Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"The Nevers" and Joss Whedon

So, I'm kind of assuming Whedon is essentially cancelled for a bit, but I have a serious question about his latest show, "The Nevers" on HBO.

Before all the controversy over his treatment of actors came out, he quit the show. He was, apparently, creator, writer, director, and show-runner. Then Covid hit. He claimed that the stress and difficulty of production during Covid wore him out and he was stepping back.

HBO subsequently split the show into two pieces... the first six episodes that will air next month, and then a "second half" of the season consisting of the final four episodes of the season, airing "to be determined", possibly this fall.

Do you think he knew the stories were coming out, and stepped back before they hit?

Did he REALLY leave voluntarily?

Will he continue to make money from the show as it continues on without him?

I'm really curious about the behind the scenes stuff going on with this show, almost more than the show itself. Which I will be watching. I wonder if it will be noticeable when we get past the shows that were all Whedon, and which are written, directed, produced, and run by someone else.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2021 4:14 AM

You already started a thread about this, OP. You needed a second one?

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2021 4:48 AM

[Quote] Do you think he knew the stories were coming out, and stepped back before they hit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Is this about the Louisiana library scandal of 1992 in which a woman was denied assistance when she wanted books on the subject of angioplasty?

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2021 2:45 PM

No, R1, this is the only thread I've posted on this topic.

And I did a search, and while there's a thread about Whedon, there is NOT a thread about "The Nevers" and/or the behind the scenes drama in there that lead to this weird exit for the creator/writer/show-runner.

So go fuck yourself.

Anyone who is NOT a dick have any insight or info?

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2021 12:28 AM

Only his conduct towards Carpenter can be possibly considered criminal, as far as I know. I'm looking forward to this show

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2021 12:41 AM

It just seems weird for someone to leave "their baby", that they created, wrote, produced, directed... and then just suddenly stepped away from. I feel like we're not getting the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2021 1:59 PM

This series sounds like the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2021 2:36 PM

I wonder if the switch from the Whedon episodes to the non-Whedon episodes will be 'noticeable'...

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2021 8:42 PM

R6 you make it sound like Whedon had a choice.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2021 11:14 AM

R9, the entire story is presented in a way that it WAS his choice. He was exhausted and stepped away. This was all BEFORE the Buffy/JusticeLeague stories came out.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2021 2:15 PM

From the linked article:

[quote]Whedon attributed his departure to being unable to meet “the physical challenges of making such a huge show during a global pandemic,” in a statement of his own.

Also, there were NO reports of problems on set or inappropriate behavior on his part...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2021 9:45 PM

Quite the opposite in fact:

"The Nevers Star Upset Over Joss Whedon Leaving

Laura Donnelly, star of the upcoming new HBO series The Nevers, was gutted over Joss Whedon's decision to step down from the show last fall."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2021 9:46 PM

"It just seems weird for someone to leave "their baby", that they created, wrote, produced, directed... and then just suddenly stepped away from. I feel like we're not getting the whole story."

Well obviously we're not getting the whole story!

But if someone leaves a project they're this involved with, the first things I suspect are a personal issue such as a heath crisis, or a power struggle behind the scenes that Whedon didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2021 11:11 PM

Which ones did he call fat and which ones did he threaten their pregnancies with firing?

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2021 11:15 PM

With all the stories about Whedon's behavior, I've always thought there was something odd about his "fascination" with certain types of women characters that he's constantly creating.

It's always had the same creepy vibe to me as guys who always create female videogame characters as their main toon when given the option. It just has this whiff of a nerd desperate to control the cool popular girl.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote]Well obviously we're not getting the whole story!

My thoughts: They obviously knew all about Warner Media's investigation into Whedon. If it got the point where they were talking to former cast members of the shows Whedon worked on decades ago then it was clearly serious business.

HBO's statement didn't make it sound like he was the only one who wanted to leave. They made it sound like it was amicable at the least. It was short and to the point. They could have just as easily wrote, "Bye, bitch!"

Their statement:

[quote]"We have parted ways with Joss Whedon. We remain excited about the future of The Nevers and look forward to its premiere in the summer of 2021"

That's it. The end.

He couldn't be associated with a series of this nature (about women) when he had a history of being an asshole towards women and people of color. The cast wants the show to be successful as does HBO since they've already put money into it. Neither will openly trash him but I doubt you'll hear them utter his name once they start promotion.

Grace Randolph heard a few things:

HBO knew Warner Media's investigation did find he had bad behavior and he was in fact [italic]still[/italic] misbehaving on the set of The Nevers.

Also as Grace Randolph said, the fact that he and Jeff Johns never countersued anyone for any of their claims about bad behavior speaks volumes. It didn't matter what Joss' ex-wife Kai Cole said, what Ray Fisher said, what Charisma Carpenter said, what any of the other cast members of the Justice League said, he had no real defense at all because he did exactly what they said he did.

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2021 11:45 PM

Grace Randolph has limited credibility.

She reports things as "inside sources" then simply ignores it when she's wrong.

At one time, she might have had some inside sources, but she now usually just makes unfounded accusations under the guise of "her sources" without having to be accountable for making up crap at least half the time.

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2021 3:29 AM

There was a very explicit statement by someone that there were no such complaints on the set of The Nevers.

by Anonymousreply 18March 31, 2021 4:31 AM

R18 Laura Donnelly from the cast said,

[quote]“From my personal experience, it was the best screen, film or TV, experience that I’ve had on any set,” ... “From my point of view, he always felt very supportive and protective of the artistic integrity and what we as actors needed in order to be able to do our job.”

It's possible there weren't any issues, but if there were any issues no one would say it about a show that hasn't even aired yet, with a cast and crew that need the work, when he's already gone from the show. HBO would not want any more negative press around their project.

[quote]Grace Randolph has limited credibility.

I keep hearing this but really, when it comes to this, the only thing she said that other people haven't said is that she heard there were issues on the set of The Nevers.

HBO knowing about the investigation & knowing it would turn out badly for Joss is something multiple articles have speculated on. So that's not news.

Joss not doing a great job at defending himself or attempting to go after anyone who attacked him legally is pretty obvious. Anyone could observe that.

Sarah Michelle Gellar turning her back on him was damning as hell by itself.

by Anonymousreply 19March 31, 2021 7:22 AM

He and Sarah were never bosom buddies though, that has been known for years. They clashed.

Id there were issues on the Nevers, the smartest thing would be to just avoid the topic, not have the lead come out and say "He was great!"

by Anonymousreply 20March 31, 2021 7:45 AM

A lot of details about just how much she hated him came out from sources in print after people finally started speaking out against him a couple of years ago. She didn't state anything publicly until recently. Saying, "I don’t want to be forever associated with the name Joss Whedon" when she was supporting Charisma Carpenter.

As for the Nevers, the smartest thing would be to address it once then not again which is exactly what they did. That's PR 101 when confronting an unavoidable topic. Now, there's less reason for anyone to ask how they were treated because an answer was already given and if they are asked when they do promo for the show, (since they don't always have control over the questions being asked) they can simply refer back to the first response. Not saying anything at all looks bad and avoiding the topic isn't going to be possible when he created, wrote and directed the show.

Personally: I don't think anything happened on the set. He would have been on his best behavior as soon as he knew an investigation was taking place about him on another project but I do think he both chose to leave and was asked to leave. He'll still get paid anyway.

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2021 8:17 AM

It’s weird that what amounts to your garden variety “Area Boss Was A Jerk Sometimes, Film At 11” story has been ginned up into a SCANDAL featuring ALLEGATIONS, like Whedon is Harvey Weinstein or something. I’m sure there’s something “problematic” about all this that some STUNNING and BRAVE victims will enlighten all of us on at some point.

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2021 10:31 AM

It honestly doesn't look very good.

by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2021 10:47 AM

[quote] Id there were issues on the Nevers, the smartest thing would be to just avoid the topic, not have the lead come out and say "He was great!"

That would be absolutely wrong. Avoiding the topic would create the proverbial "elephant in the room" that not only overshadows the project, but gives the whole situation a sinister, creepy vibe in a #metoo era of social media. The project would suffer. Maybe to the point of being canceled just to get rid of the topic everybody has to avoid.

Addressing it and insisting that it has absolutely nothing to do with the project was the right approach. The public buying it is, of course, a different matter.

by Anonymousreply 24March 31, 2021 12:23 PM

I'm really curious to see the show though. And even more curious to eventually see the second half of season one, to see if the final four episodes are noticeably different than the first six (the Whedon episodes).

by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2021 2:08 PM

More and more I’m imagining him as an over the top Bond villain chewing the scenery and over acting (reacting) on set and being awful to everyone in almost a comical way.

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2021 3:54 PM

If he was kind of a dick on The Nevers, then odds are it will come out. Lying about it now will only just backfire. "Why the fuck did you lie?"

With the exception of Carpenter, where his conduct definitely crossed a line into WTF territory, most of it is "He was kind of a dick sometimes."

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2021 4:55 PM

[quote] If he was kind of a dick on The Nevers, then odds are it will come out. Lying about it now will only just backfire. "Why the fuck did you lie?"

You don't badmouth a recent project of yours. You say it's the best thing you have ever worked on and, when it's time to promote your next project, you distance yourself from the previous project and declare the current project is the best you've ever worked on.

Really, some posters seem to have no clue how PR works.

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2021 5:44 PM

I'm available to finish the series!

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2021 5:46 PM

R29 that's not necessary, Marti.

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2021 5:24 AM

I hated season 7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2021 7:09 PM

Any hot guys and potential for male nudity in this series?

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2021 10:20 PM

R32, the premiere had a naked guy (full back, no frontal), and some insinuation of bisexuality, as he was in bed, in the middle, between a naked woman, and a naked man. And he in particular seems to host orgies.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2021 11:30 PM

Norton seems to play a philandering deviant who falls for a one of the show's "mutants" (they are called differently in this show) which are, of course, mostly female. Overall I like the show. There is a crazy good scene of the main bad, a bat-shit crazy woman having her big entrance on a theater stage.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote]Grace Randolph has limited credibility.

Grace Randolph is desperate for Zach Snyder to fuck her. Of course her "sources" have heard bad things about Joss Whedon.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2021 12:07 AM

It's not very "Joss Whedony", in a good way.

It's more R-Rated than I expected.

I thought it was a very good introduction into the world, defining all the characters and the basic plot outlines.

I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2021 12:13 AM

The suits knew what was coming. Insiders have known for years that Whedon runs unhappy-to-toxic sets and the Justice League/Ray Fisher stuff has been percolating for some time. Imagine if Joss had been gearing up to do publicity for this show and then the Charisma stuff had hit? HBO would probably have had to shelve it entirely. This was a salvage job and, sadly, I'm sure they made it worth Joss's while to go away quietly. He'll have the rest of his life to privately enjoy his money.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2021 12:22 AM

There was a nude scene with that Norton actor, no dick though.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2021 12:23 AM

In the third episode there's frontal nudity by an extra.

SPOILER

So, Frank (Ben Chaplin) is gay? "I was bloody drunk! / only the first time you were drunk!")

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2021 9:37 AM

The 3rd episode is quite tragic. Didn't think they would get rid of that particular character.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2021 10:23 AM
by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2021 11:26 AM

Foir all that people like to shit on Snyder, he's very well liked by all the actors he works with and considered one of the rare nice guys in the business. The same cannot be said for Whedon.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2021 1:33 PM

I've watched the first two episodes and quite to my surprise I really like the show. I was expecting to hate it as just another steampunk-y alternate history thing but the show is well-made, the story is intriguing and the characters feel alive. The show is way more adult than anything I've seen from Whedon. It's weird how for a person who likes to bully his crew he always has such strong female leads in his shows.

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2021 1:42 PM

[quote] Anyone who is NOT a dick have any insight or info?

Are you lost, dearheart?

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2021 1:44 PM

This series literally gave me a migraine.

It belongs on WOR or PIX, not on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 45April 28, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]With all the stories about Whedon's behavior, I've always thought there was something odd about his "fascination" with certain types of women characters that he's constantly creating. It's always had the same creepy vibe to me as guys who always create female videogame characters as their main toon when given the option. It just has this whiff of a nerd desperate to control the cool popular girl.

I am telling you

THERE IS A TRANS INSIDE HIM WAITING TO BURST OUT

by Anonymousreply 46April 28, 2021 5:12 PM

The big problem wasn't that Joss is a dick. The problem was that he'd build his rep and career on being a male feminist who supports strong women. When the stories came out about him treating his actresses like shit unless they were fucking him, it completely destroyed his brand. HBO needs people to watch the series, and people won't watch it if they hate its producer. It is, as others have said above, a question of likeability, NOT legality.

by Anonymousreply 47April 28, 2021 5:34 PM

I'm really enjoying the show so far.

by Anonymousreply 48April 28, 2021 5:52 PM

Mmm, the doctor is hot with a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2021 6:51 PM

I thought the show looked like "Penny Dreadful" with a bigger production budget; it wasn't necessarily bad, but the whole thing seemed borrowed from other stories (Penny Dreadful, X-men, a little Harry Potter thrown in, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2021 7:07 PM

It’s “Harry Potter” with boobs and a corset.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2021 7:11 PM

I caught 15 minutes of the last episode while waiting for Mare of Easttown and it looked cheesy as fuck. Did not make me interested in watching it from the start. Whedon's talent always was overblown.

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2021 7:56 PM

The big reveal at the end of the last episode really surprised me. I really did not expect that.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2021 8:01 PM

It is a bit bubblegummy for my taste. But I understand they're trying to pull in women viewers and a darker, more serious tone would prevent that.

It’s also a shame that we don’t have any twink eye candy, but that’s life, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2021 8:29 PM

The doctor is hot and we see his nice ass right away in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2021 8:31 PM

R47 most people outside Twitter don't care, they just want to see a good show.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote] I thought the show looked like "Penny Dreadful" with a bigger production budget;

The only things this show has in common with Penny Dreadful are the time period and the fantasy elements. Penny Dreadful was superior in pretty much every way. I've only seen 3 episodes so far of The Nevers and I actually really enjoyed the first two episodes. However the third one was a chore to get through and so far I haven't wanted to return there.

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2021 9:59 PM

Absolutely, Penny Dreadful was indeed superior, R57.

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2021 10:00 PM

Joss Whedon has been repeating himself since the late 90s. He has no new ideas and he's a shitty person on top of it. He's had all the career chances he's deserved and then some.

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2021 10:23 PM

I couldn't get past two episodes of Penny Dreadful. Dreadfully dull.

The Nevers is quite fun, and the reveal in the latest episode was shocking... but if you go back and re-watch it was right there in front of you all along. Really an amazing thing to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 60May 14, 2021 2:57 AM

Will we get a gay sex scene?

by Anonymousreply 61May 14, 2021 3:03 AM

Looking at Rotten Tomatoes, the audience actually loves the show.

by Anonymousreply 62May 14, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote]The only things this show has in common with Penny Dreadful are the time period and the fantasy elements.

By that I meant, the lead character/actress (can't remember her name) is very Eva Green-like; strong woman, tragic background, tortured soul, all that, while the James Norton character is very Dorian Gray. Ominous, magical baddies, etc.

by Anonymousreply 63May 14, 2021 10:20 AM

Although 'The Nevers' is scheduled on HBO for 8pm central, that isn't what they're showing right now - it's some science fiction thing I cannot identify.

by Anonymousreply 64May 17, 2021 1:25 AM

Now, whatever it is, it has shifted to something else - some sort of posh British society thing, prefaced by the title, "Chapter Two: Molly."

by Anonymousreply 65May 17, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote]I thought the show looked like "Penny Dreadful" with a bigger production budget; it wasn't necessarily bad, but the whole thing seemed borrowed from other stories (Penny Dreadful, X-men, a little Harry Potter thrown in, etc.)

Penny Dreadful was far superior, there were better performers, better scripts.

Eva Green, Rory Kinnear, Simon Russell Beale and Helen McCrory were excellent in Penny Dreadful. Josh Harnett was nice eye candy. These performers made you care about their characters, I don’t care about anyone in The Nevers.

The entire Sci-Fi aspect of The Nevers doesn’t interest me at all. What a snooze fest. With this series, it seems HBO is looking for a much younger audience.

Joss Whedon is extremely overrated.

by Anonymousreply 66May 17, 2021 11:41 PM

He's literally raping the audience while we watch!

by Anonymousreply 67May 17, 2021 11:48 PM

I've not seen the show yet but I've been keeping an eye on opinions about it, and it has been pretty mixed - some positive aspects, but it's not been hailed as a huge success.

Given that, and the taint of Whedon on it, I don't hold very much hope of it being renewed for another season - with all the amazing TV available these days (I am never up to date with all the stuff I want to see, there's just not enough time) I don't know if I can be bothered investing in something that's pretty much doomed.

by Anonymousreply 68May 18, 2021 9:43 AM

Francis Coppola said it in an interview many years ago ; " being a director is the last form of dictatorship available to men " ( something like that). I agree and I think that it is not so acceptable anymore. The directors who are like dictators probably were attracted to the fact that you could have such control over people and get rewarded for it. Today that is a thing of the past and obviously that sort of behaviour is being exposed and the abusers are being punished for their past actions and either changing or getting out of the game.

by Anonymousreply 69May 18, 2021 10:52 AM

I really didn’t like episode 6. Confusing mess. I had to go read a recap to get a better understanding. Especially for chapter 1. My favorite was chapter 3.

I don’t blame r64 r65 for thinking it was a different show. Especially chapter 1. But honestly you should have known it was Amalia (Molly) in chapter 2.

by Anonymousreply 70May 18, 2021 10:53 AM

To be fair, they’ve been referring to Amalia’s mission for like 3 episodes, and ep6 literally opens with a military unit...so that makes sense. Plus, viewers should have expected some sort of non-Victorian explanation for the giant “ship” crash landing in the first episode. And Maladie’s origin is also pretty neatly wrapped up. Donnelly’s accents really impressed me as well. It’s a disjointed episode, but it all made sense once you get past “aliens!”, which we were already primed for.

That said, I’ll keep watching, but I have no strong desire to see anything else. I just don’t care about these characters anymore, or perhaps there are just too many. They won’t show any real gay sex; there are no cis-twinks to ogle over. I mean, it’s just blegh. Maybe I’ll stay to see Penance finally make a pass at Amalia, because she clearly wants it.

by Anonymousreply 71May 18, 2021 12:42 PM

From all the chapters "True", the storyline which I looked most forward to, underwhelmed me. Still, a great show.

by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2021 1:40 PM

R70, when I flipped channels, I had missed the first three to four minutes of the episode, to the point where it was smack in the middle of the future stuff. I sat with it for perhaps ten minutes, and then gave up watching it to get on the computer to find out WTF was going on. It was still playing in the living room where I could hear it. I passed through the room just in time to see the title 'Chapter Two: Molly' on the screen. No doubt if I'd sat back down with it and watched it, I would have recognized it. But the sound of it, the narrative and characters, was still unfamiliar. I didn't catch on that it really was an episode of 'The Nevers' until close to the end, when I heard somebody mention "the touched."

So I rewatched it from the first, and then it made sense.

Now I'm given to understand that the series is going on a brief hiatus, or something?

by Anonymousreply 73May 18, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote]Now I'm given to understand that the series is going on a brief hiatus, or something?

Not so brief. It won't be back until some time in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 74May 18, 2021 9:07 PM

That 𝑖𝑠 a long time, R74. By that point, I won't remember any of the episodes thus far; it will all be water under the bridge.

Do you know 𝑤ℎ𝑦 they're suspending the series?

by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote]Do you know 𝑤ℎ𝑦 they're suspending the series?

I listened to a podcast with the series lead Laura Donnelly today and she explained that they're were delayed because one producer's exit, the Joss Whedon, then delayed because of Covid hence only being able to complete 6 episodes. They are due to return to set this month to finish the additional episodes.

by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2021 11:43 PM

I would imagine once Joss got fired he took his toys and left which means the writers have to scramble to fill in the blanks of whatever Joss mapped out for the show for season one or further.

by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2021 11:48 PM

R77 thank you for sharing you have no idea how the business works

by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2021 11:51 PM

So, apparently none of you watched "Dollhouse"... this episode was VERY reminicent of what Whedon did on that series... with the finale of season 1, "Epitaph 1", and the series finale "Epitaph 2". A jump to the future showing the eventually way things turn out.

This episode was time jumping (much like the main character)... Chapter 1 being the future, Chapters 2 and 3 being the past, and Chapter 4 being the current, tying it all together. It was pretty brilliant, actually. I loved it, but it did take effort. I had no clue what was going on at first in Chapter one either. But slowly it all tied together.

It makes me want to go back and rewatch all six episodes so I can incorporate everything I learned in THIS episode, as it re-casts almost everything we thought we knew.

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote] [R77] thank you for sharing you have no idea how the business works

I'll guess we have to wait and see then.

by Anonymousreply 80May 19, 2021 12:22 AM

I guess most people don't like to have to do any 'work' while watching a show, and can't stand not knowing what's going on at all times... I mean, seriously, you turned it off in the first five minutes? You couldn't wait to see how it all came together? How impatient and lazy are you?

by Anonymousreply 81May 19, 2021 2:50 PM

r81 you seem a bit defensive. Did you work on the show?

by Anonymousreply 82May 19, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote]I guess most people don't like to have to do any 'work' while watching a show, and can't stand not knowing what's going on at all times...

The problem is that there is so much content out there on so many different platforms, why waste your time on something that's a snooze? Shows like the The Wire took a while to get interesting, so while it's unfortunate that people have limited attention spans/patience, that's just the way it is. Plus, it's fantasy - it's one thing if its some big complex tale like GoT, but this is a variation on X-Men + Costume Drama

by Anonymousreply 83May 19, 2021 6:19 PM

I’m loving the show. I loved the sci-fi twist at the beginning of episode 6. And I love Claudia Black.

by Anonymousreply 84May 19, 2021 6:55 PM

I wonder if during all this time since Molly killed herself and got possessed by soldier from the future and throughout all the events so far, her sickly mother-in-law is still somehow alive and kicking, waiting in bed for someone to serve her soup...

The doctor said it outright - she will outlive and bury them all... Maybe come the series finale, she'll be one of the only characters still alive.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2021 12:12 AM

Oh! Amalia/Zephyr wouldn’t have known about the sick mother in law. I wonder if she just starved to death. 😳

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2021 3:37 AM

R83, the show is NOT a snooze. It's smart and interesting. I'm loving it.

And after last week's twist ending, the twist beginning was awesome.

I can't wait for the next half of this season. I sure hope it gets a second season.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2021 4:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!