Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Last day of Black History Month

Anybody happy?

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 9:33 PM

It's a glorious day here. I have just hung out the washing and there are four large sheets flapping in a stiffening breeze.

I am happy.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 12:58 AM

It couldn't have happened at a worse time, with Deplorables still wrapped-up in their Confederate flags and clutching a photo of Donald Trump. Day after day, stories of black pride and black courage and black power. Kwanzaa, Martin Luther King and Black Pride Month... see ya next year.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 9:55 AM

No, but we’re getting a jump on Woman’s History Month with a Golden Globe for best director!

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 10:47 AM

[quote] No, but we’re getting a jump on Woman’s History Month

Just the one, dear?

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 10:55 AM

Sorry- I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 11:16 AM

Pramila was there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 9:21 PM

The only reason I am glad it's over is that my workplace can stop sending their obligatory and performative emails to show that they care (they really don't). It's just a box ticker for them. All white people on the "Black History Team". Embarrassing.

Sending us biographies of Black people, all copied from Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 9:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!