Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Vaccine Side Effects Have Started

I got my second Moderna puncture yesterday at 11am. By this morning the only side effect I had was just like the first one, a sore arm and swelling at the puncture site. Then at 5:30pm today I started feeling sickly. Headache, body aches, and then the chills started. The chills have stopped and have been replaced with at 100.3° fever. I'm going to bed and hope that by tomorrow morning this will be over.

The good thing though was that the provider at the vaccination site yesterday told me it was okay for me to go ahead and start back on my arthritis medication again. I've been off it since 3/1 and by yesterday it was a chore to even walk up the stairs at the site.

by Anonymousreply 265June 23, 2021 10:46 PM

Thanks, OP. We'll send out a press release.

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2021 1:24 AM

OP, I heard that best thing to do for vaccine side effects is to stick your head in the toilet and flush several times.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2021 1:27 AM

I hope you have a restful night OP, and that you feel better in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2021 1:28 AM

Thanks for letting us know.

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2021 1:29 AM

The second moderna made me tired and achy, definitely kicked my ass a little bit. Well, well, worth it of course.

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2021 1:32 AM

Keep hydrated, OP, and get lots of sleep. Treat the rest as you would a cold - have some chicken soup, and take some ibuprofen.

You can minimize the pain to your arm by exercising it.

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2021 1:38 AM

Don't tell people to take Ibuprofen r6, they should take Tylenol instead.

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2021 1:40 AM

You are SUPPOSED to have these effects after the second shot. The antibodies created by the first vaccination are responding.

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2021 1:41 AM

At least you didn't get a case of the Karen tremors, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2021 1:44 AM

Beats having COVID.

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2021 1:44 AM

OP, everyone I know who’s had reactions similar to yours has said that it lasted 12-24 hours, nothing longer than that.

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2021 1:47 AM

I stand by what I've said, R7. ;)

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2021 1:52 AM

Do you have a rent-controlled apartment?

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2021 1:53 AM

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2021 1:53 AM

my 83 year old mother is suppose to be getting her 2nd PFIZER shot soon, i wonder if she'll have any side effects.... had nothing but a bit of a sore arm after the 1st shot..

by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2021 4:26 AM

I've just had the first shot as of last Friday, and the next morning had a headache in my cranium and the sore arm. The headache went away after taking an Advil, and then I went outside and the fresh air helped even more. By Tuesday, I felt like I had a cold but no chills or fever. The good thing is I had been feeling congested here and there and with the cold, I was able to clear up my nasal passages easier. So there's the bad, but good comes out of it.

by Anonymousreply 16March 11, 2021 4:29 AM

I hope OP has nice stuff.

by Anonymousreply 17March 11, 2021 7:15 AM

This is OP's roommate. I just rushed him to the emergency room. He's dead. But the last thing he told me was to warn everyone on Data Lounge.

Oh, and he sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 18March 11, 2021 7:38 AM

Getting Covid is 1000x worse than getting the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 19March 11, 2021 7:45 AM

How old are you OP? I've heard that the older you are, the fewer the second dose side effects. I'm really hoping my mom doesn't have any side effects.

Why did you have to stop your arthritis medicine for so long?

by Anonymousreply 20March 11, 2021 7:55 AM

I had the first Astra Zenica vaccine and my shoulder joint was painful a few days after the injection, but it went away after a day or so.

by Anonymousreply 21March 11, 2021 7:59 AM

Days of uncomfort, pain and agony and there is still NO real-world data of vaccine effectiveness.

by Anonymousreply 22March 11, 2021 8:00 AM

Yet the CDC are advising:

Fully vaccinated people can:

Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing

Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing

Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic

I think that's a bit premature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 11, 2021 8:06 AM

Are people getting the second shot in the same arm as first shot, or switching to the other?

by Anonymousreply 24March 11, 2021 8:09 AM

R23 To say nothing of:

It was originally announced that the vaccine was not a preventative to infection, but rather would lessen the symptoms if one were infected, reduce the severity of infection, including possible death.

Then the CDC announced that the vaccine could indeed prevent infection.

Now the CDC announces that the vaccine prevents infection with a variety of qualifiers and provisos.

I've said this since the beginning: I'm happy to have the jab(s) as soon as someone authoritative can provide accurate, real-world data that they have a fucking clue in hell what the vaccine(s) do.

by Anonymousreply 25March 11, 2021 8:19 AM

You're a martyr r25. A Christian martyr!

by Anonymousreply 26March 11, 2021 8:21 AM

It’s the whole purpose of the vaccine to prompt a response by your body. Your discomforts post-jab are good evidence that the vaccine is doing its job in generating an immune response in you. Mazel tov!

by Anonymousreply 27March 11, 2021 8:32 AM

[quote]Keep up the pointless fight!

R26 What is indeed pointless is being inoculated with an unknown substance .

by Anonymousreply 28March 11, 2021 8:38 AM

AstraZeneca being suspended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 11, 2021 12:21 PM

Well it was a rough night. Finally was able to get to sleep around 4am and woke up at 7:30 feeling considerably better. The fever & chills and throbbing headache are gone. I'd say I'm feeling about 85% normal. The only thing I'm noticing this morning is that my tinnitus is magnified. Hopefully that will go back down to the usual ringing soon.

This is the first time I've been sick since I acquired 3 kitties. They did something they never do last night. They all came and curled up together right at my chest and stayed there until I woke up this morning. Usually they'll get on the bed and sleep down at the foot in the corner. I want to think they knew daddy was feeling poorly and wanted to console me. 😄

And I agree with R10. Much better than having COVID.

by Anonymousreply 30March 11, 2021 12:24 PM

[quote]Days of uncomfort, pain and agony

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 31March 11, 2021 12:27 PM

[quote] How old are you OP? I've heard that the older you are, the fewer the second dose side effects. I'm really hoping my mom doesn't have any side effects. Why did you have to stop your arthritis medicine for so long?

I'm 67. When I had my first puncture I didn't stop taking my arthritis medication because no one told me I needed to. Then I read (I think here) that you should stop taking certain anti-inflammatories before getting vaccinated. So I called the provider and a lady there contacted one of their doctors who said "he'll be okay but he should stop taking it at least 7 days before getting the 2nd vaccination". When I got the 2nd puncture I asked them how soon I could start back & was told I could start the next day.

by Anonymousreply 32March 11, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote] had a headache in my cranium

It would’ve been really odd if you had a headache in your foot!

by Anonymousreply 33March 11, 2021 12:36 PM

[quote] Are people getting the second shot in the same arm as first shot, or switching to the other?

I specifically asked her if she wanted the other arm and she said it didn't matter so I had her jab me in the same arm as they did the first go 'round.

by Anonymousreply 34March 11, 2021 12:38 PM

Happy to hear that you’re feeling better OP. I had a flu-like reaction to my second dose and spent the next day sleeping on and off. Every time I woke up, my cat was right next to my chest too. They do know when their humans are not feeling well.

by Anonymousreply 35March 11, 2021 12:44 PM

I had a sore arm. I took a 650mg Tylenol and a Flexeril (muscle relaxant left over from PT last fall) and felt fine the next day. The second shot is next week.

by Anonymousreply 36March 11, 2021 12:46 PM

R30 the kitties were curled at your chest in order to get first dibs to eat your heart once it stopped beating.

Seriously, glad you’re feeling better.

by Anonymousreply 37March 11, 2021 1:07 PM

The chip hurts a bit when it first kicks in. At least you know the mind control device is initialized and working

by Anonymousreply 38March 11, 2021 1:10 PM

Thanks R35 and all the others who shared their experiences and helpful info. You can always count on the DL when you need a little helpful consideration and a little snark at the same time.

What amazes me most is how fast these side effects come on & go away. At 5:30pm I was feeling fine. I had my dinner at 6pm, but by 6:30 I knew something was going on. By 7pm the feeling of being sick were in full force. At 4am this morning I was still feeling sick, but I was finally able to sleep. By the time I woke up at 7:30 it was all over.

by Anonymousreply 39March 11, 2021 1:14 PM

I had my 1st shot @CVS Monday before last. Took 2 Tylenol extended release 2 hours before my 1:45pm appointment. Ran errands for 3-4 hours after the shot, no problems. Around 8:30pm my upper left arm started hurting like a BITCH--and I have an extraordinarily high pain tolerance.

Around midnight I remembered my sister in TX had bought some CBD gel from this veteran-owned shop in Houston. Grabbed it, rubbed it in, and it worked a treat. Arm still hurt but the intensity lessened bigly.

Their CBD oil is the truth, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 11, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote]This is the first time I've been sick since I acquired 3 kitties. They did something they never do last night. They all came and curled up together right at my chest and stayed there until I woke up this morning. Usually they'll get on the bed and sleep down at the foot in the corner. I want to think they knew daddy was feeling poorly and wanted to console me.

Believe it, OP. I've told this story before, but years and years ago my RN sister caught the flu at the hospital where she worked. She came home and collapsed on the bed. Fever of 102°, chills, delirium. Somehow my magician tuxedo cat opened sister's door, climbed into bed with her, and stayed right at sister's chest and side for 56 hours. No eating, no bathroom breaks. Nurse Murgatroyd's green eyes were the first thing my sister saw when she awoke.

by Anonymousreply 41March 11, 2021 1:40 PM

Pussy cats are indeed amazing creatures.

by Anonymousreply 42March 11, 2021 1:44 PM

[quote] my RN sister caught the flu at the hospital where she worked.

What idiot threw the flu at your sister? I hope they were fired!

Seriously, though, great story. I love stories like that. It warms my heart.

by Anonymousreply 43March 11, 2021 1:44 PM

R2 = Lupe Vélez

by Anonymousreply 44March 11, 2021 1:52 PM

R44 is why I still love Datalounge.😍

by Anonymousreply 45March 11, 2021 2:44 PM

The first shot was fine for me besides a sore arm, but the second was rough for about 6-8 hours. I got the full symptoms - chills, body aches, fever, and a pain behind my eyes. It came and went, though, and I don't regret it. If that's anything like having COVID, I'm glad I never got it.

by Anonymousreply 46March 11, 2021 6:24 PM

My cat's responses to me being ill range from indifference to looking at me with a mixture of horror and distaste when I sneeze, for example. She is a datalounger for sure, lol.

I'm glad the negative symptoms have passed, OP and that you are now protected.

by Anonymousreply 47March 11, 2021 6:39 PM

Thanks R47/Moue! I don't think maximum protection will be realized until a couple of weeks have passed. I'm still not 100% confident that this will absolutely keep me from getting COVID. I am confident it'll keep me from dying if i do get it. I think it's still too early to know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 48March 11, 2021 6:44 PM

I think the medical experts are saying that 14 days after the 2nd shot (or 1 of J&J) one would be considered to be fully inoculated.

by Anonymousreply 49March 11, 2021 6:52 PM

Moi and My Husband have had my two Monderna Shots. I am 46yo and my husband is 56yo. Both our arms were very heavy at the location of shot for 2 - 3 days. My hubby had a mild headache and felt some slight body aches and fatigue through the process. I on the other hand had the works with fever during the night after the shot. The next day I had body aches and was fatigued.......... I am still extremely glad to have gotten the Moderna shot and so is my Hubby. We both are flight attendants so we have been dealing with a few crazy passengers all along. It seven more scary now because we have Texas and Florida(on my no fly list) and other states with no mask mandates. Everyone is required to wear masks on Planes and Airports still who knows what they do in person at other spaces. If you can please get the Shot and wear a Mask. Us Gay folks need to be Alive to Vote to ensure Trump, Republicans never win the Senate and House back ever.

by Anonymousreply 50March 11, 2021 7:05 PM

Bless you, R50; I'm praying protection from virus and assholes over you and hubby

by Anonymousreply 51March 11, 2021 7:12 PM

It sounds like the side-effects are basically the same as the Shingrix vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 52March 11, 2021 7:22 PM

i got my first pfizer dose yesterday. I felt fine and then about 5 hours later my arm was pretty sore.

by Anonymousreply 53March 11, 2021 8:06 PM

My partner had the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. So far, no symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 54March 12, 2021 2:15 AM

My 85-year-old mother, my 82-year-old aunt, my 81-year-old uncle, my 84-year-old father, and my 76-year-old mother-in-law all got their shots. No side effects, no dying, maybe one sore arm. Stop being an alarmist Boris.

by Anonymousreply 55March 12, 2021 2:25 AM

I actually appreciate people sharing their side effect experiences. I get my second shot in two weeks and it’s comforting to hear how quickly these symptoms subside

by Anonymousreply 56March 12, 2021 2:29 AM

Received the first Pfizer shot and my face and neck turned beet red. I think it was a small allergic reaction but I did not alert the staff at the vaccine site because I wasn't having problems breathing or other serious effects. I wonder if I should expect a stronger response next time.

by Anonymousreply 57March 12, 2021 2:42 AM

R55, did they all get both doses? It's the second dose that causes the major side effects. I hope your case shows that they are right about older people not having as bad side effects.

[quote]It sounds like the side-effects are basically the same as the Shingrix vaccine.

I've heard horror stories about the reaction to the Shingrix vaccine. Nothing like the sore arm and 24 hours of slightly flu like symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 58March 12, 2021 4:43 AM

From the Mayo Clinic:

"Of interest, Dr. Virk says older patients in the studies had fewer side effects from COVID-19 vaccines than younger patients."

So, DLers are safe.

by Anonymousreply 59March 12, 2021 6:08 AM

Males and females react differently to both covid and the covid vaccine.

What are the sexes of the posters upthread reporting side effects?

For those with elderly relatives and friends, you may want to help them out if you can by ensuring that any mobility or other issues caused by side effects like sore arms are planned for. Like if someone uses a walker, will the sore arm affect that? Will they be able to get onto a toilet seat and back up? Can they reach dishes, glasses, etc. Just making sure essential things are usable and reachable will help. There must be some articles about it. We may see an increase in falls. May need more checking up on than usual.

When I got my Shingrix shot which really hurt my arm for days, I also had a bad knee at the time and could not push myself up from the sofa or from bed with both arms, so that became a real problem. I felt like some trapped invalid. I also couldn't reach items from upper shelves like dishes, glasses, food.

by Anonymousreply 60March 12, 2021 7:04 AM

R60, do you have a link to the info about males and females reacting differently to the vaccines? Are women have a worse reaction because their immune response is stronger or their cells have different receptors?

by Anonymousreply 61March 12, 2021 7:18 AM

I got my shot Tuesday night. My arm feels like somebody hauled off and punched it hard, and I was a little bit lethargic yesterday. The arm pain is finally going away now and otherwise I feel great.

by Anonymousreply 62March 12, 2021 7:26 AM

[quote] and I was a little bit lethargic yesterday.

So no different than any other day.

by Anonymousreply 63March 12, 2021 11:58 AM

R55 anecdotal evidence is obviously scientific...

by Anonymousreply 64March 12, 2021 12:26 PM

R60, that's really interesting. My Dad had his first shot in early January, mere days after he turned 93. We were prepared to deal with terrible side effects because 7 years ago he had 2 strokes and a heart attack, and has some resultant dementia. He also was in the early stages of cachexia. As his vaccine due date approached, he had 2 ER visits for dehydration and a stubborn UTI. So we asked Dad's primary doctor if Dad should keep the shot appointment or postpone it. Primary emphatically said Keep. That. Appointment. So we did.

Two hours before the appointment I gave dad 2 extra strength Tylenol. We went to vaccine location; he got the (Pfizer) shot. Pharmacist who administered it said just watch for arm pain. Turned out that's all that happened to Dad, and that arm soreness resolved in two days.

21 days later he received the 2nd shot. Same administering pharmacist. I asked him what we could expect, since we'd heard the Pfizer vac's 2nd dose was worse than the first. He said probable arm pain, fever, chills, and transient profound fatigue.

Dad had NO ill effects from the 2nd dose. Almost 3 months later, he's doing great.

FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 65March 12, 2021 1:25 PM

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out about side effects. You're going to get 'em or you're not. They're going to be mild or they're not. Whatever the case, they're going to be temporary. So who cares?

by Anonymousreply 66March 12, 2021 1:31 PM

0/10, OP. Way too contrived. Not convincing. Side effects have been discussed from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 67March 12, 2021 2:12 PM

Oh look. R67, the smartest one in the room has arrived to offer...well, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 68March 12, 2021 2:33 PM

2nd shot yesterday afternoon. So far just a sore shoulder.

The first shot I had 1/2 hour of intense chills exactly one week after.

by Anonymousreply 69March 12, 2021 2:58 PM

R66 it can be a little scary when you’re going through it, even if you’re a rational person who doesn’t believe any of the insane conspiracy theories about the vaccines. Plus some of the side effects - like pain in your shoulder that won’t go away - can be bursitis from the way the vaccine was administered if they hit the shoulder joint wrong. So it’s helpful to hear others experiences.

by Anonymousreply 70March 12, 2021 3:09 PM

Is the vaccine required?

by Anonymousreply 71March 12, 2021 3:11 PM

I mean—will have to show your papers for things? Like going to the grocery store for example?

by Anonymousreply 72March 12, 2021 3:12 PM

Had my first shot of Pfizer yesterday, today just a little arm pain, hope for the same on the 2nd shot.

by Anonymousreply 73March 12, 2021 3:14 PM

At some point, when it's clear everybody who wants to get the vaccination has done so and there remains a substantial population of non-vaccinated idiots, employers will demand vaccination to keep your job, airlines and trains will demand proof of vaccination to buy a ticket, etc.

by Anonymousreply 74March 12, 2021 3:15 PM

I've got my vaccination card in my wallet and I put it on my mobile phone. I have a feeling at some point some venues are going to start asking for proof of full vacination.

And I'm so sorry R67 to have upset you. I hope you have a nice day. You seem to need one.

by Anonymousreply 75March 12, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote]I mean—will have to show your papers for things? Like going to the grocery store for example?

I'm going to start referring to them as "letters of transit."

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2021 12:49 AM

Had the second dose yesterday and today I'm achy and fatigued.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2021 8:28 PM

Pfizer or Moderna, r77?

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2021 9:32 PM

Moderna

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2021 9:59 PM

Hope you feel better soon op

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2021 10:05 PM

Thank you R80. I was all better by Thursday morning. 12 hours of feeling ill was little to pay in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2021 10:31 PM

Had my first Pfizer Thursday afternoon. Weird thing, returning to my car, I could taste the vaccination in the back of my throat. Was incredibly tired for two days, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2021 11:50 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 14, 2021 1:12 AM

R77, how old are you? I'm trying to gather as much anecdotal evidence to support that older people do actually have fewer side effects.

R83, we'll see. Florida has lied the entire time. Let's see what happens in California and New York. America is usually a couple months behind Europe's surge. Europe is surging now. One thing we have in our favor, actually, is that so many fucking idiots went out and got themselves infected that, when added to the vaccinated numbers, we are probably only a month of so away from herd immunity as long as the vaccine keeps working against the newer strains.

by Anonymousreply 84March 14, 2021 1:57 AM

[quote] we are probably only a month of so away from herd immunity as long as the vaccine keeps working against the newer strains.

So stealth, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 85March 14, 2021 2:11 AM

Hopefully the vaccine-averse will get sick and die. We don't need more idiots on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 86March 14, 2021 2:18 AM

WTH are you even Boris-ing, R85?

Add the 30+ million known cases to all the asymptomatic cases that were never tested and the 33+ million who have been vaccinated and we're probably close to 80 million people. Since children supposedly don't carry it or spread it to a great degree, that's a huge portion of the adult population that has immunity and we're still having 60,000+ infected daily. We're giving more than a million vaccinations a day.

So, honestly, go fuck Boris, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 87March 14, 2021 4:00 AM

It's a good tip about taking the tylenol before getting the injection. I'm on the waiting list and wouldn't have thought of that.

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2021 4:16 AM

The CDC does not recommend taking Tylenol before getting the vaccine. It’s fine to take after the injection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2021 5:04 AM

R29 is right: wait until you’ve had the shot to take an NSAID, preferably Tylenol.

HOWEVER, if you have a history of allergies to almost anything, take a Claritin, Zyrtec, or a Benadryl tablet - the last only if you’re not driving home - an hour or so before the vaccine injection and hang around the site where you got the injection for 30 minutes instead of 15 and bring your epi-pen with you just in case.

by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2021 5:18 PM

I’ve had an allergic reaction to penicillin in the past. Nothing more than a rash.

I received my two shots in a hospital and waited around 30 minutes figuring if I was going to have an allergic reaction, I was in the right place. As I had to commute home by subway, I kept a Benadryl in my pocket for the train ride home in case I needed it. I was fine.

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2021 5:31 PM

Thanks for posting that, r91.

I, too, am allergic to penicillin with the same response: rash. Getting Pfizer shot and was slightly concerned.

So, again, thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2021 5:47 PM

I received the Pfizer vaccine R92. I was asked before both injections if I was allergic to anything and I said no, as I hadn’t read anything beforehand that gave me reason to believe my penicillin allergy would be problematic. I just wanted to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2021 5:55 PM

Me too and I was thinking of doing the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2021 6:03 PM

There's nothing you need to be worried about with the shot. I also have a penicillin allergy and took both shots fine. The second can kick your ass starting about 12 hours after shot and it lasts for about 8-10 hours and then you're fine. I had a pretty strong reaction but it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2021 6:08 PM

Thanks, r95.

My mother (elderly) took Pfizer first shot as has my brother (50s). Neither have had any reaction whatsoever to the first shot.

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2021 6:12 PM

I had my second Pfizer shot at noon and felt fine until around 2am. I woke up feeling as if I had a bad case of the flu. I took two Tylenols during the daytime, kept hydrated, and I woke up feeling great the next morning.

Knowing that side effects were possible, I wasn’t concerned.

by Anonymousreply 97March 14, 2021 6:17 PM

If you have a job it's best to take the day after the second shot off.

by Anonymousreply 98March 14, 2021 6:19 PM

Getting my Pfizer-1 tomorrow, and I also am allergic to penicillin (and sulfa). Thanks for all the anecdotal information. It helps.

by Anonymousreply 99March 14, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote] how old are you? I'm trying to gather as much anecdotal evidence to support that older people do actually have fewer side effects.

I think older people have less side effects too

I haven't had the Covid vaccine yet, but I had the shingles vaccine (I'm 55) and had side effects. The first shot was fatigue (4 hrs), the second was chills (30 minutes)

My Aunt and Uncle are in their late 70s and they had the shingles vaccines last year and the first Covid vaccine and they didn't have any side effects

by Anonymousreply 100March 14, 2021 11:16 PM

I wrote about my second shot at R97, and I’m 65 years old.

With the first shot, chills set in about 5 hours after the injection and continued until I fell asleep that night. I woke up the next morning with only a dull headache that gradually went away as the day wore on. I didn’t even take a Tylenol that day, but I drank a lot of water and I think that helped.

by Anonymousreply 101March 14, 2021 11:39 PM

I feel badly asking about this, but I wasn't comfortable asking anyone else I know and googling turned up nothing. I take a small amount of MDMA a twice a week to work through my complex PTSD. It's been the only thing that has helped me process my old trauma and deal with my massive depression since I live alone and haven't left home since 2/22/20. Anyway, I was wondering, should I stay completely clean the entire 5-6 weeks during the two dose moderna vaccine? (as in, will this hamper the immune response?) Or just wait a few days after?

by Anonymousreply 102March 15, 2021 12:10 AM

R102 you should call the provider you're getting vaccinated by tomorrow morning and ask them. They will either be able to tell you or they'll have one of their doctors advise you. I had to call my provider about taking my arthritis meds and she called one of their physicians who gave her the info I needed.

by Anonymousreply 103March 15, 2021 12:15 AM

(103) I was afraid to do so since it's illegal, but perhaps I can call anonymously. Thank you though, I suppose I'll bite the bullet and try.

by Anonymousreply 104March 15, 2021 12:33 AM

I just got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine this am. Unsure as to when I can take my arthritis pain med.

by Anonymousreply 105March 15, 2021 12:40 AM

Oh I'm sorry R102. I have to plead ignorance as to what MDMA is. There are medical professionals on this board. Hopefully one of them will read this thread and be able to give you an answer.

by Anonymousreply 106March 15, 2021 12:46 AM

Sorry. The second shot sucks. But at least it's working as it should 'cause this side effect is common.

by Anonymousreply 107March 15, 2021 12:47 AM

Are those of you talking about stopping your arthritis medications talking about rheumatoid arthritis immonosuppressive drugs? I don't see anything about arthritis medications and covid vaccines except the immumosuppressive ones.

by Anonymousreply 108March 15, 2021 12:52 AM

No R108, I have osteoarthritis and I take a pain med that is classified as an NSAID.

by Anonymousreply 109March 15, 2021 1:13 AM

I got both doses of phizer and had zero side effects

by Anonymousreply 110March 15, 2021 1:39 AM

I had my second Moderna shot almost 2 weeks ago. Besides the arm hurting for 24 hours, I did feel very fatigued, and sometimes feel like I have never recovered from that.

by Anonymousreply 111March 15, 2021 2:16 AM

My dad had no side effects at all despite being elderly and ill. My mom is in good shape but had 24 hours of flu-like symptoms that passed though she still tastes a medicine-like taste in her mouth. This was the Moderna. They are taking the Astra-Zeneca off the market in some EU countries though.

by Anonymousreply 112March 15, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote] I take a small amount of MDMA a twice a week to work through my complex PTSD. It's been the only thing that has helped me process my old trauma and deal with my massive depression since I live alone and haven't left home since 2/22/20. Anyway, I was wondering, should I stay completely clean the entire 5-6 weeks during the two dose moderna vaccine? (as in, will this hamper the immune response?) Or just wait a few days after?

Just call one of the hotline numbers. They don't care if you take illegal drugs. They're not going to report you. I'm a pharmacist and did a quick search for interactions and didn't see anything, but I doubt it's the kind of thing they would have information about. T

This may not be the right number, but they should be able to give you the correct number

Pfizer

Customer Service and Product Inquiries: 1-800-TRY-FIRST (1-800-879-3477) Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST

by Anonymousreply 113March 15, 2021 9:53 AM

I love how helpful people on the Datalounge can be.

by Anonymousreply 114March 15, 2021 10:39 AM

Got my first Pfizer Thursday...felt fine then a little arm soreness...maybe a little flushed too. Get my second April 1st trying to reschedule because I’m flying to Miami that day

by Anonymousreply 115March 15, 2021 10:51 AM

[quote] I feel badly

Oh, you poor thing. Jerking off must be terrible.

by Anonymousreply 116March 15, 2021 11:28 AM

Moderna is the one with the side effects.

Interestingly, OP, my cousin had exactly the same thing happen, right down to the 103 fever. She’s fine now but got extremely sick right after.

by Anonymousreply 117March 15, 2021 12:27 PM

[quote] . I have to plead ignorance as to what MDMA is.

Ecstasy. They do drugs, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 118March 15, 2021 12:29 PM

I have the whim whams, I shake and moan, I groan to the bone!

by Anonymousreply 119March 15, 2021 12:31 PM

R119 sounds like a happy ending on a whiff of poppers lol

by Anonymousreply 120March 15, 2021 12:48 PM

(R113) Thanks, I really appreciate the info!

by Anonymousreply 121March 15, 2021 1:29 PM

I am a 69 year old gay man, had my first dose of Pfizer six days ago, I have been feeling pretty crappy ever since. Extremely tired, a little brain foggy, lightheaded sometimes but no headaches and I normally have headaches a lot. Tinnitus worse as someone above mentioned. Problem is I have no idea if the vaccine cause any of these symptoms because I had a brain tumor 10 years ago that sometimes also still causes some of these symptoms. I expect if the vaccine is causing any of these problems it will go away in a couple of weeks, at least I sure hope so. Still better than getting Covid at my age but I am not looking forward to my second shot.

The Flu vaccine makes me very sick for 7-10 days so I stopped getting it long ago and haven't had the flu for over 15 years, but I have had the pneumonia and both shingles vaccines with few problems for more than a day or two.

by Anonymousreply 122March 15, 2021 9:22 PM

I get my second dose tomorrow. Side effects after the first were mild.

My 75 year old parents have had both doses without anything serious at all. My 70 year old aunt felt like she had Covid for a day and a half after the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 123March 15, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]Are people getting the second shot in the same arm as first shot, or switching to the other?

Always use your non-dominant arm.

by Anonymousreply 124March 15, 2021 9:30 PM

First Pfizer shot: half hour of chills exactly one week after shot.

Second Pfizer shot: sore shoulder right below injection spot; achey 4-5 hours the day after. Chills for 10 minutes 3 days after shot.

Guessing I'm one of the lucky ones.

by Anonymousreply 125March 15, 2021 10:10 PM

First Pfizer shot - some fogginess and lethargy a couple hours after the shot which lasted for a couple hours. Some unique joint and muscle pain that I think was caused by the shot - difficult to assess since I have joint and muscle pain anyway. Again, lasted for hours. That's about it other than localized pain at the injection site of course.

Second Pfizer shot tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 126March 15, 2021 10:23 PM

After the 2nd vaccine my pussy itched like a motherfucker for about 6 hours. I used anti itch lotion and took a site bath. At 8 pm it stopped. I’m fine now.

by Anonymousreply 127March 15, 2021 11:44 PM

I don't get it. First shot of Moderna I was sick as a dog for a day and a half afterwards. Esp. liver and coughing. Second shot a month later had no fx at all. Fine since then.

by Anonymousreply 128March 15, 2021 11:49 PM

R127, honey, that's from herpes.

by Anonymousreply 129March 16, 2021 12:36 AM

R128, What happened to your liver?

by Anonymousreply 130March 16, 2021 1:19 AM

r99 here, who got Pfizer-1 today. My arm started aching even before I left the vaccination site, and my face puffed up and got red, though that went down quickly. It's been five hours since the shot and I'm still in bed. Not really uncomfortable, just exhausted.

I'm fascinated as to all these different reactions.

by Anonymousreply 131March 16, 2021 1:22 AM

Did anyone else get the hard swelling about 2" in circumference around the injection site? I got it both times and it took a full week for the swelling to go away.

by Anonymousreply 132March 16, 2021 1:26 AM

I’m a healthcare professional. Your symptoms are total normal. My suggestion is to shut the fuck up, and get plenty of rest and fluids.

by Anonymousreply 133March 16, 2021 1:28 AM

I'm in my early 40s and I got my first vaccine shot (Pfizer) on March 7. No side effects except for a bit of soreness at the injection site a day later. I had worse soreness after my last Tdap vaccine. Given some of the anecdotal information, it seems like side effects are more prevalent with the second shot. I'll find out for myself at the end of this month. I've got Tylenol on hand and conveniently I have the day off work the day after my second shot (not planned - it's a holiday).

by Anonymousreply 134March 16, 2021 1:56 AM

[quote] Guessing I'm one of the lucky ones.

No, you’d be one of the lucky ones if you had zero effects like a lot of us.

by Anonymousreply 135March 16, 2021 12:14 PM

[quote] Did anyone else get the hard swelling about 2"

Not until 2 weeks after my second shot when I’m fully vaxxed. Then I’ll be on the prowl for this. Though I’d prefer a little larger than 2”.

by Anonymousreply 136March 16, 2021 12:15 PM

I'm getting my first shot of Pfizer tomorrow. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 137March 16, 2021 1:36 PM

I got my first shot of Moderna yesterday morning and absolutely NO side affects and I'm in my low 60s. I may have some effects on the second shot but until then, I will assume that many of you are just big pussies.

by Anonymousreply 138March 16, 2021 1:43 PM

I felch dogs!

by Anonymousreply 139March 21, 2021 1:21 PM

A friend of mine has a theory that the older you are, the less side effects. I’ve had first shot of Moderna, sore arm... that was it. I’m 65, scheduled for 2nd on 4/3

by Anonymousreply 140March 21, 2021 1:41 PM

I’m scheduled for my second Moderna vaccine on April 8!

by Anonymousreply 141March 21, 2021 2:04 PM

Are you mentally retarded yet OP?

by Anonymousreply 142March 21, 2021 3:30 PM

I had my second exactly 48 hours ago and only very very slight arm discomfort. I'm hoping worse symptoms would have happened by now.

by Anonymousreply 143March 21, 2021 5:35 PM

Hubby and I had our first Pfizer shots just under three weeks ago, and hubby said his arm ached worse than any other vaccine he's had, but wasn't that bad. I bruised at the injection site, and had slight swelling for 24 hours. I think the bruise was caused by the pharmacist; I had minor bleeding, which I've never had with any prior inoculation. Otherwise nothing, and we're hoping for the same after our next jab in a week!

Complaining about the side effects from a vaccine is like complaining the lawn is wet after running the sprinklers. Well, if you're having a garden party for the Queen, either water enough in advance that it's dry by tea time, or wait until she wraps the leftover pastries in her napkin and tucks them in her purse.

by Anonymousreply 144March 21, 2021 6:20 PM

Moderna or Pfizer?

by Anonymousreply 145March 21, 2021 6:20 PM

Sorry, the question at r145 was for r143.

by Anonymousreply 146March 21, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote] and had slight swelling for 24 hours.

Mmmmmm. I’ll bet hubby was happy with that.

by Anonymousreply 147March 21, 2021 6:22 PM

I had my AZ vaccine six hours ago and my head hasn't fallen off yet. Will let you all know if it does, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 148March 21, 2021 6:22 PM

R145 I had the Pfizer. After the first shot I felt really tired on the second day but nothing now. I don't know whether to believe that I had it as some are saying. I had a negative test two months ago.

by Anonymousreply 149March 21, 2021 9:06 PM

I had the Pfizer on Saturday, and still feel groggy and feverish. The pain in my arm is gone, though. I took a few Tylenol. I hope the fatigue goes away soon, I’m not getting anything done. I’m fifty-five.

by Anonymousreply 150March 22, 2021 6:22 PM

Had the Moderna. Same effects, both shots: sore arm for a couple days, mildly tired (though, admittedly, that's been the norm for me this last year). Now I feel fine and relieved.

by Anonymousreply 151March 22, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote]hubby said his arm ached worse than any other vaccine he's had,

R144 - has he gotten his shingles vaccine shot yet?

by Anonymousreply 152March 22, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote]my head hasn't fallen off yet. Will let you all know if it does, obviously.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 153March 23, 2021 12:44 PM

I agree with those that mention the first newer Shingles shot. Most of the side effects sound like what I had with it. I have my first supposedly Pfizer tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 154March 24, 2021 11:01 PM

Had the Pfizer 3 days ago. A few hours later I could not move my arm or shoulder as it felt I had been ran over by a train. It is day 3 and I’m able to move it although still painful. I have mild arthritis and someone told me that could be the root cause for the reaction.

I am happy as a queen nevertheless and don’t care at all about the side effects. After a full year of severe depression and isolation I will finally be able to travel next month and see my mom (and other places around the world).

Thank you for the dedicated scientists that worked hard to develop a vaccine. And also the volunteers that were part of the research. We can now look up and wait for brighter days ahead.

by Anonymousreply 155March 25, 2021 6:14 AM

You're still vulnerable to the SA and Brazilian variants R155. So enjoy your travels but be careful. The Pfizer efficacy numbers are quite misleading. The second shot is the one that brings on the full storm of side effects with Pfizer. The data is clear on that. The onset is about 24 to 48 hours post jab. Fever, chills, nausea, headache, extreme tiredness. It won't usually last more than two days though. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 156March 25, 2021 6:19 AM

Fat people always have problems with every thing and that is a fact!

by Anonymousreply 157March 25, 2021 6:20 AM

[quote] Thank you for the dedicated scientists that worked hard to develop a vaccine. And also the volunteers that were part of the research.

Yes. We don’t say thank you enough.

by Anonymousreply 158March 25, 2021 6:41 AM

R27 Serious question. What does it mean if after the second shot one has experienced any side effects other that a sore arm?

by Anonymousreply 159March 25, 2021 9:41 AM

[quote]I am happy as a queen

If the Datalounge is any indicator, that is a faint boast indeed.

by Anonymousreply 160March 25, 2021 11:17 AM

It doesn't mean anything in terms of vaccine efficacy, R159.

“Although having symptoms is a sign that the immune system is reacting to the vaccine, the absence of symptoms does not mean that the vaccine is not working,” California’s San Bernardino County Health Officer Dr. Michael Sequeira told The Mercury News. “Follow-up studies with antibody measures and epidemiology studies have shown that the overwhelming majority of those who experience no symptoms after the vaccine have developed immunity.”

by Anonymousreply 161March 25, 2021 11:22 AM

I took my mom to get her second Moderna shot last Friday and they were able to give me one as there were a couple cancellations. Woot! I was amazed that I didn't even feel the needle going in. The pain set in about 5 hours later though. That was all I felt the first day but by day two I had a persistent headache and felt rundown. My mom had some chills and itching at her injection point about 48 hours after her second dose. I'm already starting to freak out about the second dose. I'm kind of a big baby when it comes to this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 162March 25, 2021 12:52 PM

[quote] I had been ran over by a train.

Oh, dear!

Loved your post, though.

by Anonymousreply 163March 25, 2021 1:23 PM

R162, I think as younger people start to get the Pfizer and Moderna second doses, the side effect reports are going to get worse and worse. I hope they are studying whether one dose is good enough for younger people due to their stronger immune systems.

by Anonymousreply 164March 25, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]I think as younger people start to get the Pfizer and Moderna second doses, the side effect reports are going to get worse and worse.

A friend's 27-year-old son got his second Moderna shot this week -- he's a teacher -- and he's been down with a 103-degree fever the past two days.

by Anonymousreply 165March 25, 2021 6:30 PM

I had my second pfizer dose Monday afternoon. I had a sore arm and slight fatigue but both have resolved. Past flu vaccinations have produced greater side effects than this. I'm 40 and very grateful.

by Anonymousreply 166March 25, 2021 7:00 PM

Interesting read re: everyone's experiences with side effects.

Circling back to the discussion about older people not feeling as many, or any at all, side effects, I wonder if this correlates to efficacy? I believe early on studies were saying that the overall efficacy of the vaccines were lower in people considered elderly. I don't know what recent studies have said.

by Anonymousreply 167March 25, 2021 8:16 PM

My arm hurt more after my last tetanus shot than my first Moderna shot.

by Anonymousreply 168March 25, 2021 10:36 PM

I'm 59 and I had my first Pfizer shot a couple of days ago. Besides the sore arm, I had headaches on the day after. Not migraine-level, but enough to want to lie down and rest.

Hoping that doesn't mean that I'll have worse side effects after shot #2.

by Anonymousreply 169March 26, 2021 12:04 AM

R162, that’s one of the reasons I am holding out for J&J. I know me, and if I have a bad reaction, I won’t want to go back for another shot.

by Anonymousreply 170March 26, 2021 12:40 AM

R170 you still might be better off going with Moderna or Pfizer.

Studies have shown that even with one shot of both, after about three weeks the efficacy sits at between 90-91% after one dose.

Johnson and Johnson is around 72% in terms of efficacy.

by Anonymousreply 171March 26, 2021 12:54 AM

I trust you meant "even with one shot of either" R171.

Or are they doing "mix and match" when you go back in three weeks for the second shot?

by Anonymousreply 172March 26, 2021 1:41 AM

Yes, R172, either.

by Anonymousreply 173March 26, 2021 1:47 AM

It's about 52 percent efficacy with Pfizer - for elderly populations after one shot. The data changes, but that's the current reality.

by Anonymousreply 174March 26, 2021 2:14 AM

R171, I've read that the second shot actually kind of locks in the immunity. It is made to work with the two shots in tandem. Immunity may lessen if you skip the second dose of the mRNA vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 175March 26, 2021 4:50 AM

R175 research has varied wildly re: whether or not you actually need the two shots.

Some research says you need two, that comes directly from both Pfizer and Moderna.

Other research showed that some who only got one shot maintained around 80% immunity.

Some other research showed that people who had previously contracted Covid could do very well with just one shot of either Moderna or Pfizer.

There's also been research that shows one shot in general might be good enough as they are finding the interval between shots can be extended.

Studies are also showing that the amounts of second doses might not necessarily need to be at the levels they are currently giving (Moderna is currently considering lowering the second does to make more of the vaccine available).

So basically, they're quite unsure about all of it.

That being said, I'd just get two shots of Pfizer or Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 176March 26, 2021 5:23 AM

What's the latest on the Oxford vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 177March 26, 2021 7:29 AM

I'm early 60's first Moderna shot on 3/17 the only effect was minor pain at the injection site. BFD I don't care if I am bedridden for a couple of days after my 2nd shot. I'm going to be so happy and thankful to have my life back. I hope the willfully ignorant who don't get vaccinated have to remain in their home states. You can bet the EU will have a "Vax Visa" - just imagine no Dee Plorables from TX in European Capitals!

by Anonymousreply 178March 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Their aint no reason for us too go to euroupe we got eppcot right hear!!!

#nofacediper #maga2024 #disneymom #faith

by Anonymousreply 179March 26, 2021 8:56 AM

Why do people keep saying "puncture" instead of shot? Or at least injection? Is this the new pretentious way to say it? Or are you all English people who got flat tires on the way to get the vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 180March 28, 2021 4:51 PM

First Pfizer shot gave me a sore arm the next day. I’m waiting for the second shot which I expect will be worse. I’m in my 40s.

by Anonymousreply 181March 28, 2021 5:16 PM

My second Pfizer was Tuesday. I was OK that day, but about 2 or 3 am Weds woke up with chills, aches, and a terrible headache. I took most of the day off from work. I was much better on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 182April 10, 2021 6:50 PM

One Pfizer shot so far. I was fine for the rest of that day, but had a headache most of the next day—a bad one, but not so bad that I had to lie down. By evening it was mostly gone and the next day I was fine; but I suspect it's a foreshadowing of a worse trip after the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 183April 10, 2021 8:15 PM

Got the second Pfizer dose yesterday. In bed with fever and awful body ache and can’t barely move my arm

by Anonymousreply 184April 13, 2021 3:49 PM

R184, I hope you feel better soon, take advil.

by Anonymousreply 185April 13, 2021 3:56 PM

My mom is 84 - she got both Pfizer shots and other than the run down achy feeling she took them like a champ. ... I am a trim healthy 55 year old. In 1992 I was in a car accident that left my right hip a little sniff ( I joke - Now I’ll never be a Rockette!!!). Two or three times a year when the weather changes I notice it in my hip - just for a few hours. A week ago Monday I got my 1st Moderna shot. Sore arm - tired - but not bad at all. Suddenly Friday night my right hip started ACHING - like maybe I had run into the corner of a table - the whole thigh started to ache - I expected to find a big bruise - nothing . It is still aching and it is Tuesday morning. The ONLY different thing I have done is the vaccine - I haven’t heard of anyone having that response but damn - it hurts!

by Anonymousreply 186April 13, 2021 6:24 PM

STIFF not SNIFF - UGH - cringe!!

by Anonymousreply 187April 13, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]I joke - Now I’ll never be a Rockette!!!

Good joke.

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2021 6:31 PM

That's interesting, R186, because a friend of mine had COVID and the only symptom she experienced was an agonizingly sore hip -- she could barely walk for a week and a half.

by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2021 6:39 PM

Omg = I have started to feel crazy (well I'm crazy but...) It is still very sore = I hope that she is feeling better!

by Anonymousreply 190April 14, 2021 7:37 PM

R186 My back which hasn't hurt in years hurt a lot (in the place I injured it) plus a flare up of arthritis which I haven't had in years either. 2 weeks later still not feeling totally better.

by Anonymousreply 191April 14, 2021 10:25 PM

Very informative. Please let us know when you move your bowels, OP.

by Anonymousreply 192April 14, 2021 10:26 PM

OP Pretty normal for many people.

It will be ok in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 193April 14, 2021 10:28 PM

191 - I'm sorry that your back is giving you a hard time - that is so weird - you wonder how this virus can find old injuries - I hope that you feel better soon!

by Anonymousreply 194April 14, 2021 11:10 PM

R186 I had a similar experience both shots. Back and neck pain in the same places I had arthritis. Only this time the pain stays for many days.

by Anonymousreply 195April 15, 2021 10:09 AM

^I meant R191 but feel free to read it too R186.

by Anonymousreply 196April 15, 2021 10:11 AM

R94 Thanks

by Anonymousreply 197April 15, 2021 11:29 AM

Just got my 2nd Pfizer shot. I hope I’m ok tomorrow...

by Anonymousreply 198April 15, 2021 11:12 PM

Let us know if you die.

by Anonymousreply 199April 15, 2021 11:13 PM

Got 2nd Moderna shot Tuesday afternoon. Didn't even feel the injection. But by 12am, the chills and aches began and didn't stop until 11pm the following day. It really intensified around lunch hour Wednesday. Fever, chills, body aches all over (plus the sore injection site). Headache and sinus pressure as well. Finally took Tylenol 23 hours in and that helped. Felt remarkably better by 11pm and now today, woke up fresh as a daisy. Just got back from a 5 mile run! Pretty wild!

by Anonymousreply 200April 15, 2021 11:19 PM

R200 I got my 2nd Moderna shot this morning and so far just have the beginning of a sore arm. I am having a glass of wine now with dinner but not more than one small glass in case I need to take Tylenol tonight. I have an intentionally light day tomorrow just in case I am not feeling well.

My first shot had me feeling unusually sleepy 2 or 3 days after but other than that and a sore arm for about 5 days I felt fine. Better than most flu and tetanus shots.

No one I know has said the side effects were not worth getting the vaccine. And it sure beats getting COVID.

by Anonymousreply 201April 15, 2021 11:28 PM

R201, you’re not supposed to drink alcohol. Call your sponsor, lush.

by Anonymousreply 202April 15, 2021 11:32 PM

Everyone should be getting Pfizer. The rest are awful.

by Anonymousreply 203April 15, 2021 11:32 PM

Almost 6,000 fully vaccinate Pfizer recipients in American have come down with COVID so far. 76 died.

It's okay to have a glass of wine on the day of your vaccination. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 204April 15, 2021 11:35 PM

R201 That sounds like a good plan. I also snuck an evening bev in (hey, gotta celebrate the moment!) Interestingly, the two others I got the vaccine with (in their late 40s) had far milder to no symptoms (beyond the sore arm and some fatigue). So you might be one of the lucky ones! It felt like I was hit by a Mack truck but feel more refreshed today than I have in weeks, so it's definitely worth the 12-24 hours of discomfort! Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 205April 15, 2021 11:36 PM

I just read the Moderna vaccines only last for 6 mos.

My county just entered the danger zone again. Don't know if we'll be locking-down again or just doing the new "personal responsibility" thang (Republican Governor).

by Anonymousreply 206April 15, 2021 11:41 PM

Did you read that the Moderna vaccine lasts only six months or that it is not known yet how much beyond six months the vaccine will be effective?

by Anonymousreply 207April 15, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote] I just read the Moderna vaccines only last for 6 mos.

Either you misread it or whoever wrote it has no idea what they're talking about. Truth is, they don't fully know at this point how long the vaccine will last. They just know that so far the vaccines have lasted over 6 months. They'll know how long they'll last as soon as they see that people have lost the antibodies the vaccine gave them. Some have said that could be a year, or it could be years.

Read this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 15, 2021 11:51 PM

R30, my cats did the same thing, cuddled right up to me while I was sleeping off the worst of the vaccine side effects.. A couple weeks ago I spoke to a guy who had covid last year and his cats wouldn't leave his side while he was in bed. In fact, he was stuck on his side and couldn't move because 4 of them stationed themselves so that moving became more trouble than it was worth. And then he found out that being on his side was the best position for his breathing and he was so grateful for his kitties.

by Anonymousreply 209April 16, 2021 1:42 AM

I didn’t have any side effects

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2021 1:45 AM

Four cats is 2 many.

by Anonymousreply 211April 16, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote] Just got back from a 5 mile run!

Understandable. After all, you probably haven’t been to the ice cream truck in over a year. I can see why you’d chase it.

by Anonymousreply 212April 16, 2021 11:08 AM

I’m going through it now, chills and body ache

by Anonymousreply 213April 16, 2021 11:08 AM

Nice link, r204.

by Anonymousreply 214April 16, 2021 11:09 AM

Ditto here - fatigue, body aches, slight chill and headache which started @ night, after 2nd Moderna yesterday am. It's been a long while since I've been knocked down like this, but guess that's a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 215April 16, 2021 11:15 AM

R215 I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. Woke up at 4am with these chills and aches. I’ve never had the flu so these symptoms are new to me. Hope it doesn’t last long.

by Anonymousreply 216April 16, 2021 11:17 AM

Twenty hours after my second Pfizer shot, I started feeling tired and achy. Very minor headache and fever -- 100.1. It was all gone the next morning -- my arm wasn't even sore any more.

by Anonymousreply 217April 16, 2021 12:43 PM

My arm has been sore since about two months into this pandemic.

What? Why you looking at me?

Hey, this quarantine is tough for horny guys like me.

by Anonymousreply 218April 16, 2021 9:35 PM

After my second Pfizer shot I experienced a strange brain fog for a few days, trouble concentrating on details at work etc. That cleared up in 3 days. Otherwise I felt fine.

by Anonymousreply 219April 18, 2021 10:41 PM

I bumped my head yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 220April 18, 2021 10:58 PM

What cleared up? Your typing gibberish.

Can anyone understand what he’s trying to say?

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2021 10:58 PM

[quote]Your typing gibberish.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2021 11:04 PM

Thank you, r222! I think that’s my first.

Saw it as soon as I hit send, alas, it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2021 11:08 PM

Is it true you're only supposed to take TYLENOL if you have side effects like fever, body aches etc?

Advil is no good?

by Anonymousreply 224May 3, 2021 4:05 AM

I had my second Moderna shot on February 23rd. And I hate to admit this, but I still have random cloudy brain fog and my vision has become much much blurrier. But get the shot anyway.

by Anonymousreply 225May 3, 2021 4:42 AM

I got the 2nd Moderna Vaccine about 2 weeks ago. That night I had some chills and muscle aches like having a mild case of flu but then it was gone the next morning. My arms ached for a week and then I had itching and redness to the injection site. I applied a cold compress to my arm and it was gone.

Now less than 2 weeks later, I have a feeling of itchiness all over my body that started a few days ago. I don't have hives or a rash but the uncomfortable feeling of itchiness makes me crazy and I want to scratch myself, mostly my arms, neck, torso and legs. . If it gets worse and doesn't go away, I'll call my doctor.

by Anonymousreply 226May 3, 2021 4:43 AM

i've been fully vaccinated w/ the Pfizer vaccine. It's been about 3 weeks since my 2nd shot. I am not sick. My elderly shut-in mother has not had the vaccine yet. She has some dementia and doesn't understand the pandemic. Do you think it is safe to visit her in person? I've seen her from a distance, but would really like to visit her for mothers day.

by Anonymousreply 227May 3, 2021 11:42 AM

Then why didn't you get a Johnson and Johnson shot? Huh? That way if you have side effects you'd have been dead and we wouldn't have to listen to you bitch about it ad nauseum

by Anonymousreply 228May 3, 2021 12:17 PM

The Coronavirus Megathread 8 has been Prime Timed!

by Anonymousreply 229May 8, 2021 12:43 AM

I got my second Moderna shot yesterday at six and now feeling feverish and weak. Throughout the morning I just had soreness at the shot site and then it developed into a feeling similar to a hangover.

by Anonymousreply 230May 8, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote]Now less than 2 weeks later, I have a feeling of itchiness all over my body that started a few days ago. I don't have hives or a rash but the uncomfortable feeling of itchiness makes me crazy and I want to scratch myself, mostly my arms, neck, torso and legs. . If it gets worse and doesn't go away, I'll call my doctor.

R226 - how are things working out?

by Anonymousreply 231May 8, 2021 9:11 AM

R218 made ONE person laugh, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 232May 8, 2021 9:13 AM

R231, I am still having the pruritus but not as bad as it was last week where I was taking Benadryl every 4-6 hours. . I have been rarely allergic to anything in my life up to now which makes this so strange. My diet has been the same so it can't be something I ate. . I now have these little bumps and sores on my arms and face from scratching and my skin looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 233May 8, 2021 10:35 AM

OMG - that's no joke, R233.

wishing you a safe recover...plz. post updates when you can.

by Anonymousreply 234May 8, 2021 11:00 AM

I got the 2nd vaccine yesterday, and it's kicking my butt. I'd much rather experience some side effects from a vaccine rather than COVID itself, but I'm surprised I've experiences most of the possible side effects.

After the first shot, I experienced chills on days 2 and 3, but that was it.

I got my 2nd shot yesterday morning, and by the evening I started experiencing moderate chills. Overnight, I developed muscle soreness, joint pain, a moderate headache, a a fever and minor gastro-intestinal issues.

This morning I was able to go grocery shopping, but the chills, fatigue, and muscle soreness have kept me in bed most of the day.

It's surreal because I feel like I have a cold or the flu, without throwing up, feeling nauseaous, being congested, or having a sore throat. It's actually a fun version of the flu.

by Anonymousreply 235May 8, 2021 7:27 PM

Age 52, day three post-Moderna vaccine… feeling better, just still so tired. The side effects are no joke, but still so grateful for the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 236May 8, 2021 7:40 PM

I hope all of you are doing better and you are all very lucky,

Someone on my list on FB lives in Canada and they have to wait 4 months between 2 shots!

I didn't have much of a reaction. my body temp went up to 99.8 on the 2nd day of 2nd dose but other than that, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 237May 9, 2021 2:22 AM

I didn't have any side effects after the first Pfizer dose. I just got my second shot yesterday morning.

In the middle of the night, for maybe an hour or two, I had chills.

I hope that's it and they don't return today.

by Anonymousreply 238May 22, 2021 9:57 AM

I had my second Astrazeneca dose this week, and I feel fine.

by Anonymousreply 239May 22, 2021 10:09 AM

Got my second Pfizer vax yesterday and started feeling the flu-like side effects last night. Still icky this morning, but I’ll weather it.

by Anonymousreply 240May 22, 2021 10:14 AM

[quote] In the middle of the night, for maybe an hour or two, I had chills.

That’s probably only because I was peeking in your windows.

by Anonymousreply 241May 22, 2021 11:06 AM

Got my first Pfizer jab on thursday, and as r82 describes, I could taste the vaccine in the back of my throat. My lips and tongue went a little swollen and the area around my mouth itchy for some time after. Also have had mild fever yesterday. I fear the effects of the second dose.

by Anonymousreply 242May 22, 2021 11:50 AM

My arm is a lot sorer after the 2nd dose

by Anonymousreply 243May 22, 2021 11:59 AM

In the words of the immortal Otis Spann ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 22, 2021 12:14 PM

I will not take this shot until the human trials, currently being run on the gullible, are finished.

by Anonymousreply 245May 22, 2021 12:18 PM

I had the Modena. First shot, I had a sore arm for about three days, which is pretty normal for me with any vaccine. The main difference was I had mild diarrhea that lasted a day and I felt absolutely wiped out. I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I laid down and slept a couple of hours.

Second shot, also had a sore arm, also felt tired, and I ran a slight fever the first night. Three days later it was all gone. Really nothing happened that was unbearable or anything like that. The worst thing was being so extremely tired, and that passed pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 246May 22, 2021 12:51 PM

I'm glad all of you are doing great!

I read that cases are spiking in Asia and they have new lock down measures...

by Anonymousreply 247May 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Has anyone still felt lousy weeks after having the shot? It's been 6 weeks for me. Origiknally got a fever, aches, the usual, but was left with a lot of fatigue, that comes and goes, some arthitis-like pain, and my diabetes symptoms have flared up despite my sugars not being higher.

by Anonymousreply 248May 22, 2021 6:40 PM

r248 which shot did you get?

by Anonymousreply 249May 22, 2021 6:41 PM

Moderna

by Anonymousreply 250May 22, 2021 6:42 PM

Second shot of Pfizer is making me super tired

by Anonymousreply 251May 22, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote]Has anyone still felt lousy weeks after having the shot?

I've felt fine since two days after the shot. But four weeks later, the arm pain at the injection site came back along with the rash others have experienced ... on my arm and one leg. Only lasted for a few days. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 252May 22, 2021 7:03 PM

It's the microchip implanting itself, r252!

by Anonymousreply 253May 22, 2021 7:08 PM

I will be awaiting my instructions from Bill Gates, R253.

by Anonymousreply 254May 22, 2021 7:10 PM

R248 yes, two weeks out from Pfizer 1 and I still feel unhealthy and not ‘right’. Doubtful that I’ll get the second, if I can avoid it.

Went to hospital three days ago after heart attack symptoms (in an otherwise healthy 28-year old), where I got a rushed EKG and D-Dimer then sent on my way, told that I was fine. Well, my continuing chest tightness, breathlessness, sluggish circulation, persistent muscular cramps and constricted vascular feelings, shooting pains, joints cracking, dry sore eyes, bad taste in the mouth, dizzy spells, disturbed sleep and petechiae rash all beg to differ. I have also reported to my doctor and filled out a yellow card, but of course no one is taking it seriously (why would they?$$$$...).

My Zillennial sister isn’t well either, and still battling a crippling headache and body pains that have had her bedridden. I’ve been so terrified for her, even more than for myself. This shouldn’t happen to people in their twenties, surely?

Wish I’d been smart like R245 and waited, at least for a year after real-world data had been gathered. I had a nightmare the night before the vaccine, that I now believe was intuition telling me not to get it. It’s just a scary, sad waiting game now.

by Anonymousreply 255June 23, 2021 9:13 AM

[quote] my diabetes symptoms have flared up despite my sugars not being higher.

Your sugars?

by Anonymousreply 256June 23, 2021 9:50 AM

The level of delicacy...no idea how some of you get through a day.

by Anonymousreply 257June 23, 2021 9:56 AM

"also interesting that I keep getting timed out of this post and no others", yes R255, it's all a big conspiracy theory and Muriel is apparently in on it. Insert eyeroll.

The doctors at the hospital checked you out and decided that you're healthy. Your symptoms sound psychological and not physical. Are you a hypochondriac? By the way, you can get petechiae for many reasons, I have gotten them before from weightlifting, and I did not die.

by Anonymousreply 258June 23, 2021 10:08 AM

Fifty here (but I look 21). I had AZ. After the first shot I had 18-24 hours of mild 'flu-like symptoms. I was on leave the following day so I got up late and just puttered around the house a bit, but I could have gone to work if I had needed to. A bit of pain around the injection site and some lingering tiredness, both of which had completely gone within 2-3 days. No reaction whatsoever after the second shot, not even pain at the injection site. Four weeks later, and I'm still feeling fine.

It's worth observing that, in the UK, the Delta variant has spread like wildfire among the unvaccinated. This cohort is predominantly under 30, but the hotspots are areas where there has been a generally low vaccine uptake. As the infection spreads outward from the hotspots, into areas of high vaccination, the rate of transmission falls off sharply. The risk of reinfection in the fully-vaccinated is about 90% lower than in the unvaccinated, and of that cohort the risk of hospitalisation looks to be about 75% lower than the unvaccinated. Figures for risk of death are not yet available, but early indications are that it is about 80% lower.

A positive outcome of the Delta wave has been that vaccine aversion has dropped substantially in almost every demographic.

by Anonymousreply 259June 23, 2021 10:33 AM

In the U.S., the people not getting the vaccine at this point are QAnon conspirators. I don’t think anything is going to convince them to get it. They’re all crying and wailing because their saner family members got it, because it “means they’re going to die,” or they’re convinced they’re “shredding vaccine” and then throwing them out of the house. Sometimes even teenagers. They think Covid is “nothing, it’s just the flu,” but they think the vaccine is going to kill 100% of those who get it. They think all you have to do is be in the same room as a vaccinated person and you will become sterile, because they are”shedding vaccine” and it sterilizes anyone who comes near that person.

I wish that was true. I have never heard so many idiots who have no idea how reality works, in my entire life. Maybe when Delta spreads further in the U.S., it will carry off only the idiotic and the superstitious.

by Anonymousreply 260June 23, 2021 6:24 PM

We can thank India. Delta variant is doing Krishna's work around the world.

by Anonymousreply 261June 23, 2021 6:30 PM

I am r242, got my second jab without side effects; just a little tired for two days.

I know the vaccines are kind of experimental, but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. The economy is sinking everywhere and millions of people have succumbed to the virus. The vaccines really work. We don't know the side effects longterm, but there is no other way than to put our trust in science.

by Anonymousreply 262June 23, 2021 6:35 PM

I don't think the AZ vaccine is approved in the USA

by Anonymousreply 263June 23, 2021 6:35 PM

Benefits of coronavirus vaccine clearly outweigh the risks, CDC researchers say

From CNN's Jacqueline Howard

For every million second-dose vaccinations, there may be tens of myocarditis cases, but thousands of Covid-19 cases prevented, researchers at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told the agency's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices during a virtual meeting on Wednesday.

In other words, the benefits of mRNA Covid-19 vaccination outweigh the risks.

Among adolescent boys ages 12 to 17, for whom the risk is higher than for girls, CDC researchers estimate that for every 1 million second-dose vaccinations, 5,700 Covid-19 cases, 215 hospitalizations, 71 intensive care unit admissions and two deaths would be prevented, the data show. It's estimated there might be 56 to 69 myocarditis cases.

Such myocarditis cases have generally been mild and quick to resolve.

Among adolescent girls ages 12 to 17, CDC researchers estimate that for every 1 million doses to complete a two-dose series of vaccine, 8,500 Covid-19 cases, 183 hospitalizations, 38 intensive care unit admissions and one death would be prevented, according to data presented to ACIP. The researchers estimate there might be eight to 10 cases of myocarditis.

"In persons aged 18 to 24 years, the benefit-risk balance is more favorable," CDC researcher Dr. Megan Wallace told ACIP on Wednesday.

Among women ages 18 to 24, CDC researchers estimate that for every 1 million doses to complete a two-dose series of vaccine, 14,000 Covid-19 cases, 1,127 hospitalizations, 93 intensive care unit admissions and 13 deaths would be prevented, according to the data presented. The researchers estimate there might be four to five cases of myocarditis.

Among men ages 18 to 24, for whom the risk is higher than for women, CDC researchers estimate that for every 1 million second-dose vaccinations, 12,000 Covid-19 cases, 530 hospitalizations, 127 intensive care unit admissions and three deaths would be prevented, the data show. It's estimated there might be 45 to 56 myocarditis cases.

by Anonymousreply 264June 23, 2021 10:46 PM

I'm a nurse and I don't understand those stupid healthcare workers in Texas who refuse to get a shot and have sued the hospital. However, a high number of employees (around 2,000 and up) received the vaccine. Those 170 people were fired or resigned. The problem is that the media focuses on those idiots instead of the thousands who received the vaccine. Those idiots just want publicity and the media shouldn't give it to them.

Also, DeSantis wants the cruise lines to accept unvaccinated people in their trips and has sued both the cruise lines and CDC. I heard today that a judge ruled in his favor. WTF? Then I saw the President of the Philippines threaten those who refuse the vaccines will end up in jail. THat's the only time I wish we had that kind of system. The ignorance and idiocy of anti-vaxxers is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 265June 23, 2021 10:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!