Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

European Children O'Gays

Do gay couples in Europe have the urge to have spawn like here in the US? Most of my friends here who are coupled have kids or are in the process of starting a family, but it seems like EU gays are less so interested.

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2021 12:56 AM

I think it's more common with lesbian couples than gay ones. It's also easier for them because surrogacy is illegal in a lot of countries (even 'altruistic' surrogacy)

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 11:56 PM

Given that there are a lot more benefits in many Western European countries, I assume it would be easier. I knew a lesbian couple who never thought of having kids until one got a job in Madrid. They had a daughter and lived there until she was 6. The one that gave birth got 1 year of paid maternity and the other took 6 months. When her job ended she HATED being a parent in the US despite having a good job in academia. In Madrid kids spend way more time outdoors, come home tired and sleep and are just more relaxed. They really would like to go back because they said they see the difference in the girl's behavior. Our society panders to the Christian "multiply" idea politically but doesn't really create happy kids.

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2021 12:10 AM

You see, Euros don't have to play the welfare game like your mother & sister exploited. That's their version of trapping a man who doesn't want them. You won't let go w/your IT skills

Have some pride already!

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2021 12:20 AM

R2/OP, there's o difference in kids going outside & being tired. THAT'S YOUR CHILDHOOD w/a lazy welfare crackho for a mom.

Real parents w/dad present took their kids places. Playing ball in yard, family vacations, weekends at the beach

Your only difference is your skin tone & that you didn't live in project housing. You just sat around and doodled with pencil & paper

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2021 12:26 AM

I am not the OP idiot R3 or R4. I meant that the governments there are more invested in society and certainly being outside after school and homework is healthier than inside surfing the net. Sorry, I don't see children out here as obese and filled with Ritalin and the education system doesn't even begin to compare. How about the US teach a foreign language properly? I don't know whose mother and sister you are talking about but I assure you, my two friends are both academics who are very invested in their daughter's education. I suspect you are either high or a Trump supporter?

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2021 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!