Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Feels like the first day of spring

Windows are open, suns out, people are out and making noise, birds are singing and the air feels nice. Finally feels like the darkest winter is over and we can move on from the Covid mess and start our lives again.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 3:47 PM

OP, did you know that weather is different in other places? And that in different hemispheres that the seasons are actually reversed?

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 2:22 PM

March here has wild fluctuations but nice right now

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 2:24 PM

It's gray and overcast here in Manhattan (from my windswept terrace, etc.....) Mild at 43 degrees, but rain is expected this afternoon.

I should go for a walk before then.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 2:31 PM

Also in Manhattan and it feels so good to open my windows and let some air in. I’ve been in a much better mood lately and the anticipation of Spring helps. Oh and having new leadership in the White House helps, too.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 2:45 PM

Beautiful day yesterday here in the Ocala National Forest! I went for a 180 mile motorcycle ride on some beautiful back country roads in parts of Florida tourists never see. It felt like the first day of spring here, that's for sure!

But I'd guess none of you are jealous.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 2:54 PM

In my country today is the first day the bars are open, since being closed for quite some time (only opened area of the bars). It's appropriate that us the 1st in a month and also Monday. And it was a sunny day.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 3:01 PM

After a long, cold, snowy February here in Southern Ontario, Spring is on the way. Sunny skies and the temperatures are getting milder. Although it's still going to be very cold tonight, right around 10F. But it's a great day to get out and go for a long walk - which I intend to do!

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 3:05 PM

A couple of days ago I was walking home and much to my surprise, up in a tree I saw - a robin. The first sign of Spring! Gotta love those robins, my all time favorite bird.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 3:10 PM

God bless the robins!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 3:12 PM

Just north of NYC, gray, damp and cold 40F. It’s supposed to go down to 18F overnight. But the promise of spring is in the air as the snow melts and the daylight lasts longer.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 3:14 PM

I am, R5, that sounds wonderful.

OP might live in my state. I'm in Minneapolis, MN - not long ago it was -40 temps, wind chill. And everyone here will tell you it was a mild winter. I hated every second of it.. we now have 40/50 degrees in the forecast and the sun is out most of the week. At least I can be outside again, and there's some hope.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 3:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!