Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can anyone recommend a site to discuss TV spoilers?

The IMDb forums were the best for this but nothing that has come out since has been able to replace it. I thought Reddit would be it but they don't have any dedicated boards for TV shows and TV.com looks to have been totally gutted. Anything else?

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2021 8:38 AM

IMDb was so great. I used to go there constantly to find out about some actor or join a discussion about a show I had just watched.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 5:18 PM

What do you mean by “discuss spoilers?” Must discussions of shows here discuss episodes as soon as they are available.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 5:23 PM

R1 I agree. I miss those discussions. It doesn't seem to be a thing now with the loss of those boards and the popularity of binge watching. I'm pretty sure that the creators of those shows would read the IMDb boards as well.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 5:23 PM

Why were the IMDB shut down?

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 5:24 PM

TV Tattle has a forum but I don't know how active it is. They've only instituted a forum fairly recently so I don't know if people really know it exists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 5:26 PM

Take the person (persons) who post about Markle here R4 and multiply by 100,000 for IMDB. Both in number and craziness.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 5:32 PM

R2 Only for certain shows and with no threaded topics.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 5:55 PM

R6 It was mostly on the politics and general boards that were crazy. Sometimes the trolls would descend on the superhero movie boards but 99% of the discussion was civil. Lots of industry people would use the forum to comment or read about what others were saying. That would never happen now.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 5:59 PM

I think the real reason they shut down the boards had nothing to do with politics or racism. The studios probably lobbied to get rid of them because they didn't want their movies to be trashed opening weekend.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]I thought Reddit would be it but they don't have any dedicated boards for TV shows

They sure do. What show are you looking for? Pretty much every current show has its own subreddit, many of them with spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 6:33 PM

Reddit has an r/television subreddit and they have subreddits for WandaVision and the X Files. Search by the name of the show, sometimes you can find other subreddits. There’s one for Marvel, and I think an Avengers one. But I agree, nothing the quality of IMDb.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 7:56 PM

There are subreddits for AbFab, I Love Lucy and The Golden Girls. What the hell else do you want?

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 9:11 PM

I highly suggest you try Television Without Pity.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 9:21 PM

Can I borrow your time machine, R13?

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 9:33 PM

You could join Discord, OP.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2021 8:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!