Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sharon Osbourne Fired from “The Talk” for Being Racist

"As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace."

Show will resume April 12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 12, 2021 1:06 PM

Let's say it together: SHARON OSBOURNE ON "THE TALK" IS DEAD TO ME!

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2021 12:43 AM

I ain't fired! I's quit!

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2021 12:45 AM

Stop censoring my mother!!!

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2021 12:49 AM

She is cancelled! Might as well kill herself!

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2021 12:52 AM

Kelly can't breathe because Sharon has her hands around her neck.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2021 12:55 AM

These woke executives are so out of step with the general population. I pay attention to Youtube metrics and everything that pushes a woke agenda gets ratioed. The dam has to break down eventually.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2021 12:55 AM

She can let lose now.

“Thank god I don’t have to work with that chink anymore!”

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2021 12:56 AM

R6 bases reality off of YouTube. lol

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2021 12:57 AM

[Quote]I ain't fired! I's quit!

R2 is right.

[Quote]CBS just put out a statement saying #SharonOsbourne has decided herself to depart the show. Unveiling that #TheTalk will be back on April 12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2021 1:00 AM

This shit show will not last much longer. It will be fucking boring without Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2021 1:02 AM

Correction: Sharon walked away from The Talk millions of dollars richer.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2021 1:02 AM

R8 It's not just Youtube, it's every social media platform. It's only more transparent on Youtube because it takes them several hours to remove dislikes.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2021 1:03 AM

I wonder what Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete will say in their twitters later on about this.

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2021 1:06 AM

R12, the majority of the country isn’t watching YouTube clips of random talk shows. YouTube is used by the entire world, not just the US. Sites like 4chan as well as bots routinely votes against anything they deem SJW. Free Republic had done this for the past two decades, rigging online polls to push their agenda. Social media is not the world. Ironically, this is what SJWs believe.

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2021 1:07 AM

The show isnt doing well anyway, it is a sinking ship.

She should spend the time with her husband who is dying

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2021 1:07 AM

Sharon is actually a better fit for The Howard Stern Show.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2021 1:07 AM

Fraus all over the internet are in meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2021 1:09 AM

[quote]Sharon is actually a better fit for The Howard Stern Show.

Say what?! Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2021 1:09 AM

Hopefully her ugly ass will go back to England.

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2021 1:10 AM

Stunning and brave.

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2021 1:12 AM

She’s too old to need to work. Hasn’t she made enough money? Her husband is a mid-level rock star. Why is this racist woman so desperate for a check?

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2021 1:12 AM

I don't watch this show because I cut the cord years ago and daytime talk shows bore me anyway. But I'm even shocked that Sharon Osbourne even gets a platform. She has no talent and who does she appeal to? She and the kids used Ozzy's name to get media spotlight and they seem to not get the memo to go away. Only Aimee is the normal one in that family and she didn't participate in that reality TV nonsense.

I'm sick of untalented family members leeching off of the success of one marginally talented relative through reality TV or social media. Who will they replace Sharon with Brooke Hogan or Angela Simmons?

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2021 1:13 AM

I never watched the show but she used to refer to Julie Chen as "wonton" and "slanty eyes" Wow. I never imagined she was like that.

I hate her kid too.

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2021 1:13 AM

This is always the same problem: the channels want to hire people who are "edgy" and uncensored, and then when those people inevitably go too far, they have to fire them. But the edgy stars were the attraction in the first place.

My prediction is that the show will be gone forever by fall.

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Can't even breath(e)

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2021 1:14 AM

She really is the Kris Jenner of the early 2000s. She tried to make Kelly and Jack happen but they weren't interesting, talented or attractive enough.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2021 1:16 AM

Fired "for being racist"? No, she's fired because some people SAID she is racist. There is a huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2021 1:19 AM

R24 eventually every TV show will just be panels of power-tripping black women who side-eye each other with their lips pursed for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2021 1:20 AM

Her kids don't have a job, what do they fucking do? She's putting food on the table

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2021 1:28 AM

She should be fired for wearing those Chanel suspenders.

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2021 1:33 AM

SNL could have a field day with this situation.

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2021 1:34 AM

[quote] the majority of the country isn’t watching YouTube clips of random talk shows. YouTube is used by the entire world, not just the US.

Of course they aren't but the ones who do are far more representative of the general population than those who post on niche sites like this one. Facebook has a lot of anti corporate sentiment as well why there is a lot of media pressure on them to deplatform their users.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2021 1:35 AM

^which is why

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2021 1:36 AM

They all should have been fired/canceled as soon as The Osbournes was broadcast on MTV

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2021 1:47 AM

Poor thing, couldn't have happened to a nicer cunt.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2021 1:47 AM

She should sue for defamation. Sheryl called her a racist "by implication" and association. The racism was "implied" because Piers Morgan said he didn't believe Markle so it is now racist to call a liar a liar if they are black.

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Don't you turn on the waterworks, homegirl. It's me that should be crying. If I was going to get racist- you'd know it!

Now shut your piehole. We'll be right back.

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Trump, Sharon and Piers are all the same ilk. Rich racist white people who play the victim. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2021 1:58 AM

Contrary to popular belief that a British accent will add a flair of sophistication, her vulgar and crass talks always drag the show down. I'm glad to see her finally leaving America, she should go back to Birmingham, find some loud pubs in the working class neighborhood, surrounded by dog shit and vomit, drink herself to a stupor, that's where she belong.

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2021 2:02 AM

It always made her look so desperate when the other hosts called her “Mrs. O” as if it made it look like she wasn’t married to a sleazy cheater.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2021 2:03 AM

But they have no problem with Meghan McCain spewing white supremacy shit?

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2021 2:04 AM

R41 who are they? or you never watched the talk, probably the view either.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2021 2:08 AM

Fired on a Friday night. Ouch

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2021 2:08 AM

She was mis-wonderful up till now...

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2021 2:08 AM

Has Mrs. O mailed Sheryl a box of shit yet? That’s what she does to her enemies.

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2021 2:10 AM

So she is a racist because she didn't grovel at the feet of 3/4 White MEEEEghan? Lol...

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2021 2:15 AM

When “As the World Turns” was chased off the air in 2010, CBS and Procter and Gamble had whittled its audience down to 1.8 million.

Now, in 2021, “The Talk” finished its most recent rating week with 1.446 million viewers. And arguably they have more drama than a soap.

Why is “The Talk” still on the air? Mostly because it’s cheap. Back in 2010 I asked Les Moonves why he was dumping the soaps (he also got rid of “Guiding Light”) in favor of a talk show featuring his wife. Julie Chen?

“The soaps cost a fortune and don’t have a big audience,” Moonves said to me. “Why should I keep them on? The Talk costs almost nothing.”

Indeed, it does. Aside from Sharon Osbourne, the remaining hosts cannot be making much money. In TV terms they have two things going against them: they’re women, and they’re not white. You know what that means.

When Chen, Leah Remini, and even Holly Robinson were there, the budget was no doubt higher. But “The Talk” ranks last of all daytime shows every day. It’s number 13 after the four soaps, game shows, “The View,” and (just joking) the farm report. If it were a soap, it would have been cancelled. They’ve lost around 30% of their audience in the last year.

“The Talk” will return on April 12th without Osbourne. But if CBS is smart, they’ll move Drew Barrymore’s talk show, which they own, back to 2pm next fall, and let affiliates which moved “Hot Bench” from 9am restore it to that time. “Hot Bench” is a huge hit, now missing from top markets because of Drew– even though it gets three times the audience. “The Talk,” I say, will be gone at end of summer.

by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2021 2:16 AM

r6 Do you mean rationed or ratioed as both would be valid concepts in this situation but do not mean the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2021 2:17 AM

It’s not gonna last long with those boring wokes. And for those who wanna deny it, it’s been having its lowest ratings and bad reviews from audience.

I see Elaine welteroth is acting depressed on ig so you know it’s circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2021 2:19 AM

This is karma for her nasty ways when she was in the music biz, she shat in boxes and sent them to people.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2021 2:24 AM

Sharon is a shitter into boxes. Good fucking riddance, nasty old cunt!!!

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2021 2:25 AM

Okay, I hate Sharon. I think she is a bitch and she has her skeletons and perhaps this was the chance for CBS to get rid of her.

But this is ridiculous. The show is called THE TALK. Talk about racism is uncomfortable.

We cannot discuss racism anymore because everybody is afraid of being labeled a "racist" if they say something that is not in line with a certain ideology. Sharon's hysterics were over the top ("I SHOULD be the one crying!) but she was reacting and upset. I think her asking Sheryl for more specifics was not out of line. It was part of the, you know, talk. It was uncomfortable but that's what happens when discussions of racism come up and it could have been a learning moment for everyone, including Sharon.

Instead, she has to leave the show. A follow-up discussion could have been enlightening and thought-provoking. To me this seems very cowardly.

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2021 2:39 AM

Maybe they can replace her with a resuscitated bat's head that Ozzy bit off on stage years ago? Find some ventriloquist and they're set, with some choice observations about Sharon and Ozzy to start things off.

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2021 2:45 AM

They wanted to get rid of her and she gave them the keys. Stupid old racist woman.

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2021 5:45 AM

Who will MEGAN take down next?.......I personally am not a fan---but she is clearly our modern day Alexis Carrington Colby...She isn't playing....LoL

by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2021 7:20 AM

Well, she can’t say the other women were mean to her because they actually coddled and tried to assuage her. She still had a tantrum, anyway. Her accent does not sound posh to me at all. Americans hear any type of British accent and they get charmed by it, so dumb. Calling her Mrs. O? Fuck out of here with that. The cohosts helped create Sharon’s sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote] But they have no problem with Meghan McCain spewing white supremacy shit?

That's The View. The discussion is about the other show, The Talk.

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2021 7:40 AM

This happens when you are no longer considered "on brand" for a show or some other project. And the right wing trolls can put a sock in it with their freedom of speech or radical left cancel culture. They are the ultimate cancel queens when they don't like someone's opinion.

by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2021 7:43 AM

Lmfao. So she also quit?!!!

Funny how both she and Piers who tore into the Sussexes for being unable to take a five year onslaught couldn't last even a week under a fraction of that hate.

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2021 7:46 AM

Honestly, CBS knows they can get decent numbers with a cheaper gameshow. Just a matter of time until The Talk is The Toast....

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2021 7:47 AM

Sharon ditched Americas Got Talent (and leaving them in search of another host)...So she has burned bridges before and still has Simon Cowell to hire her in Britain---unless Megan decides to cancel Simon next, which is entirely possible....LoL

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2021 7:49 AM

Sharon, good luck getting hired at FOX News.

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2021 7:55 AM

I'm sure Kathy Griffin would jump at the chance to fill the void.

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2021 7:56 AM

Wik there be comments from the co-hosts, or will they pretend she never existed?

by Anonymousreply 64March 27, 2021 8:12 AM

R52 Sharon wasn’t let go because of her exchange with Sheryl. What did her in were the comments about Julie Chen (Les Moonves’ wife). Also, I’m assuming more inflammatory stuff was uncovered and they had her by the balls.

by Anonymousreply 65March 27, 2021 8:13 AM

We wish her the best *quick side-eye*. Moving on ...

by Anonymousreply 66March 27, 2021 8:13 AM

Good!

by Anonymousreply 67March 27, 2021 8:19 AM

Progressive people think of racist conservatives as all being in Alabama or Kentucky, but in the media we see New Yorkers like Jeanine Pirro from NYC and Tucker Carlson from San Francisco, and an overrepresentation of immigrants--white immigrants from the UK who are paid millions to say ignorant and insulting things: Milo Yiannopoulos, Piers Morgan, Andrew Sullivan, Sharon. Three of those four are Catholic, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2021 8:28 AM

[quote] But this is ridiculous. The show is called THE TALK. Talk about racism is uncomfortable. We cannot discuss racism anymore because everybody is afraid of being labeled a "racist"

Actually, be honest and don’t spin this. We can’t talk about racism because of white women like Sharon who threaten to start crying. That’s literally what she did.

Just like on The View 12 years ago we couldn’t talk about homophobia and marriage equality because Elisabeth Hasselbeck compared gay marriage to marrying a toaster and started crying.

by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2021 8:51 AM

Karma's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2021 9:10 AM

About fucking time! Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2021 9:15 AM

R69. I don't think that poster is spinning AT ALL. That is essentially what happened. Osbourne asked HOW Morgan was considered racist because he didn't believe Markle. Now, I'm ONLY talking about THIS situation and not what she allegedly said about Chen. In THIS context, I don't think she said anything that would merit her being fired.

As much as the Right loves to throw this term around, I think this is truly an example of "cancel culture." CBS certainly could've used this as a teaching moment and milked the FUCK out of it.

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2021 9:22 AM

Has Julie Chen-Moonves commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 73March 27, 2021 9:25 AM

Also, I don't give 1.5 percent of a FUCK about Osbourne. But as a person of color, I do not like where this is heading. Also, I want to be very clear, I didn't post this so that you right-wing turds on DL could springboard off of it.

by Anonymousreply 74March 27, 2021 9:27 AM

What's next for Sharon and Kelly? A "mom and daughter" nude spread in some trashy lad mag?

by Anonymousreply 75March 27, 2021 9:50 AM

R72 When Sheryl Underwood explained why Piers Morgan’s comments could be considered racist, Sharon got defensive and began crying. This is what R69 is referring to.

If Sharon was fired strictly due to this incident, it would be an overreaction. However, this isn’t the case - CBS launched an investigation and found cause. It doesn’t make sense to lament about her “cancellation” over the Piers Morgan defense when this isn’t what happened.

by Anonymousreply 76March 27, 2021 9:51 AM

I think the network saw an opportunity when they realized that Sharon was close to Piers. They asked her to talk about Pier's firing, which they knew she'd do from a sympathetic point of view. They may well have drummed this whole situation up as a pretext to cancel the entire show.

None of the others are interesting. Without her the ratings will take a massive dive, and then the network can just throw up their hands and say to all the others "Sorry, girls, It's in your contract that if the ratings plunge, we get to cancel your contracts. No pay-out for you. Bye."

I predict this will happen withing three months, by which time we will have realized that ironically, Sharon was the only one who got a huge pay-out for leaving a show they were all going to have to leave anyway.

by Anonymousreply 77March 27, 2021 9:52 AM

The Piers Morgan thing was important enough to get got the ball rolling. All it takes is one little spark to light the fuse. And nobody will ever understand why it's this particular incident that leads to your own undoing.

by Anonymousreply 78March 27, 2021 10:22 AM

Turns out it was the new chick---Elaine Whatshername (a woman of color)---who started the complaints about Sharon...And Elaines Hairdresser was part of the complaints too---apparently Queen Sharon thought she could keep pushing around women of ANY color....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 27, 2021 10:26 AM

Don't forget---SHARON also pushed out Marie Osmond last year....This chick has been a menace to co-hosts for YEARS....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 27, 2021 10:29 AM

Maybe Marie will send Sharon a box of shit.

by Anonymousreply 81March 27, 2021 10:34 AM

The power of Meghan some of you racists on here will say. No no no, the super excessive racism towards Meghan filters down to ax another racist after piers. Do you see it now?

by Anonymousreply 82March 27, 2021 10:40 AM

All of the racist white Brits are on the Daily Fail having meltdowns in the comments section under the story.😂 The dumb assholes seem to have conveniently forgotten how she bullied Dannii Minogue on X-Factor and also how she forced an assistant to go back into a burning house and laughed about it.

She’s evil, but karma always comes back around eventually, and now is her turn.

by Anonymousreply 83March 27, 2021 11:06 AM

R68 Sharon is part Irish Catholic. She is also Jewish. Not very Anglo-Saxon if you ask me... Then again Milo is Greek and Jewish, Piers is Irish with no English background and Sullivan has Irish roots as well.

by Anonymousreply 84March 27, 2021 11:09 AM

She's done so much shit behind the scenes for so many years in the UK & US, it's now time for her to go. She's an awful human and a waste of space...Good riddance to trash!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 85March 27, 2021 11:14 AM

I know CBS found cause to fire her but they had to know she'd pulled racist crap long before they even hired her, right? That "Persian carpet cunt" thing was before she was even hired, and her entire behavior, trying to get someone arrested and fired for rightfully winning a raffle at her party, should have made any corporation steer clear of her.

Not to mention that article someone linked a few days ago where she talked extensively about all the times she'd shit on something her dad owned, had shit in Ozzy's drugs, or mailed shit to people in revenge.

by Anonymousreply 86March 27, 2021 11:16 AM

They probably paid her a ton of money to go. That makes me sick. No one should benefit from bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 87March 27, 2021 11:21 AM

Whomever suggested Kathy Griffin as a replacement — BINGO, girl.

by Anonymousreply 88March 27, 2021 11:22 AM

R52 and R72 are spot on in regards to the bigger picture. But R77 is right about why CBS specifically took the action they did.

by Anonymousreply 89March 27, 2021 11:51 AM

It was well known at the Old Vic that Kevin gets handsy with pretty male castmembers. Of course, the management acted all shocked and surprised when the press reported about Kevin Spacey being involved in #metoo scandals.

I presume it's the same with The Talk. The management is shocked (SHOCKED) what their private investigation regarding Sharon Osbourne uncovered.

It's just like with Republicans. It's not doing the crime that is bad. It's being caught and found out by the public.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2021 11:51 AM

R84 Piers’ mother is all English, his Irish born father died when he was 11 months old & he grew up with his Welsh stepfather.

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2021 12:22 PM

It's not cancel culture so much as fed-up with it now culture. Her finger pointing demands to a WOC to explain racism to her is why she's a racist. That alone is unacceptable to me.

Think of why everyone wants those receipts about the crook who was formerly President saying the 'N' word and how that's the white line in the sand for this type of shit. Again, you needn't use slurs to be a racist, but everything else is just fine. Leave those statues up, it's 'heritage' , or they must be cheating in the voting because they beat our asses.

As for the nonsense that outed her: Piers walked out before he was compelled to explain why he did not believe someone who is talking about mental illness. You have to believe it because you have no other way of proving someone is lying about it. Her admitting that on national tv was stunning when you can get arrested for saying the same thing on a suicide hot line and hanging up. They call because they believe you and committing suicide by getting you arrested and placed into a facility is the last resort. Piers is a heartless, cruel and relentless racist for opening his mouth and expressing this.

Furthermore, he doesn't just get paid to express opinions. He also gets paid to sit there and listen to the opposing side. There's personal history there, as well. He refuses to listen to anyone he hates and he hates her because she rejected him on a personal level. There was no relationship or even a friendship extended and she ghosted his ass. What could she say? "You're too racist for me? I can see your tighty white privilege for miles?". He's resentful and racist because a WOC turned him down flat and saw him for what he is.

Sharon's calls his rants 'opinions', makes no mention of how reprehensible it is to disregard any human being's confession of suididal thoughts, and if she was a friend of his - knew the personal story and should have said it to preface any defense.

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2021 12:49 PM

R23 [quote]I never watched the show but she used to refer to Julie Chen as "wonton" and "slanty eyes"

Yeah, THAT is definitely racist. I'm someone very against SJW/woke ideology and "canceling" everyone (cancel culture is just what we as a society are now calling the very real and very human intersection of mob mentally, power pressure, and groupthink; it's still a terrible threat to free speech and liberal society, but it always has been and we have beaten it before) who makes honest mistakes because it provides cover for ACTUAL racism like this. I'm assuming she said this on the reality tv show, which means she really thinks it or feels comfortable being seen as someone who thinks it--equally detestable.

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2021 1:12 PM

[quote] Her finger pointing demands to a WOC to explain racism to her is why she's a racist.

Wow, what an incredibly ignorant statement. No wonder things are so messed up.

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote] Osbourne asked HOW Morgan was considered racist because he didn't believe Markle.

R72, and when Sheryl was explaining Sharon threatened to cry! The black women isn’t the problem here - Sharon is the one who shut down the conversation about race with, in this case, literal white woman tears.

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2021 1:17 PM

[quote] They asked her to talk about Pier's firing, which they knew she'd do from a sympathetic point of view. They may well have drummed this whole situation up as a pretext to cancel the entire show.

Of course they wanted a reaction. A means to cancel the whole show? Sounds like you’re making excuses for Sharon. Hollywood is a small industry, everyone knows everyone.

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2021 1:20 PM

That was a great gig for an aging Nobody to have. I can't believe the stupid cow threw it all away for a pile of shit like Piers Morgan.

Ah, well. Too late now, Sharon.

Dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote] We cannot discuss racism anymore because everybody is afraid of being labeled a "racist" if they say something that is not in line with a certain ideology. Sharon's hysterics were over the top ("I SHOULD be the one crying!) but she was reacting and upset. I think her asking Sheryl for more specifics was not out of line. It was part of the, you know, talk. It was uncomfortable but that's what happens when discussions of racism come up and it could have been a learning moment for everyone, including Sharon.

This is all well and good but it wasn’t the obvious minority who threw the spanned in the works, it was the delicate flower of an English rose, but apparently as she was “reacting and upset”, let’s blame the token PC black sistah for poking her.

Sheryl actually continued the discussion as to what she perceived to be Piers’ racial overtones but Sharon threatened to start crying and pretty much declared herself under attack! The problem with that specific conversation isn’t the hordes of woke-a-ramas stopping free speech. The black woman didn’t stop having the tough conversation.

Sharon did.

by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2021 1:29 PM

She's well-past her expiration date. Perhaps a review of CBS executive decisions would be more productive in creating future, actual conversations around the issue of racism rather than watching this foolish, conceited white woman's tearful meltdown at being revealed as a casual racist.

by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote] SNL could have a field day with this situation.

Too bad it won’t be funny. The only person who could do this justice is Tracey Ullman and she’s not filming her show right now. She did a pitch perfect impersonation of Sharon on her show.

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2021 1:44 PM

Typical wypipo behavior.

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2021 1:47 PM

R36, you make a good point. Would anyone be correct to assume that people who supported George Floyd supported drug use & domestic abuse? That suggestion probably sounds like nonsense to most people, but it's comparative to Sharon's support of Morgan. Supporting someone's freedom of speech isn't necessarily supporting what they say or being critical of the consequences they experience as a result of what they have the freedom to say. I don't agree with people who say that all gay people are immoral perverts, but I agree that people who say this have every right to say it. I also agree that they deserve every bit of pushback they receive by uttering such ridiculous opinions. But why should I get any flack for defending anyone right to their point of view? And why should Sharon? I understand that her removal from The Talk has more to do with dollars & cents, fake outrage & irrational swiftness than anything else, but this show truly squandered a useful opportunity to have a meaningful, beneficial "the talk". Both Sharon & Sheryl made good & not so good points & both were denied the opportunity to continue their conversation in the forum it started, so viewers could witness a beginning, a middle & a resolution. Oh well, seems to be the way all these conversations we "need" to be having about race seem to end up.

by Anonymousreply 102March 27, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote] but this show truly squandered a useful opportunity to have a meaningful, beneficial "the talk". Both Sharon & Sheryl made good & not so good points & both were denied the opportunity to continue their conversation in the forum it started, so viewers could witness a beginning, a middle & a resolution

Viewers are denied the opportunity to see the conversation because Sharon brought it to an end when she threatened to cry.

by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2021 2:39 PM

[quote] Whomever suggested Kathy Griffin as a replacement — BINGO, girl.

Please, people liked Kathy because she said outrageous things. Woke Kathy was never going to be a good fit. Too bad she was too dumb to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 104March 27, 2021 2:43 PM

r92. That is a great comment.

by Anonymousreply 105March 27, 2021 3:32 PM

The Marie Osmanding of all television. Back to the 1950’s 📺

by Anonymousreply 106March 27, 2021 3:48 PM

R92 The fact that Megan is exhibiting symptoms of suicidal ideation is just another reason why you wouldn't trust her on anything else. When it comes to mental illness, there is difference between showing compassion and validating their thoughts even if they are irrational. However, Piers has released a statement where he supports those going through mental illness. At some point, Megan has to take responsibility for what she does and says without falling back on yet another excuse.

by Anonymousreply 107March 27, 2021 3:50 PM

[quote] It's not cancel culture so much as fed-up with it now culture. Her finger pointing demands to a WOC to explain racism to her is why she's a racist. That alone is unacceptable to me.

Sharon seems to be more evolved on this issue then most given her support of LGBT. If she needs to have it explained, you better believe that this is a conversation worth having.

by Anonymousreply 108March 27, 2021 3:59 PM

Sharon is still my BFF.

by Anonymousreply 109March 27, 2021 4:39 PM

[quote] When it comes to mental illness, there is difference between showing compassion and validating their thoughts even if they are irrational. However, Piers has released a statement where he supports those going through mental illness.

The charity MIND that ITV worked with didn’t believe his sincerity.

by Anonymousreply 110March 27, 2021 4:42 PM

[quote] Has Julie Chen-Moonves commented yet?

If someone corroborated her comments about Julie Chen, that was probably more of a tipping factor than what happened on-air.

by Anonymousreply 111March 27, 2021 6:49 PM

Bring back Patterns or even Heart of the City !

by Anonymousreply 112March 27, 2021 6:58 PM

R91 Wrong. He did a genetic test for that dumb morning show he quitt. He us genetically not English! His nationality British is one thing, his ethnic background is another. Just ask Britons of Irish Catholic descent how they were treated in England and Scotland. They were treated like 3 class citizens for years.

Sharon is desceded from two groups that were shit upon very much, Jews and Irish Catholics. She is a hypocritical white ethnic cunt. She is definitely considered white adjacent by DL standards!

by Anonymousreply 113March 27, 2021 7:04 PM

R95 WHO said Sheryl was the problem? Nobody's accusing the Black woman of being the issue here. Please read and understand BEFORE posting dumb shit. Also, Sharon didn't begin to cry because of Piers OR the shitty explanation that she received from Sheryl. Those tears were from shock and slowly realizing that this conversation was gonna lead to her being called a racist. I think she also really likes Sheryl. Again, not taking up for her just relaying what I saw.

Sheryl gave a VERY weak argument as to why Morgan was being racist. I mean...he may very well BE, but in the bigger picture, not believing a person of color is not a valid reason to be called a racist. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 114March 27, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote] morning show he quitt.

Oh, dear.

[quote] He us genetically not English

Oh, dear.

[quote] They were treated like 3 class citizens

Oh, dear, dear.

[quote] Sharon is desceded from two groups

Oh, dear, dear, dear.

by Anonymousreply 115March 27, 2021 7:13 PM

Bring in Carnie Wilson!

by Anonymousreply 116March 27, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote] Those tears were from shock and slowly realizing that this conversation was gonna lead to her being called a racist.

This is exactly why difficult conversations on race don’t happen - people with the least to lose run out on them. It’s not the earnest wokesters, it is the white “liberal” who throw tantrums and shut shit down. Sharon is very happy “supporting the LGBT community” - she does her Lady Bountiful routine, is celebrated a gay icon and receives attention that an unattractive, brassy woman doesn’t get - but actual hard conversations that challenge her worldview with a member of a community that doesn’t automatically find her schtick fabulous? “They” are suddenly out to get her, “they” are conspiring to get her sacked, “they” are ruining her reputation when all she has to do is what she’s there to do - talk.

You dug your own hole, Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 117March 27, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote]Sharon seems to be more evolved on this issue then most given her support of LGBT. If she needs to have it explained, you better believe that this is a conversation worth having.

WTF does being supportive of LGBT have to do with being/not being racist?

R108, your comment makes no sense. All day every day here on DL we see GLBTs and their allies spewing racist nonsense. And we all know minorities who spew homo/trans phobic bs.

One has little to do with the other.

by Anonymousreply 118March 27, 2021 8:23 PM

I'm not a fan of Sharon, but I agree that people do need to present quantitative info before they want to say that racism came into play. I actually do think both Sharon and P. Morgan are racist (that's my gut feeling, based partly on Kelly Osbourne). I think Sharon could have, without a tantrum, asked her cohosts: What are you basing this on? What specific behavior / words of P. Morgan?

P. Morgan had a drinks "date" with Markle and she cut off all communication with P. Morgan once she got serious with Harry. IMO, Morgan is holding a petty grudge from that.

by Anonymousreply 119March 27, 2021 8:30 PM

Kathy was always great on The View --- so she is daytime acceptable. Just needs to be in at least 2nd rank so she can ball-bust an older dame.

by Anonymousreply 120March 27, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote] Sharon seems to be more evolved on this issue then most given her support of LGBT.

As if you needed more proof that homosexuality is inseparable from white supremacy.

by Anonymousreply 121March 27, 2021 8:36 PM

If we're going to keep changing the rules as to what is acceptable, then we're going to need it explained to us. Sharon was actually being quite courteous and ready to be humbled by asking for an explanation. It's not her fault that Sheryl's response was vague and unconvincing.

I think these woke supremacists are far more dangerous in terms of radicalizing average people then actual white supremacists who exist only on the fringes of society.

by Anonymousreply 122March 27, 2021 9:35 PM

People whining about “cancel culture” need to realize it’s always been like this because of at will employment. People have been getting fired for much less. Act like an asshole and deal with the consequences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 28, 2021 12:38 AM

R107,

You are wrong. Having suicidal thoughts is not a reason to limit trust in what she says about the situation. She's not in that state currently and was not during the interview. You're confusing a severe personality disorder (like Sharon's oppositional disorder or Pier's malignant narcissism) with a temporary mental condition brought about by stress.

by Anonymousreply 124March 28, 2021 4:40 AM

Keep moving the goalposts for what constitutes assholism and you can expect to be sued into bankruptcy over it.

by Anonymousreply 125March 28, 2021 4:41 AM

R122 is trying to be reasonable, but anyone watching that show would not see it as a polite request for an explanation from someone asking a serious question about defending a racist.

R122 must've been raised in a helluva nasty house to believe finger pointing, angry tears and profanity are polite.

by Anonymousreply 126March 28, 2021 4:45 AM

If Sharon wasn’t a racist (and she obviously is) she would be glad her situation raises the profile of the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 127March 28, 2021 5:27 AM

Remember she said that she disagreed with Piers. That means she wasn't even fired for sharing his opinion but defending his right to have his opinion. Scary times we live in.

by Anonymousreply 128March 28, 2021 4:41 PM

Thank GOD this bitch is gone. Sharon is a nasty nasty nasty woman.

by Anonymousreply 129March 28, 2021 6:18 PM

Agree, R128.

by Anonymousreply 130March 28, 2021 6:21 PM

Well, other things that she has said or done have been so odious...does anyone think that Holly Robinson is lying? I don't. I'll love Holly forever because she sucker punched Robin Givens when they attended Sarah Lawrence together. Nothing but respect.

by Anonymousreply 131March 28, 2021 6:29 PM

Let’s face it, Americans are sick and tired of the trashy Brits. James Corden is on his last day leg.

by Anonymousreply 132March 28, 2021 6:29 PM

America dumped both Piers and Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 133March 28, 2021 6:30 PM

I’m shitting in a box and mailing it to Sharon. Equal playing field. Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 134March 28, 2021 7:01 PM

Racist bitch

by Anonymousreply 135April 2, 2021 6:38 AM

So what level was she on in the Pyramid of Hate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 2, 2021 6:44 AM

Being racist is bad for business.

by Anonymousreply 137April 2, 2021 6:50 AM

link to the whole original Talk fight?

Surprisingly hard to find.

by Anonymousreply 138April 2, 2021 6:51 AM

[quote]Being racist is bad for business. —CBS

I wouldn't talk about racism after you canceled [italic]Frank's Place[/italic] after only a year.

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2021 7:15 AM

Or [italic]City of Angels[/italic], r139. A decent drama about an inner city LA hospital that never really got a chance.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote][R122] is trying to be reasonable, but anyone watching that show would not see it as a polite request for an explanation from someone asking a serious question about defending a racist.

It started out as a polite request and then she became exasperated when the woke morons couldn't answer the simple request and instead went into the programmed woke spiels of circular illogic nothingness. They literally could not say what was racist about Morgan disliking Markle.

by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2021 1:17 PM

Bye fucking Sharon, you cunt!!!!

by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2021 8:27 PM

Deport her.

by Anonymousreply 143April 12, 2021 12:21 PM

Good Useless cunt

by Anonymousreply 144April 12, 2021 12:35 PM

Won’t miss her. Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 145April 12, 2021 1:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!