the trial resumes on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 361April 12, 2021 2:33 AM

It's been three days and there are multiple Philip threads, the main one is already on part 3. This is only the second Chauvin thread and it's half full, going into week 4 of the trial. There just isn't as much interest as the media hype would have you believe.

by Anonymousreply 362April 12, 2021 3:05 AM

It was always about the money anyway, not their ne'er-do-well family member. I wondering if the check has been cashed and who got what? Oh, there will be a 'foundation' created. But the fight for a piece of the $27 million would make a great reality show.

And various relatives will make money doing canned speeches about Dr. King & The Dream.

But how long til the next Tarvonce' or Deonterey or Montavius is out stoned and waving a gun and gets roughed-up or killed by cops? Stay tuned...

by Anonymousreply 363April 12, 2021 3:25 AM

[quote]There just isn't as much interest as the media hype would have you believe.

Yes, thank you for using your 29th post in this thread to tell us yet again that no one is interested, R362.

by Anonymousreply 364April 12, 2021 3:33 AM

Thanks for counting r364! You're a busy little beaver.

by Anonymousreply 365April 12, 2021 3:38 AM

^point made ad nauseam

by Anonymousreply 366April 12, 2021 3:51 AM

The media is really stoking the flames with this trial. Has Patrice Khan given any missives from whichever one of her FIVE luxury homes she owns yet?

by Anonymousreply 367April 12, 2021 3:52 AM

Fuck, I can't block the trolls on this thread fast enough. They're like roaches: no matter what, they keep coming back.

by Anonymousreply 368April 12, 2021 8:48 AM

[quote]And none of it would have happened if perennial loser George Floyd hadn't gotten himself into trouble yet again. Then violently resisted arrest while yelping, "I'm not that kinda guy!" (yeah, you kinda were).

Eh, R351, if not George Floyd, it'd be some other poor schmuck dying with Derek Chauvin's knee on their neck,...Or shot in the face or gut,...or handcuffed and beaten about the torso with old telephone books...Chauvin in his skivvies on his front lawn brandishing his service weapon, elbow chokehold around some neighbor or family member's neck, screaming at the police and news choppers to "get the fuck OUT of here, ya cocksuckers!!!!"....

Honestly, R351, the probabilities are ENDLESS!

by Anonymousreply 369April 12, 2021 10:51 AM

Yes, r357, and that case was overturned at SCOTUS level.

by Anonymousreply 370April 12, 2021 11:25 AM

Is this witness hot?

by Anonymousreply 371April 12, 2021 2:52 PM

r371 asking the important questions!

by Anonymousreply 372April 12, 2021 2:53 PM

That’s right R372! He looks like a guy who was awkward when young but grew into his looks.

by Anonymousreply 373April 12, 2021 2:55 PM

His ears are distracting

by Anonymousreply 374April 12, 2021 3:00 PM

It's doubtful that Chauvin will take the stand.

If he does, you know he's gonna lie.

And lie.

And lie.

And lie.

by Anonymousreply 375April 12, 2021 3:06 PM

I really like this Northwestern Dr. Rich.

He reminds me of me in the sense it's obvious he's a natural teacher. He's engaging with the jury, both in his responses and in his ability to break down complex information into bite-sized sections the jury cam easy understand. That is not an insignificant gift/talent.

by Anonymousreply 376April 12, 2021 3:06 PM

Despite his obvious high level of intelligence, Dr. Rich seems kind, honest and humble.

by Anonymousreply 377April 12, 2021 3:10 PM

R368, there are a few of them here but they clear their cookies so it makes it seem like there are a lot. There aren’t. You can tell because the language and message of their posts are all about the same.

by Anonymousreply 378April 12, 2021 3:27 PM

Laughing at R376’s “he’s so awesome he reminds me of me!”

by Anonymousreply 379April 12, 2021 3:32 PM

Dr Rich seems, to this viewer, as a wee bit condescending and I'd warrant there's a bitchy anger lurking under the surface (should he be contradicted without the respect due him...)

A good teacher? For elementary school kids, not for adults.

by Anonymousreply 380April 12, 2021 3:38 PM

R378

Keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep better. George Floyd was a career criminal piece of shit and the world is better without him.

Chauvin didn't do everything right, but it wasn’t murder and the jury will have a hard time reconciling the chewed fentanyl pills he spat out in the back of the police cruiser.

Death by overdose is the most likely description of what actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 381April 12, 2021 3:39 PM

The medical examiner says homicide, but it’s the racist on the internet who knows the real truth!

by Anonymousreply 382April 12, 2021 3:41 PM

I find it amusing watching the trolls desperately looking for anything to criticize Dr. Rich about.

So now I guess witnesses aren't supposed to look at the jury they're addressing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 12, 2021 3:49 PM

R383 I don't think it's trolling..... I think Chauvin is guilty, first degree murder. I think Dr Rich is smarmy, and pandering more than necessary. One is able to have opinions and not be troll, eh?

Also - not to be too petty, but he's Harvard and Univ of Chicago and he says "...a criteria is..." ??

by Anonymousreply 384April 12, 2021 3:55 PM

The cardiologist on the stand is extremely damaging to the defense. Of course, the defense attorney is objecting to the prosecuter's questions left and right. Most of the objections have been overuled.

by Anonymousreply 385April 12, 2021 4:06 PM

đŸ€” So r384 ......

Will you submit a motion to declare a mistrial due to

[italic] Flagrant Grammatical Errors ?

by Anonymousreply 386April 12, 2021 4:10 PM

Chauvin issued a death sentence before a trial.

by Anonymousreply 387April 12, 2021 4:14 PM

R386 In flagrante delicto!!

One needs must maintain standards....

by Anonymousreply 388April 12, 2021 4:16 PM

😏R384 [italic] Excusez Moi !

by Anonymousreply 389April 12, 2021 4:31 PM

They might as well wrap up the trial right now since there's already another riot brewing in Minneapolis they can get two for the price of one.

by Anonymousreply 390April 12, 2021 6:06 PM

I thought I misunderstood when I'd heard that another black man was shot an killed in an officer involved shooting last night. Unfortunately , I didn't.

This in going to be a long, hot summer in Minneapolis.

by Anonymousreply 391April 12, 2021 6:38 PM

Even the BBC is covering this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 392April 12, 2021 7:51 PM

How about that judge at the end concerned the jury not be sequestered a couple days longer. Real considerate. If only George was given consideration.

by Anonymousreply 393April 13, 2021 12:26 AM

^Do they currently live in a hotel or go home at night?

by Anonymousreply 394April 13, 2021 12:33 AM

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 395April 13, 2021 3:50 PM

I've been working all morning r395. Turning it on now

by Anonymousreply 396April 13, 2021 4:35 PM

I've been watching and laughing as Nelson further proves the prosecution case. Chauvin is going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 397April 13, 2021 5:02 PM

From your lips to God's ears, r397

by Anonymousreply 398April 13, 2021 5:20 PM

Is this shit still on?

by Anonymousreply 399April 13, 2021 5:54 PM

I'm enjoying this cross exam

by Anonymousreply 400April 13, 2021 7:16 PM

Is this a witness for the prosecution or defense? Missed the beginning today. Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th use of force expert now?

by Anonymousreply 401April 13, 2021 7:33 PM

Defense r401

by Anonymousreply 402April 13, 2021 7:34 PM

Thanks. I was wondering why he's so hostile and only answers with yes or no.

by Anonymousreply 403April 13, 2021 7:36 PM

I still have a bad feeling Chauvin will get away with it. I was sure George Zimmerman would be found guilty, and look how that ended

by Anonymousreply 404April 13, 2021 7:40 PM

Damn, here I was thinking Ray Walston's been dead for years, yet here he is on my TV testifying for the defense!

(Badly, I might add)

by Anonymousreply 405April 13, 2021 9:10 PM

The white haired witness is gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 406April 13, 2021 9:11 PM

The whitest man in the world was paid $11,000 to offer defense testimony that belies visual evidence, human biology, common sense and the laws of physics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407April 14, 2021 2:07 AM

The pearl-clutching photo at R407 is the perfect visual representation of so many DL threads — Lil Nas X, every royal family thread, "grocery shopping is like hell right now," Nicolas Fairford, etc.

by Anonymousreply 408April 14, 2021 3:21 AM

This S. African expert is devastating for the prosecution so far. He basically says Floyd had a very diseased heart, was a chronic drug user and on drugs at the time of his death. Now he's saying the car exhaust (carbon monoxide poisoning) was blasting on his face the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 409April 14, 2021 4:21 PM

R409 I guess we see what we want to see.... the expert seemed to have little impact as compared to the previous medical testimony. His exhaustive self-referential descriptions of his experience and qualifications made him seem kind of crackpot.

by Anonymousreply 410April 14, 2021 4:27 PM

R409 He's a hired gun. And I find him comical in his effort to blame carbon monoxide poisoning for Floyd's death. Again, that would be Chauvin's fault for holding him against the bottom of a car for nearly 10 min. Lol. Yesterday's witness was a sadist. I found him nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 411April 14, 2021 4:30 PM

He won't, but I wish the prosecutor would close by saying "If you believe our expert, Chauvin murdered Floyd with a knee to the neck while Floyd was handcuffed in a prone position. If you believe Chauvin's expert, Chauvin murdered Floyd with carbon monoxide."

by Anonymousreply 412April 14, 2021 5:27 PM

R409 I thought the newer cars didn’t have that issue?

by Anonymousreply 413April 14, 2021 5:35 PM

Chauvin didn't "murder" anyone. There's no indication he was a white supremacist or racist or any reason that he wanted to "murder" black people.

So he murdered Floyd on camera in front of a crowd to spend the rest of his life in prison? Right.

If anything this is a series of unfortunate events that created a perfect storm. Chauvin's incompetence; Floyd's health, age and drug problems; Floyd's resisting arrest; and several other factors that led to Floyd's heart failing.

by Anonymousreply 414April 14, 2021 5:36 PM

R414 You are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 415April 14, 2021 5:39 PM

I read an article of Floyd’s life, where it talked about the influence he had on youngsters in his neighborhood. There were photos of him during his college years and it will break your heart to see them compared to how he looked that day he died, teeth missing, etc. I know none of us look like we did 20+ years ago but drug use really ravaged him.

The article also stated that trouble found him which is like saying he didn’t get into trouble, it just happened to him. We can do better.

by Anonymousreply 416April 14, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote]There's no indication he was a white supremacist or racist or any reason that he wanted to "murder" black people.

Sad attempt to move the goalposts. You don't have to be a white supremacist to be a murderer. You don't have to want to murder black people generally to have murdered a particular black person.

Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck about 4 minutes after Floyd lost consciousness. Even if everything up to that was justified, that's murder.

by Anonymousreply 417April 14, 2021 5:44 PM

I feel sad for Floyd. No doubt he had a criminal past needed help, but no one deserves to die the way he did. His past didn't warrant a death sentence, nor did his addictions. Most victims aren't perfect people and I think people need to remember that.

by Anonymousreply 418April 14, 2021 5:53 PM

To have any chance now at a hung jury or reasonable-doubt acquittal, Chauvin's would have to take the stand. And his testimony has to include a demo where he gets down on the ground and puts his knee on somebody's neck, to show he wasn't on the carotid or windpipe, wasn't bearing down unduly, and that the subject is able to breathe just fine. That wouldn't totallly exonerate. It would just give him a chance at reasonable doubt on causation and/or extreme depravity.

But he's not gonna take the stand, too scared of Federal charges where his testimony here could hurt him.

I think he is a serious suicide risk at this juncture. He was willing to plead to Murder 3 and take a 10-year sentence, but on condition of no Federal charges and being allowed to serve his state sentence in a Fed facility. When that got a thumbs-down, he decided to roll the dice at trial hoping for an outcome that equaled or bettered what he was willing to plead to.

He was desperate not to serve state time, probably for good reason. He may prefer not to be alive rather than face the execution he'd be in danger of in MN state prison.

by Anonymousreply 419April 14, 2021 5:54 PM

This ME "Carbon Monoxide" ass is beyond mentally deficient.

by Anonymousreply 420April 14, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote] I guess we see what we want to see.

Certainly true on a thread mainly composed of the old women knitting by the guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 421April 14, 2021 6:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422April 14, 2021 6:22 PM

Bwahaha, r414! What a card!

If I chop off your head and your heart stops, you didn't die from any cardiac illness. Or air pollution. Or drug ingestion.

Chauvin is SHOWN ignoring pleas for help, both by the onlooking group (hardly a "crowd") and by George Floyd in extremis.

That Chauvin CONTINUED pressing shows depraved indifference to life and a deliberate choice to kill.

Chauvin was unaware of ANY health problems of George Floyd, thus he pressed and pressed and pressed until HIS ACTIONS caused death.

by Anonymousreply 423April 14, 2021 6:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424April 14, 2021 6:25 PM

Egad r424!! Those ears

by Anonymousreply 425April 14, 2021 6:26 PM

Chauvin ain't gonna last long in prison. He gonna get his ass shanked right quick.

by Anonymousreply 426April 14, 2021 6:45 PM

I view Chauvin's knee/leg/weight was the primary reason Floyd died. The deprivation of oxygen caused it. That said, I am sick of CNN's & MSNBC's excessive coverage of this with adament pro-conviction anchors and flamboyant commentators cheerleading for a conviction. The is being done with the woman police officer in the more recent incident. I don't need to see Ben Crump every hour who personally profits with these sad events.

Networks championing a result while a trial is "in process" should not be happening. Why have a jury? Just let Jake Tapper, Katie Tur, Jason Johnson, etc. declare Chauvin guilty and sentence him. Tear gas, pepper spray, and looting, and exploiting emotions, gives CNN orgasms. I don't watch Fox propaganda those ignores or goes the other way.

by Anonymousreply 427April 14, 2021 7:13 PM

I agree r427. The daily, all-day coverage is excessive and unwarranted.

by Anonymousreply 428April 14, 2021 7:19 PM

R428 R427 Your all-day excessive complaining about the trial is excessive and unwarranted.

That anyone could read R414 and think this was a reasonable mind describing and reacting to the original incident and subsequent trial... is exactly what is very seriously troubled with our country. Bless you - try some prayer and private reflection, k?

by Anonymousreply 429April 14, 2021 7:26 PM

r429 you're not the fucking boss of Datalounge. We'll post as much as we want to. I know you are a sheep who takes everything the media spoon-feeds you, but others can think more critically and can call out media manipulation when we see it.

by Anonymousreply 430April 14, 2021 7:28 PM

r427 makes some excellent points. Of course simpletons like r429 can't see it.

by Anonymousreply 431April 14, 2021 7:29 PM

R430 What are your opinions about Fox? Do tell how your critical mind assesses it?

by Anonymousreply 432April 14, 2021 7:30 PM

Fox is the propaganda machine of the Republican party. You see r432, not everybody is a black and white thinker. Feeling that the coverage of the Chauvin trial is excessive and unwarranted does not automatically make one a racist or a Republican. Having a critical eye to what the media is doing here, as well as awareness that the media is caving to what is currently fashionable and realizing that that is not the job of the media, is what intelligent, educated people do.

by Anonymousreply 433April 14, 2021 7:39 PM

R427, Yeah, it's not like we have any video of the killing or anything. Why the harsh judgments?!

I mean, maybe a Colombian drug cartel did it!

by Anonymousreply 434April 14, 2021 8:46 PM

R427 Because American jurisprudence has never been tainted by media coverage before (OJ0, and why should this trial be of any interest, other than the video was explicitly horrifying to the extent it went international and motivated an unusual amount of public protests, the impact of which are just now being understood. Yeah, sure, it's overkill.

by Anonymousreply 435April 14, 2021 9:03 PM

R434 Actually the commies in Venezuela and George Soros conspired to set Chauvin up!! Prove that they didn't!!

by Anonymousreply 436April 14, 2021 9:05 PM

The Chauvin trial is old same old for Fowler:

[quote]GREENSBORO, MD – One of the witnesses for Derek Chauvin defending him in his murder trial in the killing of George Floyd, Dr. David Fowler, is currently being sued by the family of Anton Black, a 19 year old Black teenager killed by police in Maryland. As Maryland medical examiner, Fowler claimed that Anton died of natural causes, saying that his bipolar disorder was a contributing factor, rather than the weight pressed on Anton while he was held facedown by three white officers and a white civilian.

[quote]“Under Dr. Fowler’s leadership, the Maryland Office of the Medical Examiner has been complicit in creating false narratives about what kills Black people in police encounters, including Tyrone West, Tawon Boyd, Anton Black, and too many others. The medical examiner’s office ruled that Anton Black’s death was not a homicide even though video showed police chase him, tase him, and pin him face down to the ground after he was handcuffed and at which point he stopped breathing. The medical examiner blamed Anton for his own death — peppering its report with false claims about laced drugs, a heart condition, and even Anton’s bipolar disorder — instead of the police who killed him. The family was forced to pay for outside experts help to understand what really killed Anton.

[quote]“Video shows that police killed George Floyd. Dr. Fowler is again ignoring plain evidence in the killing of a Black man who would be alive but for the actions of other people because those people were police. Medical examiners hugely impact our ability to end police violence. When medical examiners and others downplay the role of police actions in causing a death, they are both protecting police and hiding information that could prevent avoidable deaths. That is exactly what happened in the police killing of Anton Black, and other Black people in Maryland. We hope that ends now.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437April 15, 2021 7:56 AM

The defense has rested.

by Anonymousreply 438April 15, 2021 3:08 PM

Closing arguments are expected April 19

by Anonymousreply 439April 15, 2021 3:10 PM

Unless there are some closet racists on the jury (what are the odds? Good.) this was a slam dunk for the prosecution. Even the defense’s star witness couldn’t convincingly say George died from drugs and/or heart condition. The most he said was that it was undetermined.

by Anonymousreply 440April 15, 2021 3:11 PM

I hope there are no MAGA's on the jury, the verdict has to be unanimous.

by Anonymousreply 441April 15, 2021 3:17 PM

Even if convicted there are grounds for appeal. With all the media cheerleading for the prosecution the jury should have been sequestered.

by Anonymousreply 442April 15, 2021 3:22 PM

"With all the media comprising people with working eyes and ears....."

FIFY, R442.

by Anonymousreply 443April 15, 2021 3:30 PM

R442 The drumbeat of "anti-media" sentiment - overriding the facts of the case. Answer this question: based upon the information available to you, do you believe Chauvin is guilty?

by Anonymousreply 444April 15, 2021 3:48 PM

Well, r442, anything can be appealed but meanwhile, Chauvin will be doing time during that process.

by Anonymousreply 445April 15, 2021 3:49 PM

R444, we know that r442 won’t answer it honestly. The prosecution brought facts to the case, the defense... not so much. The prosecution had overwhelming evidence for conviction.

by Anonymousreply 446April 15, 2021 3:51 PM

Have they made closing statements yet?

by Anonymousreply 447April 15, 2021 4:23 PM

Monday, April 19, r447.

by Anonymousreply 448April 15, 2021 4:33 PM

Thanks r448

by Anonymousreply 449April 15, 2021 4:35 PM

Thank god. Wrap this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 450April 15, 2021 5:42 PM

I still say he walks on all charges. MAYBE they get him on manslaughter. There's just no way there isn't at least one white person on the jury who will have a sympathetic view of the police.

by Anonymousreply 451April 15, 2021 5:54 PM

R451 Stop the obfuscation, really. It's destructive. "Sympathetic view of the police" is completely irrelevant to judging what Chauvin did. Being white, black or purple has nothing to do with deciding if he is guilty. The video of what he did is in front of us.

by Anonymousreply 452April 15, 2021 6:18 PM

R452 yeah if you live in an ideal fantasy world. I don’t, and I have no faith that there isn’t a deplorable on the jury who doesn’t care about objective facts.

by Anonymousreply 453April 15, 2021 6:24 PM

R453 I'd invite you to consider that your thinking (as represented by how you post about this case) is the ack ack in the air. "Sympathetic view of the police" is how you described what you then described as "a deplorable."

We are thinking about this together...

by Anonymousreply 454April 15, 2021 6:29 PM

R541, in that scenario he doesn’t walk. How many times to we have to we have to repeat it’s a hung jury and he is retried??

by Anonymousreply 455April 15, 2021 6:34 PM

I can't see how they could find him anything other than guilty. There's no way in hell Floyd just happened to die of a heart attack from drug abuse while someone was kneeling on his neck. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 456April 15, 2021 6:37 PM

Have they started boarding up every business in the greater Twin Cities metroplex? Like for a hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 457April 15, 2021 8:09 PM

Amazed at the poor showing by the defense. Not at all a slam-drunk to hang or acquit, but they did have cogent arguments and failed to pursue them with gusto and incisive focus. And their expert presentation thus far has been bad. Wonder if they did not have money to bring in big-gun experts who could put on a better show than that "carbon monoxide" clown.

by Anonymousreply 458April 15, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote]I still say he walks on all charges. MAYBE they get him on manslaughter. There's just no way there isn't at least one white person on the jury who will have a sympathetic view of the police.

For Chauvin to "walk on all charges", he needs a UNANIMOUS "not guilty" on all charges -- no way that's happening. The best he can hope for is a hung jury.

by Anonymousreply 459April 15, 2021 10:25 PM

If Chauvin walks, every city in this country will be burned to the fucking ground.

by Anonymousreply 460April 15, 2021 10:41 PM

CNN just played a video of a 13 year old boy being shot and killed by cops in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 461April 15, 2021 10:56 PM

That's tragic beyond words R461. All these shootings are really starting to get me down. And I can't imagine how terrified black people are when they see blue lights. America has a problem with policing. A very deep seated one.

by Anonymousreply 462April 15, 2021 11:07 PM

Chauvin is getting railroaded to prevent riots. From our vantage point, the 140 lb. Chauvin is doing what he is trained to do (leg across neck). He probably went too far, but that was a mistake- not a white supremacist hunting a negro down to murder in cold blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463April 15, 2021 11:35 PM

Oh, r463. You’re not even trying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 464April 15, 2021 11:39 PM

R464 Right? I wonder if it isn't even a human, but some algorithm - but barely coherently pulling stuff from social media to post... I mean, who is "we" in the "our"?

by Anonymousreply 465April 15, 2021 11:43 PM

Definitely a bot of some kind, r465. Or someone is randomly (and badly) copying and pasting without even looking. In any case... pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 466April 15, 2021 11:47 PM

r463 I was going to call bullshit on the 140lbs. but I looked it up and several sources list Chauvin's weight as 140lbs. At 5'9" that's crazy thin.

by Anonymousreply 467April 15, 2021 11:51 PM

How the hell does he only weigh 140?

by Anonymousreply 468April 16, 2021 4:35 AM

Weird, isn't it? That's scarecrow-thin for a guy of his height.

by Anonymousreply 469April 16, 2021 4:41 AM

I did not know that he was so thin. In my classes, women some time practice restraining moves similar to Chauvin.

I have to pretend that I can’t throw them off me.

by Anonymousreply 470April 16, 2021 8:54 AM

In Chauvin's mind, he was not placing life-threatening weight or pressure on a life-threatening spot. He needs to pay for his gross malfeasance, but he wasn't sitting there plotting a murder.

by Anonymousreply 471April 16, 2021 11:46 AM

And you know what Chauvin was thinking how, r471?

I say "in his mind" and unaware of any health problems of Mr. Floyd, Officer Chauvin pressed and pressed to make SURE.

by Anonymousreply 472April 16, 2021 12:38 PM

R472, and that's why he isn't being charged with 1st-degree murder.

by Anonymousreply 473April 16, 2021 1:14 PM

[quote] If Chauvin walks, every city in this country will be burned to the fucking ground.

No, just the cities that give a free pass to rioters, looters, and arsonists. And then not the gated neighborhoods of the city elite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 16, 2021 5:36 PM

Sorry, I can't get over how Chauvin weighs only 140.

Of course, I realize that's considered fat by DL standards.

by Anonymousreply 475April 16, 2021 5:38 PM

Me too r475. I'm also 5'9" and I'm 176 lbs. and I'm quite thin. 140lbs. on a 5'9" frame sounds anorexic to me.

by Anonymousreply 476April 16, 2021 5:48 PM

I'm 5'6 and 145ish, R476, but I've always had a thinner build. I don't know how a 5'9 man can weigh 140.

by Anonymousreply 477April 16, 2021 5:51 PM

"No, just the cities that give a free pass to killer-cops."

FTFY, R474.

by Anonymousreply 478April 16, 2021 8:09 PM

You used to have to qualify to be a cop in terms of physical stats and other factors. But now they'll take anybody, which is a big part of the misuse-of-force problem.

by Anonymousreply 479April 16, 2021 10:19 PM

I think Chauvin has put on weight in jail. His earlier photos show a wiry build.

It's just manslaughter. The same as his homie Morries is going to get for giving him the drugs that made him bug-out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480April 16, 2021 11:48 PM

What about the other three cops? When are their trials?

by Anonymousreply 481April 17, 2021 2:20 AM

I wonder how much he had to pay that smarmy lawyer for this subpar job and if he's broke after this trial, divorce, appeal and civil suits. If he walks, at least he will be broke, unemployed and a target for the rest of his life. Did the ex-wife support him in court? Any family members?

by Anonymousreply 482April 17, 2021 9:42 AM

[quote] Well, R442, anything can be appealed but meanwhile, Chauvin will be doing time during that process.

While I firmly believe this will be the case here (Chauvin will be remanded pending appeals) it’s not always. Some defendants have been permitted bail while the appeals wend their way through the courts.

Mostly rich defendants.

by Anonymousreply 483April 17, 2021 11:58 PM

Appeals must be based upon reasons.

Guilty verdict on 4/22. My bet.

by Anonymousreply 484April 18, 2021 5:55 AM

So final arguments are tomorrow. Do we know when deliberations start? I think it might take a day or two, only because the jury will be discussing second or third degree charges. The prosecution definitely made strong cases.

by Anonymousreply 485April 18, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote] Do we know when deliberations start?

Deliberations begin immediately after final summation. The real question is how long those will be.

by Anonymousreply 486April 18, 2021 2:20 PM

R486 I don’t expect them to take long; it’s an open and shut case if ever there was one.

by Anonymousreply 487April 18, 2021 6:43 PM

I think (and hope) he'll be found guilty too. Probably manslaughter and third degree murder. I hope for second-degree, though. I think acquittal is almost impossible but a hung jury could still happen.

But there will be a lot of grounds for appeal. His lawyers will argue the case should've been moved out of Minneapolis to some rural area because he couldn't get a fair trial in Minneapolis. They'll also argue a mistrial should've been declared when the city, in an incredibly stupid move, announced a settlement with Floyd's family during jury selection. Why couldn't they wait until after it all concluded? And they'll argue the jury should've been sequestered from the start.

The Minnesota Supreme Court is fairly left-wing so I doubt they'd overturn his conviction. But if it moves into federal courts, which bend over backwards for cops, it might happen.

by Anonymousreply 488April 18, 2021 6:52 PM

Moron Brian Williams said last week that "it only takes one juror to get an acquittal." For the LAST TIME: it takes a UNANIMOUS vote of "not guilty" on all charges to get an acquittal. If there is even one lone holdout, it is a HUNG JURY. And a complete waste of time and effort, even though he will be tried again.

by Anonymousreply 489April 18, 2021 7:17 PM

Steve Schleicher will be delivering the closing argument tomorrow. 3 weeks ago ABC, CBS, and NBC aired the opening statements for each side instead of regular scheduled programming along with several cable news outlets. The beginning of the end starts at 9am CST.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490April 19, 2021 2:36 AM

Maxine Waters traveled from California to tell the street mob to get more " confrontational" in the streets if the man isn't convicted of murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491April 19, 2021 2:53 AM

How long was the defense presentation once it was their turn? Five minutes? It's dumbfounding. Incompetent, beyond belief. A real defense should have taken a couple of weeks, like the prosecution's case. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 492April 19, 2021 3:53 AM

BLACKWELL should be giving the closing argument!!! Prosecution can't afford any mistakes!

by Anonymousreply 493April 19, 2021 3:54 AM

R489, It might have been a genuine slip of the tongue.

by Anonymousreply 494April 19, 2021 6:43 AM

Thanks r490

by Anonymousreply 495April 19, 2021 9:58 AM

[Quote] A real defense should have taken a couple of weeks, like the prosecution's case. WTF?

I guess this is not a problem when you're a millionaire like OJ Simpson, but for a cop who will probably already be broke after this trial, it is not really a possibility to have 100 expert witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 496April 19, 2021 10:53 AM

Given the way the prosecution tore apart the defense witnesses who did testify ... maybe it was good that they kept their witnesses to a minimum.

by Anonymousreply 497April 19, 2021 11:12 AM

I’m still shocked they didn’t have any cross examination at all of the woman we refer to as Morticia. That’s crazy.

However, I guarantee one of his appeals will be ineffective assistance of counsel.

by Anonymousreply 498April 19, 2021 1:22 PM

^You get what you pay for. I bet he still paid that smarmy lawyer $100k+ plus thousands for the expert witnesses. He'll probably get a public defender at some point. The Floyd family or the City will probably also sue him after this trial.

by Anonymousreply 499April 19, 2021 1:34 PM

No one watching today? Looks like Derek Chauvin only owns two suits.

by Anonymousreply 500April 19, 2021 2:38 PM

Just turned it on r500

by Anonymousreply 501April 19, 2021 2:39 PM

This has been a very sad trial. I will be stunned if Chauvin isn't found guilty.

by Anonymousreply 502April 19, 2021 2:41 PM

I wonder what Chauvin's attorney really thinks about the case

by Anonymousreply 503April 19, 2021 2:41 PM

^The motherfucker is totally guilty, but thanks for the cheque???

by Anonymousreply 504April 19, 2021 2:44 PM

Lol r504

by Anonymousreply 505April 19, 2021 2:47 PM

Damn it I hope he's found guilty of murder

by Anonymousreply 506April 19, 2021 2:50 PM

The shorter the jury deliberations the better for the proscecution.

by Anonymousreply 507April 19, 2021 2:52 PM

So Chauvin will go to prison for a while... and all will be well, right? Until the next doped-up criminal treats his arrest like it's a WWF match.

They need to teach a class in schools on how to get arrested.

by Anonymousreply 508April 19, 2021 3:12 PM

^Or you teach police officers how to not kill people while arresting them r508? Most police officers around the globe manage to arrest people and not kill them in the process so I guess this is an American problem.

by Anonymousreply 509April 19, 2021 3:17 PM

Repeatedly showing the now-infamous still of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd with that arrogant look on his face have to be scoring points with the jury.

by Anonymousreply 510April 19, 2021 3:43 PM

Prosecution's closing argument is way to long in my opinion. I was bored and changed the channel.

by Anonymousreply 511April 19, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote]Prosecution's closing argument is way to long in my opinion.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 512April 19, 2021 4:07 PM

r512 has never heard of Autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 513April 19, 2021 4:08 PM

R513 has never heard that Autocorrect has a better knowledge of basic grammar than r512.

by Anonymousreply 514April 19, 2021 4:10 PM

r514 you really don't get it. At all.

by Anonymousreply 515April 19, 2021 4:10 PM

Powerful exhibit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516April 19, 2021 4:11 PM

20 minute break. After the defense gives their closing argument we will get another 20 minute break. Jerry Blackwell will deliver a brief rebuttal after the second break. Then jury will be able to start deliberations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517April 19, 2021 4:18 PM

I'm finding this guy Schleicher to be a little bit tepid; I know his job is to recap the entire case, but if you are going to stand in front of a group of twelve people and speak for well over an hour, you had better figure out ways to grab their attention and never let go. If I were giving this summation, the first thing I would have done is take a deep, deep BREATH - and tell the jury right from the jump that BREATH IS LIFE, that the ability to expand the lungs and draw in precious air equals LIFE - and that life was slowly, tortuously squeezed out of Floyd for over nine torturous minutes. I would then draw deep breaths every chance I got while reviewing the evidence and the charges, just to remind the jury that "I can't breathe" is the entire crux of this case. Let the jurors try to imagine what agonizing, prolonged death like this would feel like.

Apparently Blackwell, who is known as "the Johnnie Cochran of the South" gets the final word after the defense speaks. I hope he comes out firing on all cylinders - "with that knee on the neck, he's guilty as heck!"

by Anonymousreply 518April 19, 2021 4:20 PM

I eat old racist people’s excrement.

by Anonymousreply 519April 19, 2021 4:23 PM

Will the jury start right away or tomorrow? Maybe they will be back after only an hour.

by Anonymousreply 520April 19, 2021 4:25 PM

They start as soon as the closing arguments are finished. There could be a verdict today, but I doubt it. Court TV panel is now discussing how this guy's delivery was flat and trying to scrape up excuses for it. They're saying now that the prosecution "gets two bites of the apple" in closing arguments, and that this first guy did the "educational" part, and that the second speaker (Blackwell) will "bring the firepower." Let's hope so - because Schleicher only gets about a B minus from me. I some of us got bored, you know the jury did as well -

by Anonymousreply 521April 19, 2021 4:35 PM

R503 He’s a defense attorney; he defends violent criminals every day. He doesn’t care, it’s a big paycheck for him.

by Anonymousreply 522April 19, 2021 4:43 PM

Go to hell R511 and get off of this thread, you POS

by Anonymousreply 523April 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Is it fucking over yet? When do the riots start?

The pre-game show was boring, we're all waiting for the main event.

by Anonymousreply 524April 19, 2021 4:48 PM

The smug arrogant asshole is still sitting there enthusiastically scribbling into his notebook instead of paying attention and looking at people.

by Anonymousreply 525April 19, 2021 4:57 PM

I wonder if Nelson told his client to wear gray each day or if in fact he really does only own a couple of suits as someone said above.

by Anonymousreply 526April 19, 2021 5:00 PM

The fallout from this if he is found not guilty of murder is going to lead to global rioting.

by Anonymousreply 527April 19, 2021 5:18 PM

He's writing The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit: The Sequel r526

by Anonymousreply 528April 19, 2021 5:21 PM

A reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer, a reasonable police officer

All together now: a reasonable police officer

by Anonymousreply 529April 19, 2021 5:30 PM

I tend to give cops the benefit of the doubt but even I think Chauvin is guilty of 2nd degree murder and should go away for a long time. Kneeling on GF’s neck like that even after he passed out is depraved heart voluntary manslaughter for sure.

by Anonymousreply 530April 19, 2021 5:40 PM

Somehow I feel my second vaccine shot is going to be all for nothing. Shit is going to burn and people will be harmed if this man is acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 531April 19, 2021 5:43 PM

Just find him guilty of ANYTHING, please God.

I’m getting really nervous, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 532April 19, 2021 5:46 PM

Somehow the defense attorney thinks showing video of Floyd being murdered will somehow help his client?

by Anonymousreply 533April 19, 2021 5:48 PM

Can they bring out the cute EMT with the wrestler's ear one last time...for old time's sake?

by Anonymousreply 534April 19, 2021 5:50 PM

If the jury honestly does their duty they should reach a guilty verdict quickly. Juries don't like being sequestered so there's always that as well.

by Anonymousreply 535April 19, 2021 6:26 PM

The defense attorney keeps telling the jury he's sorry to be long winded. That could mean the jury seems restless and potentially have their minds made up and don't need to hear his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 536April 19, 2021 6:36 PM

The defense lawyer better exit the stage before "Kneecaps" Chauvin throws him on the floor and gives him the knees.

by Anonymousreply 537April 19, 2021 6:49 PM

Whenever Nelson decides to finish we are going to get a nice long lunch break and then Blackwell can provide a rebuttal.

by Anonymousreply 538April 19, 2021 6:57 PM

The repetitive litany "A reasonable officer" repeatedly reminds us that Derek Chauvin was not a reasonable officer.

by Anonymousreply 539April 19, 2021 6:58 PM

The defense is so desperately trying to accentuate reasonable doubt, but he is failing by continuing to show the footage...even his lawyer is making the prosecution's case.

by Anonymousreply 540April 19, 2021 7:05 PM

Nelson's closing argument is probably based on all the notes Chauvin been scribbling down.

Chauvin may have even written it for him.

by Anonymousreply 541April 19, 2021 7:06 PM

I bet these jurors are dying to pee. Good God, will Nelson ever shut up?

by Anonymousreply 542April 19, 2021 7:07 PM

I’m extremely nervous now. My hopes for a guilty verdict are gone.

Def atty only needs one wingnut to avoid guilty verdict. By replaying the video over and over he DESENSITIZES jury...

Generally a quick verdict is NG This smug douchebag knows if he throws enough shit against the wall .... something will stick

by Anonymousreply 543April 19, 2021 7:09 PM

It's a preposterous notion that your client is not fucking guilty.

by Anonymousreply 544April 19, 2021 7:10 PM

Jury had enough and wants some lunch. Lol.

Someone should count how many times that guy said 'a reasonable police officer'.

by Anonymousreply 545April 19, 2021 7:12 PM

I am waiting for a transcript so I could count how many times Nelson said a reasonable police officer. I was expecting repetition of reasonable doubt and was up to count 19.

by Anonymousreply 546April 19, 2021 7:16 PM

Ferret Nelson is going down as one of the most hated attorneys in America, up there with Rudy Giuliani, Alan Dershowitz, Sidney Powell, and Lin Wood.

Derek Chauvin is going down as one of the most hated American men ever. If he's found not guilty, all hell will break loose. And that's an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 547April 19, 2021 7:17 PM

I know we will never hear from Chavin but I would love to know what was going thru his head. Why, why, why??

by Anonymousreply 548April 19, 2021 7:17 PM

[quote]I am waiting for a transcript so I could count how many times Nelson said a reasonable police officer.

Why the fuck would you bother to do that?

by Anonymousreply 549April 19, 2021 7:18 PM

R547, go board your house up and clutch those pears.

by Anonymousreply 550April 19, 2021 7:19 PM

I am not going to count myself with a transcript. We are in the 21st century and I can crtl+f how many times a word or phrase occurs can be displayed with technology.

by Anonymousreply 551April 19, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote] go board your house up and clutch those pears.

What's all this talk I hear of clutching pears? Pears are a delicate fruit, and clutching bruises them!! Stop clutching those pears, I say! It's pear abuse!!!

by Anonymousreply 552April 19, 2021 7:23 PM

đŸ€Ł Sorry, Attorney Nelson, I don't mean to interrupt you, but we're taking a thirty minute break for lunch !

by Anonymousreply 553April 19, 2021 7:24 PM

R550: Hon, In not boarding up anything. If the pig is freed, I'm heading to your house. With accelerant.

by Anonymousreply 554April 19, 2021 7:25 PM

I bet Chauvin's got a tiny pear.

by Anonymousreply 555April 19, 2021 7:26 PM

If he's not guilty, I'm sure one of these vile publishers will offer him a book deal and find out r548. The cop who shot Breanna Taylor got a book deal and I just read that evil Bill Barr and our newest Supreme Court judge Amy also just signed a $2M deal.

by Anonymousreply 556April 19, 2021 7:31 PM

The whole trial is based on the paranoid idea that white guys secretly want black people dead. That's why Chauvin "murdered" Floyd.

The simple truth is that if Floyd had cooperated he'd be alive. In jail (again) but alive. And please disregard his bad acting; his hollering and fake crying and yelling for ma are all drama queen- we've all seen it many times on "COPS".

by Anonymousreply 557April 19, 2021 7:35 PM

Had I been the judge I would have granted the defense motion to sequester the jury. The media's one sided coverage plus Maxine Waters cheerleading for violence if they don't get the verdict they want will be issues.

by Anonymousreply 558April 19, 2021 7:35 PM

Way too fucking many.

That's your answer, r549.

by Anonymousreply 559April 19, 2021 7:35 PM

Chauvin looks smug as shit. If removing his mask was so that he can "connect" with the jury, it failed massively.

by Anonymousreply 560April 19, 2021 7:47 PM

Too bad Nelson isn't standing on vaudeville style drop flooring.

by Anonymousreply 561April 19, 2021 7:49 PM

Since Chauvin disdains necks so much, he should be guillotined and his head put on a spike under an American flag.

by Anonymousreply 562April 19, 2021 7:50 PM

Fuck you R557

by Anonymousreply 563April 19, 2021 7:51 PM

Why isn't there a freaking time limit?

by Anonymousreply 564April 19, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote]The whole trial is based on the paranoid idea that white guys secretly want black people dead.

White guys, like everybody else, just don't want to live around black people. That's all there is to it.

by Anonymousreply 565April 19, 2021 7:54 PM

Minneapolis is going to be burnt down regardless of whether the verdict is guilty or not.

by Anonymousreply 566April 19, 2021 7:58 PM

How many goddamned fucking times can r566 be repeated in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 567April 19, 2021 8:05 PM

R560 I don’t think he looks smug. I think he looks drawn and ill. They showed him briefly with his mask off. He looks deathly.

by Anonymousreply 568April 19, 2021 8:10 PM

Reminder, r508: One is not a criminal until one has been duly convicted of a crime. An arrest is, contrary apparently to the opinions of you and Chauvin, not a trial.

Never mind any sentencing and punishment.

by Anonymousreply 569April 19, 2021 8:13 PM

When will they start deliberating? Immediately, or tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 570April 19, 2021 8:13 PM

Immediately.

by Anonymousreply 571April 19, 2021 8:14 PM

And maybe that's fitting for this den of Fascism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572April 19, 2021 8:17 PM

R569, Floyd had 8 previous convictions prior to his encounter with Chauvin.

by Anonymousreply 573April 19, 2021 8:17 PM

... and r573?

by Anonymousreply 574April 19, 2021 8:19 PM

Love Blackwell for continuing for pronouncing Chauvin differently with the killer himself a few feet away.

by Anonymousreply 575April 19, 2021 8:23 PM

I wonder if Chauvin's loving wife or any family members were there to support him. Where does he live while out on bail? Will they arrest him immediately if found guilty? Imagine randomly meeting this guy at the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 576April 19, 2021 8:24 PM

R573, Did he pay his dues, or not? Were the offenses capital crimes?

Derek Chauvin has 18 prior formal complaints on file against him as a police officer.

Moreover, he and his wife currently face 9 counts of income tax evasion. (Reminder: Capone)

So isn't Chauvin, in your eyes, also a criminal?

by Anonymousreply 577April 19, 2021 8:28 PM

I think this was a 'perfect storm' of coincidences. I really believe Floyd would have died that day- Chauvin or not. Fentanyl and other drugs and heart disease and clogged arteries and a tumor? C'mon, at 47 he wasn't long for this earth.

And he was heading-off to party with Morries and Shawanda. Is she a prostitute? MMF threesome?

And the crowd distracted the cops. People kept barking shit at them.

by Anonymousreply 578April 19, 2021 8:29 PM

R576, Seriously? Chauvin lives probably at home, out on bail.

If found guilty, he's probably going straight from the courtroom to a cell.

R578, Do you often "really believe" completely unfounded notions?

by Anonymousreply 579April 19, 2021 8:32 PM

R577, your point is entirely valid but Trolls don't listen to reason. Just F/F and Block.

by Anonymousreply 580April 19, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote]Def atty only needs one wingnut to avoid guilty verdict.

Not likely to be acquitted, since acquittal and conviction both require a unanimous verdict. A hung jury will almost certainly result in a retrial.

by Anonymousreply 581April 19, 2021 8:36 PM

46th Witness = Common Sense

Reasonable Is As Reasonable Does

No Excuse For Police Abuse

by Anonymousreply 582April 19, 2021 8:38 PM

Also, r578, we can plainly observe that nobody whosoever "distracted" the implacable blackguard Derek Chauvin.

by Anonymousreply 583April 19, 2021 8:38 PM

Blackwell's delivery is very Barack Obama-esque.

by Anonymousreply 584April 19, 2021 8:47 PM

"Distracted by the crowd?"

We're there even a dozen people in that crowd? And not one of them were making threatening motions. They were more like cautious observers.

by Anonymousreply 585April 19, 2021 8:50 PM

^^^ Where

Yes, I Know !

by Anonymousreply 586April 19, 2021 8:53 PM

"[R576], Seriously? Chauvin lives probably at home, out on bail."

Yes, seriously. Remember people attacked his house last summer and his police friends had to guard it 24/7. His wife sold it bc it was too dangerous to live there. He doesn't have a home anymore or family.

by Anonymousreply 587April 19, 2021 8:57 PM

He's not going to last long in prison, someone will shank his ass.

by Anonymousreply 588April 19, 2021 8:59 PM

We need a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 589April 19, 2021 9:01 PM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590April 19, 2021 9:06 PM

The judge just said Maxine Waters may have given the defense something for an appeal.

Great job, Maxine, your withered cunt.

by Anonymousreply 591April 19, 2021 9:08 PM

All I can say is after watching a lot of the trial and seeing all that evidence, that $27 million check was way too much.

by Anonymousreply 592April 19, 2021 9:09 PM

R576 I would have advised Chauvin’s family from supporting him. They have targets on their backs now; not need to encourage anymore violence.

by Anonymousreply 593April 19, 2021 9:09 PM

Is Eric Nelson a MAGAt? He's trying to go for a mistrial because of Maxine Waters's remarks about the case.

by Anonymousreply 594April 19, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote]The judge just said Maxine Waters may have given the defense something for an appeal.

He just said that he doesn't expect comments by politicians to impact the verdict.

by Anonymousreply 595April 19, 2021 9:11 PM

R592 is sad that he’s worth pennies on the dollar.

by Anonymousreply 596April 19, 2021 9:11 PM

R585 I think that crowd did more harm than good. The “you a bum, bro,” guy and the hatchet faced firefighter. I wonder if Chauvain stayed on Floyd in response to their comments.

by Anonymousreply 597April 19, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]I wonder if Chauvain stayed on Floyd in response to their comments.

He had the opportunity to say so if that was the case, but he didn't take it.

by Anonymousreply 598April 19, 2021 9:19 PM

R584 Nelson’s personal politics aren’t at play here; it’s about a big payout and a reputation boost (anyone who defends a high profile criminal gets notoriety).

His job is to do the best he can for his (paying) client. He would be remiss if he didn’t mention the Maxine Waters statement.

by Anonymousreply 599April 19, 2021 9:19 PM

R573, it's fascist logic (and Datalounge way too often). If you don't like someone they lose their civil rights and can be murdered by the police without consequences.

by Anonymousreply 600April 19, 2021 9:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!