Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lola Lennox

Annie's daughter. Has a Dido-esque quality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 3:40 AM

She has a pleasant and very competent but largely forgettable voice. It's very listenable but nothing remarkable - no hook. Maybe she will release something more interesting later on?

She certainly didn't get any of her mother's stunning beauty or gorgeous features - or any of her charisma either.

5/10.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 11:52 PM

Didn’t she have an older boyfriend who drowned himself?

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 11:59 PM

Unfortunately she only looks like her stunning mother a little bit around the mouth. None of her charisma.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 12:02 AM

And I just saw I used the same words to describe her mother as r2, apologies, I wasn't copying I just hit reply before I read the thread.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 12:05 AM

Is this the daughter who trashed momma's house with a teen drink and sex party?

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 12:08 AM

Do you mean me R4? (I'm R1).

Stunning is the first word which comes to mind when I think of Annie's beauty so I didn't think you were copying at all! Great minds! She is stunning and I'm sure it's a word which is used over and over when it comes to Annie Lennox.

The daughter is attractive yes and she has a really good voice - but nothing different and certainly nothing like her mother's power, tones and emotion. Unfortunately, Lola has absolutely no charisma and didn't get any of the looks either. I can see the mouth on her now you mention it but it's not enough. She released this too at the link. Again very competent/listenable but nothing stunning and is totally forgettable. She must have the very best contacts in the music industry too.

I know - harsh but honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 12:15 AM

I don't hate it. Points for not being too whispery a la Billie Eyelash.

She's not her mother, but her voice, while mimicking the phrasing popular amongst female artists today, does have its own unique quality.

The song is not terrible. The lyrics are interesting, if the music is a bit insipid and generic.

She may have promise.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 12:15 AM

yes r6, I meant you. You are very gracious :)

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 12:39 AM

Testing. Thank you, God!

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 2:51 AM

Her voice sounds like a mix of her mother’s, every young female vowel-mangling pop singer nowadays, and Madeline Peyroux doing this Leonard Cohen classic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 3:02 AM

Oh, and that “Pale” song is clichéd dreck.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 3:02 AM

[quote] Didn’t she have an older boyfriend who drowned himself?

That’s the other daughter, Tali.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 3:03 AM

Too nasally . I just cant stand nasally voices. She very pretty,and the song isnt bad ,but theres nothing outstanding about it.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 3:40 AM

She sounds absolutely nothing like her mother R10.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!