Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Preachers in high ticket designer shoes and clothes

Love it - this instagram site collects pics of preachers in 1000 dollar nikes and 20K coats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2021 3:25 AM

Yet there are starving children and people without healthcare...

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2021 8:26 PM

All that money and you still look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2021 8:36 PM

how the fuck does that hideous, tacky jack cost $20k? It looks like a fake youd get in Chinatown

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2021 8:38 PM

Why are Christians such stupid, superficial, hypocritical cunts?

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2021 8:40 PM

That guy is always in the news for cheating on his wife. His congregation still pays him a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2021 8:42 PM

They look like hipster clowns. Sad that they are duping people out of their hard earned cash for this trash.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2021 8:45 PM

Tithe, bitches, tithe!!

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2021 8:47 PM

Wow those shoes are fugly and $$$

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2021 8:50 PM

All churches need to be taxed.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2021 9:14 PM

R8 so much expensive clothing is ugly as shit. I'll never understand it

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2021 9:18 PM

Yeezy is way overpriced and overrated, manufactured by another fake Christian.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2021 9:28 PM

Are there lots of pictures of former pastor Carl Lentz on the site?

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2021 9:30 PM

Damn, what idiot would pay $1,339 for a white T shirt? That price has to be an error.

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2021 9:30 PM

R13 no people are that fucking stupid. It's a LOUIS VUITTON white tee.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2021 9:33 PM

R13 cost $1 to manufacture in China. A fool and his money are soon parted.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2021 9:43 PM

And this is just another reason why I fucking hate religion. I went to HS with the dorky son of a local mega-church couple and he always had designer clothes, but he still wasn’t popular. That money is going to fund their lavish lifestyles. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2021 9:45 PM

The pastor at the church my partner and I attend wore Louboutin shoes one Sunday. We were surprised, but it is a large church that brings in millions every year. If he were CEO of a company bringing in the same money, they would pay him just as well or more.

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2021 9:59 PM

R17 the difference is TAXATION!

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2021 10:06 PM

You’re right, r18. They should pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2021 10:10 PM

(5) The congregation continues paying because he will say "Jesus told him he needs to have nice things"

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2021 10:10 PM

R12 Former Pastor Carl Lenz still has a Bieber smell on his lips.

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2021 10:21 PM

My parents took me to church when I was little. I was baptized, did Sunday school, the whole nine yards. I never bought into it, even before I realized I was gay. I think I was born a skeptic.

by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2021 10:22 PM

Prosperity gospel is one of the biggest religious scams to come along in a while.

Just convince a stupid congregation that by giving the church your money, God will reward you with more money.

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2021 10:26 PM

Maybe somewhat related:

I work at a Starbucks, once or twice a week we get a group of Salvation Army Salvationists come in for beverages. They arrive in a van and are all polite but they buy $5-$7 drinks. I rethink donating to their organization after witnessing the soldiers self indulge while there are starving and distitute people in the world.

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2021 10:26 PM

These designers know they can con any new-rich black person into buying HIDEOUS clothes with their logos plastered all over it. There's no possible way that jacket is worth $19k.

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2021 10:26 PM

Between the sex abuse scandals and the preachers like Osteen living in mansions, it's a wonder organized religion hasn't been completely abandoned

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2021 10:28 PM

Because white people NEVER wear this garbage ...

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2021 10:29 PM

My ex goes to this church where the pastor and his wife think they’re the next Osteens. Apparently at one service he was commenting on the people who drove jalopies and that they didn’t make his church look good. Guy drives a Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2021 10:31 PM

r24 - The Salvation Army is evil and discriminates against LGBT people so fuck them

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2021 10:39 PM

These people and their brethren are vile. Creflo and Taffy Dollar? Are you kidding me? Are their kids Moe and Maya. JFC people are stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote]Damn, what idiot would pay $1,339 for a white T shirt?

I did warn you!

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2021 10:42 PM

I got a Louis Vitton butt plug in Panama City it was only 6.99

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2021 10:44 PM

The Pope wears special silk underwear.

by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2021 11:00 PM

Most of those shoes were ugly as fuck

by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2021 11:06 PM

I can only hope that these "good Christians" are balancing the opposing need to represent their church with a good personal appearance and the need to help those in need... by buying cheap ripoffs of these overpriced designer things.

IT'S A SIN TO PAY RETAIL!!!

by Anonymousreply 35March 30, 2021 11:21 PM

Trash. The preachers, and their wardrobes.

by Anonymousreply 36March 30, 2021 11:24 PM

Who are these bitches? I’d like to cut loose in some casualwear, just once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 30, 2021 11:30 PM

Back in the 80s when our aspirational cousins became born again Christians my aunt told my mom “Jim and Tammy say it’s OK for Christians to have nice things”. That’s the whole mindset. They think their material wealth means that God loves them more.

by Anonymousreply 38March 30, 2021 11:36 PM

Jesus saves!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 30, 2021 11:59 PM

"They think their material wealth means that God loves them more."

That's a very old belief, and goes back to Calvinism and the doctorate of the Elect - one of the vilest and most destructive doctrines every to embarrass Jesus by using his name. The horrible John Calvin and his followers believed that people were born damned or saved, and that their behavior didn't effect whether they ended up in heaven or hell, and that God showed his favor towards those born "Elect" by showering them with good luck and material goods here on Earth. The Calvinists were mean, nasty, materialist, sociopathic sonsabitches, who called themselves Christian while ignoring everything Jesus ever said.

Of course a lot of the modern middle-class Republicans assholes who call themselves Christians these days believe something pretty similar, they also feel free to ignore everything Jesus ever told humanity.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2021 12:08 AM

"distitute people"

Oh, dear!

"doctorate of the Elect"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2021 1:12 AM

If Jesus were to suddenly materialize on the Earth, no one would recognize him, least of all preachers and their ilk. Republicans would accuse him of being part of Antifa and Democrats would assume he was merely a part of the un-homed.

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2021 1:27 AM

r42 bullshit Jesus is a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2021 2:02 AM

R42 Of course they wouldn’t recognize him, most of them can’t phantom a Jesus who isn’t white.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2021 2:08 AM

These Nike Jesus shoes were 4K. Of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2021 2:16 AM

The only one I even recognized at OP's link was Carl Lentz and I wouldn't even have recognized him if I hadn't seen threads about him on DL. Why don't they name them?

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2021 2:18 AM

Jesus may have been a simple man...

but I like to think he'd appreciate a beautiful and well-made caftan

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2021 2:43 AM

Will any of them be buying Little Nas X satan sneakers?

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2021 2:47 AM

This is disgusting. They steal and manipulate without guilt, because they know what they preach are nothing but lies and there is not punishment outside this world. Most religions are nothing but parasites

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2021 3:52 AM

My dad and stepmother way back in the early 90's were going to a Lutheran church. She is 100% German descent and went to Lutheran schools. Her family were all hard-core Lutherans.

One Sunday, the Pastor repeatedly made comments about tithing. If you gave up going out to eat a couple times a month etc. He and his wife were both driving brand new Saabs. That was the last time they stepped foot in a Lutheran church.

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2021 5:25 AM

I will never understand wearing huge logos or designer signature patterns. It's so tacky. That coat could cost 100K and it would still be the tackiest thing in any room. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2021 5:27 AM

Same R51. "I want to pay you a pile of money to be a billboard for you!"

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2021 5:48 AM

Keep black people away from designer clothing. 20K to be covered head to toe in labels. You can take the boy out of the ghetto...

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2021 6:48 AM

[quote] They look like hipster clowns. Sad that they are duping people out of their hard earned cash for this trash.

I thought the same thing about them looking like hipster clowns. A few years ago, I read some article about hipster ministers and churches using that kind of style to reel in followers.

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2021 5:26 PM

The clothing item that offends me the most is those DREADFUL Gucci pants one white nerdy preacher is wearing. They are an abomination and he's wearing them in not one but TWO photos!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 2, 2021 5:31 PM

Can we bring back the guillotine already?

by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote]Back in the 80s when our aspirational cousins became born again Christians my aunt told my mom “Jim and Tammy say it’s OK for Christians to have nice things”. That’s the whole mindset. They think their material wealth means that God loves them more.

I have known people through extended family and other social circles with that kind of mindset. My dad's first cousin has a similar attitude and for years he and his wife presented themselves as upper middle class Christians. They would brag about how "God blessed them enough so they could have a Lexus or BMW." My dad's cousin owns a construction business and his wife has worked as a part time dental assistant for years. The wife homeschooled their kids and used to brag about being blessed to only have to work part time. We all believed that they were doing well in part because they live in a low cost of living area in New Mexico.

Two years ago, my cousin was diagnosed with cancer and he was posting regularly on Facebook about having financial issues and his church was doing fundraisers for him. He and his wife eventually admitted that they pretty much had been living above their means for a long time. They also later said that they had to seek assistance for medical bills through a county indigent fund. The wife did mention that it was embarrassing for them to seek government help because in the past they looked down on others who had used welfare/TANF, ebt, etc. I had to give her some credit for owning up to having that kind of attitude.

I have a friend who retired from social work last year in February. She said that once the economy took a hit due to the pandemic, several people she knew from different social circles started calling or texting her to see how they would go about applying for assistance programs because they were embarrassed that they had to take help and they wanted to know what to expect when they went to agency offices, contacted non-profits etc.

by Anonymousreply 57April 5, 2021 5:11 PM

That jacket is FUG AF. And looks terrible on him.

by Anonymousreply 58April 5, 2021 5:18 PM

It’s all made in the same sweatshops in China. So much for the current “concern” about victimized Asians.

by Anonymousreply 59April 5, 2021 5:19 PM

Fuck these idiots and the idiots who fund them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2021 5:02 PM

The guy running the Instagram is releasing his book in a couple of weeks. I hope it pisses off some of these pastors' followers more.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2021 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!