Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Suppose you had the ability to cut out any actor from a movie that you want to see by any media...

Who would you pick?

For me it would be Liv Tyler in Armageddon. And maybe Ben Affleck as well. But Liv for sure.

A funny, wild, ridiculous disaster movie, the action keeps getting interrupted with a huge, widescreen filled with the closeups of Liv Tyler.

Bruce Willis's daughter, grew up on oil rigs, but she has perfect lipstick, a polished manicure and stylish dresses. On an oil rig. Or in the mission control room.

Get me the scissors! Bye Liv.

BEGONE!

What's your choice?

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 8:09 PM

Diane Keaton from The Godfather I, II and III. I like her, I like other work of hers, I think she's funny and interesting. As Kay Corleone, she sucked. She dragged Pacino down, she just wasn't good. Miscast.

Angelina Jolie in The Changeling (and everything else). She's a terrible actress and this movie had a real chance. Great supporting cast, fascinating story/case, Clint Eastwood directing, the whole nine yards. Because of Jolie's awfulness and constant presence, the film was ruined.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 6:28 PM

Joan Allen as John Travolta's wife in Face/Off.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 6:44 PM

Armie Hammer in CMBYN. I'd replace him with Aaron Tveit.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 7:06 PM

Ben Affleck from every movie he is in. I'd replace him with Taylor Frey, who looks like his younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 7:07 PM

Issy Demsky from the 1960 Spartacus.

Robert Taylor from the 1950 Quo Vadis.

Michael Denison from the 1952 Importance of Being Earnest

Audie Murphy from the 1958 The Quiet American

John Pringle from the 1933 Queen Christina

Noël Coward from 1950 The Astonished Heart

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote] I'd replace him with Taylor Frey, who looks like his younger brother.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 7:22 PM

Hahahaha, r6. I should have written "who [italic]really[/italic] looks like his younger brother."

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 7:23 PM

Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 7:31 PM

Sofia Coppola...Godfather 3

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 7:41 PM

Sofia was beyond awful, but what's left to salvage in GODFATHER 3? Now it's a merely terrible movie, as opposed to a godawful terrible movie.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 7:44 PM

Julia Roberts in anything.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 7:49 PM

The dance sequence with Cyd Charisse in Singin' in the Rain. By itself it is a great sequence, but has nothing to do with the rest of the movie. On repeated viewings, it slows down the pace.

Singin' is one of my all-time favorite movies that I watch repeatedly. But I always ff thru that scene, (the only thing I ff thru).

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 7:52 PM

Karen Lynn Gorney in Saturday Night Fever. Terrible acting, awful dancer, horribly miscast.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 7:59 PM

John Travolta in Hairspray

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 8:01 PM

Andie MacDowell in Four Wedding and a Funeral. She appeared to be in a completely different film from the rest of the cast.

Cody Horn in Magic Mike. Totally stunk up the joint.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 8:02 PM

Good call, R15. Most of the other performances in MM really work, particularly on repeated viewings.

MM is a strange but entertaining little film worth a second look.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 8:06 PM

Keanu Reeves in Dracula (1992). He's working with Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins....

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 8:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!