Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Touchless soap dispenser

My dish soap pump dispenser just broke. I’ve been thinking about buying an automatic one. Anyone here have one? Do you like it? Does it break easily? Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 5:45 AM

I have one. I like it. Make sure tha you check that it's not intended for foam soap as it won't do thick soap if so and test it filled with water before you fill it with soap.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 3:36 AM

Why the fuck would you want a soap dispenser that fucking needs batteries?

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 3:40 AM

Tnx R1 I’m looking for a dispenser that I can use Dawn dish soap in.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 3:40 AM

I like mine because I have an over the sink dish drainer and its inconvenient for a different type of dispenser. I also have one for liquid hand Sanitizer. that should be obvious why I want that. OP, I use this one for Dawn dish detergent in the kitchen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 3:43 AM

R2? Move it along toots! Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 3:56 AM

This soap dispenser is rechargeable and you can get it for either liquid or foam soap. We bought three of these at the start of the pandemic. I highly recommend it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 4:03 AM

I want one only because of raw meat. My work-around is a coffee container filled with soapy water. Without it, I’m contaminating the faucet handle and the soap dispenser. There are times when I identify with Phil Hartman’s Anal Retentive Chef.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 4:05 AM

I used to have several touchless soap dispensers around the house. After replacing batteries too frequently and a lot of malfunctions, I got rid of them all (as they broke) and replaced them with the "penguin pump" shown below. It's not touchless, but you push down on it from the top...and can do so with the back of your hand if you don't want your fingers to touch it. $13 or so. Highly recommend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 4:21 AM

How the hell are you supposed to add soap if you can't touch it?

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 4:47 AM

r8, I have that in my bathroom and really like it!

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 12:00 PM

Shouldn't this be in the first world problem thread?

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 4:25 PM

R6 can it handle a thick liquid like dish soap?

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 6:26 PM

R12 I haven’t tried using dish soap in it, I’ve just used hand soap.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2021 5:44 AM

"Soap"? What is "soap"?

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 5:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!