Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Mighty Ducks: Game Changers’ reboot

Anyone gonna watch? A helicopter mom and her fat kid who isn’t funny...

Also there are seemingly no cameos from the OG Ducks players, which means Banks & Conway have not become the gay couple they should rightfully be, by now. At least Emilio has returned as Coach Bombay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 11:17 PM

“Take the fall! Act hurt! Get indignant!”

No?

by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2021 9:41 PM

I'm a sucker for underdog movies.

I also have an odd affinity for Lauren Graham.

Apparently, I'll be watching.

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2021 10:31 PM

Aaron Lohr was really sexy in the original movies. Couldn’t they have brought him back, at least?

His character seemed gay for the Elden Henson character (they were best friends, the goons on the Ducks).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2021 10:44 PM

Is it just me or does Emilio look fantastic on that still at the link? Did they digitally de-age him or something?

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2021 11:56 PM

Aren't the SJWs insisting that Emilio's character be renamed Coach MUMBAI?

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2021 1:57 AM

R4 yes, I thought the same. To be fair, he has been living a very relaxed life as a vintner for the past ten-fifteen years, so perhaps he just hasn’t had any typical everyday stresses of age. He also had very good skin to begin with.

Or maybe we’re just comparing him with his brother, who looks like a reanimated corpse.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2021 9:09 AM

The new character Logan Larue is Pretty Privilege at its finest. I love him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2021 1:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2021 1:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2021 1:30 PM

So far we’ve had a Connie & Guy cameo, which was lovely to see. Nice that they’re a forever-couple. Guy just wanted to be Connie’s house-husband all along!

Marguerite Moreau is aging well. She’s a beautiful woman, and quite talented too. Garrett(sp?) Henson grew up cute as expected.

We now anxiously and hopefully await cameos from the other OG Ducks who actually matter, I.e. Banksy, Charlie, Averman, Jesse, The Bash Brothers, Julie the Cat, and Kenny Wu.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2021 3:04 PM

^^^Guyonnie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2021 3:05 PM

It's a really cute show, the nostalgia factor is high for me personally.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2021 3:50 PM

No, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2021 4:03 PM

This show is sort of guilty pleasure for me. Most of the characters are caricatures in a hilarious way.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2021 2:14 PM

Ok, not to be a rude bitch, but is Vincent LaRusso ok? He looked really shockingly greasy and strung out and dazed and dishevelled in his cameo as Banksy. I was not expecting that.

The others looks fantastic, especially Elden Henson who is now a cute Bear.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2021 2:20 PM

The actress who played Connie hasn't aged well.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2021 2:29 PM

R16 she’s like forty-five now. She looks amazing for that.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2021 3:52 PM

Marguerite Moreau is what real, graceful aging looks like. She's a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2021 11:04 PM

I'm very surprised by how much I'm enjoying this. It feels a lot like those smart, but feel good family films from the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2021 11:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!