Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Muir/George Stephanopoulos catfight at ABC News

"There's only ONE star at ABC News, and that's ME baby!"

David Muir's new role at ABC News leads to drama with George Stephanopoulos and a visit from Bob Iger

Earlier this year tensions between ABC News anchors George Stephanopoulos and David Muir boiled over to the point that Stephanopoulos threatened to walk to a rival network, according to sources close to the matter.

In an unusual intervention, Disney executive chairman Bob Iger flew across the country to broker peace at ABC News.

Iger smoothed things over and gave Stephanopoulos, 60, a valuable contract extension, defusing the situation. Muir, 47, also remains under a long-term contract.

"They found a way to have two big stars and build towards the future," one of the sources said.

But not without a whole lot of drama along the way. The previously unreported spat showcases the challenges of talent management and how TV anchor roles are evolving in the streaming age.

Spokespeople for ABC News, a unit of Disney, declined to comment for this story. More than half a dozen sources spoke to CNN Business on condition of anonymity.

At issue was a title, "chief anchor," and a key network news responsibility: leading special coverage of breaking news stories and special events.

Those special reports have been helmed by Stephanopoulos for the better part of a decade. Now Muir will have that responsibility on top of his "World News Tonight" anchor role.

Stephanopoulos, the co-anchor of "GMA" on weekdays and "This Week" on Sundays, will be adding a production company and prime time specials to his portfolio. Sources said that he will create new shows for Disney-owned platforms like Hulu and National Geographic.

Now, no one at ABC News will have the title of "chief anchor."

The title was invented in 2014, and that's really where this story begins.

Diane Sawyer was stepping down from "World News," the network's flagship evening broadcast, historically the top job at ABC News.

Stephanopoulos was anchoring "GMA" and was, according to some sources, coveting the "World News" chair.

But power was shifting from the evenings to the mornings. As Bill Carter wrote for The New York Times in 2014, "Stephanopoulos is now too important a part of ABC's top-rated morning program, 'Good Morning America' — by far the biggest profit center for the news division — to be moved to the evenings."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 30, 2021 12:18 AM

Will George's ratty Korean wig get separate billing?

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2021 2:32 PM

Girls, you're both insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2021 2:42 PM

One is smart and a real journalist. The other reads prompter while re-enacting scenes from Zoolander.

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2021 2:48 PM

I take smart & sexy Greek Georgie anyday over Zoolander!

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2021 2:53 PM

Who has the bigger dick should be a question…..😎

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2021 2:55 PM

I remember when George was the Clinton's boy wonder in '92. Now he's 60. I never realized how tiny he is (5 foot 5).

by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2021 3:00 PM

Sounds like they're trying to move Stephanopoulos into a Barbara Walters role, with "specials", etc.

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2021 3:02 PM

George was angry that David's closet at ABC was bigger and better-decorated than his.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2021 3:04 PM

David and George got into a big fight in the men's room. David ripped George's wig off and flushed it down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2021 3:09 PM

Size meat verificata is needed.

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2021 3:13 PM

I didn't take either of these two for drama queens, but when egos collide all bets are off

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2021 3:19 PM

Does George have a journalism degree? How did he go from politics to journalism?

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2021 3:22 PM

George’s delivery is so fast and nervous-sounding. He reminds me of Aunt Clara from Bewitched.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2021 3:35 PM

What is this 'television' you watch?

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 3:35 PM

^^ Zip it, cupcake

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2021 3:41 PM

R6 - Nick Jonas is 5'6" - just for reference.

There's been rumors for years that George is gay and married Alex Wentworth in an arrangement so both could have kids.

Personally, I'm happy about the casting switch they've done the past 10 years. They have really started to focus on very good looking younger men. The sexless old guys are no longer a thing - and I'm fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2021 3:43 PM

Let’s all remember that their job is to sit in a chair, have a wire in their ears and read from a teleprompter while staring into a camera.

And to top it off, they’re doing it on network TV, a platform that’s lost 80% of its audience since the days of Walter Cronkite.

They win the media lottery and then bitch and moan. Whether you like them or not, the behind the camera stuff is insufferable. Someone should tell them that game show hosts work harder than they do. Or better yet the display ‘models’ on The Price is Right.

by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2021 3:46 PM

Yes, the news business is a constant battle behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2021 3:49 PM

They should switch jobs. Muir is a total lightweight and would fit in much better on Good Morning America - the hausfraus would swoon over him. George is much more suited to giving news to the geriatric set in the evenings. I don't see how he's "too important a part" of GMA.

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2021 3:55 PM

I like how the Brits call them by the more accurate term: news readers.

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2021 3:58 PM

r20 the Brits do it right. In America these people are major celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 21March 2, 2021 4:09 PM

The thing that makes George better than David is that George can process information quickly and come back with thoughtful and immediate questions based in the moment. David can't do that. David has to stay on script and can't adjust when the person he is interviewing drops a bombshell unless there is someone to whisper it in his ear.

by Anonymousreply 22March 2, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote]Muir is a total lightweight and would fit in much better on Good Morning America - the hausfraus would swoon over him.

Gurl they have Michael Strahan so they can fantasize about doing a big buff black man. Id like to see David at GMA too, but he aint giving up that World News Tonight seat. David was groomed by the LEGEND Peter Jennings himself, the greatest journalist of all times. George is a old political hack and should be glad he even finessed his way onto a major network morning show.

by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2021 4:33 PM

Saw his equipment at the gym years ago...nothing to write home about. On the other hand, Andrew Sullivan (same gym) has a nice piece of meat between his legs.

by Anonymousreply 24March 2, 2021 5:27 PM

George always struck me as a major Napoleon complex. Seriously - at 60, you are fighting to maintain sole control over major interviews and explicitly blocking someone who is as dedicated - but much less nasty and much better looking - as you but younger. Screw George - not a person I ever liked and clearly a nasty human being.

by Anonymousreply 25March 2, 2021 6:09 PM

Plus David Can’t do GMA-that would require him to be a personality and talk about his personal life.

You can’t talk about a personal life that is sealed shut in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2021 7:15 PM

Make Robin Roberts Chief Anchor and call it a day!

by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]George is much more suited to giving news to the geriatric set in the evenings. I don't see how he's "too important a part" of GMA.

Other than the crazy money I'm sure they're paying him, I don't really know why George stays with GMA given how he views himself as a serious newsman. After the first 30 or 40 minutes, it ceases to be about serious news and becomes just a daily shill for Disney products, plus there's the fact that George clearly has no desire to do any of the "fun" things that go along with being on a morning network show. Every year he does as little as possible where it comes to the annual Halloween dress-up show and very clearly has no desire to participate. One year, while the other hosts had all of these elaborate costumes on, he just took his suit jacket off, put on a pair of shades, and said he was Tom Cruise in "Top Gun" or something like that. I think the most he did was the year he put on an astronaut's suit and they floated him out on a wire saying he was George Clooney from "Gravity."

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2021 8:56 PM

[quote]blocking someone who is as dedicated - but much less nasty and much better looking - as you but younger

Well I've heard here that David is no walk in the park to work with either. But yes IMO George does not offer enough to be throwing his weight around (what little he has). Yes he has political astuteness but in today's news world you have to have more to offer to land and keep gigs especially at the network level. They want extremely dynamic and charismatic "personalities" to drive ratings.

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2021 9:18 PM

R29

Heard that too about David. He is not a “nice” as he makes you think he is on instagram.

DTM has lived in the closet the whole time for his dream job, no way he is not ruthless & ambitious for that anchor chair.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2021 9:36 PM

Gurls, you’re both the top bottom!

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2021 9:39 PM

I can’t be the only one hoping this story was a lot nastier.

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2021 9:40 PM

Media people have an almost comic level of unearned self regard. Picture every stereotype of an actor/actress and multiply it by a thousand.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]Will George's ratty Korean wig get separate billing?

Wig? Honey Georgie is full blooded Greek and his hairline starts at his toes, goes straight up over and back down.

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2021 9:51 PM

So, who’s winning this Witch Fight @ ABC?

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote]Size meat verificata is needed.

It's VERIFICATIA, you fat stupid whore!

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2021 10:54 PM

r36 it's "verificata" when referring to bottoms who don't use them!

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2021 10:57 PM

So, is David a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2021 11:05 PM

R38, He sure acts like it!

by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2021 11:06 PM

How much of ABC's budget is spent on primping their respective helmet hairdos that wont even move under hurricane force winds?

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]So, is David a bottom?

Ask his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2021 11:27 PM

George is so boring. It’s time for her to move on.

by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2021 11:46 PM

R41

Yup, DTM wants Kelly Ripa Consuelos’ snatch.

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2021 12:29 AM

[quote]So, is David a bottom?

I'll never tell!

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2021 12:51 AM

Enough about and with these two vain and pretentious queens, ABC.

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2021 12:53 AM

George always was a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2021 12:54 AM

OP- The title of your thread should be- TWO CLOSET QUEENS CATFIGHT AT ABC NEWS.

by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote] Other than the crazy money I'm sure they're paying him, I don't really know why George stays with GMA given how he views himself as a serious newsman. After the first 30 or 40 minutes, it ceases to be about serious news and becomes just a daily shill for Disney products, plus there's the fact that George clearly has no desire to do any of the "fun" things that go along with being on a morning network show.

He HATES it but he is the highest-paid talent at ABC News so he can't give it up. It's money for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2021 1:35 AM

David is nasty. He takes his socks and shoes off on flights and walks around barefoot, stinking up the whole cabin.

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2021 1:54 AM

George stays on GMA, because as the article states, morning news is where the real powers lies these days. It sounds like George wants to be the morning guy and the breaking news guy. DTM is cuter and younger, but George has more gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2021 2:25 AM

Now we know why Tom Llamas left the network.

David was never leaving that anchor chair & Tom was never getting promoted.

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2021 9:23 AM

[quote]David is nasty. He takes his socks and shoes off on flights and walks around barefoot, stinking up the whole cabin.

You think David would leave first class to walk by your last row in steerage?

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2021 9:32 AM

I don't follow cunty "news" queens, but isn't the real story here the item that Robert Iger *personally* mediated the spat? That sounds way off. As someone upthread said, network news isn't the big deal it once was. Iger has way more pressing issues w/China alone. Between that & all the industry Black Swans that could rear their ugly heads at any moment (like the Britney Spears mess), I have a hard time believing he's blowing the golden whistle that sends two aging news nellies to the penalty box.

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2021 9:50 AM

R53

I want to know how Bob/ABC managed DTM to stay quiet about his personal life and stay in the closet.

Did they dangle the Chief Anchor position to him in exchange to play the part of slave to my job/haven’t had time to marry a lady and have kids bit?

Has to be more to that story than DTM scared of being gay.

by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2021 10:28 AM

Not to be outdone---Attention Whores Andy Cohen and his ManWife Anderson Cooper dropped this SELF PROCLAIMED "adorable" video of Anderson playing "daddy" with one of their brats....They have no shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2021 10:34 AM

Oh Liz who cares about a couple of fags?

by Anonymousreply 56March 3, 2021 10:47 AM

Is Ali a beard?

I thought that was true love.

by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2021 11:40 AM

David its safe to come out now, you got promoted!

It’s all happening!!!

by Anonymousreply 58March 3, 2021 11:41 AM

I've never cared for Muir. He seems rather full of himself and that greasy hair is off-putting. He looks like a bohunk.

by Anonymousreply 59March 3, 2021 11:48 AM

DTM reminds me of an instagram influencer masking as a news anchor .

by Anonymousreply 60March 3, 2021 12:03 PM

R60 it's all corporate, 1% bullshit anyway so who gives a fuck if your anchor looks like a filler-jacked insta whore? It's oddly fitting.

The need for gravitas is long dead.

by Anonymousreply 61March 3, 2021 12:18 PM

[quote] There's been rumors for years that George is gay and married Alex Wentworth in an arrangement so both could have kids.

I remember reading that on one of the old gossip boards. Hilary had a nickname for him with the word queen in it apparently.

by Anonymousreply 62March 3, 2021 12:32 PM

The problem is neither Muir nor Stephanopoulos. It's the shitty management at ABC. That corporation doesn't need either one of these guys. On-air personalities come and go all the time. If either of them gets out of line, shit can the culprit for cause and put another lightweight in the spot.

Give them one, "Alexis! Crystal! You're both pretty!" and then if there is any more crap from either of them, 'Buh-bye!'

by Anonymousreply 63March 3, 2021 12:36 PM

r63 I thought the same thing, but then why the fuck is Robert Iger involved, unless that's bullshit. If it is why put it out there?

by Anonymousreply 64March 3, 2021 12:55 PM

Because it is easier to maintain the status quo than to go through the publicity and marketing gyrations required to replace these two divas. It can be done. It is done regularly. It is Iger's job as the boss to lay down the law. These problems will always arise with highly-compensated high-profile employees. When it happens, they need these guys need to be shown the boundaries and the boundaries have to be enforced. That never changes.

The bigger question might be 'how did Iger's smack down get leaked to the media?' Because that's how he enforces it. They have been told. And we all know it. if they don't quiet down, Iger has laid the foundation for ousting them. And there is no way he flew to New York just for his. He flies to New York all the time and handled this in the course of a few meetings over a few hours. But it now seems that it was done and the rest is up to the boys themselves. Deal with it or kill the goose that lays their golden eggs.

by Anonymousreply 65March 3, 2021 1:06 PM

r65 that's well below his pay grade. JFC, I'd be goddamn embarrassed if I'm in the command chain below him, & I couldn't handle this in-house before it even became an item on Iger's radar. The management must be shit there.

by Anonymousreply 66March 3, 2021 1:24 PM

It's not below his pay grade if the other senior managers have tried and failed to put down the rebellion. Divas will always push the boundaries until they are smacked down by the person in charge.

by Anonymousreply 67March 3, 2021 1:40 PM

Life always falls into one or two categories. Life is either high school that never ends or "All About Eve". George is not going to let that little Eve Harrington get a single inch on him.

by Anonymousreply 68March 3, 2021 1:45 PM

r54 DTM might be in his 40s but he has the old school mentality, that how he got this far. He aint NEVER discussing his personal life. Peter Jennings probably advised him to keep that shit to himself many years ago. So ABC has never forced him to not discuss his personal life, they'd have to force him to come out.

by Anonymousreply 69March 3, 2021 2:00 PM

R16 and R62, I would believe the arrangement between George and Ali is just that...an arrangement. She came from a very blue blood family and was raised to marry well. (She writes about it extensively in most of her books.) Not to be catty, but I had to unfollow her on IG after all the nauseating posts of her gushing over her BFFs Mariska Hargitay and Brooke Shields every chance she got. I distinctly remember thing, "This woman likes the ladies." It's not like a normal BFF thing...she seems obsessed with them.

by Anonymousreply 70March 3, 2021 2:16 PM

[quote]Georgie is full blooded Greek and his hairline starts at his toes, goes straight up over and back down.

I just bet he has a gorgeous bush.

by Anonymousreply 71March 3, 2021 2:46 PM

Unlike others here, I can see why Iger got involved if that's true. It would be a huge PR embarrassment for ABC if George or David was to up and run to another network, which I'm sure Iger would not want to see happen.

by Anonymousreply 72March 3, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]So ABC has never forced him to not discuss his personal life, they'd have to force him to come out.

At this point, you'd have to wonder if ABC would actually do a dance of joy if he came out. Imagine all the attention and press (magazine covers) he'd get from that. I'm sure the network suits would love that shit.

by Anonymousreply 73March 3, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote]—Top that, Lester!

moaned DTM as he arched his back and presented his hole to the well respected newsman.

by Anonymousreply 74March 3, 2021 3:02 PM

Just come out David. We ALL know he’s gay. Live your life. We’ll respect you more.

by Anonymousreply 75March 3, 2021 3:25 PM

Would totally like David more if he came out. Like if would acknowledge his boyfriend and it would make him soo much more relatable.

Understand if he wants to be private, but he has hidden his romantic life completely. It’s like he is embarrassed to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 76March 3, 2021 5:27 PM

I honestly think David has very little personal life to share in the first place. I know the "slave to the job" thing we laugh about, but he strikes me as someone who is actually a real workaholic perfectionist, who has little time for anything but work. He had to be this way to accomplish the things he has at his age. He probably dates off and on with guys that aren't really worth sharing. Its not like he has a whole husband like Gio Benitez or a wife like Robin Roberts. The network would want him to have a nice wholesome husband/long term partner, he can't just step out with some hoe that he calls up every blue moon.

by Anonymousreply 77March 3, 2021 6:40 PM

R77

David has a boyfriend, he share his West Village Brownstone with him and the dog.

Agreed his job his his life and maybe his relationship his more companionship at this point than true love.

by Anonymousreply 78March 3, 2021 7:03 PM

Miss Tyler Muir clawed her way to the top (even though she's a bottom) and she isn't about to let Squinty McSquirrelwig steal her thunder!

by Anonymousreply 79March 3, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote] Understand if he wants to be private, but he has hidden his romantic life completely.

Can you imagine? The audacity!

by Anonymousreply 80March 3, 2021 7:06 PM

r78 how come there aren't any pics of the boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 81March 3, 2021 7:08 PM

R78

Because David doesn’t want the world to know he is gay!

by Anonymousreply 82March 3, 2021 7:23 PM

I think that David doesn't want to become the story, which is why he keeps his boyfriend and his private life out of the streets.

by Anonymousreply 83March 3, 2021 8:47 PM

One thing is to keep your personal life private.

But David goes to extreme lengths to keep his romantic life hidden.

Like he doesn’t want his audience to know he is gay or it would wreck the fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 84March 3, 2021 8:51 PM

i watch DTM do the news every night. he does a very good job reading it. you want someone with very little personality delivering the nightly news. i was a brian williams fan for years and look where he ended up.

stephanopoulos is an entitled piece of shit. 60 year old itsy bitsy man who makes $15 million a year bitching and crying because he should be called "chief anchor" and how dare they give that title to the guy who actually anchors the nightly news and has huge ratings?? like fuck off george. boo fucking hoo. and now baby george gets handed a production company with his insufferable wife (agree with poster above who said her mariska hargitay love is off the chain).

team DTM (with his hidden ex-model compass agent bf) all the way.

by Anonymousreply 85March 3, 2021 9:01 PM

Hopefully George will still do election/debate coverage.

Don’t think DTM is skilled enough to handle those special events.

by Anonymousreply 86March 3, 2021 9:05 PM

R78 pictures of Kyle have been posted here. If I recall, at the house David owns in upstate New York,

by Anonymousreply 87March 3, 2021 9:24 PM

There have been reports that some have seen George naked in the gym lockerroom. Confirmation, please? Also, anyone ever see David full frontal?

by Anonymousreply 88March 3, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote] Andrew Sullivan (same gym) has a nice piece of meat between his legs.

Did Andrew lift up his fat folds so you could see his junk?

by Anonymousreply 89March 3, 2021 9:45 PM

r88 old in 2014 some guy who hooked up with DTM posted details and said he had huge balls.

by Anonymousreply 90March 3, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote]and now baby george gets handed a production company with his insufferable wife

Ali Wentworth is insufferable, completely unfunny and I can't figure out what her utility is supposed to be in life. It makes total sense that ABC would fold in a job for the missus to keep George happy.

by Anonymousreply 91March 3, 2021 11:03 PM

I met that frau Ali Wentworth once in a social setting and she was cold, dull and never smiled.

Nice wife George.

by Anonymousreply 92March 3, 2021 11:20 PM

George is a sour puss when it comes to the lighter stuff that the morning shows do - Halloween, cooking segments, games. But that's all part of morning tv. Go somewhere else if you hate that stuff. Go to CBS. I hear they don’t do cooking segments or concerts, but they are also in 3rd place in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 93March 3, 2021 11:25 PM

Kyle’s photos posted were from various events, that David wouldn’t be in the same picture. Also, his headshots for his Compass Real Estate profile.

Don’t think he has been photographed at David’s mansion upstate. But David’s BIL has mentioned/tagged him from time to time.

When your BF won’t be in the same pic with you-that’s not keeping your personal life private, that’s being scared to be seen with the person.

by Anonymousreply 94March 3, 2021 11:27 PM

Morning shows are for basic fraus, nobody else watches them. The regular news shows are more prestigious.

by Anonymousreply 95March 4, 2021 12:05 AM

exactly r95 and that's why it's just absurd that george thinks he deserves lead anchor (or chief anchor whatever the fuck it's called) over DTM who does anchor the top rated nightly news broadcast. what a fucking ego on that short asshole.

whatever issues DTM has with being closeted and ashamed of his bf - it doesn't negate the fact that he has worked his way up and does a good job every night.

too bad they didn't just cut george loose.

by Anonymousreply 96March 4, 2021 12:17 AM

Oh Kyle Cartwright Lee, stuck up for your man.

But darlind, You still won’t be his plus one!

by Anonymousreply 97March 4, 2021 12:21 AM

David Muir's looks are a big reason people tune into the nightly news when he's the anchor. George doesn't seem to realize that. ABC isn't going to oust the hot guy when he's bringing in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 98March 4, 2021 12:30 AM

the HOT guy that women pretend is not gay, so they can lust after.

by Anonymousreply 99March 4, 2021 12:31 AM

ehhhh i think a lot of women realize DTM might be gay. he doesn't exactly scream heterosexual. handsome is handsome. fraus can appreciate a hot gay.

by Anonymousreply 100March 4, 2021 12:45 AM

ugh he blends in to be straight, not homosexual.

most people don’t even know who he is and glancing at his pic he does not scream HOMO.

by Anonymousreply 101March 4, 2021 12:53 AM

Yeah women generally dont care as long as the guy is good looking. Its not like they are sleeping with them!

Stephanopoulos and Muir both have zero to no celebrity interview skills too, which is why they even have to fight over the hard news thing in the first place. A lot of the morning news programs aren't just cooking and games anymore, they have transformed them into live interview platforms for celebrities who are in the headlines on the blogs & in social media.

That's one thing Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer had over these guys, they could do both with ease. I cant see either of these two doing a Whitney Houston style interview one day, and then anchoring the nightly news or interviewing the president the next day. The women had more versatility. In any case this gives Michael Strahan and Robin Roberts tons of job security.

by Anonymousreply 102March 4, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote]Morning shows are for basic fraus, nobody else watches them.

Doesn't matter. The morning shows are where networks (at least ABC and NBC) make their money. Those shows print money and the 7:00 hour of those shows have traditionally been reserved for harder news segments.

by Anonymousreply 103March 4, 2021 1:05 AM

ABC could have promoted straight anchor Tom Llamas to end this drama, but I believe that Iger is more than happy to have closeted gay men lead the most popular news programs. It's okay for Robin to be openly be gay; however, that's probably due to the cancer thing since the general public now has a soft spot for her because of her very public struggles. But David and George are probably required to remain in the closet in order to attract the gay audience but also to retain the straight viewership. Hell, even Strahan pings to high Heaven, so he fits in perfectly. Iiger wants to push the illusion that ABC is the network of inclusivity, even though the vast majority of its talent is Caucasian.

But both David and George appear to be difficult work personalities. David had issues in the past with Gio Benitez and Tom Llamas and more recently, there is visible tension between him and Ginger Zee and Rob Marciano. Who knows what that's all about. And of course there is Hillary Clinton's legendary epithet against George when she referred to him as a "bitchy queen."

I don't doubt George is the smarter of the two, but he doesn't draw the crowds that David does. George has maybe 5 good years left, but David has the real staying power.

As for their closetedness, they are both deeply religious men. David is Catholic and George is Greek Orthodox. That is probably why they will never come out. My .02.

by Anonymousreply 104March 4, 2021 1:16 AM

George S. has subbed an anchor for World News Tonight on several occasions.

It is always a very awkward experience watching him trying to anchor. While George can read the teleprompter easily, George gives off weird vibes. Doesn't come across as comfortable or accessible. Seems closed and stand-offish.

David Tyler Muir may not be as smart as George, but he comes across as completely comfortable anchoring. Comes across as open and accessible.

After those handful of times of George anchoring World News Tongiht, it was very obvious that DTM was the better pick to anchor.

by Anonymousreply 105March 4, 2021 1:39 AM

Lester is better than them both, but DTM will get there. He's just not there yet.

by Anonymousreply 106March 4, 2021 1:42 AM

Lester Holt is definitely NOT network anchor material, rather homely and a big downgrade from Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 107March 4, 2021 2:01 AM

I have no dog in this fight, but if George Stephanopoulos was not making them shitloads of money, they would not bend over backwards to make him happy. I think the more interesting questions are how this story was so well hidden for so long and why it is coming out now.

by Anonymousreply 108March 4, 2021 2:05 AM

R103. I don't believe that Stephanopoulos is gay. Muir, yes, but George no.

by Anonymousreply 109March 4, 2021 2:23 AM

Anyone else a regular ABC nightly news viewer who saw last week when the audio cut off for Dr. Jah and DTM had to briefly improvise and looked fire pissed? It was a sight to behold. The following night when Dr. Jah was on again, DTM made a bitchy comment about how good thing they could actually HEAR him this time.

Liked seeing his feathers get ruffled since he’s so controlled.

by Anonymousreply 110March 4, 2021 2:32 AM

Has anyone else noticed how ABC's World News Tonight always presents the most homoerotic clips of all the networks? They always make sure to interview the hottest men for any given story, they show Where's-Waldo-type snippets that feature male bulges and/or bubble butts and or half-naked men, and they do this regardless of the topic. It's as if the videographers are giving a nod to their gay anchor. David seems to enjoy it. I know I sure do. And I love when David flirts with Rob Marciano. Crooked smile: "Hey, Rob!" He used to do this with Jesse Palmer as well. I wish he'd flirt with Chris Reeve's son, Will, who isn't featured nearly enough.

by Anonymousreply 111March 4, 2021 2:37 AM

David is a homo. George is not.

by Anonymousreply 112March 4, 2021 2:46 AM

Who cares? They're just a couple of fags.

by Anonymousreply 113March 4, 2021 2:51 AM

George’s wife got covid. He did not. Were they not having ‘relations’???? Hmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 114March 4, 2021 2:57 AM

I think all you people complimenting David Muir on his journalism skills ought to remember that interview he did with Trump where he acted like a lapdog, never following up on questions, never calling Trump out on his false statements.

People like Chris Wallace and Savannah Guthrie and Jonathan Swan showed how that should be done. I think George S. would have been tougher on Trump, so I think he's a better journalist. Reading news into a camera is not really the sign of a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 115March 4, 2021 3:20 AM

Yep R115, and didn't Muir moderate one of the debates between Trump and Hillary? He did a terrible job at that too. He's only good at being pretty and reading from a teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 116March 4, 2021 3:23 AM

That's what I meant when I said that DTM can adjust in the moment, unless it's on the teleprompter or someone is whispering in his ear. He just doesn't have that ability... yet. I think he can get there, but he needs more time and he needs to be quicker on his feet.

by Anonymousreply 117March 4, 2021 3:28 AM

[quote]David had issues in the past with Gio Benitez

What the tea there gurl?? Did Gio curse his ass out in Spanish?

by Anonymousreply 118March 4, 2021 3:33 AM

David makes fraus cream their panties. George? No, not at all. David will get whatever he wants at ABC.

by Anonymousreply 119March 4, 2021 3:40 AM

r118 DTM made a point of mentoring Gio when Gio started at ABC in 2013.

Some here at DataLounge think Gio and David had an affair as well. However, there is no proof of it, jut speculation.

by Anonymousreply 120March 4, 2021 4:07 AM

R118 Gio is a NObody at ABC. He helps their minority numbers. Nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 121March 4, 2021 4:08 AM

R114, I believe George did test positive for COVID shortly after his wife did, though don't hold me to that.

by Anonymousreply 122March 4, 2021 6:04 AM

R122, you're correct. George and Ali both had it, but not at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 123March 4, 2021 6:23 AM

For a comedienne, could Ali Wentworth be any less funny? Jesus, she's awful.

by Anonymousreply 124March 4, 2021 7:03 AM

David was furious when Gio went public with his relationship with Tommy. And when the marriage was announced, all Gio got were fluff pieces, if that. He was no longer featured as prominently, and sometimes not at all. It took quite a while for Gio to work his way back into David's good graces, and that only happened after David found a new pet when Marciano joined the show. But now there's new drama because Ginger Zee, who's supposed to be the head meteorologist, felt slighted after David started showing a bit of favoritism toward hunky Rob. That conflict in turn has caused Rob to turn a bit cold as well. David and Ginger were really good friends before this, so the situation has become rather awkward for David. This type of preferential behavior on David's part was also a contributing factor to Tom Llamas's less-than-amicable departure.

by Anonymousreply 125March 4, 2021 8:33 AM

Snuffleguppulous not only has a great bush but he is intact. It is pretty small but he is a bottom so that's fine. The hair is real.

by Anonymousreply 126March 4, 2021 9:01 AM

What’s the beef between Dave & Ginger?

by Anonymousreply 127March 4, 2021 9:19 AM

Dave doesn’t like women. Simple as that. They have that pussy thing down there instead of a cock.

by Anonymousreply 128March 4, 2021 9:38 AM

Ginger was his date to all events back in the day, so apparently he likes women. Proud to have a girl on his arm, not a man. So that’s how respectful he is to the gay community.

And he also wants to fuck Kelly Ripa.

by Anonymousreply 129March 4, 2021 9:48 AM

David apparently is full of himself to think we care if he is gay or straight.

He is practically 50 and a seasoned anchor, not a correspondent climbing the corporate scales.

Makes one wonder what he is afraid of to be gay& seen as a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 130March 4, 2021 11:45 AM

R125 is that actual inside info you have or fan fic?

R130 - I think DTM sadly cares what middle America thinks of him and I guess a lot of the deplorables don’t want a gay man reading them the news every night? I’m an ignorant queen in NYC so this seems absurd to me but I have no concept of what the viewers in the Midwest and south are like. I would assume the homophobes watch Fox News and don’t even turn on ABC, but who knows? Sometimes I think I’m in such a bubble I assume we are much further along in terms of acceptance than we actually are...

by Anonymousreply 131March 4, 2021 1:31 PM

I never understood why Hollywood celebs or musicians got the worse reps when it came to egos. The most egotistical assholes are in journalism.

by Anonymousreply 132March 4, 2021 1:36 PM

Think David has a massive ego, gets off on 50 something women thinking he is hot, so he needs to keep his boyfriend a secret.

by Anonymousreply 133March 4, 2021 2:16 PM

Ali was funny in the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" episode as Jerry's girlfriend, they were constantly making out and calling each other Schmoopy. Other than that, she hasn't done much else I've found funny.

by Anonymousreply 134March 4, 2021 2:52 PM

Evidently they have no ambition to be another Huntley and Brinkley. Of course, that was NBC a generation ago.

by Anonymousreply 135March 4, 2021 3:15 PM

Evidently they have no ambition to be another Huntley and Brinkley. Of course that was a generation ago on NBC. No cameo on the Flintstones for you, George!

by Anonymousreply 136March 4, 2021 3:18 PM

David is more of a presenter & teleprompter reader. That’s why he will do good with the Breaking News. He also has a personality and would have faired better @ GMA.

George is better at the political dialogue which is why he should still be doing the Election/Debate coverage. He is bland and should be doing WNT.

by Anonymousreply 137March 4, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote]The women had more versatility.

Hey! I'm versatile! Just ask Gio.

by Anonymousreply 138March 4, 2021 4:48 PM

[quote]Evidently they have no ambition to be another Huntley and Brinkley. Of course that was a generation ago on NBC.

Try TWO generations ago. If not three.

by Anonymousreply 139March 4, 2021 4:49 PM

I'm wondering why a reply I made here re Huntley and Brinkley wouldn't show up. Does that mean I'm on OP's ignore? Other replies I made show up fine.

by Anonymousreply 140March 4, 2021 5:01 PM

O, wtf? Never mind!

by Anonymousreply 141March 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Of course David Muir is gay. If he were straight, we would know about it even if he remained unmarried. People don't hide the fact or be evasive or secretive if they're straight.

by Anonymousreply 142March 4, 2021 5:13 PM

R142

Agreed—that the marriage part is redundant during these days, but straight people don’t go to great lengths to conceal their romantic life.

David won’t even follow his boyfriend on instagram. So on top of being hidden in closet, seems a little disrespectful to his partner.

by Anonymousreply 143March 4, 2021 7:18 PM

Maybe is man is really hot and he doesn't want you thirsty bitches circling like starving animals

by Anonymousreply 144March 5, 2021 1:35 AM

think george is jealous of david’s record-breaking ratings this week...

by Anonymousreply 145March 6, 2021 1:01 PM

A production company and evening specials means George lost.

by Anonymousreply 146March 6, 2021 3:28 PM

rumors were george was going to join anderson cooper & don lemon.

by Anonymousreply 147March 6, 2021 5:31 PM

They should have let George walk. I always found him overrated.

by Anonymousreply 148March 6, 2021 5:41 PM

George also has the sunday political show, which is a big fucking deal. What else more did he want?

To be a closeted insta model, passing the time as the weekday 6:30 anchor?

by Anonymousreply 149March 6, 2021 8:47 PM

George is great with the political stuff, not so much with anchoring,

Robin Roberts really helps George look good at GMA.

by Anonymousreply 150March 6, 2021 9:43 PM

That’s why Robin sits in the middle. GMA is her show, not his.

She makes the most on ABC-$17 million to work 4 days a week.

by Anonymousreply 151March 6, 2021 11:10 PM

David makes $5 million.

George & Robin make $15-17 million.

Break that down, Bob Iger!

by Anonymousreply 152March 6, 2021 11:11 PM

I read that Hillary Clinton once referred to Stephanopoulos as a "queen".

A number of years ago I saw a behind the scenes clip on youtube with Muir and a female in it. He reacted to something she said by crossing his wrists against his chest and in a really faggy voice. If that guy isn't gay neither was Liberace.

by Anonymousreply 153March 7, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote] rumors were george was going to join anderson cooper & don lemon.

A 3-way? I didn't even know that Anderson and Lemon were doing it.

by Anonymousreply 154March 7, 2021 4:03 AM

[quote] George is Greek Orthodox

His father is a priest.

by Anonymousreply 155March 7, 2021 4:28 AM

David projects masculinity for the job, but comes off effeminate in private.

by Anonymousreply 156March 7, 2021 5:09 AM

The drama continues: George missing from the sunday show.

by Anonymousreply 157March 7, 2021 3:49 PM

Despite his name being part of the title, George only hosts This Week With George Stephanopoulos a couple of times a month.

Jonathan Karl or Martha Raddatz fill in as hosts on the weeks George is not there.

by Anonymousreply 158March 7, 2021 10:06 PM

George smells - down there. Too much hair down there.

by Anonymousreply 159March 8, 2021 1:24 AM

David has his 1st job as Chief Anchor this Thursday-hopefully he can handle breaking news!

by Anonymousreply 160March 9, 2021 3:23 PM

Stop lying R159 he showers twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 161March 9, 2021 3:31 PM

R153 he called her a dyke and Hillary said. "I don't care what that bitchy little queen says about me."

by Anonymousreply 162March 9, 2021 3:33 PM

Team David!

by Anonymousreply 163March 10, 2021 6:55 AM

DTM's ego is massive enough without this victory and title. Can't imagine how insufferable he must be now.

That said, David does a great job anchoring the evening news. He comes off as warm, sincere, knowledgeable and trustworthy, all the qualities an anchor should have.

The few times George has ever subbed in, he was been very stiff and awkward, just like he is every day on GMA. Robin Robert earns her salary just by making George come off as warm and sincere .

George's expertise is with the political stuff. He is quite knowledgeable and good at anchoring This Week. He was also very good anchoring all the election coverage in November.

The evening news anchor is the chief anchor. He should have say over the network content.

So, I am reluctantly Team David.

by Anonymousreply 164March 10, 2021 9:14 PM

Didn't George anchor both impeachment hearings? My impression is that he does for ABC what Brian Williams does over on MSNBC, which is handle all of the major breaking news stories.

by Anonymousreply 165March 10, 2021 9:47 PM

George is 100% better at the political stuff than David.

DTM never was a WH Corespondent, George worked in the WH & knows how DC works.

GS should keep doing the Elections/Debates & David should handle the breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 166March 10, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote]GS should keep doing the Elections/Debates & David should handle the breaking news.

Excellent points r166. I agree. Let George handle political stuff, David handle the breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 167March 10, 2021 10:55 PM

George is 60. He's getting old. They're not going to invest too much more into him.

by Anonymousreply 168March 10, 2021 11:07 PM

Get David some political skills & he’s got the job!

by Anonymousreply 169March 10, 2021 11:24 PM

Dave did some breaking news today!!!

by Anonymousreply 170March 11, 2021 10:19 PM

R6 Monica Lewinsky wanted to blow George originally. That was her goal until she realized he had access to better poon when he was young. Then she went for Clinton since the guy was limited in his options being trapped in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 171March 11, 2021 10:24 PM

Girls! Girls! You're both overpaid annoying assholes!

by Anonymousreply 172March 11, 2021 10:45 PM

David is a perfectionist!

He has worked his whole life for this moment-He has even stayed in the closet to be an anchor!

by Anonymousreply 173March 11, 2021 11:21 PM

David should have been an entertainment reporter.

You know he would rather talk about JLO’s breakup tonight instead of politics.

by Anonymousreply 174March 12, 2021 8:36 PM

David likes the peen.

by Anonymousreply 175March 12, 2021 9:22 PM

Maybe David and George are ex-lovers. Of course, the question then becomes who was the top.

by Anonymousreply 176March 12, 2021 10:24 PM

The top/bottom thing is so dated.

by Anonymousreply 177March 12, 2021 11:10 PM

Is Mr. Muir a top or bottom???

by Anonymousreply 178March 12, 2021 11:11 PM

Video Clip = ABC 2015 Upfronts video. David Muir in Annaliese Keetings HTGAWM Class?...Yep. He has a few cringe lines : "so when does all the murder start" (1:48).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 12, 2021 11:48 PM

Only to humorless twats like yourself, R177.

by Anonymousreply 180March 13, 2021 12:03 AM

R179

Is that’s Dave’s normal gay-or his deep straight voice?

by Anonymousreply 181March 13, 2021 1:09 AM

Join the modern world r180.

by Anonymousreply 182March 13, 2021 1:40 AM

Georgie is back on his Sunday Political Show!

He should invite David on and see how DTM can talk politics w/o his script.

by Anonymousreply 183March 14, 2021 2:36 PM

George farted on live tv yesterday. Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 184March 15, 2021 11:15 AM

George got the Biden interview.

David has to report it!

Who won now?

by Anonymousreply 185March 16, 2021 10:31 PM

David Tyler has got these special reports down tight.

by Anonymousreply 186April 19, 2021 9:56 PM

David heading up the political panel tonight.

They really put George out to pasture.

by Anonymousreply 187April 28, 2021 2:48 PM

David averages 8-9 million viewers a night. George is been by a little over 3 million on GMA. David rules!

by Anonymousreply 188April 28, 2021 3:42 PM

It’s possible David will do the Debates/Elections if he is doing the speech tonight.

George would never sit on David’s panel, but David always sat on George’s.

David is a professional & George is jealous.

by Anonymousreply 189April 28, 2021 3:55 PM

No surprise that George got the Biden interview. He works for the Democratic Party and has since he was with the Clintons. This is why he offers powder puff questions to Joe.

by Anonymousreply 190April 28, 2021 4:07 PM

George was holding onto a position that never should have been his. He is a workaholic & David is going to have to learn to give up alot of free time for Breaking News.

David probably signed that contract for WNT & let GS have Chief Anchor position which should have been his the whole time like any other network.

by Anonymousreply 191April 28, 2021 4:42 PM

La Muir is on a roll.

George is not joining the panel because he is a pussy & DTM is going to be making all the ladies wet tonight!

by Anonymousreply 192April 28, 2021 11:30 PM

David makes me drip pre.

by Anonymousreply 193April 29, 2021 9:40 AM

David did a good job, but they need to lose that fat slob Chris Christie.

by Anonymousreply 194April 29, 2021 11:23 AM

David does 1 Political Panel late night and takes off the next day.

George would never do that.

by Anonymousreply 195April 30, 2021 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!