Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever cancelled a credit card to avoid autopay to some lousy corporation that doesn't deliver service as promised?

It seems extreme, but if I do that, the lousy corporation won't be able to charge me cancellation fees, will they? I could care less about collection. Let them f-ing try.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2021 7:01 AM

why cancel the card, you could simply call the bank to stop the recurring payment, you don't even need a reason, just tell them to stop the payment!

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 5:19 AM

I have. A gym. It worked.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 5:20 AM

Yes - to this shitty ass business coach! AmEx honored the payments because I signed a contract, but it was a lot of back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 5:22 AM

R3 it's not "honored", it's processed, the contract is between you and the coach, AMEX has no obligation to honor your contract with anyone, they process the payment requests as they come in, why do you think the totally fraudulent unauthorized charges can go through without any detection? So all you need is to call the card issuing bank, let them know the charge is fraudulent if you didn't authorize it, or stop the payment because you have a dispute, cancel the card is stupid, it will also hurt your credit.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 5:33 AM

I had an OutPersonals account several years ago that I canceled. Unfortunately they continued to bill me. Several attempts to contact them failed and rather than cancel my credit card I went into my billing preferences and changed my card to an expired renewal date. That worked.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 3:46 PM

I just got stuck with a Paypal bill from a seller who refused to send tracking after two weeks. He wouldn't get back to me. I told paypal to cancel the order because they hadn't paid him yet. They refused because he sent them a usps shipping number. But he never brought it to the post office! But paypal said it didn't matter because he provided them with a meaningless number! It took him a month to bring it to the post office. Paypal then paid him and told me my problem was with the seller not them. But he never answered me only Paypal. I said but Amazon and Ebay require a seller to resolve an issue in three days. They said they're not those companies and I said so a seller has all the time in the world to ship a product and they said 'No we didn't say that!' I was very surprised I thought Paypal protected you from bad customer service but it is not the case.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 4:12 PM

Ebay doesn't use Paypal anymore as of 2/14/21.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 4:35 PM

Not being a crook, I can say I haven't.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] Ebay doesn't use Paypal anymore as of 2/14/21.

I used Paypal on ebay last night.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 4:37 PM

Paypal doesn't really have buyer protection, I spent over a year fighting a fraudulent charge from DoorDash made through my Paypal account, all DoorDash did was reply to the complaint "the charge is valid" and Paypal agreed with them. Had to go the BBB and then threaten to contact my state's attorney general.

I don't use Paypal for anything anymore unless there's no other option.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 4:39 PM

Yes as I said I was really surprised. Both Amazon and Ebay take care of a problem in a matter of days and Paypal's indifference really shocked me. And of course the longer it took the seller to ship it and the more Paypal refused to help the more money Paypal made! And they used the pandemic as an accuse and I said that's BS because the seller refused to contact me BUT HE CONTACTED THEM and that when the post office received it they immediately turned it around so that excuse didn't wash they couldn't have cared less.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 4:55 PM

PayPal and Ebay are one and the same, no?

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 4:59 PM

Ebay owns PayPal.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 5:39 PM

Just call the bank and say you lost your credit card. They will immediately cancel it and issue another card with a different number to you OP. Some things are just not that difficult to do.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 5:49 PM

Changing the date on the computer is much easier, r14.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 5:50 PM

It's not a bank credit card.

I thought of that, R14, but I genuinely lost my card a couple of times in the past three years, so won't they think it's funny to claim I lost it or it was stolen again? R15, I don't use the computer for managing my cards. I pay by mail. That's another story, don't get me started. Lately they put through my check electronically and then also the paper check and my credit union didn't catch it. They paid me back the money but the card has yet to pay the credit union or acknowledge the fraud/error. Isn't it fun managing our money these day? Nobody's ever on the hook except the consumer. Once they have your money, good luck getting satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2021 7:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!