Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The Real World: Homecoming” Full Episode 1

It’s so nostalgic. God. I almost got emotional watching it. I felt like I was watching as a kid again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541April 29, 2021 8:21 PM

I was disappointed all episodes weren't available to bingewatch. I don't think I saw this one the first time. The one with Puck must have been my first. I'm only familiar with Eric and Norm from this group. I hope they don't go on every week about how they made history, being "the first reality show" and so forth. Bleah.

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2021 12:45 AM

yeah, i don't think i watched the first season either. i recall watching the SF episodes. i knew of some of the people from the first season (like Eric Nies and Julie), however i didn't realize that Eric and Julie got together, which was probably expected.

i also wished all episodes were available right now. i also hope that they release all the full episodes on youtube and that this wasn't just a teaser to get us to subscribe to Paramount+.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2021 1:59 AM

I think most are 50 yo or more now? Eric looks good. Huge penis!

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2021 2:03 AM

Thanks for posting, OP. I really enjoyed that episode. Do they only drop one episode a week?

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2021 2:09 AM

[quote] I almost got emotional watching it.

I actually did get emotional. People lament getting older, but it's a beautiful thing to see people come into their own and see who they become; what changes, what stays the same.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2021 2:09 AM

49 -51 i think.

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2021 2:10 AM

R4 yes I believe they’re doing it weekly.

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2021 2:12 AM

I’m glad Eric isn’t wearing his wig. He looks good.

by Anonymousreply 8March 5, 2021 2:22 AM

Julie looks the same! She's barely aged at all in 30 years. She looks amazing.

This is such a nostalgia trip, I was in high school back then and watched this show religiously. They NYC from those days is almost completely gone now.

by Anonymousreply 9March 5, 2021 4:17 AM

Wasn’t Julie 18? So she’s 47 now. She’s not that old.

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2021 4:28 AM

R9 sad. NYC in the 90s was great. Now? It’s bullshit with white kids from Ohio and Iowa.

My building is almost all transplants now.

by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2021 4:29 AM

Is Becky still moody?

by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2021 4:31 AM

Will Kevin snap and go off on Becky again?

I didn’t mind him going off on her. She was moody. But I don’t think she’s a racist. But she didn’t belong in NYC either.

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2021 4:33 AM

Julie and Kevin’s argument about race outside is such an iconic moment.

Kevin and Eric didn’t get along well either.

by Anonymousreply 14March 5, 2021 4:33 AM

r11 NYC was full of transplants back then too. Transplants drive the city and create a lot. NYC has always been a city of people from all over.

by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2021 4:54 AM

I always liked Becky, she was chill and go-with-the flow. I knew a lot of girls just like her back then in NY.

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2021 4:56 AM

R15 no. There were many but not like there are now. Look up numbers. Transplants have quadrupled since then.

Also, transplants stayed in Manhattan. Now they have taken over 3 of the 4 other boroughs, and are trying to build skyscrapers in fucking Staten Island too. It’s ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2021 4:57 AM

R16 she came off like a farmer chick playing NYer. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2021 4:57 AM

Fran Lebowitz says that when you live in NYC long enough to complain about something that isn't there anymore you're officially a New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote]Also, transplants stayed in Manhattan.

Not in the 90s, there were tons in Brooklyn and Queens.

And transplants and immigrants have always come to NYC. It's been that way for hundreds of years.

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2021 4:59 AM

Every cast member is a transplant: Andre and Norman are from Michigan, Julie from Alabama, Becky from Pennsylvania, Heather, Eric and Kevin are all from New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2021 5:05 AM

This is the crazy /NativeNYer troll who has a pathological hatred of people (read: hot white guys who will never fuck him) who move to NYC and are successful. He's a bitter pill and it's best to just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2021 5:07 AM

Andre was such a cute piece back then, would've loved to see him naked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2021 5:08 AM

Andre needs to cut his hair. It’s dragging his face down and looks witchy.

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2021 5:11 AM

Manhattan natives are people like Claire Danes, Lena Dunham and Gaby Hoffman

by Anonymousreply 25March 5, 2021 5:14 AM

Andre has Maxine Hong Kingston's hair.

by Anonymousreply 26March 5, 2021 5:18 AM

Becky was an arty chick who was all over the city back then.

by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2021 5:25 AM

Becky's songwriter boyfriend on the show, Adam Schlesinger, died of Covid

by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2021 5:27 AM

Is Andre gay? There is no mention of a wife, only a close up of his ring finger and an assertion that he only wanted the one kid. Who is super blonde and doesn't look too much like dad.

by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2021 5:28 AM

r28 holy crap. that sucks.

by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2021 5:29 AM

Andre's married - not gay

by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2021 5:29 AM

I watched the series in high school, but don't remember anyone except Puck (who was a jerk) and Pedro Z. (who died of AIDS).

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2021 5:32 AM

r31 you can be married and gay. i haven't googled, so i just didn't know if it was to a woman or man.

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2021 5:32 AM

Norm, wow. Time hasn't been kind.

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2021 5:34 AM

Andre seemed like the kind of guy who would be down for anything, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2021 5:34 AM

He’s still alive, r34.

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2021 5:46 AM

Andre and his blonde fuckdoll girlfriend spent the first reunion they had making out with each other and ignoring the rest of the cast

by Anonymousreply 37March 5, 2021 5:47 AM

I went to the same gym as Andre for years and he is as self-serious as your run-of-the-mill straight guy

by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2021 5:49 AM

As if Andre would be married to a guy and they're like, "Oh yeah, he's gay too."

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2021 6:04 AM

[quote] I think most are 50 yo or more now? Eric looks good. Huge penis!

It’s the huge penis that launched millions of gay awakenings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2021 6:04 AM

r40 as we all know (do i need to remind you) growers can be show-ers. guys can look super small and end up decent sized. however, i've never seen a fully erect Eric penis so no way of really knowing.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2021 6:11 AM

God, life sucks now.

by Anonymousreply 42March 5, 2021 6:13 AM

agreed, r42. we are caged.

by Anonymousreply 43March 5, 2021 6:50 AM

There are no fully erect penis shots of Eric. And his penis wasn’t huge while soft.

by Anonymousreply 44March 5, 2021 12:52 PM

Born and raised Brooklyn. No, there weren’t tons of transplants here in the 90s. That didn’t start until the mid 00s. When people did transplant to Brooklyn, they were usually from another country. Brooklyn white was still very ethnic (mostly Russian/Jewish/Italian/Irish) for many years. You rarely saw the WASPy types in Brooklyn.

Transplants of the past adapted to this city. This is the biggest difference. They moved here knowing what they were moving into, a giant melting pot, and they either adapted or they left. These kids today aren’t like that. They expect the city and its native people to adapt to them. Not how life works.

by Anonymousreply 45March 5, 2021 12:55 PM

I don't remember Andre being so short.

by Anonymousreply 46March 5, 2021 1:03 PM

DL never ceases to amaze me (in a negative way). Because Andre might not be married (he is) means he is gay?

Why do some of you think we are still in the 60s? Most people don’t get married anymore.

by Anonymousreply 47March 5, 2021 1:05 PM

Why is Eric not with the cast?

by Anonymousreply 48March 5, 2021 1:09 PM

He has the Rona

by Anonymousreply 49March 5, 2021 1:11 PM

I hope they do LA next.

I want to see Beth S. hang around like "a big hairy spidahh!"

Tami get more abortions.

The country pumpkin's turkey neck.

The greasy Irish leather dude.

"THAT WASN'T NOT FUNNY!"

by Anonymousreply 50March 5, 2021 1:15 PM

Can you imagine how insufferable Beth S would be if given a platform today? She'd claim she started the #metoo movement with her "No means no, baby" line 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 51March 5, 2021 1:20 PM

The LA season was boring.

by Anonymousreply 52March 5, 2021 2:13 PM

Seattle was a good season with the bipolar girl and the black (allegedly gay) guy who stole her teddy bear, threw it in the harbor and then slapped her in the face as she was leaving. LOLOLOLOL. All because she told him he was gay!

And footnote... he ended up getting arrested years later for prostitution in West Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 53March 5, 2021 2:23 PM

It would've been better without Kevin in the cast. He was a constant shit-stirrer who hated white women.

by Anonymousreply 54March 5, 2021 2:27 PM

Oh my gaw. I’m watching the shit out of this after my 11:30 meeting.

Thank you for the heads up, op!

by Anonymousreply 55March 5, 2021 2:39 PM

R45 no there were no transplants in the 90s except the entire cast

by Anonymousreply 56March 5, 2021 2:47 PM

R47 all this nonsense drivel and you're too lazy to do an internet search

by Anonymousreply 57March 5, 2021 2:48 PM

Ok, I snuck a quick peak before my meeting and I’m so ready for this midlife crisis. I love all of them for one reason or another. It’s insane to think that I started watching this show on the cusp of adolescence, at the age of 12.

Becky, Heather, Julie, and Andre have aged the best, in that order.

by Anonymousreply 58March 5, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote]there were no transplants in the 90s except the entire cast

The non-NY/NJ natives only count as transplants if they stayed in New York when the show ended. How many of them did that?

by Anonymousreply 59March 5, 2021 3:06 PM

Oh fuck off with the transplants shit. NYC has always had people who move there from elsewhere and always will.

by Anonymousreply 60March 5, 2021 3:08 PM

Becky also looks really good. They haven't yet mentioned what she's been up to in the intervening years.

by Anonymousreply 61March 5, 2021 3:08 PM

The first episode was really terrific. It was nice to see them.

by Anonymousreply 62March 5, 2021 3:11 PM

This is a recap of everything that happened in the original season one of The Real World.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 5, 2021 3:16 PM

Is the first episode the only free one?

by Anonymousreply 64March 5, 2021 3:30 PM

No one said there were no transplants. Learn to read psycho, if you’re gonna talk shit from 3 different accounts.

Stupid fucking WANNABES who don’t know who they are.

by Anonymousreply 65March 5, 2021 3:45 PM

Kevin didn’t hate white women. Him and Julie were very close the entire season, even after their argument.

Him and Becky didn’t connect, and she was in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 66March 5, 2021 3:46 PM

I thought the first episode was very well done. Look forward to more. Heather B is still the life of the party! Love her.

by Anonymousreply 67March 5, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote]Is the first episode the only free one?

I don't know, r64. I'm a subscriber to paramountplus.com (né cbs.com), and all that's available to me is the first episode. I imagine they're rolling it out one episode per week.

by Anonymousreply 68March 5, 2021 3:54 PM

Fuck off r65 no one cares about your bizarre fixation.

by Anonymousreply 69March 5, 2021 3:56 PM

Someone please post all the episodes as they come out.

by Anonymousreply 70March 5, 2021 3:57 PM

The first ep is also free on Amazon Prime. I don't have Paramount Plus and I don't know if Amazon will have the rest of the episodes for a small fee.

by Anonymousreply 71March 5, 2021 3:57 PM

Without Kevin it wouldn’t have been The Real World. He is who added some of the shows most memorable moments because he wasn’t afraid to speak his mind about what it’s like being a black man in America and call his white roommates out on their shit.

I’m sure it would be a lot more pleasant to see them all sitting around singing Kumbaya everyday, because that is what it would have been without him, but it certainly wouldn’t have taken off the way it did.

by Anonymousreply 72March 5, 2021 3:58 PM

As I recall, Eric Nies was the one who got the most attention.

by Anonymousreply 73March 5, 2021 4:02 PM

By viewers? Yes. Because he was pretty and white r73

But that is all he added to the show.

Kevin added storylines.

by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2021 4:05 PM

The only thing Eric added to TRW was that he was a hot white male model from NJ who wanted to be progressive. His only storyline on the show was his modeling, love interest, and him and Kevin were roommates who didn’t get along. Again, Kevin handed him another storyline.

by Anonymousreply 75March 5, 2021 4:11 PM

They’re all in their 50s minus Julie, who is 47.

by Anonymousreply 76March 5, 2021 4:50 PM

48, sorry. Julie is 48

by Anonymousreply 77March 5, 2021 4:55 PM

I thought the interaction between Kevin and Julie’s daughter was incredibly sweet and brought a tear to my eye. I love this reunion so far. Heather, Norm and Julie were my favorites back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 78March 5, 2021 4:56 PM

Twenty minutes in and I am loving it! Also, Becky looks insanely amazing. The bitch actually looks better now.

Ok, going back to watch.

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2021 4:58 PM

And them all crying together when they saw Eric. That made me cry.

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2021 4:59 PM

Idk how Norm was anyone’s favorite outside of him being “bi” (what he labeled himself as on the show). He was a secondary roommate at best, like Andre.

by Anonymousreply 81March 5, 2021 5:00 PM

R80 it wasn’t because of Eric, it was all of them together again for the first time in many years.

by Anonymousreply 82March 5, 2021 5:01 PM

Beth from LA had a small viewing party with Ruthie (Hawaii, season 8) and Kellyanne (Sydney, season 19).

Syrus was there too but he left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2021 5:03 PM

PS Beth, in her 50s now, also looks better now than she did back in 1993.

by Anonymousreply 84March 5, 2021 5:03 PM

Yes I know R82. It was very poignant

by Anonymousreply 85March 5, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote] Manhattan natives are people like Claire Danes, Lena Dunham and Gaby Hoffman

Lens grew up in Brooklyn and went to St. Ann's but hey, close enough.

by Anonymousreply 86March 5, 2021 5:04 PM

I used to find Kevin so handsome when he was young (still do).

Him and Norm have aged the most since then though.

by Anonymousreply 87March 5, 2021 5:04 PM

Becky could pass for 30s. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 88March 5, 2021 5:04 PM

Manhattan natives are based on what part they grew up in. Usually the ones who grow up around West Village etc. are a bit more lax and creative etc. but the ones who are growing up in Soho are different, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 89March 5, 2021 5:06 PM

I love that it’s unfiltered too, I.e., cursing allowed.

by Anonymousreply 90March 5, 2021 5:07 PM

Before this show was officially announced, it leaked that MTV teamed up with Paramount to start a reunion series of their most popular RW seasons, starting with the first, for obvious reasons.

I know they want to do one with Miami, Hawaii and Las Vegas (the shows highest rated season ever). Vegas was the only season who got a reunion show in 2007 for the shows 5 year anniversary. They wanna do another one before it’s 20th anniversary (it aired in 2002).

It’s a matter of how this one does with the public and of course if the casts are willing to all come back. They won’t do it without every cast member

by Anonymousreply 91March 5, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]PS Beth, in her 50s now, also looks better now than she did back in 1993.

She got rid of them hairy assed moles?

by Anonymousreply 92March 5, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote]he ended up getting arrested years later for prostitution in West Hollywood!

What? I hadn’t heard about this.

by Anonymousreply 93March 5, 2021 5:16 PM

Omg Irene didn’t call Stephen “gay”, she called him a faggot. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 94March 5, 2021 5:17 PM

They need to produce a Real World: New York Uncut with all of this unreleased footage.

by Anonymousreply 95March 5, 2021 5:18 PM

Any of you would have been outraged by ugly Irene calling you a faggot. And if a white gay slapped her in the mouth you would praise him. You only hold it against him because he is black.

by Anonymousreply 96March 5, 2021 5:18 PM

Irene said homosexual. Look it up

by Anonymousreply 97March 5, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote]Omg Irene didn’t call Stephen “gay”, she called him a faggot. Big difference.

She called him a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 98March 5, 2021 5:21 PM

I still love Julie! Love seeing her content with a happy family.

by Anonymousreply 99March 5, 2021 5:22 PM

I *like* Andre's hair! I think he looks sexy with it.

by Anonymousreply 100March 5, 2021 5:22 PM

I just tested up watching Julie’s daughter talking to Kevin about civil rights.... 😭

by Anonymousreply 101March 5, 2021 5:24 PM

Being called a homosexual is one of the biggest insults to a man, at least back then.

by Anonymousreply 102March 5, 2021 5:24 PM

R94 She did not. She called him a “homosexual.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 5, 2021 5:25 PM

This is going to get spicy!

Final verdict: An excellent, touching, and relevant return to the show and season that single-handedly birthed reality tv. Definitely tuning in for more.

The first episode of the original for those interested (haven’t checked to see if anybody posted it upthread):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 5, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote] "No means no, baby"

R51 I just saw that episode on CBS All Access and was dying 😂 She was so extra during that whole fiasco. It was like a really bad line reading on a soap.

by Anonymousreply 105March 5, 2021 5:34 PM

I wonder if Andre and Becky still smoke.

by Anonymousreply 106March 5, 2021 5:36 PM

Yes, MTV has had the original season up for a while.

I never watched their 1 year reunion in 1993. PS I am 33 so I was a small child, I watched the original season at 15, years later and have seen it many times since.

I knew of it though, as I remember my cousin who lived with us watching it.

When I watched the show finally (after seeing many of the other seasons that were on the air at that moment) I remember thinking the show was too Julie and Eric focused. They intentionally focused on the two youngest, hottest white people in the cast. Kevin created many storylines (without meaning to) and the one bringing up tough topics but he was always painted almost like the bad guy (black) vs. artsy white Becky or sweet naive southern Julie or handsome white Eric. Heather was painted as Julie’s sidekick, and Norm and Andre were sort of background characters.

And this was just my observation. I didn’t know the rest of the cast felt the same way about Eric and Julie being pushed as the faces of that season.

by Anonymousreply 107March 5, 2021 5:36 PM

R51 she is on The Challenge: All Stars, which will be released on Paramount Plus too.

by Anonymousreply 108March 5, 2021 5:37 PM

They focused on Julie because she was the most relatable to MTV's demographic at that time. A very young woman from a small town going to live in NYC. It was the narrative that was most relatable to the MTV demographic.

by Anonymousreply 109March 5, 2021 5:39 PM

I need to find the 1993 reunion. Never saw it.

by Anonymousreply 110March 5, 2021 5:39 PM

Sorry, I don't know why I said that twice. We need an edit button!

by Anonymousreply 111March 5, 2021 5:40 PM

I hate that I have to endure wonk eye for this, but here goes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 5, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote]Any of you would have been outraged by ugly Irene calling you a faggot. And if a white gay slapped her in the mouth you would praise him. You only hold it against him because he is black.

Well, as others pointed out she called him a "homosexual." In that time period, on television that must have really hurt him but he should have never put his hands on her. If he hadn't, years later, people would look back on it with him as the victim.

However, she has long since apologized for it, recognizing that it was wrong to do it.

[quote]The day I was leaving I asked him three times to please give it [her stuffed animal] back, and he lied and said he didn’t have it. So, as I was walking out of the house and off the show, I very calmly said to him, “I left everyone in the house a gift, and I wanted to leave one for you too. You’re right, a marriage between you and I could never work out. You know that, because you’re a homosexual, Stephen.”

[quote]Stephen has since come out of the closet; I heard he got married, and I genuinely hope he is happily married. But that does not change what a terrible thing it was to say to him, when that was not what he was putting forward on the show. It was not kind or polite, and I am not proud of it at all. In fact, it’s one of the meanest things I have ever done to another person in my life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Most small town people were too scared to move to NYC in 1992 still.

It wasn’t like now where they all flock here and think they are actual NYers.

by Anonymousreply 114March 5, 2021 5:45 PM

R109, Julie created the template for the wide-eyed, sheltered, small town innocent they would later try to cast in subsequent seasons (Cowboy Jon, Mormon Julie). I think it would be pretty hard to find someone like this nowadays -- everyone is so inter-connected by access to the internet, Youtube, social media that I think it's doubtful to find a young person who hasn't been at least virtually exposed to people from other walks of life.

by Anonymousreply 115March 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Yes, her calling him a homosexual was meant to be hurtful. She didn’t say it in a friendly way, she said it in a degrading way.

I think we forget being gay was seen as the ultimate NO NO. Actually, it still is to many unless you’re a woman. Being a lesbian is fine, but gay men are still treated like shit all over this world and looked down upon.

by Anonymousreply 116March 5, 2021 5:47 PM

Stephen was a closeted asshole. He was.

by Anonymousreply 117March 5, 2021 5:51 PM

r114 nobody cares. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 118March 5, 2021 5:53 PM

In the video at R112 at the 5:30 minute mark, the producer said they left a book of Eric’s nudes in the loft one day for them to find to create drama. Heather found it and made fun of Eric’s dick for days. To protect Eric, that footage has never aired.

by Anonymousreply 119March 5, 2021 6:03 PM

R119 yes, but this was known. Eric and Heather have mentioned that book in the past. He left a book of his modeling pics around so production left a book of his nude pictorial around.

I don’t think most of those photos have ever been seen. Only a few were ever published.

And no, he doesn’t have a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 120March 5, 2021 6:11 PM

Irene and Stephen from Seattle were both unlikeable, as was most of that cast except David and Rebekah

by Anonymousreply 121March 5, 2021 6:22 PM

Yeah, the Seattle cast was a mess.

I loved the Miami season.

by Anonymousreply 122March 5, 2021 6:24 PM

What if they get back the San Fran cast and we have Sean and his wife together again?

by Anonymousreply 123March 5, 2021 6:25 PM

If this does well, they’re doing more reunion seasons.

I can assure you that RW 10, Back to NY will be one.

It, like the original NY season, was iconic and tackled race relations etc. as well.

by Anonymousreply 124March 5, 2021 6:29 PM

If they reunite Miami, I want Nic back.

He was such a hot model!

by Anonymousreply 125March 5, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote]What if they get back the San Fran cast and we have Sean and his wife together again?

Are you talking about the Sean who was Pedro's boyfriend? He died a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 126March 5, 2021 6:33 PM

I see Kevin differently than I did during the original run. He was right about a lot.

by Anonymousreply 127March 5, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]What if they get back the San Fran cast and we have Sean and his wife together again?

Sean was on the Boston season, Rachel was San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 128March 5, 2021 6:39 PM

Yeah, me too. R127. I loved when Heather essentially said in episode 1 of the Homecoming reunion that Kevin ruffled a lot of feathers but in the end he was right. Heather always has a way of summing things up perfectly

by Anonymousreply 129March 5, 2021 6:40 PM

Yup. That’s why I defended Kevin to the person upthread who feels he should have never been cast because he hates “white women”. He hates no one, but he is gonna call you on your shit. Period.

by Anonymousreply 130March 5, 2021 6:45 PM

Kevin was right about a lot of stuff, but he unnecessarily stirred up shit when it wasn't warranted.

by Anonymousreply 131March 5, 2021 6:47 PM

I’m pretty sure they would only do a reunion show for seasons where everyone is willing to come.

Unless it’s an iconic season like San Fran, where someone died. They would bring them back in a heartbeat. Pedro was an icon. The cast would probably go on and on about him and his impact and reception from Americans.

by Anonymousreply 132March 5, 2021 6:47 PM

I know this is very MARY but I get teary eyed just thinking about Pedro even all these years later. What an absolute angel he was

by Anonymousreply 133March 5, 2021 6:49 PM

Kevin was both accurate and prescient. I’m happy he’s admitted that he was emotionally immature, though, because he was. A big reason why he was labeled angry was because of his insistence to get in people’s faces. Recently rewatching his famous exchange with Julie outside of the loft building, I realized he did get too close for comfort - and that’s not a race thing, it’s a personal space and boundaries thing. At one point, his hands and face are literally 1-3 inches from her face and body. Not cool. But his overall anger, especially with how things were back then, is understandable.

As I posted upthread, they need to do an uncut adjunct to season 1. I would love to see the footage of the roommates watching the LA riots they showed clips of in this episode. I bet they have tons of great footage that got left on the cutting room floor. Incidentally, Criterion’s edition of Paris is Burning includes nearly/over two hours of footage that was left out and they compiled it into what plays like a sequel or another film and I found it utterly enthralling.

by Anonymousreply 134March 5, 2021 6:54 PM

I always wish I could watch the many hours of unused footage these shows have.

And it’s nice to see MTV still kept all that footage and didn’t destroy it, like some do.

by Anonymousreply 135March 5, 2021 7:01 PM

I saw a thing online about Pedro not too long ago and it made me tear up. He was such a beautiful person.

by Anonymousreply 136March 5, 2021 7:04 PM

Everyone overlooks Pedro’s flaws. He was human like everyone. He had flaws. Does that mean he was bad? No. But he wasn’t perfect.

And like Danny Roberts from NOLA, they wouldn’t have gotten AIDS if they didn’t act like whores.

by Anonymousreply 137March 5, 2021 7:33 PM

New York natives are loudmouth insufferable douchebags afraid to drive a car

by Anonymousreply 138March 5, 2021 7:40 PM

At least we know who we are and don’t run away to pretend to be someone else r138

by Anonymousreply 139March 5, 2021 7:41 PM

R139 that only makes sense to you

by Anonymousreply 140March 5, 2021 7:44 PM

It makes sense. Not hard to understand what someone running away to a city to pretend to be someone other than who they really are (their roots and upbringing) means. None of you ever acknowledge where you’re ACTUALLY from.

If you moved to NYC at any point post HS, you’re nothing more than a tourist who overstayed their welcome.

by Anonymousreply 141March 5, 2021 7:46 PM

R141 Manhattan loser says what?

by Anonymousreply 142March 5, 2021 7:47 PM

Manhattan guys have the laziest bodies

by Anonymousreply 143March 5, 2021 7:48 PM

The MTV channel on PlutoTV has been marathoning The Real World for the last two days, today (March 5) they’re showing the San Francisco season.

by Anonymousreply 144March 5, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote]If you moved to NYC at any point post HS, you’re nothing more than a tourist who overstayed their welcome.

NYC is all about reinventing yourself and finding opportunities that aren't available where you grew up. People move to London, San Francisco and Los Angeles for the same reasons. A city only being for "natives" is ridiculous.

Hell, Ancient Rome was the NYC of its day. People from all over the Empire moved there.

by Anonymousreply 145March 5, 2021 7:52 PM

Rome was truly the world's first global city.

by Anonymousreply 146March 5, 2021 7:52 PM

Is Eric gay?

Never in a serious relationship, and then "married" at age 51. Divorced two years later.

I think he is gay, and in the closet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 5, 2021 7:52 PM

I hope Amazon Prime continues to run this show, I really don't want to pay for Paramount streaming.

by Anonymousreply 148March 5, 2021 7:53 PM

Kevin isn’t gay. Not everyone is gay just because they’re single.

by Anonymousreply 149March 5, 2021 7:53 PM

Has Kevin ever been married or in a relationship with a woman?

by Anonymousreply 150March 5, 2021 7:53 PM

Again, if you moved here in adulthood (or any of those other cities) you’re just a TOURIST who is overstaying their welcome.

Someone who moves here in adulthood will never have the same experiences as someone who grew up here. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 151March 5, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote]Someone who moves here in adulthood will never have the same experiences as someone who grew up here. Ever.

So fucking what?

I love Fran Lebowitz's explanation that as soon as you live in NYC long enough to complain about something that isn't there anymore, you are officially a New Yorker. Fran herself grew up in New Jersey but she's the quintessential old-school New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 152March 5, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote]Again, if you moved here in adulthood (or any of those other cities) you’re just a TOURIST who is overstaying their welcome.

You're a fucking idiot, or possibly insane.

by Anonymousreply 153March 5, 2021 7:57 PM

R147 I always thought Andre was gay.

by Anonymousreply 154March 5, 2021 8:01 PM

R151 Oh shut the fuck up slready.

by Anonymousreply 155March 5, 2021 8:02 PM

[quote]I hope Amazon Prime continues to run this show, I really don't want to pay for Paramount streaming.

Why would Paramount continue to give it away for free?

by Anonymousreply 156March 5, 2021 8:03 PM

I always found season 1 boring compared to SF, Boston, Seattle, Miami, LV, but I'll watch this. Funny we actually see Andre this time around, he was NEVER there when it originally aired. So Becky was together with the Fountains of Wayne guy that died of COVID, that's sad.

I would be willing to watch Eric Nies in the Grind if anyone wants to post it. He was a hot young thing.

by Anonymousreply 157March 5, 2021 8:04 PM

R155 you’re lying. Hi posting history.

R152 a transplant would say that. In reality you’re a lost man who doesn’t know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 158March 5, 2021 8:04 PM

The Grind was lame. His body was the only reason to watch.

by Anonymousreply 159March 5, 2021 8:05 PM

R158 Excuse me? Please do point to where in my posting history I contradict myself.

I grew up on Grand Concourse, cunt. You’re probably from Hoboken.

by Anonymousreply 160March 5, 2021 8:06 PM

[quote] a transplant would say that. In reality you’re a lost man who doesn’t know who you are.

The life I live in NYC is one that your bitter fat chulo ass could only dream of, . Now go back to stalking white boys on Tiktok.

by Anonymousreply 161March 5, 2021 8:09 PM

r159 I didn't need another reason, I wasn't doing the workouts!

by Anonymousreply 162March 5, 2021 8:10 PM

And P.S. I lived and thrived in the war zone that was the Bronx in the 80s and 90s, which is something you could never handle, toots, R158.

Talk about [italic]real[/italic] New York. Get your Hoboken ass out of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 163March 5, 2021 8:12 PM

You bitches are so lazy - always expecting to be served on a silver platter - but I love you so I’ll oblige.

R157 Here you go Miss Thang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 5, 2021 8:14 PM

People who boast about being native Californians or New Yorkers are never the people you want to know anything more about

by Anonymousreply 165March 5, 2021 8:15 PM

I’m so watching this when I get home. Eric pulling out the “modern shamanism” teas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 5, 2021 8:15 PM

Thank you r164, let me get myself a cool drink!

by Anonymousreply 167March 5, 2021 8:16 PM

R165 No, you’re thinking about the people from whence yo funky ass originates.

by Anonymousreply 168March 5, 2021 8:17 PM

R166 are you working the streets?

by Anonymousreply 169March 5, 2021 8:17 PM

R168 No I'm thinking of people like you

by Anonymousreply 170March 5, 2021 8:18 PM

R169 The street, that’s like your home address, right?

by Anonymousreply 171March 5, 2021 8:19 PM

Eric seems to be a more rounded and smarter person than he was back then.

by Anonymousreply 172March 5, 2021 8:19 PM

thanks again to r164, for you bitches that don't have all day, Eric is shirtless at 24:21

by Anonymousreply 173March 5, 2021 8:20 PM

R137 - what flaws did Pedro have? Getting HIV? I don't remember him having any flaws.

by Anonymousreply 174March 5, 2021 8:20 PM

The Fat Burning Grooves with Eric and Ms. Moreno.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 5, 2021 8:22 PM

I had no attraction to Kevin at all the first time around and thought he was annoying. But now I think he's sexier and would probably end up hooking up with him if I were Norman and sharing a room with him

by Anonymousreply 176March 5, 2021 8:24 PM

Eric was lame in everything he did for MTV. Camera fucking and hamboning it the entire time. Even when he said on the RW about Kevin, "I hate him so bad right now" he was looking at the camera basically saying with his eyes, "did you get that camera guy?"

LAME AND CORNY!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 177March 5, 2021 8:31 PM

r176, you like big guys? He's 30 to 40 lbs heavier?

by Anonymousreply 178March 5, 2021 8:32 PM

R178 yes

by Anonymousreply 179March 5, 2021 8:37 PM

I’m in a NYC FB group and natives post questions and will say “only comment if you’re a native or grew up here since young NO TRANSPLANTS” all the time, and it gets tons of likes and love, sometimes a few thousand.

So that attitude is hardly exclusive to here. It’s becoming more and more common these days. In LA too.

by Anonymousreply 180March 5, 2021 8:44 PM

I’m tracing my cunt’s labia with a stick of lipgloss while watching Eric grind.

by Anonymousreply 181March 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Thank you r144 for the heads up about Pluto TV showing the Real World! Still on SF hoping they will air was it seattle next?

by Anonymousreply 182March 5, 2021 8:58 PM

The New York episodes with the original music replaced by soundalike tracks loses some of its nostalgic appeal

by Anonymousreply 183March 5, 2021 9:16 PM

The soundtrax have not been replaced.

by Anonymousreply 184March 5, 2021 9:25 PM

R184 check it again

by Anonymousreply 185March 5, 2021 9:27 PM

The original music for the first season only airs on MTV. CBS All Access airs the syndicated version with generic tracks.

by Anonymousreply 186March 5, 2021 9:29 PM

R185 / R186 I’ve been watching on CBS All Access. To be honest, I didn’t notice the music with the first season but season two and three have the original music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 5, 2021 9:37 PM

Of course ATTENTION WHORE Andy Cohen is on the scene...I cannot wait until Andy brings out Anderson and Kelly so they can gossip about these Real World Losers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 5, 2021 9:42 PM

[quote]I’m in a NYC FB group and natives post questions and will say .....

Goodness! How long are you all going to go on about this! Don't answer that.

[quote]Eric was lame in everything he did for MTV.

I won't lie, I did love "The Grind" as a teenager.

[quote]If they reunite Miami, I want Nic back.

New Orleans would have a great reunion, no doubt. I think many people remember that season as the "fun" one. Melissa still stands out as one of the most hilarious cast members in history.

by Anonymousreply 189March 5, 2021 9:47 PM

one thing that was weird is that almost the entire episode (except for the interviews) Kevin was wearing that heavy ass puffy winter jacket. indoors. which is undoubtedly heated.

by Anonymousreply 190March 5, 2021 10:13 PM

R182, London is next, the first episode starts at 6:30PM EST.

by Anonymousreply 191March 5, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote]I’m in a NYC FB group and natives post questions and will say “only comment if you’re a native or grew up here since young NO TRANSPLANTS” all the time, and it gets tons of likes and love, sometimes a few thousand.

[quote]So that attitude is hardly exclusive to here. It’s becoming more and more common these days. In LA too.

It's lovely that Facebook is reaching out to retarded individuals.

by Anonymousreply 192March 5, 2021 10:19 PM

That Shamanism interview with Eric is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 193March 5, 2021 10:21 PM

R172 idk... maybe because HE IS 49 NOW AND NOT 20 ANYMORE?!!!!?

by Anonymousreply 194March 5, 2021 10:25 PM

R174 everyone has flaws

by Anonymousreply 195March 5, 2021 10:26 PM

R138 Why would you drive a car in New York? You type suburban.

by Anonymousreply 196March 5, 2021 10:31 PM

Once again, Kevin has everyone speaking about actual topics and issues and drama etc. while Eric has people discussing his body and face.

by Anonymousreply 197March 5, 2021 10:31 PM

Dying to see if they cover what happened with the Kevin/Julie/candlestick scene.

by Anonymousreply 198March 5, 2021 10:32 PM

r197 most white people view this show as entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 199March 5, 2021 10:33 PM

It’s a bit shocking, too. I was expecting something completely different. Really deep and moving.

by Anonymousreply 200March 5, 2021 10:34 PM

Im watching r191 -Neil swoon! The nascar kid’s family is the pre-cursor to Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 201March 5, 2021 10:39 PM

Oh, god I remember them. White trash with money.

by Anonymousreply 202March 5, 2021 10:40 PM

R199 don’t speak for white people.

Millions take rave relations and activism seriously. Not everyone is like you.

by Anonymousreply 203March 5, 2021 10:59 PM

Becky looks much better now. I thought she had a rather generic face in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 204March 5, 2021 11:02 PM

R196 Nope, no cars in New York

by Anonymousreply 205March 5, 2021 11:06 PM

Heather is still the most, and I love her to death.

I wish I had her energy.

by Anonymousreply 206March 5, 2021 11:17 PM

[quote] What if they get back the San Fran cast and we have Sean and his wife together again?

The couple met on a Challenge season.

by Anonymousreply 207March 5, 2021 11:28 PM

They actually were gonna do Hawaii next but Amaya tweeted about it so they canned it.

by Anonymousreply 208March 5, 2021 11:35 PM

lol the same Eric who several years ago swore off hollywood and MTV saying they used and took advantage of him

now he's come crawling back for that last bit of fame

by Anonymousreply 209March 5, 2021 11:37 PM

r208 bummer! Hawaii was a drama-filled soap opera of a season. Amaya was the queen of drama! That season, SF and Las Vegas with Trashelle would all be ones i want to see.

by Anonymousreply 210March 5, 2021 11:40 PM

Eric has been bitter for years because his manager (or someone he trusted) stole all the money he earned. This happened during the 00s.

He earned almost $1 million and all of it for nothing in the end. After that he was never the same.

by Anonymousreply 211March 5, 2021 11:42 PM

R210 Vegas is a shoe-in. That’s their most acknowledged and highest rated season ever. Yes, that cast is more known than even the original cast by most people.

Vegas was the first (and only) RW season to be given a reunion season until now. For their 5 year anniversary MTV brought them back to their suite in the Casino for 2 weeks because that season was such a hit (and considered the season that changed RW forever).

Trishelle already said if they asked she would do it. She loves her cast mates, and even though they go long periods of time without speaking and don’t always like each other, they love each other like family.

by Anonymousreply 212March 5, 2021 11:47 PM

R211 He’s not bitter at all and he talks about having $250,000 stolen from him during a drug-fueled traumatic night in the shamanism minidoc I posted above.

by Anonymousreply 213March 5, 2021 11:47 PM

R212 I never even saw Vegas. Is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 214March 5, 2021 11:48 PM

For me, Las Vegas was the beginning of the end for RW. Trishelle appeared on the New Orleans MAFS, as somehow the friend of the blandest person I've ever seen on reality TV.

by Anonymousreply 215March 5, 2021 11:53 PM

R212 it was the birth of new age Real World.

That was the season where the show went from 7 strangers living together and learning/dealing with real world issues to 7 young hot people living together and hooking up.

It’s one of the most FUN seasons. But it’s the opposite of what the show originally was, and the first season to be this way.

Below is the wiki for their Reunion show from 2007.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 5, 2021 11:54 PM

Trishelle is now a housewife to a wealthy man and a NOLA socialite.

by Anonymousreply 217March 5, 2021 11:55 PM

Vegas was the season that turned RW into trashy reality tv. All seasons before it were legit social experiments. That season was all about drinking and fucking and fighting.

I rewatched it last month. It’s a lot of fun though.

After that season you could see the casts trying to one up the Vegas season and beat it, but no one ever did in ratings at least. During season 19 two of the cast members even have a pregnancy scare, and it plays out just how it did on Vegas.

They were literally stealing from Vegas.

It was with Brooklyn (RW 20) that the show went “Back to Basics” and it became about real issues again.

by Anonymousreply 218March 6, 2021 12:00 AM

MAFS? Fuck. You should spell that one out. Trishelle is the biggest pig wtf. She was on the Surreal Life as well. Probably some porns...

by Anonymousreply 219March 6, 2021 12:09 AM

Trishelle is a married woman now r219

She posted a throwback of her wedding for their 4 Year Anniversary, 2 days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 6, 2021 12:15 AM

Trishelle’s hubby has a great butt.

She tweeted something recently that had many feeling she implied she married him for his money lmao (even though it was her saying she let her husband know she would leave him if he even considered voting Trump again). But the last part made people feel she only cares about his money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 6, 2021 12:18 AM

Las Vegas started the show being slutty but Paris and San Diego afterwards weren’t so skanky. 03/04?

by Anonymousreply 222March 6, 2021 12:19 AM

She does NOT look good with blonde hair. it makes her sharpish nose stand out in my opinion. However i'll give her some credit for not being a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 223March 6, 2021 12:20 AM

I don’t care what Trishelle is up to these days.

by Anonymousreply 224March 6, 2021 12:20 AM

Trishelle, starting at 3:31, meeting her very awkward friend's new wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 6, 2021 12:21 AM

Trishelle was such a soft spoken young woman when she did Vegas. She was lowkey manipulative and loved boys. But she was cast as the Julie of her cast. She was also from a small town in Louisiana and actually applied for RW because she wanted to meet different types of people and learn about them vs. back home where everyone was small minded and white.

She’s surprisingly super liberal now.

by Anonymousreply 226March 6, 2021 12:31 AM

i agree with a post above, RWLV is the progenitor of the trashy reality tv so many love today. it was a constant fuck-athon.

by Anonymousreply 227March 6, 2021 12:38 AM

When Julie talked about how she tried to make a career for herself after the series shows the marked difference between how reality stars now can extend their fame. Now reality show participants just springboard to other reality shows or do branding.

by Anonymousreply 228March 6, 2021 12:39 AM

R228 yeah, social media helps them too. They can get paid to post ads on social media and all.

by Anonymousreply 229March 6, 2021 12:42 AM

To be fair, RWLV had a few minutes of real issues in between all the partying, fucking and fighting. I remember the episode where Arissa is concerned Trishelle may have an eating disorder. And there was the episode Steven’s gay bestie comes to visit and Alton is standoffish because he’s a massive homophobe. You later learn he has bad feelings toward gay men because he was molested by a gay man when he was a kid, and Brynn tells him he shouldn’t blame all gay men for what that one did and tells him how she was raped by a black man when she was younger and doesn’t blame all black men for her rape.

I think that’s all the social issues I remember. Everything else was trashy TV.

by Anonymousreply 230March 6, 2021 12:46 AM

Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 231March 6, 2021 12:53 AM

This thread died with the first mention of Trishelle

by Anonymousreply 232March 6, 2021 12:56 AM

I’m sure Altons fears of gay men weren’t helped when a gay man walked up to him and literally groped him while they were out partying.

Gay men, it’s not ok to just grope people.

by Anonymousreply 233March 6, 2021 12:58 AM

R233 STFU

by Anonymousreply 234March 6, 2021 1:00 AM

R234 = The Groper

by Anonymousreply 235March 6, 2021 1:01 AM

Why does Becky get mad she’s known for being privileged? Sis was running around NYC in the 90s doing random shows and partying while her family was paying her rent

by Anonymousreply 236March 6, 2021 1:07 AM

Eric was a mess. Glad he’s doing well.

I met him in 2001.

by Anonymousreply 237March 6, 2021 1:16 AM

Wow. Who the fuck did Norman Korpi eat? He’s a big fat person now. She’s eating her feelings and, from all appearances, she feels A LOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 6, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote]Why does Becky get mad she’s known for being privileged? Sis was running around NYC in the 90s doing random shows and partying while her family was paying her rent

That's not at all unusual in NYC. It happened back then and it's happening now.

by Anonymousreply 239March 6, 2021 1:32 AM

They’re called TRANSPLANTS R239

They aren’t NYers.

PS that doesn’t change the fact he had right to get mad. It’s frustrating when you bust your ass day in and day out to get by, and did everything right (he graduated from a University with great grades) and still struggle daily as a black man but you see a Becky, white transplant, wandering around while daddy pays their bills.

by Anonymousreply 240March 6, 2021 1:45 AM

STFU r240. Nobody shares your fixation on transplants. NYC attracts people from all over the world. Many have money. They've always come to NYC. They always will. Suck it up, chulo.

by Anonymousreply 241March 6, 2021 1:53 AM

r240 i think anyone, black or white, can say it's frustrating to watch other people skate through life on family money while the rest of us plebes has to earn our money and our keep the good old fashioned way. i would agree, however, there is an extra added layer for POC as they are often targets of LEO and unfairly targeted/treated.

by Anonymousreply 242March 6, 2021 1:54 AM

Lots of native NYers are wealthy, of course. And they're buying apartments paid for by family money. It's been that way since the Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 243March 6, 2021 1:55 AM

R240 part of the issue was she was always speaking about walking in others shoes and sort of dismissing Kevin’s experience vs hers when she is a white woman who has dad paying for everything. She has no right to lecture him on life.

I know someone just like her, but a male and a Chicago native.

He is born into wealth, and a family business. It took him 6 years to get his Bachelors because he kept flunking. Why?? He never took it serious because he knew he never needed to work a real day in his life.

When he finally graduated his father bought him a fucking house as a gift. A house! A beautiful big White House in a Chicago suburb. His Grandpa bought him a car.

Cool.

The issue was he was always trashing everyone and anyone else, and the first person to say you need to “work hard” to have nice things. I work my ass off for what I have but that piece of shit who had everything handed to him has the nerve to say I don’t have a house like his etc. because I don’t work hard enough?!

And he was always giving life advice to people.

I had to cut him off after I went off on him one night. I couldn’t take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 244March 6, 2021 1:59 AM

From my experience, a lot of native New Yorkers are best avoided.

by Anonymousreply 245March 6, 2021 1:59 AM

r244 maybe you're just a whiny loser bitch and your friend was fucking with you because you were getting on his nerves.

by Anonymousreply 246March 6, 2021 2:01 AM

R246 wants to be cool so bad. You’re failing at it though. R244 those are the worst type of people.

by Anonymousreply 247March 6, 2021 2:03 AM

R245 Absolutely. Particularly the loudmouths from outside Manhattan. You mean you’ve lived here, always, and haven’t found a way to buy an apartment in the city?

by Anonymousreply 248March 6, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote]Absolutely. Particularly the loudmouths from outside Manhattan.

The "ethnic types," as grandmother used to say.

by Anonymousreply 249March 6, 2021 2:09 AM

Apparently Andy Cohen is going to make a series out of digging up old reality stars...And is STILL trying to make "Housewives of Miami" a thing---this time "exclusively" for the unwatchable Peacock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250March 6, 2021 2:21 AM

I want to see how Amaya and Ruthie turned out.

by Anonymousreply 251March 6, 2021 2:21 AM

R251 Ruthie was with Beth last night watching this.

They are both gonna be on the Challenge All Stars for Paramount.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 6, 2021 2:24 AM

Las Vegas began the downward spiral but as a season it really was one of the best. I was hooked but it did begin the tryhard trend that destroyed the appeal of the show.

Before that I also loved Hawaii and New Orleans and Chicago to a degree.

After Las Vegas, I don’t remember much though even though I’m sure I watched two more seasons. I mainly remember The Challenge after. The Challenge totally replaced Real World for me.

by Anonymousreply 253March 6, 2021 2:25 AM

Vegas is my fav season. But it certainly was the season that changed that franchise.

But it’s the most fun to watch. It’s a blast. Never a dull moment. Not once. And the only cast I can think of where every cast member was prominent and provided moments. There is always 1 or 2 who fall into the background because they are so normal or boring or just quiet, but with Vegas every single cast member was providing entertainment at some point.

by Anonymousreply 254March 6, 2021 2:31 AM

R253 I loved Chicago when it aired but never saw it again after.

It’s my sisters fav season.

Danny Roberts said he won’t do a Reunion show for NOLA if they ask him.

by Anonymousreply 255March 6, 2021 2:32 AM

R255 He was traumatized by the experience, even stating that he developed PTSD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256March 6, 2021 2:34 AM

R255 I bet he’d do it for a lifetime supply of Epivir (and poppers).

by Anonymousreply 257March 6, 2021 2:36 AM

Yeah r256

He said most of his cast won’t. He knows for a fact Melissa wants nothing to do with the show and David also. David also is living a private life and changed his name.

by Anonymousreply 258March 6, 2021 2:37 AM

WTF. Why was the NOLA cast so dramatic about being on the show?

by Anonymousreply 259March 6, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] If they reunite Miami, I want Nic back. He was such a hot model!

Which one was Nic? I don’t remember a male model on that season.

by Anonymousreply 260March 6, 2021 2:41 AM

Kevin was never wrong in what he said, he just went about it the wrong way. He seems to have grown a lot, and has the maturity to handle the issues he was dealing with while younger.

He has openly spoken about how hard it was for him back then, not only because he was always getting stopped by police etc. but he worked his ass off for his degree and to get good grades, he was intelligent and hard working, but most places wouldn’t hire him in NYC.

He would apply for a jobs and when he would show up, they would see him and sometimes turn him down on the spot. He said back then some employers would straight up tell you they don’t hire black people. Insane.

They couldn’t do that now.

But he was dealing with a lot.

by Anonymousreply 261March 6, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote] Danny Roberts said he won’t do a Reunion show for NOLA if they ask him.

Can someone with AIDS even be on the show? And wouldn’t other cast members be uncomfortable living other someone like that? Especially during COVID.

by Anonymousreply 262March 6, 2021 2:43 AM

They probably would only reunite Miami if they all agreed to do it.

I’m sure they know part of the allure is having all 7 cast members back again.

With someone missing it’s not the same.

by Anonymousreply 263March 6, 2021 2:43 AM

NOLA was the last season I watched faithfully and loved.

They have all of the eps on YouTube with original musix. I watched it a few weeks ago and was instantly hooked. It is tame by today’s standards though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 6, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote] I’m sure they know part of the allure is having all 7 cast members back again. With someone missing it’s not the same.

So they can’t do San Fran then.

by Anonymousreply 265March 6, 2021 2:46 AM

Kevin was also a teacher and journalist. Most magazines and papers wouldn’t hire a black journalist. Like he said to Eric, white people think the only thing black men are good for is sports or music. They don’t want/need a black man writing.

And if Kevin was dealing with that in 1992, NYC, imagine black men in many other places. Then people wonder why affirmative action started.

by Anonymousreply 266March 6, 2021 2:47 AM

R265 that’s different. Pedro is dead.

by Anonymousreply 267March 6, 2021 2:47 AM

Of course they know part of the allure is having all 7 cast members. That’s why they still found a way to have Eric on despite him having Covid and not being able to live in the house.

by Anonymousreply 268March 6, 2021 2:48 AM

They should do a San Diego one with Brad with Eight Inches, Randy, Jamie Chung, Frankie, Cameron, and Robin.

by Anonymousreply 269March 6, 2021 2:49 AM

Wait, Eric wasn’t living with them? Was he on Zoom? This isn’t a true reunion then.

by Anonymousreply 270March 6, 2021 2:50 AM

R269 Frankie is dead.

Brad has a big dick. I’ve seen it.

by Anonymousreply 271March 6, 2021 2:50 AM

No love for RW Seattle with the David drama? "IT KILLS ME! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 272March 6, 2021 2:52 AM

Eric was on Zoom because he had the Covid.

by Anonymousreply 273March 6, 2021 2:53 AM

r271 wasn't she the person who coined the phrase "i told you i was hardcore!"?

by Anonymousreply 274March 6, 2021 2:54 AM

They should have delayed and waited until he was clear of COVID so they could all be together in person. So how does the Zoom thing work? Is he on Zoom 24/7 with the roommates or does he call in every day? Wouldn’t you miss out on a lot of the house dynamics only calling in once a day?

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2021 2:58 AM

R275 the episode is right there. Watch it lol

by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2021 2:59 AM

Found the vid of David & Kira's huge argument

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 6, 2021 3:00 AM

They were already in NYC Quarantined when they found out he had Covid r275. They aren’t gonna send everyone back home to do it all over again.

Plus I’m pretty sure that loft is owned and they paid to be able to film for the week

by Anonymousreply 278March 6, 2021 3:03 AM

all glocks down!

by Anonymousreply 279March 6, 2021 3:11 AM

Yeah. It’s not like they sent Eric home. They kept him in a hotel here, separate so production would have him zoom when he needed to.

But he will miss everything else.

by Anonymousreply 280March 6, 2021 3:15 AM

they are prob testing him every day so at some point he can join them.

by Anonymousreply 281March 6, 2021 3:18 AM

They only filmed for 1 week I believe.

I doubt he will make it into the loft

by Anonymousreply 282March 6, 2021 3:19 AM

How many episodes are they producing, r282?

by Anonymousreply 283March 6, 2021 3:21 AM

Yikes, no, too self congratulatory. Give me Norm's "Wedding Video" movie anytime instead (it's really fun actually).

by Anonymousreply 284March 6, 2021 3:28 AM

R272 I loved Seattle too.

by Anonymousreply 285March 6, 2021 3:38 AM

R283 Six.

by Anonymousreply 286March 6, 2021 3:39 AM

No one moves to New York to hang with the natives

by Anonymousreply 287March 6, 2021 3:49 AM

Did they say Kevin is on CNN? I’ve never seen him.

by Anonymousreply 288March 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Gotta admit Gen X women on the show aging well, maybe representative of Gen X aging better than previous generations. First generation to really use sunscreen and good skincare.

by Anonymousreply 289March 6, 2021 4:00 AM

R288 he writes. He’s not on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 290March 6, 2021 4:02 AM

I love Heather. She's so fucking real, it's great. She has a wonderful ability to break down any situation to the whole truth.

by Anonymousreply 291March 6, 2021 4:08 AM

i think the concept of re-visiting the cast 20+ years later is great. we need to see how things panned out, for better or for worse. you hooked us on this shit and we want to know what happened. we wanted to see things from a different perspective (although some things were completely set up i.e. the jobs). i hope this series continues.

by Anonymousreply 292March 6, 2021 4:36 AM

[quote]They should have delayed and waited until he was clear of COVID so they could all be together in person. So how does the Zoom thing work? Is he on Zoom 24/7 with the roommates or does he call in every day?

Sounded like it happened last minute when they were doing interviews about the production. So there wouldn't have been much time to postpone it. Also these people are all in their 50s (except for Julie who is a couple of years shy), many with lives in other states, jobs and families. If they cleared that time off to do the show, the show knows damn well they can't ask them to shift all of it. They'd have no problem doing that to people in their 20s when your life can be a bit more malleable.

He said he's in a hotel in another part of town. Looks like, from the previews, the cast walks past and waves at him while stands on the balcony and waves back and dances.

by Anonymousreply 293March 6, 2021 5:42 AM

I want Eric inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 294March 6, 2021 5:46 AM

New York is NOTHING without transplants

by Anonymousreply 295March 6, 2021 5:48 AM

"I had a great time in New York, but really was hoping to meet more natives."

by Anonymousreply 296March 6, 2021 5:57 AM

R296 aka psycho. Keep on crying. We ARE New York. You aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 297March 6, 2021 12:13 PM

Being born in NY is not a personality trait

by Anonymousreply 298March 6, 2021 12:46 PM

It’s a way of life. We are NYC. What are you r298?

by Anonymousreply 299March 6, 2021 12:59 PM

r299 Oh, please, . If you were NYC, no one would go there for a minute. Not even a New York minute.

by Anonymousreply 300March 6, 2021 1:03 PM

R300 I am. My family has been here for generations. And you?

by Anonymousreply 301March 6, 2021 1:05 PM

Maybe it’s a way of life for other NYers who are out there making shit happen - you, in the other hand, seem to spend all your time trolling social media and furiously switching between your various accounts. Some NYC life you have, you might as well live in the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 302March 6, 2021 1:11 PM

Thank you for posting R83.

Beth S looks great and it was great seeing her and Ruthie. I'm unfamiliar with Kellyanne. I believe I stopped watching RW after New Orleans.

by Anonymousreply 303March 6, 2021 1:38 PM

Are you kidding me, R275? These people are now grown-ass people with families and jobs to return to. Congrats on the producers for thinking outside the box and including Eric anyway.

by Anonymousreply 304March 6, 2021 1:50 PM

Who is Brad With Eight Inches?

How do we KNOW Brad has Eight Inches?

by Anonymousreply 305March 6, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote]Oh, please, . If you were NYC, no one would go there for a minute. Not even a New York minute.

Nobody goes to NYC so they can hang with fat, porn-addicted chulos.

by Anonymousreply 306March 6, 2021 2:06 PM

R306 It ain’t no fucking chulo, I can tell you that.

by Anonymousreply 307March 6, 2021 2:40 PM

I thought a chulo was a cinnamon-and-honey based snack/dessert.

by Anonymousreply 308March 6, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote] fat, porn-addicted chub

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 309March 6, 2021 3:07 PM

Why are you replying to yourself?

Anyway, I am happy they found a way to include Eric also.

I wanna see that 1993 reunion

by Anonymousreply 310March 6, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote] I thought a chulo was a cinnamon-and-honey based snack/dessert.

R308 That’s what a chulo should be... 😂

by Anonymousreply 311March 6, 2021 3:26 PM

They should try and get the Austin cast together again. They have such odd relationships with each other now.

by Anonymousreply 312March 6, 2021 3:45 PM

Apparently Andre and Becky have been supporting themselves as "musicians" for the past 30 years. How is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 313March 6, 2021 4:55 PM

R313 privileged. Kevin isn’t lying.

by Anonymousreply 314March 6, 2021 5:02 PM

R297 Thinks living in New York is so rare and experienced by so few

by Anonymousreply 315March 6, 2021 5:06 PM

Living in New York has been GREAT this past year, huh?

by Anonymousreply 316March 6, 2021 5:08 PM

R301 generations of ghetto losers

by Anonymousreply 317March 6, 2021 5:10 PM

Is Eric still coasting on his looks?

by Anonymousreply 318March 6, 2021 5:10 PM

Also, I loved the selective clips that made Kevin look like a randomly crazy radical. The whole show was designed to create drama. Look through all the RW and RR casts for:

1. At least one attractive white male and female 2. A gay guy 3. One "innocent" from the rural boonies 4. One angry-ish minority 5. One asshole 6. One anarchist/fuck everyone type

by Anonymousreply 319March 6, 2021 5:17 PM

R314 and Heather?

by Anonymousreply 320March 6, 2021 5:20 PM

I don't think Becky and Andre came from money. They were both from middle class backgrounds, I believe. Andre maybe even lower middle class.

by Anonymousreply 321March 6, 2021 5:22 PM

Andre works at a music publishing company

by Anonymousreply 322March 6, 2021 5:30 PM

R319 not every season had a gay.

Season 10, Back to NY didn’t.

Season 12, Vegas didn’t.

Season 15, Austin didn’t.

And the minorities aren’t always “angry”.

by Anonymousreply 323March 6, 2021 5:30 PM

I went to Becky’s website and she is promoting her new album that she says she created with the ghost of John Lennon; apparently, they’ve collaborated for years.

by Anonymousreply 324March 6, 2021 5:39 PM

'The Real World Homecoming: New York' Is an Uncomfortable Reminder that Fans of the Original Are Old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 6, 2021 6:11 PM

The amount of hard alcohol that Heather brought is sadly revealing

by Anonymousreply 326March 6, 2021 6:29 PM

Is Heather a drunk?

by Anonymousreply 327March 6, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]'The Real World Homecoming: New York' Is an Uncomfortable Reminder that Fans of the Original Are Old

And we are very much aware of it

by Anonymousreply 328March 6, 2021 6:41 PM

No. Heather brought it so they can all get drunk together like the old times, and since they can’t go out (Rona has everything shut down) she brought the alcohol

by Anonymousreply 329March 6, 2021 6:42 PM

I think what MTV maybe didn't realize is that - for younger viewers - the preview of how to live your life balancing a job, roommates, relationships, bills, etc... THAT was fascinating stuff! Because no one teachers you ANY of that.

If The Real World had stayed a true, hands-off documentary style, it would have been incredible. Instead, they practically locked those kids in the house in the later seasons and just fed them alcohol to keep the drama going.

by Anonymousreply 330March 6, 2021 6:49 PM

R324 What a retarded article. We should all be sad and uncomfortable about having to acknowledge a reality that most of us - those who are fortunate - will experience: growing older and, eventually, old. I have no patience for that kind of mindset and I’m still in my 30s. Truly stunted, regressive, and damaging.

Also, the writer fangirling over Survivor and calling it “more or less the original reality competition series,” is both eyeroll inducing and inaccurate. Road Rules was the original reality competition series and premiered half-a-decade before the aforementioned.

by Anonymousreply 331March 6, 2021 6:52 PM

Let us remember that TRW indirectly begat Daria. Tracey Grandstaff was supposed to be in the cast, but was replaced by Becky at the last second.

Heather B said one of the wisest things about reality TV that I've ever heard. On the first reunion, which united NY, LA, and SF (with guest appearance by London), Tami did the first invocation of the trope that she was made to look a certain way because of the producers editing. Heather looked her straight in the and said "They worked with what you gave them."

Andre needs to cut his hair. He'd be really good-looking if he was better groomed.

by Anonymousreply 332March 6, 2021 7:20 PM

Men look much better - and younger - with short hair.

by Anonymousreply 333March 6, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote] They should try and get the Austin cast together again. They have such odd relationships with each other now.

What are the odd relationships?

by Anonymousreply 334March 6, 2021 8:14 PM

R334 Wes and Johanna dated for a few years after the show and had a bad breakup. On one of the Challenge seasons she even threatens to take away his house, which is under her name. They don’t speak at all now.

Nehemiah and Danny don’t follow each other on social media and don’t speak. Nehemiah doesn’t know why Danny doesnt have a relationship with him but does everyone else in the cast, thinks it may be because he is black. Danny didn’t even invite him to his wedding to his most recent wife. The others were invited.

Danny and Melinda got married after the show and within 2 years got divorced. They have no relationship now and she seems to hate him. It didn’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 335March 6, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote]Let us remember that TRW indirectly begat Daria. Tracey Grandstaff was supposed to be in the cast, but was replaced by Becky at the last second.

Mike Judge created Beavis & Butthead which begat Daria.

by Anonymousreply 336March 6, 2021 8:30 PM

R332 I remember when Heather said that! B. was not having it.

by Anonymousreply 337March 6, 2021 8:40 PM

R332 and she was right. I say the same thing to.

Fans love saying “their edit made them look bad” etc. Production can’t make you look bad if you don’t give them the footage. They have you saying that or acting like that on camera because YOU DID IT. They didn’t create it.

by Anonymousreply 338March 6, 2021 8:45 PM

R336, Maybe that person meant that her not being in the cast, meant that she was able to do Daria and give her, her unique voice.

[quote]Heather looked her straight in the and said "They worked with what you gave them."

I always tell people this. Her entire thought process on this was great.

They can't show you a certain way if you don't give you footage of you acting that way. So if you see yourself depicted a certain way that you don't like, then yeah. You did that. You gave them that to use.

by Anonymousreply 339March 6, 2021 9:06 PM

Thanks, R335. That's a reunion I'd definitely watch!

by Anonymousreply 340March 6, 2021 9:48 PM

The Shit They Should Have Shown specials they used to do were great. Here is the one for Austin.

Austin is one of the shows best seasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341March 6, 2021 10:13 PM

Kevin still comes across as emotionally stunted. His issues are more than just race.

by Anonymousreply 342March 6, 2021 11:24 PM

R342 oh please. He seemed perfectly fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 343March 6, 2021 11:27 PM

Love Heather, Julie, Norm, Eric. Andre seems great. Kevin seems calm and I liked him in this episode.

I don’t like Becky. Never have.

by Anonymousreply 344March 7, 2021 12:02 AM

Becky just seems... moody.

by Anonymousreply 345March 7, 2021 3:30 AM

Finally made it through the thread after blocking a, which eliminated nearly half the posts. Comments:

1. We're seriously having an argument over what constitutes a "real New Yorker"? FOR FUCK'S SAKE, CUNTS. I'm only a couple of years younger than the cast, and as it so happens I moved to Manhattan only two years after the first season aired. (No, not because of the show.) I think "Rent" better represents my experience there than "The Real World," but still: I know we have a ton of tired-ass bitches here, but this is a particularly stupid argument.

2. While I recall the many, MANY Eric Nies who's-his-bf posts back in the day, I don't remember anything about him "finding sobriety & Zen" or whatever. Anyone know the story there? (and btw he looked great EXCEPT for the one weird still shot of him with a full-on gray beard - not flattering)

3. Had no idea they were filming the first season when the Rodney King riots hit L.A. – or that Kevin was a legit community organizer at the time when MTV cast him as the stereotypical "angry black man" (who turned out to be right about basically everything).

4. If you bitches wanna catch up on old seasons, I noticed Paramount+ has 20 of them available for streaming (I think in full). IIRC it was after the 20th season that they ran out of interesting cities to use, so they started recycling all the old ones with slight variations (e.g. Brooklyn vs. "New York," Hollywood vs. "L.A."). Probably decided to stick with the OG batch.

5. Am I the only one who wants to bend Julie's college-age son over a keg and have my way with him??

by Anonymousreply 346March 7, 2021 4:01 AM

NY was used 3 times.

New York

Back to New York

Brooklyn

by Anonymousreply 347March 7, 2021 4:05 AM

Becky and Andre were always uninteresting. Andre’s Music was terrible in 1992. Speaking of 1992, Andre, it’s time to cut the hair. He look a lot younger with shorter hair.

Danny Roberts, New Orleans, Fucked up his life with HIV. With all the information out there, he should’ve been more careful.

by Anonymousreply 348March 7, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote]Danny Roberts, New Orleans, Fucked up his life with HIV. With all the information out there, he should’ve been more careful.

Trust me, it could've been far worse.

by Anonymousreply 349March 7, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote]Kevin still comes across as emotionally stunted. His issues are more than just race.

True, he seems like a very damaged person. It would be difficult to accept any assessment from him since it would be a view through his broken lens. He trolls people to their face and anyone would be foolish to engage with him.

by Anonymousreply 350March 7, 2021 4:26 AM

Who should they cast to replace Pedro?

by Anonymousreply 351March 7, 2021 4:34 AM

r47 There are some out of touch dinosaurs on here. It's shocking. I expect more from a gay forum.

by Anonymousreply 352March 7, 2021 5:32 AM

r 91 I wonder what Stephen the bisexual ho is up to.

by Anonymousreply 353March 7, 2021 5:38 AM

r289 It's miraculous considering all the drugs, booze, cigarettes, and junk food GenX consumed (as well as not sleeping during the rave days). It's genetic proof that we truly are superior to all other generations.

by Anonymousreply 354March 7, 2021 6:14 AM

r294 His small dick won't make it in very deeply.

by Anonymousreply 355March 7, 2021 6:16 AM

R352 It's more shocking that some DataLoungers are so lazy and quick to speculate in a post that someone is gay without spending two seconds to find out

by Anonymousreply 356March 7, 2021 6:53 AM

R50 really replied to himself lmaooooo

by Anonymousreply 357March 7, 2021 8:50 AM

What are you even talking about? Who cares who replied to whom? We’re all anonymous. We’re talking about the The Real World. Stop trying to derail it.

by Anonymousreply 358March 7, 2021 9:27 AM

[quote] My family has been here for generations. And you?

So you’re basically a townie and your family has been stuck here for generations with not even one person making it out and branching out? Reminds me of Roseanne’s family. They thought Darlene would be the one to make it out and make something of herself but nope.

by Anonymousreply 359March 7, 2021 9:30 AM

R359 you talk a lot of shit for someone pretending to be us

by Anonymousreply 360March 7, 2021 1:15 PM

Is the Hoboken bitch still going on about being a native New Yorker?

by Anonymousreply 361March 7, 2021 3:01 PM

Eric looks great.

by Anonymousreply 362March 7, 2021 3:14 PM

R362 all this WE and US bullshit makes you seem like a schizophrenic psycho

by Anonymousreply 363March 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Puerto Ricans aren't real New Yorkers. They're only there for the benefits.

by Anonymousreply 364March 7, 2021 3:27 PM

R361 no. Only YOU are, on all your accounts

by Anonymousreply 365March 7, 2021 3:29 PM

Anywho, when does episode two drop?

by Anonymousreply 366March 7, 2021 3:33 PM

When they showed the preview for the rest of the season Heather says something like “are you leaving?” and they show luggage moving toward the door, does someone actually leave or was that just a misleading tease?

by Anonymousreply 367March 7, 2021 3:56 PM

R365 Honey, you’re confused.

by Anonymousreply 368March 7, 2021 3:58 PM

has anyone found out whether the rest of the episodes will be shown on youtube as well or was that just to get us hooked so we subscribed to Paramount+?

by Anonymousreply 369March 9, 2021 5:23 AM

I'm not subscribing to Paramount + for just one show, their other offerings are kind of shit.

by Anonymousreply 370March 9, 2021 6:04 AM

agreed r370

by Anonymousreply 371March 9, 2021 6:05 AM

Kevin has issues with his Father abandoning him.

by Anonymousreply 372March 9, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote]Who should they cast to replace Pedro?

Why would they "replace" him? Then it wouldn't be a reunion. Just have one less person.

At any rate I can't imagine Puck & Judd being in the same house together, so that season's reunion ain't gonna happen. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 373March 9, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote]At any rate I can't imagine Puck & Judd being in the same house together, so that season's reunion ain't gonna happen. Ever.

And Judd is married to Pam (at least I believe they still are), so I don't see her doing a reunion without him.

I've been watching interviews with the OG cast. Surprised that they have kept in contact all of these years. Heather was in Julie's wedding and Heather and Norman knows each other's family. Julie stayed with Norman in L.A after the original show but was seeing a guy back home and eventually returned. Heather said she was the last hold out as she didn't want to ruin the show's legacy and she wasn't excited about having roommates again.

by Anonymousreply 374March 9, 2021 8:12 PM

Rachel from SF is now a Faux News "personality" (and married to Sean Duffy, another RWer who's now a Repug), so hard pass on that reunion unless it features Puck slapping her viciously across the face for two hours.

by Anonymousreply 375March 9, 2021 10:08 PM

Rachel and Sean has 8000 kids. I'm sure she wants to be away from them.

by Anonymousreply 376March 9, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote]Heather said she was the last hold out as she didn't want to ruin the show's legacy and she wasn't excited about having roommates again.

On the one hand, they're only there for six nights (which was mentioned on the show, but you might've missed it), so it's a bit of a stretch to say they're "roommates" again (more like trip mates). OTOH they filmed it in January, in the middle of a pandemic AND with dozens of crew members ambling about, so I can't exactly blame her given the circumstances (plus Eric of course managed to get the rona anyway).

by Anonymousreply 377March 9, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] has anyone found out whether the rest of the episodes will be shown on youtube as well or was that just to get us hooked so we subscribed to Paramount+?

Also has anyone found out if The Flight Attendant will be shown on YouTube or do we have to subscribe to HBO Max? And can we watch Bridgerton on YouTube or just the interviews? I can’t find the full episodes but can only see just the cast promo interviews.

by Anonymousreply 378March 9, 2021 10:28 PM

Christ, you cunts are cheap.

Both HBO Max & Paramount+ (a.k.a. the Network Formerly Known as CBS All Access) let you watch one or two episodes for free, but you have to pay up to watch the rest. Pretty much the same MO as the neighborhood crack dealer. No, you won't ever be able to watch any of this shit on YouTube. The ONLY way to watch any of it for free is to do it via BitTorrent.

Btw Paramount+ has quite a few shows worth watching – I've been a subscriber since last fall. "The Good Fight" is straight up DL's alley: the QUEEN Christine Baranski takes on the Trump era with arguably the best show about it, period. (Remains to be seen how they'll be doing future seasons, which likely won't start till late spring.) Also has "Star Trek: Discovery," which started out a hot mess but has gotten markedly better over the past season – and it's still one of the gayest shows anywhere on TV. "Star Trek: Picard" had a mixed first season, but some lesbian lusciousness in the former of Seven of Nine apparently being a scissor sister.

by Anonymousreply 379March 9, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote]And can we watch Bridgerton on YouTube or just the interviews?

I downloaded Bridgerton on RARBG.

[quote]Both HBO Max & Paramount+ (a.k.a. the Network Formerly Known as CBS All Access) let you watch one or two episodes for free, but you have to pay up to watch the rest.

I watched the first episode on Amazon but I’m doubting the rest will be free. I subscribe to three streaming services, I’m not adding a fourth for just one show.

by Anonymousreply 380March 9, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote]The ONLY way to watch any of it for free is to do it via BitTorrent.

Or any of the free streamers.

by Anonymousreply 381March 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Of course all episodes won’t be free.

They put the first free to get people to watch and hope they subscribe to see the rest.

PS Paramount is cheap. It’s like $6 a month. They also had a deal that you can get the $100 annual commercial free subscription for $50. Idk if that promo ended.

by Anonymousreply 382March 10, 2021 12:34 AM

How much you wanna bet Becky is a Republican

by Anonymousreply 383March 10, 2021 12:53 AM

Becky is a very liberal Democrat who lives in New Mexico. Very hippie-ish.

by Anonymousreply 384March 10, 2021 12:56 AM

Becky is annoying

by Anonymousreply 385March 10, 2021 1:41 AM

When is the next episode

by Anonymousreply 386March 10, 2021 3:03 AM

I love Becky.

by Anonymousreply 387March 10, 2021 3:05 AM

R386 New episodes drop on Thursdays.

by Anonymousreply 388March 10, 2021 3:06 AM

r381 - would you care to share some with us? ProjectFreeTv was my go to for years and then it went down last year and i've been adrift since then. i live on a community property and we all share wireless internet, so i don't want to get anyone in trouble using bitTorrent.

by Anonymousreply 389March 10, 2021 3:46 AM

I'll never forget this heated argument. I'm sure it was Melissa who called Dan a faggot after he called her a stupid bitch for opening an envelope that belonged to him. It was bleeped (or muted), but im sure that's what she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390March 10, 2021 7:00 PM

R390, I thought she called him a flamer?

by Anonymousreply 391March 10, 2021 7:01 PM

R390 It’s not bleeped in this fun official MTV compilation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392March 10, 2021 7:03 PM

R391 She called him that and faggot.

by Anonymousreply 393March 10, 2021 7:03 PM

WHET to that mess Melissa?

by Anonymousreply 394March 10, 2021 7:06 PM

Melissa was a Cuban right? They’re the worst.

by Anonymousreply 395March 10, 2021 7:07 PM

Can we get a RW Portland reunion so Nia can physically assault two of her roommates again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 10, 2021 10:47 PM

R396 I totally forgot about this season but remembered watching this!

I love how Avery beat that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 397March 11, 2021 12:18 AM

Avery didn’t though.

by Anonymousreply 398March 11, 2021 12:19 AM

R398 Avery beat that bitch and left her swollen, bruised, and weaveless. Nia pulled a little hair and threw a drink. She also got way too physical first, punching Johnny in the head several times and attacking him with a blower. She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 399March 11, 2021 12:22 AM

R399 rewatch the video. Nia won. Easily.

by Anonymousreply 400March 11, 2021 12:27 AM

R400 I just did. When all was said and done, Nia’s face was busted and Avery walked away looking like a newborn. Avery got some great face shots in and, again, Nia pulled hair and threw a drink.

What’s even more telling is the moment after the fight, when Avery exits the bathroom (?), Nia asks, “Round 2?” but doesn’t bother attacking even though she’s inches away from her. She waits until others intervene to start approaching Avery again. Typical coward. She new Johnny wouldn’t hit her back, that’s why she went after him so viciously. And that’s why she got a swollen lip, bruised face, and her weave snatched.

by Anonymousreply 401March 11, 2021 12:35 AM

Oh please with the lying

by Anonymousreply 402March 11, 2021 1:09 AM

Real World is on Pluto tv for free.

by Anonymousreply 403March 11, 2021 9:57 AM

Fuck it. I signed up for Paramount Plus, which is available for .99 cents for the first month, via my Amazon Prime account. Episode 2 is already available, but I will be watching it later tonight.

by Anonymousreply 404March 11, 2021 5:13 PM

Nia got her ass beat by that little girl lol! Talkin so much shit, too. You can tell she did because the first thing bitches like that want to do after losing a fight is start another- hence the sucker punch to Avery’s head from behind, she’s pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 405March 11, 2021 8:55 PM

I just subscribed to Paramount+ and was happy to see they offer the first 31 days free.

Watching episode 2 now.

by Anonymousreply 406March 11, 2021 9:03 PM

R406 Watching now too. Still loving it. I love that we get to hear more about Kevin’s post-Real World struggles.

Okay, going back to watch!

Also, what sucker punch, R405?

by Anonymousreply 407March 11, 2021 9:10 PM

Also, Julie has remained adorable and unpretentious.

by Anonymousreply 408March 11, 2021 9:14 PM

They are getting druuunk! Julie is blasted 😂

by Anonymousreply 409March 11, 2021 9:21 PM

This one 🥊

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 11, 2021 9:27 PM

Episode 2 Final Verdict: Grade A. A great mix of lighthearted banter and shenanigans and poignant in-depth reflections and updates on the lives of some of the cast (I’m sure others will be focused on in upcoming episodes).

I must say, I am both happy and surprised that this “homecoming” is turning out to be as poignant, moving, and fascinating as it is. The fact that it was filmed during this pandemic makes it all the more timely and relevant.

Also, the conversation between Becky and Kevin is... God, I’m so torn between them. I get and love both of them.

Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 411March 11, 2021 9:35 PM

R410 I remember that now that you shared it! Was there another fight after that?

Bitch, I would have cleaned that entire house with Nia.

by Anonymousreply 412March 11, 2021 9:38 PM

R410 Nevermind. I saw the rest of the fight in the clip you shared. Avery still got that skinny bitch good in the face and won.

by Anonymousreply 413March 11, 2021 9:40 PM

Whatever else may be said about her, Nia was ravishingly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 414March 11, 2021 9:45 PM

R414 More like handsome. I could easily be convinced that she is MTF.

by Anonymousreply 415March 11, 2021 9:52 PM

Nia was beautiful but nuts. And Avery did not win that fight. The only hits she got in was when she ran up on Nia as she attacked Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 416March 11, 2021 10:44 PM

I just finished episode 2 and it was TERRIFIC. The conversation between Becky and Kevin made me uncomfortable, which shows this is truly REAL.

As for the topic, and as a Hispanic man of color who is very mixed, I 100% agreed with both of them, and understand where they are both coming from. Kevin is right, I agree with him, but Becky isn’t wrong either. I get what she’s trying to say, but she doesn’t go about it in the right way.

It was interesting that during their confessionals that both Julie and Andre had an issue with how Becky was handling the situation.

Also, I got a little teary eyed seeing Kevin’s story and growth.

by Anonymousreply 417March 11, 2021 10:48 PM

Nia physically assaulted Jordan also, earlier in the season. Then during the season finale she went and found street thugs and wanted to get Jordan jumped.

by Anonymousreply 418March 11, 2021 10:49 PM

Beth linked up with Syrus to watch episode 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 11, 2021 11:06 PM

R416 Nia only got one hit in and it was a sucker punch to the back of Avery’s head. Additionally, she should’ve been able to do more damage considering the fact that the boys were more focused on holding Avery back, even limiting her ability to fight back, while they pretty much let Nia do what she wanted. Nonetheless, Nia was the one left with half a weave and a busted lip and bruised face. Avery clearly won.

That being said, I have no doubt that Avery would’ve worked her over even better had the boys not been in the way. That little girl knew how to throw down.

Funny enough, I normally dislike girls like Avery while Nia is usually the type of bitch I root for, but her vicious and, quite frankly, illegal physical attack on Johnny coupled with her cockiness completely turned me off. I’m glad Avery busted that bitch’s face. I love when she picks up her weave from the floor after, dangles it midair, and sings “woohoo!” 😂

by Anonymousreply 420March 11, 2021 11:13 PM

You must be watching the white Supremacist version r420. That’s not how it played out at all.

Also, Avery is Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 421March 11, 2021 11:14 PM

R421 Honey, I’m not white.

by Anonymousreply 422March 11, 2021 11:16 PM

R422 sure.

by Anonymousreply 423March 11, 2021 11:18 PM

R423 Like R417, I am a Hispanic man of color. In either case, this fight and Avery busting Nia’s face have nothing to do with race. It boils down to an underestimated underdog smacking down a pretentious and psychotic alpha cunt.

by Anonymousreply 424March 11, 2021 11:22 PM

R419 Beth really does look amazing, too. So cute that they’re watching and promoting it.

by Anonymousreply 425March 11, 2021 11:23 PM

Yes. Beth looks terrific. I actually think she looks better now, in her 50s, than she did in the 90s during her 20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 11, 2021 11:31 PM

Anyone else watched episode 2?

by Anonymousreply 427March 12, 2021 12:57 AM

I watched it R427, it was another good episode.

John Lennon.

by Anonymousreply 428March 12, 2021 2:08 AM

R428 The John Lennon bit reminded me of Tori Amos’ reported encounter with his ghost:

[quote] I’ve heard you tell a story about the song “Hey Jupiter” and how you were on tour and you woke up in a hotel room and a man — a ghost — was sitting on the edge of your bed singing you those lyrics. Some people have concluded that the ghost was John Lennon, based on comments you’ve made over the years. Can you officially confirm that?

[quote]I haven’t had a lot of ghosts come and talk to me in my life. Freddie [Mercury] sang me “Sugar” [a B-side off of Amos’ first album, “Little Earthquakes”] all those years ago. And yes — that’s right about [Lennon and “Hey Jupiter”]. That’s right. I was in Arizona at a really low point on the “Under the Pink” tour and everything was kind of just imploding. Eric [Rosse, Amos’ ex, a producer on her first two solo albums and the inspiration for many of the songs on “Boys for Pele”] and I had just split up, Mark [Hawley, Amos’ current husband and sound engineer] and I weren’t together — we were working together professionally, so we said “hello,” but that’s it. So there was a time when I was up to all kinds of stuff and in your life, sometimes you’re exploring and you’re trying to figure out who you are — where do you fit in within the circle at the fire with your contemporaries and your friends and other people that you might be attracted to, but really, do you really want to go off and have kids? Probably not a good idea [laughs]. Or you ask yourself, “Are you both too similar? Are you both too different that you’re going to different galaxies — not just planets — different galaxies?” So, at that time, I think after having been in a relationship for a long time and making “Under the Pink” together, Eric and I had gone our separate ways early on in the tour, and it was many, many, many months out there doing a lot of shows. I had deep questions and this voice came to me and “Hey Jupiter” was pretty much all sung to me — “Are you gay? Are you blue? Thought we both could use a friend to run to” — it was like a lullaby being sung to me from the other side. Some of the lyrics — the “lifting up her dress” — I didn’t need any help with that bit [laughs]. But yes, yes, that’s all true.

It seems like Lennon’s ghost has a thing for female singer-songwriters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 12, 2021 2:22 AM

Becky sounds like a nut

by Anonymousreply 430March 12, 2021 2:23 AM

I love seeing how much Kevin has grown. I didn’t know he worked for Vibe magazine since it started until they fired him in 1996. He also worked for Rolling Stone.

I also didn’t know he was close friends with Tupac, who was a fan of their season of RW.

by Anonymousreply 431March 12, 2021 4:14 AM

If this specific cast and the producers of this show are willing, I’m thinking they should do these reunions once a year for the next five to ten years. It would be a great way of getting them all together regularly - especially since they all admitted they have often wanted but never set aside the time nor coordinated to do so - if only for a week to a month. It could also be a fascinating new take on this “social experiment” and perhaps a poignant rumination on aging and the passage of time in general.

I wouldn’t mind catching up with this cast once a year and seeing how their lives continue to change and evolve.

by Anonymousreply 432March 12, 2021 4:29 AM

R432 that would take away from their cast as a whole. Too much of them and too accessible

by Anonymousreply 433March 12, 2021 4:38 AM

R433 I don’t think so. Maybe if they were younger but at there ages the changes come swift and drastic.

by Anonymousreply 434March 12, 2021 4:45 AM

*their

by Anonymousreply 435March 12, 2021 4:45 AM

That’s a terrible idea. There is but so much this cast, in their late 40s and 50s, can provide to keep people watching for years.

by Anonymousreply 436March 12, 2021 4:47 AM

But we’re living in some crazy ass times, R436, and I would like to use these people collectively as the sundial by which to measure the shadows cast by the passage of this current era; the finger with which to take the pulse of America, goddammit!

Besides, I don’t want to let them go and I don’t want the next time we hear about them to be after one of their deaths.

by Anonymousreply 437March 12, 2021 4:54 AM

For free. Scroll down, and just before the "you may also like" bar, you can click on the episodes. Two so far, updated weekly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438March 12, 2021 4:57 AM

R438 Aw! You have truly done DL a service!

by Anonymousreply 439March 12, 2021 4:57 AM

r438 Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 440March 12, 2021 5:03 AM

You're welcome

by Anonymousreply 441March 12, 2021 5:13 AM

Why are DLers struggling to see the second episode?

Paramount is free for 30 days.

by Anonymousreply 442March 12, 2021 5:15 AM

r421 Avery is Native American

by Anonymousreply 443March 12, 2021 5:21 AM

R438, it doesn’t open for me. I keep getting trafficked to junk sites.

by Anonymousreply 444March 12, 2021 5:22 AM

Avery and Nia are friends now, btw

by Anonymousreply 445March 12, 2021 5:23 AM

R443 no. She’s half Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 446March 12, 2021 5:25 AM

This link says differently R446

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447March 12, 2021 5:28 AM

Averey literally mentions one parent being Japanese during her RW season.

That person going on about the show DIDNT even watch it. They’re just making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 448March 12, 2021 5:29 AM

R447 whoever wrote that is off.

by Anonymousreply 449March 12, 2021 5:30 AM

it works for me r444, but i have a popup blocker and ad blocker installed on my browser.

r442 - i didn't check out Paramount's site because i already have Netflix & Hulu so i don't know how you sign up for the 30 free days, but i imagine it involves putting a credit card in that won't be charged until the 2nd month. As i am part of the 50% of people that forget dates or overlooks emails or just procrastinate in general, i will end up having another streaming service that i don't really need. Plus, what r438 gave us is better...it has popular shows and movies streaming for free. It's like the now-defunct Project FreeTV, and they actually have programs and movies from other countries as well (i really like UK and Australia shows/movies).

by Anonymousreply 450March 12, 2021 5:31 AM

I'm not getting Paramount + because I looked through their shows and nothing really interested me.

by Anonymousreply 451March 12, 2021 5:35 AM

Avery is so interesting. I like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452March 12, 2021 6:00 AM

R445 is speaking truth. In the video podcast I posted above, Avery mentions that she and Nia are now friends. That’s cool to hear.

by Anonymousreply 453March 12, 2021 6:08 AM

Someone here is speaking to himself

by Anonymousreply 454March 12, 2021 11:12 AM

Three decades after pioneering reality TV, original cast of MTV's "The Real World" is back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455March 12, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]The conversation between Becky and Kevin made me uncomfortable, which shows this is truly REAL.

[quote]It was interesting that during their confessionals that both Julie and Andre had an issue with how Becky was handling the situation.

Julie and Andre mentioned it during their confessionals but you could see it all over Heather & Norm’s faces as well. Becky couldn’t listen to Kevin without interrupting, he’d sit back and let her talk but she wouldn’t do the same.

by Anonymousreply 456March 12, 2021 5:50 PM

Eric is still in great shape, he's really kept it together. The others have all gotten pretty fat.

by Anonymousreply 457March 12, 2021 9:34 PM

Becky and Julie aren’t fat.

by Anonymousreply 458March 12, 2021 9:43 PM

[quote] Becky couldn’t listen to Kevin without interrupting, he’d sit back and let her talk but she wouldn’t do the same.

And when she deemed the conversation over, she tried to shut Kevin down with "We can agree to disagree." and didn't want to listen to his point. Between that conversation and her not letting Norman use her bathroom, Becky is the worst!

by Anonymousreply 459March 13, 2021 1:52 AM

Becky is entitled and privileged

by Anonymousreply 460March 13, 2021 1:59 AM

Has anyone else watched the second episode?

by Anonymousreply 461March 14, 2021 5:10 PM

Becky is kind of a bitch for hogging that one bathroom all to herself.

by Anonymousreply 462March 14, 2021 5:11 PM

And she is sleeping in the luxury room by herself. She doesn’t wanna share a room or bathroom etc.

by Anonymousreply 463March 14, 2021 5:27 PM

Kevin’s argument is basically that his struggles are more important than Becky’s because he is black, therefore, she owes it to him to sit and listen to him. He expects her to agree that her struggles aren’t as important and she is racist is she disagrees. Racism is the belief in racial superiority. No where do I hear her saying she believes whites are superior. I hear her saying we all have our own struggles and they should all hold equal weight as they are all our own experiences. I agree with her. Any valid criticism of a person of color is now tilted toward being branded as racism. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 464March 14, 2021 5:53 PM

R464 no. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 465March 14, 2021 5:56 PM

Wooo, chile! Episode three continues with the race debate. And it is confrontational.

I’ll chime in after. Going back to watch!

by Anonymousreply 466March 18, 2021 10:56 PM

Shit, they are teaching Becky a lesson and as much as I like her, it’s a lesson that she needs to learn.

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 467March 18, 2021 11:02 PM

Ok, I’m sorry for watchposting, but this shit is soooo goood.

by Anonymousreply 468March 18, 2021 11:05 PM

I haven’t watched yet. Will around 9pm.

I’m excited. Loved episodes 1 and 2.

by Anonymousreply 469March 18, 2021 11:16 PM

R469 Then you’re going to love it.

by Anonymousreply 470March 18, 2021 11:18 PM

omfg 😷

by Anonymousreply 471March 18, 2021 11:27 PM

Episode 3 Final Verdict: Unexpected, thought provoking, and, in the end, saddening. Understanding both sides of the argument and genuinely liking the two people presenting those sides made this episode great but nonetheless maddening

I thought of Ordinary People (Mary!, I know). Some people simply aren’t prepared to be analyzed or even questioned. And, in this case, that fact applies to both sides, though more so to one person over the other. A+

by Anonymousreply 472March 18, 2021 11:39 PM

This episode only proved what I said upthread, Becky is PRIVILEGED. But some on here claimed she isnt, defending her. She is. She even admits she’s “elite” in her own way this episode

by Anonymousreply 473March 18, 2021 11:42 PM

As someone who likes Becky, I agree with you, R473; she’s privileged but also more set in her ways than I expected. However, it was confirmed that she’s a progressive liberal and not a Dump supporter, which made the ending all the more bitter.

by Anonymousreply 474March 18, 2021 11:45 PM

Of course Becky’s privileged, she’s WHITE. She also doesn’t seem to have ever had a real job, of course I can be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 475March 18, 2021 11:48 PM

She’s always been a liberal. But one thing people fail to realize is many liberals can be racist and homophobic in their own ways.

by Anonymousreply 476March 18, 2021 11:49 PM

What happened as a result of this? You guys are so vague and the only description of the past 2 episode is that Becky is privileged but liberal.

by Anonymousreply 477March 18, 2021 11:55 PM

R477 Second OP hint...

Guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478March 19, 2021 12:10 AM

Third hint...

by Anonymousreply 479March 19, 2021 12:12 AM

I see where Kevin is coming from but I agree with Becky when she says it’s ok to take politics and race out of a situation and look at the other aspects of it. In reality they were both emotional young people, whether Kevin wants to admit it or not.

by Anonymousreply 480March 19, 2021 1:30 AM

When you get Norm of all people upset and yelling at you to shut up, you’ve been a real asshole

by Anonymousreply 481March 19, 2021 1:31 AM

It doesn't seem like Becky has ever had a real job in her life. Talking about extended stays in Europe and the house in France etc. She appears to be a trustafarian. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but trustafarians have an annoying habit of talking about their constant travel and fabulous places they're always going to with people who are not part of that class and it comes off as very tone deaf and insensitive. Middle-class people who have to work full-time and don't have endless amounts of time and money to travel really don't want to hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 482March 19, 2021 7:11 AM

Now we just need a scene between Kevin and Norm sitting outside, in front of the loft building.”

Kevin: “I really admire you for that.”

Norm: “Well, don’t admire people too much. They’ll disappoint you sometimes.”

Kevin: “I’m not disappointed. (beat) I love you.”

Norm: “I love you too.”

[They embrace as Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major gradually swells.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 19, 2021 7:37 AM

Becky is able to view the subject with nuance. Kevin wants her to see things through his experience and labels her racist since she can’t. Her being elitist doesn’t prevent her from being compassionate about racism. He made his criticism of her personal by attacking her lifestyle. Her lifestyle isn’t harming him or oppressing other races. Racism is the belief in racial superiority and acting discriminatively. It’s not the inability to understand the beliefs of one of another race. She shouldn’t have to apologize for her lifestyle. But she’s supposed to feel guilty and shamed because she’s white? She is someone who is compassionate, but she’s not drinking the current Kool-Aid that all whites must feel guilty for their lives and are racist and ignorant if they don’t. All this extremism is turning people off. I can say it’s sickening me. I can be sickened by true racism and the need to bully white people into apologizing for who they are. At one point in his argument, he said he considered it racist if a white person said they have black friends. Yes, he said that. And no one flinched at the absurdity. I believe she is right that he set it up to provoke her and make her look bad. He then went upstairs to attack her in his conversation with Heather. He strikes me as someone who feels mentally superior to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 484March 19, 2021 8:53 AM

R484 You know, I can’t say that you’re wrong, and you have articulated better than I could some of what has been bothering me about this whole exchange. Although I can sympathize with his experience and plight, Kevin’s righteousness here, as it was back in ‘92, is glaring.

That being said, Becky also has a problem with listening and with bit a little tone deaf. Gah! It’s a frustrating scenario all the way around.

by Anonymousreply 485March 19, 2021 1:55 PM

Kevin is extremely damaged from his childhood and upbringing and inflicts it on everyone else. I'm not saying he doesn't make some good points about racism in American society - he does - but the man has always had a LOT of issues regarding jealousy and resentment of others.

by Anonymousreply 486March 19, 2021 3:28 PM

Jealousy???) that’s what you took from this? Lmaoooo Kevin worked his ass off and wrote for many large publications like Vibe, Rolling Stone, NYTimes and CNN.

He earned his living. It wasn’t handed to him. That isn’t jealousy, that’s being sick and tired of white people like Becky running around and flaunting everything in everyone else’s faces.

by Anonymousreply 487March 19, 2021 5:58 PM

Not to mention Kevin also worked endlessly for black rights and equality since he was in college in the 80s. Like he said, he was “woke” before it was a thing, and everything he said would happen HAS. He knew what was gonna happen down the line.

I respect a man like Kevin, who worked his way through college, graduated as one of the top of his class while still protesting and doing work for black causes and rights NON STOP, and then working his ass off to do what he wanted to do, write. He also taught at NYU.

What has Becky done besides walk around and flaunt everything that was HANDED TO HER. Kevin had to WORK for his.

by Anonymousreply 488March 19, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote] When you get Norm of all people upset and yelling at you to shut up, you’ve been a real asshole

Norm and Kevin had their own big blow-up fight on the original season, didn't they? I don't even remember what it was about.

by Anonymousreply 489March 19, 2021 6:06 PM

It may not be jealousy, but it is resentment that 487 described. Being resentful isn’t very mature. Kevin uses his role as a black man as a weapon against those who aren’t “woke” enough.

by Anonymousreply 490March 19, 2021 6:09 PM

Some things warrant resentment, like white people being treated better simply because they’re white. It’s warranted. He worked hard for what he has but this white bitch never has to work and has the nerve to FLAUNT IT? Please. I would let her have it and throw a drink in her face while at it.

by Anonymousreply 491March 19, 2021 6:16 PM

R490 and r487 are the same person.

by Anonymousreply 492March 19, 2021 6:16 PM

R489 it wasn’t a blow up. There was no screaming but while Kevin and his friend were speaking to Norm, Norm claimed the only thing he knew about Kevin after living with him for like 3 months was he’s aggressive etc. stereotypes of a black man. Prior to that Kevin and him never had issues.

I love that the house was supportive of Kevin this time, as opposed to 1992. They’ve all grown up.

by Anonymousreply 493March 20, 2021 12:44 AM

The thing about Kevin is that every conversation turns into a lecture. Of course he makes some very good points and has insights into things, but with people like him the conversation will inevitably turn to his politics and social justice issues. With these people you just want to say "for fuck's sake, can we just talk about something else for once? Can we talk about Game Of Thrones or Star Wars or something?"

by Anonymousreply 494March 20, 2021 1:43 AM

R494 I agree. I know people who are so deep in their cause that they only think, speak and breathe that cause.

I’ve met gay activists like that too.

by Anonymousreply 495March 20, 2021 1:54 AM

No doubt Becky is a very privileged person and has had a pretty easy life but I identified with her when she wanted to leave and said "I've outgrown this." Think about some people you knew and hung out with when you were 21 and haven't seen in many years and now you're all back together again. You're just sitting there like "we have nothing in common anymore. Time and life have really moved on."

That was one thing Becky said that I definitely could agree with.

by Anonymousreply 496March 20, 2021 2:43 AM

I knew Eric had a rocky relationship with his father, who was a successful man who left them when he was 11. You could tell he was someone who wanted his fathers approval back during the original show.

I didn’t know he had a bad relationship with his brother or that he was raped at a young age and that’s how he lost his virginity.

by Anonymousreply 497March 21, 2021 2:56 PM

I don’t think Becky is a racist. At all. I do think she’s stuck in her ways and unable to listen, though. She also is tone deaf, like many privileged people are.

by Anonymousreply 498March 21, 2021 2:57 PM

I didn’t like the way Becky left at all. She came off rude, entitled and stuck up. She wasn’t even gonna say bye to them.

by Anonymousreply 499March 21, 2021 3:04 PM

R499 I’m telling you, Becky did a Beth.

by Anonymousreply 500March 21, 2021 4:25 PM

Even Norm said that she came off stuck up, like she was better than them.

I hated when she told him their friendship isn’t real anymore.

by Anonymousreply 501March 21, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote] I hated when she told him their friendship isn’t real anymore.

That was pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 502March 21, 2021 6:32 PM

I didn’t care for Becky during the original run, but felt good about her in the reunion..until this episode.

by Anonymousreply 503March 22, 2021 1:48 PM

I didn’t like her during the original run either

by Anonymousreply 504March 23, 2021 3:45 PM

Norman works in a bakery!

by Anonymousreply 505March 25, 2021 9:38 PM

Watching episode 4.

by Anonymousreply 506March 25, 2021 9:39 PM

R505 ok and?

by Anonymousreply 507March 25, 2021 9:41 PM

R507 Nothing wrong with it, I’m just surprised.

by Anonymousreply 508March 25, 2021 9:43 PM

I’m loving the focus on Norm.

by Anonymousreply 509March 25, 2021 9:51 PM

I told you all that Eric’s manager robbed all his money.

by Anonymousreply 510March 25, 2021 9:58 PM

R510 He was open about it in the doc posted upthread, which is very insightful and revealing.

by Anonymousreply 511March 25, 2021 10:01 PM

Oh shit! Julie is meeting with Becky!

by Anonymousreply 512March 25, 2021 10:03 PM

Norm could easily sell small art pieces, autographs, or do Patreon videos for some cash on social media.

by Anonymousreply 513March 25, 2021 10:03 PM

Or he can work at a bakery. Nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 514March 25, 2021 10:06 PM

Next episode looks gooood.

by Anonymousreply 515March 25, 2021 10:07 PM

Next week looks great. And this episode was great too.

Norm really was being a drama Queen in the end though. I get it, you feel hurt by Becky right now and you’re angry that she is speaking to Julie and not you (or Kevin) but you’re being overly dramatic about it.

by Anonymousreply 516March 25, 2021 10:39 PM

R516 I agree. I still love him though!

by Anonymousreply 517March 26, 2021 12:20 AM

Anyone excited for this weeks episode?

by Anonymousreply 518March 29, 2021 11:38 PM

R518 Me!

by Anonymousreply 519March 29, 2021 11:49 PM

Why do people watch reality shows? Especially our tribe? I’m asking honestly and in good faith, not being snide.

by Anonymousreply 520March 29, 2021 11:53 PM

R520 Outside of sheer spectatorship, I think it’s a way to reflect and recognize part of yourself in others. I can’t watch the Real Housewives (I used to over ten years ago) or the Kardashians, so I wouldn’t say this applies to all reality shows, but there you have it.

This is the first reality show I’ve watched in a long time and in addition to the reasons I listed above (i.e., spectatorship and reflection), I’m also watching out of sincere curiosity and for nostalgia’s sake. Also, overall, I love documentaries; I’m not saying this is necessarily a doc, but I’m sure you get my point.

by Anonymousreply 521March 30, 2021 12:11 AM

TRW, especially in its earlier seasons was quite a bit more authentic than most of what we think of as reality TV. They didn't start actually trying to actively create drama until the first Vegas season. Prior to that, they just generally pointed a camera and let it happen.

by Anonymousreply 522March 30, 2021 12:18 AM

R522 So true.

by Anonymousreply 523March 30, 2021 12:20 AM

Wow. Today’s episode was phenomenal!!!

by Anonymousreply 524April 1, 2021 8:00 PM

R524 I’m going to watch it after finishing up some work. Your excitement has me excited!

by Anonymousreply 525April 1, 2021 9:15 PM

R525 the best episode yet! It was another deep, real episode.

God, it’s wonderful to have REAL REALITY back again.

I’m sad next week is the finale.

by Anonymousreply 526April 1, 2021 9:24 PM

Becky is the type of person who brings the drama and ruins Christmas every year.

by Anonymousreply 527April 1, 2021 9:27 PM

R527 only if she doesn’t have everything her way.

But Kevin is the type who would give a lecture on Christmas morning, afternoon and then at Christmas dinner

by Anonymousreply 528April 1, 2021 9:54 PM

R528 Touché

by Anonymousreply 529April 1, 2021 9:55 PM

Becky really refuses to hear what anyone else is saying.

by Anonymousreply 530April 2, 2021 12:11 AM

Wow. Fantastic episode, which tackled everything from gay to black rights. Grade A+!

Becky and Kevin are both headstrong and each finds it difficult to admit when they’re wrong. They also tend to act intellectually superior to others. They clash because they’re so alike. I like them both.

However, Kevin’s anger and frustration has been more than validated by the events of the last 5 years. Who would have guessed we would still be dealing with the levels of racism that have been exposed in the last couple of years. The rise of the internet and social media has been both a blessing and a boon.

by Anonymousreply 531April 2, 2021 1:55 AM

R531 agree with all you said. Kevin and Becky are truly more alike than either will admit

by Anonymousreply 532April 2, 2021 2:49 AM

Anyone else watch?

by Anonymousreply 533April 2, 2021 11:45 PM

Watching ep 6.

by Anonymousreply 534April 8, 2021 11:48 AM

I’m already tearing up 😭

by Anonymousreply 535April 8, 2021 11:55 AM

omfg. Julie and Heather and their friendship 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

by Anonymousreply 536April 8, 2021 12:20 PM

An authentic, revealing, and bittersweet return to the show that can be credited with catapulting reality television into the mainstream. It also serves as a reminder of what reality tv can be at its best: a mirror held up to both the shifting times of any era and the people that contribute to those shifts, while also serving as a kaleidoscopic reflection of ourselves.

I really loved this.

Final Grade: A+

by Anonymousreply 537April 8, 2021 12:33 PM

omfg. “Don’t You Forget About Me” is the perfect closer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 8, 2021 12:34 PM

I just watched it. Omg. So good. Emotional

by Anonymousreply 539April 8, 2021 6:50 PM

I feel like Becky got the villain edit for sure and once she realized it she noped the hell out of there and I don't blame her. She's bat shit crazy but she's not racist.

Kevin's judgment of others is unreal especially considering he feels like he has been unfairly judged throughout his life.

by Anonymousreply 540April 29, 2021 8:07 PM

Beckys situation wasn’t an edit.

by Anonymousreply 541April 29, 2021 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!