Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift calls out Netflix, 'Ginny & Georgia' for 'deeply sexist' joke about her

And left-wing social media is applauding her and calling it historic misogyny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2021 3:16 AM

It’s not sexist. Many jokes have been made about men who date much younger women and nobody sounded the alarm. This little narcissist just can’t take criticism.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 6:40 PM

Awww poor, conventionally attractive white women with rich parents who have billions in the bank. I'm so glad Taylor Swift is finally giving a voice to this neglected demographic.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 6:42 PM

she didn't have this energy to call out neo nazis using her likeness in 2016

fuck off victim ass bitch

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 6:44 PM

Taylor Swift and Zendaya are the liners equivalent of a Karen. Labeling people as “sexist” or “racist” if they criticize or refuse special treatment to their entitled celebrity asses.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 6:49 PM

*Liberal equivalent

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 6:49 PM

This is where she should own it like a grown woman and laugh. Bleak times, these are.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 6:51 PM

If anyone felt like joking about the amazing amount of really good dick I have gotten in my life, I would welcome it with a giant guffaw.

Especially if I was rolling in cash.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 7:01 PM

As Fey & Poehler have been advised, there's a special place in Hell for people - specifically other women - who attempt to make a joke at Taylor's expense.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 7:06 PM

What is all the fuss about? It's true.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 7:08 PM

She's gotten so tiresome and tedious. Me thinks it's because she can't get a hit song anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 7:08 PM

R8 That was the moment Taylor jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 7:11 PM

I knew this bitch was nuts the very first time I saw her on the Bonnie Hunt show and instead of promoting her music she chose to use most of her time bashing Joe Jonas for dumping her.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote] "What do you care? You go through men faster than Taylor Swift."

That's what she is so upset about?

Someone should make a playlist of all of her songs about ex-boyfriends.

And did she ask for Hiddleston's permission when she made back-up dancers wear that infamous "I heart T.S." shirt in one of her videos?

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 7:15 PM

R13 not to mention her OWN sexist lyrics about Camilla Belle! She wrote “ She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress”.....just because Joe Jonas dumped her and moved on to this other woman. Taylor Swift is a classic narcissist. She loves to tear down others who she feels have wronged her, but always cries foul when others come for her fake ass.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 7:20 PM

Taylor doesn't give a crap about any women other than herself. The feminist posturing is deeply self involved and phoney.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 7:22 PM

giving Trump a run for the title Queen of Petty Grievance.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 7:27 PM

"Phew. It's not me. It's sexism."

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 7:30 PM

The Lesbian gets pissed off when she gets called a slut!

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 7:33 PM

R10 That's not the problem for sure, because she is not even trying (the fact that she got number one with a folk song shows she can have hits if she wants).

The problem is she took herself too seriously which is a pity, specially because she laugh at herself in some of her videos

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 7:50 PM

Today in the supermarket, the tannoys got stuck for about fifteen minutes, playing ‘Shake It Off’ on a loop.

I found myself thinking, “wow, this is really a Jonas Brothers filler song.” But what does Tay care, she’s laughing all the way to the bank thanks to her cheap shoddy radio-friendly pablum. She wins.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 7:54 PM

She should be glad anyone is talking about her at all.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 7:58 PM

She always sounded like Suzanne Vega to me. It's odd how two artists with similar sounding vocals can work in two totally different genres of music.

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 8:05 PM

When did society become so obsessed with double standards instead of just calling out poor behavior no matter who does it?

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2021 8:08 PM

The future is humorless. This PC bullshit makes aging and dying less painful

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2021 8:19 PM

It was a harmless joke; I'm watching the series. Taylor, get a life.

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2021 8:21 PM

Oh, fuck her, that poor, downtrodden slut!

Daddy's Little Princess is beyond reproach! Any harmless quip is MISOGYNY against the FEMALE RACE! Maybe if she didn't try so hard to merkin-up, she wouldn't be called a slut!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2021 8:32 PM

huh? why does she even care? isn't she a lesbo?

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2021 8:36 PM

Suddenly I am actually on Scooter's side for a change.

This humourless bitch is up her own ass.

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2021 10:16 PM

The joke was dated and if she had anything most people probably would have just said "boy that show has shitty writing" but now the story is Taylor is humorless and thinks she gets a veto anytime someone mentions her name.

If you didn't want to be a public figure you should have done dinner theater in Bucks County Tay, but then you wouldn't have your Newport beach house.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2021 10:24 PM

She should just shake it off.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2021 10:27 PM

Someone needs to teach Ms. Swift: “Never let em see you sweat”

Why she so pressed? Can’t she just SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE IT OFF?????

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2021 10:44 PM

I, too, was disgusted by the promotion of cannibalism in The Silence Of The Lambs

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2021 10:45 PM

[quote]The joke was dated and if she had anything most people probably would have just said "boy that show has shitty writing" but now the story is Taylor is humorless and thinks she gets a veto anytime someone mentions her name.

The joke is that shit-talking teenagers talk shit about celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 10:46 PM

Can't she just complain to her cat?

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2021 11:50 PM

Team Taylor on this one.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2021 11:52 PM

Thanks for weighing in, r35. We were wondering.

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2021 3:09 AM

Don’t Beyoncé’s fans do the same thing? All’s fair in the STAN world I guess.

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2021 3:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!