Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What should my next book be?

My last book was Pride and Prejudice. I liked it.

Going to the library this week. Find me something, DL.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 5:18 AM

Emma

Crimson Petal and the White

The Death of Artemio Cruz

Love in the Time of Cholera or One Hundred Years of Solitude

Never Let Me Go

A Thousand Acres

Foucaults' Pendulum

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 8:18 PM

DL recommends the Mapp and Lucia books by EF Benson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 8:21 PM

Pat the Bunny

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 9:46 PM

Don’t read Benson’s Miss Mapp; it’s a bore. Mapp and Lucia, however, is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 9:51 PM

Hilary Mantel's trilogy about Thomas Cromwell:

Wolf Hall, Bring Up the Bodies and The Mirror and the Light

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 9:56 PM

Thomas Mann's The Buddenbrooks is one of my favorite novels of all time, OP. Definitely worth a read.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 9:58 PM

Brideshead Revisited, so you can join all those discussions.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2021 3:16 AM

The Power of the Subconscious Mind

In The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, Dr. Joseph Murphy gives you the tools you will need to unlock the awesome powers of your subconscious mind. You can improve your relationships, your finances, your physical well-being. Once you learn how to use this unbelievably powerful force there is nothing you will not be able to accomplish. Join the millions of people who have already unlocked the power of their subconscious minds. I urge you to study this book and apply the techniques outlined therein; and as you do, I feel absolutely convinced that you will lay hold of a miracle-working power that will lift you up from confusion, misery, melancholy, and failure, and guide you to your true place, solve your difficulties, sever you from emotional and physical bondage, and place you on the royal road to freedom, happiness, and peace of mind.- Dr. Joseph Murphy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2021 3:22 AM

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2021 3:54 AM

Try reading Persuasion, by Jane Austen, it's my second favorite of hers after Pride and Prejudice

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2021 4:08 AM

GHOST WALL by Sarah Moss.

Barely a novella at 130 pages. It really does live up to hype on the three pages of raving reviews in the blurbs at the front of the book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2021 4:48 AM

The 120 Days Of Sodom.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2021 5:14 AM

Nancy Drew in the Case of the Missing Toilet Paper

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 5:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!