Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BEFORE THEY WERE FAMOUS...

Dish on celebs you knew before they hit it big!

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2021 2:12 AM

You first OP.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 1:41 AM

no r1

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 1:58 AM

*Insert comment about Janet here*

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 2:04 AM

I’m not going to name names but I will give you a few clues, home wrecking harlot, pint sized puta, schoolyard slut, toddler trollop...

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 4:16 AM

A fat sassy Savannah butter queen was Actually quite nice , before she become The Food Networks racist diva .

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 4:24 AM

What's a butter queen?

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 5:53 AM

I knew two news anchors from school days. No gossip tho. We were just kids.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 5:57 AM

A member of a rock band that hit it big in the 2000s was at my Bar Mitzvah as a guest.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 5:59 AM

Scottish singer Sharleen Spiteri. I used to talk to her at one of the few gay/mixed club nights we had in Glasgow in the dark ages of the 80s. She was a nice, friendly girl.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 6:04 AM

I went to college with a famous opera singer. He said that in high school, he hung around truck stops and sucked dicks. I remember him saying one was so big that he couldn't get it in his mouth. He has always been a big horndog.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote] What's a butter queen?

She was in Gone With the Wind.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote] We were just kids.

Not “just”, R7.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 4:34 PM

R6 I’m much more of a crisco queen myself!

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 9:17 PM

R10, Give us a hint . . . What age would he be now?

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 10:16 PM

Partner went to high school with Kim Deal of the Pixies.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 10:28 PM

I turned tricks with Denise Richards in the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 10:38 PM

My best friend in junior high babysat Wentworth Miller.

I worked with Sindi Benezra from Lunachicks, and also the road drummer for Quiet Riot.

My best friend in elementary school ended up being 1st Amendment cause celebre Deidre Dare.

Laura Albert, aka JT Leroy, lived in my apartment building and we went to the same school.

I went to Quaker school with Adam Yauch, MCA from the Beastie Boys.

I was friendly with alternative rap artist Phoenix Orion.

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 10:46 PM

singer Greg Porter was the most stylish and talented musician at my high school--but none of the music department staff (idiots) ever asked him to join choir or band.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 10:49 PM

R14 - mid-fifties

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 11:03 PM

A friend had a temp job when she was younger, and the girl at the next desk was also a temp, but a very cheerful temp. Because she was SURE she was going to bag the temp shit and make it big as an opera singer!

She actually did make it big as an opera singer, I've seen her live many times. She's always fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2021 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!