Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazon Changed Their Icon!

It took me forever to find it on my iPhone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2021 10:37 AM

Bad move from a design standpoint, as the cardboard brown doesn't pop out at you.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 1:37 PM

It still,looks like a curved dick.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 1:39 PM

r1 Right???

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 1:40 PM

[QUOTE] Bad move from a design standpoint, as the cardboard brown doesn't pop out at you.

It certainly pops out to some of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 1:41 PM

I’ve heard their app is shitty.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 1:41 PM

Don't know where you heard that, r5. I prefer shopping/browsing their app over their website.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 1:43 PM

I read reviews from the Apple store page, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 1:48 PM

I noticed the change on my iPad, but not on my phone (Android). I wonder if it's an IOS vs. Android thing.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 1:51 PM

I thought the app was missing too. I’m running low on lube.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 1:59 PM

I have an iPhone and it hasn’t changed (yet).

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 2:13 PM

who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 2:28 PM

that's weird, mine is still the old one with a shopping cart in the icon

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 2:46 PM

Still the shopping cart, not the brown bag with the banana sneer.

(Android. Europe.)

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote]I’ve heard their app is shitty.

I hate using it. I do amazon on my computer. But I prefer to do most things on my computer, instead of teeny tiny typing on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 3:07 PM

To me it stands out more on my iPhone. I always had trouble finding the app with old icon.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 3:10 PM

They announced this over a month ago. The change is being rolled out gradually so some will have the new icon, and some will still have the old. Eventually, everyone will be changed over to the new icon. It may not pop out, but it is very identifiable as an Amazon logo - like the Nike Swoosh, you know it is Nike even if you only see the swoosh. The old shopping cart icon looks very dated at this point

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 3:29 PM

Will the rollout be done according to class?

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 3:42 PM

R17, no they’ll be following the same protocols as they are for the distribution of the COVID vaccination.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 3:48 PM

About a year and a half ago they hired one of the best brand strategists in the country to work in-house for them. Some of his work must be starting to go live now, like this. It's a better use of a proven real-world brand asset - the Amazon box - versus an abstract skeuomorphic image like the shopping cart. They'll refine the definition and it will do fine.

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 3:52 PM

I dont mind the brown, it actually stands out, but wish there was a big "a" in the middle instead of the arrow.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote] abstract skeuomorphic image

Dayum.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 4:37 PM

[QUOTE] that's weird, mine is still the old one with a shopping cart in the icon

You’ll have the new penis icon soon enough, R12.

by Anonymousreply 22March 2, 2021 12:06 AM

Because you spend every spare moment hacking people from your past who want to forget about you

They're coming to take you away, aha!

by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Originally, the arrow went from the 'A' in Amazon to it's 'z,' implying that you could buy everything "from A to Z" there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 2, 2021 2:09 AM

[quote]About a year and a half ago they hired one of the best brand strategists in the country to work in-house for them.

Presumably he doesn't have scoliosis or sciatica

by Anonymousreply 25March 2, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] the arrow went from the 'A' in Amazon to it's 'z,'

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2021 9:05 AM

R26 you just live for this, don’t you? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2021 11:50 AM

Is the blue thing on top supposed to be packing tape? It looks like broken pixels on my phone

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2021 12:44 PM

Is this the continuation of the First World Problems thread?

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2021 12:51 PM

Guess what, there is more to the story! The supposed "new" one looked like Hitler's mustache, so they changed it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Just got the penis icon on my iPhone today. Went to open Amazon and there it was, a bottom’s worst nightmare: painfully long and thin as a pencil.

by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2021 6:17 PM

yep, mine was also updated yesterday

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2021 11:43 PM

Amazon's packing tape is brown, not blue. I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2021 9:25 AM

R33 actually if the box was packed in Amazon warehouse, it most likely will be in blue, but could be brown, I have seen both. Also Amazon has shipping agreements with vendors, when you place on order on Amazon, the order would be sent directly to the vendor's warehouse, they pack and ship to you, with or without Amazon branded boxes or tapes, sometimes they won't even put a packing slip in, because the box was already prepacked and sealed, they just put on a shipping label and send to you.

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2021 10:02 AM

They need to stop worrying about their silly icons and start changing the way they ship their products. For the life of me I'll never understand their shipping logistics. I have a package that was shipped on Wednesday via USPS from Stone Mountain, Ga.. I'm currently 3+ hours south of there. Instead of shipping it directly to me they ship it 3+ hours south of me to Jacksonville, Fl. to another Amazon facility who holds on to it for 12 hours and then ships it back north to me hopefully for delivery today.

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2021 10:07 AM

R35 yes it would save time and "money" if they ship directly to you, but to do that, they would have to single out your package from thousands of boxes and dispatch it to a different truck heading to the post office/UPS/FedEx nearby, the time spent on sorting out your box and loading to a truck would break their workflow and cost them dearly, and more importantly, the customer base in your neighborhood does not warrant a shipping facility nearby, it's much cheaper and "faster" to send them all down to Jacksonville and sort them out there.

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2021 10:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!