Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Walking Dead Season 10

Starts tonight!

Maggie's back, along with Star Wars Storm Troopers!

Catch it on AMC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 4, 2022 12:37 AM

I can’t believe that zombie of a tv show is still shuffling forward.

The whole conceit of TWD initially was to put people into a fantasy/sci fi situation and portray their reactions as realistically as possible.

The creator of the comic set aside all the teenboyisms of comics in order to tell that story. THAT IS WHAT MADE IT COMPELLING. But then it become a cultural phenomenon and he ran back to momma, with hot black chicks with super cool samurai swords and a guy with a tiger. It’s done and has been done for years.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 6:57 PM

Lol R1.

I assume you meant "concept," rather than "conceit."

And you're right. the show has sucked for many seasons, thanks to Negan.

But the show runners are promising that the show is "much better" now!

Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 6:58 PM

I'll still be watching, but I agree that the show was much better in the early seasons.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 7:01 PM

Well, did any of you stupid cunts watch the premiere?

Or wree you too busy stroking your labia during the Golden Globes?

Fucking twats.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 4:57 PM

Wow, any excuse for misogyny, huh r4?

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 5:46 PM

I just finished it on AMC (the episode took twice as long as it kept freezing up = not the commercials of course which came in crystal clear & ran as is ).

I hated this one. Hardly any zombies just a dumb new group called the reapers (I bet they got that from the DC Comics Green Arrow foe in the 80s).

The dumb "Snake Eyes meets Dr. Doom" black character was a waste of time. Angel Theory's character of course has to be dumb again & leave her post yet again to look for her dumb sister. I predicted the conversation that she would have with Mags & having Dr. Doom-Eyes lose his sister too for a morbid threesome was sister overkill.

Dumb Maggie loses another relative (her dumb tree loving son) in record time & also finds him in record time. I was bored in record time with it all.

Also Dumb Maggie loses Georgie & the twins (so they must all be related to her somehow) & join another group with sonny treehugger only for it to fall as well. Wash rinse repeat.

Super Daryl & Dr. Doom-Eyes have to save Dumb Maggie as she can't close the door on the walkers like the writers have for this show.

Lots of deaths this episode of characters we're supposed to care about but don't in the brief time they're onscreen.

Bad guy blows himself up with a grenade & nobody gets hurt but the viewers who had to watch all of it.

Watching all the "glamour shots" of them walking thru the woods bored me to death & revealed a surprisingly weak script with fewer words than the past couple of episodes.

Dumb Maggie letting Negan have multiple free passes in this episode didn't fit her character at all (especially form the sound of sympathizing with Crazy Carol for letting him out to try & take out Alpha).

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 11:09 PM

Lol R6.

Please send your review to AMC.

They seriously need to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 11:13 PM

I stopped after fanboys hyped up the coming Negan arc and it was a giant mess. Why would I watch now? To see if Maggie got their community fair up n’ running?

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 11:23 PM

Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Negan ruined this show. When I saw JDM hamming it up and killing off Abraham and Glen, I knew the show was over. The show had flaws but JDM made it unwatchable.

I don't get the love for this character.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 11:32 PM

I really enjoyed season 9 and 10 compared to the previous seasons, the characters have actual character and motivations. Season 7 and 8 everyone felt like cardboard cutouts, I couldnt care less, but the show skipped 5 years and it became less about surviving zombies and more about setting up a post zombie event society. They still need to drop that annoying fake Shakespeare guy, he cant act for shit and nobody would ever take him seriously.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 11:34 PM

This show was sooooo good when it began. I was also one of those viewers who didn't mind the Finding Sophia arc in Hershel's dreaded farm season. I didn't mind the painstaking human drama as well but they ruined it later with OTP characters like Negan and Ezekiel. Those cannibals arc was more intriguing and scarier than that Negan crap and Alexandria shithole

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 11:43 PM

I hate Maggie and her horrific accent. I stopped watching last season. Not worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2021 1:19 AM

New episode tonight.

It's supposed to be very Daryl-centric, plus gratuitous scenes of his dog.

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2021 6:22 PM

This is still on? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] I assume you meant "concept," rather than "conceit."

No, I meant what I wrote, low-IQ r2. See definition 2 — ask us if you need help understanding it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2021 7:36 PM

Tonight's episode is available on Piratebay already.

by Anonymousreply 16March 7, 2021 7:46 PM

Anyone watching the episode tonight?

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2021 1:14 AM

Sunday's episode was nice.

I especially loved the scenery and the color of the video. It was gorgeous.

See, I don't mind all of their traipsing through the woods, if the trees and streams look like they did in Sunday's episode.

It was so beautiful and serene.

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2021 10:44 PM

Wow, that was an interesting episode.

I guess that Gabriel has gone to the dark side.

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2021 9:17 AM

Is no one watching this season? lol

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2021 4:44 AM

I can't believe there was an entire episode of Carol walking around looking for items to cook a pot of soup.

This show has REALLY jumped the shark.

I was actually shocked when the episode was over.

What a waste of one hour.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2021 6:49 PM

R21 I agree. TPTB are calling these 6 episodes "character driven" instead of "plot driven" but the latest episode was pretty bad.

The rat posed more of a problem than any of the zombies which is just unbelievable. Her tearing up the walls was also ridiculous.

The only one that I enjoyed was the Aaron/Gabriel adventure & even that one was too slow for the first half hour.

by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2021 7:17 AM

bump.

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2021 5:23 PM

I thought this season was the end of the series? Did I get that wrong?

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2021 5:37 PM

R24 Yes. The 6 episodes that they will finish airing next week (a Negan character origin episode) are considering bonus episodes of current "Whisperer" wrap up season & will set up the next half season of episodes for Fear The Walking Dead.

The final season of TWD will begin airing some time after FEAR finishes off its current season.

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2021 6:15 PM

That chinese lady who is running the show right now, is running it right into the GROUND.

I guess she figures it's the last season any way, so why bother.

What a fucking hack! I hope she never works in Hollywood again.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2021 6:31 PM

Anyone who missed the Season 10 finale (and is still a fan of The Walking Dead) should catch the episode!

It was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2021 4:53 PM

Last week's episode was very interesting.

It was unlike any TWD episode I've ever seen before.

So apparently, there's a huge conspiracy/mystery going on in the Commonwealth.

And at some point, Daryl will be fighting a war with Maggie.

The story is finally becoming interesting.

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2022 10:56 PM

I think that the Commonwealth story line is far more compelling than any of the other previous communities on the show.

I'm sure that has to do with Kirkman no longer being in charge of the writing, with all of his ridiculous characters and warring groups.

I suppose that's what drew people into the show at first, but now it just seems silly.

The Commonwealth is actually something that seems fairly realistic in a post-apocalyptic world.

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2022 4:07 AM

Thoughts:

I am absolutely not interested in these new characters. The way The Commonwealth is designed (sets, costumes etc) is just too much of a HEAVY WINK, like everything's just too "on purpose" different & twee. There's no mystery, you just expect there's going to be something sinister behind the facade, and you have to sit through an entire Eugene-focused episode.

Speaking of Eugene, he apparently just talks normal now. Not some pretentious word salad. No explanation.

The music this season has been really fresh, aiming because there's a second composer in the opening credits.

Also am loving some of thre directing this season. Lots of throwback visuals, like the scene in that abandoned town square where Maggie shoots three people (they fuckin deserved it, no lie) and Negan's just watching her go off, while Darryl tries to intervene. Just some classic pulp western camerawork. Tight shot of Negan's face, camera pulls back to reveal the action in the foreground. So cool.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2022 6:23 AM

I think you must have watched last week's episode, R30.

There was no Negan in this week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2022 10:24 PM

R31, this season.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2022 1:25 AM

I was hoping they would bring back Shane !

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2022 1:56 AM

I actually hope they bring back Rick before the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2022 2:00 AM

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2022 1:23 AM

After all these years wouldn't everybody have run out of bullets by now?

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2022 1:28 AM

This was another good episode.

I loved the time jumping.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2022 4:55 AM

This part of the season is absolutely bogged down with new characters. I don't give a shit about these people! They have absolutely ruined Rosita's character. She's a ghost of who she was.

Darryl's been packin lately! When he was walking the boardwalk in Alexandria last week it looked like he was smuggling a grapefruit!

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2022 7:19 AM

I'm bored with this season. I liked the Gov. & the Whisperers as foes but the Star Wars wannabes are nothing new or interesting.

You think these idiots would've learned by now to avoid new groups but

no the show would have to focus on the zombies & we can't have that now can we?

Rick was in the US during the final episodes filing time & I hope he's in there because

I have no interest in any of his films with stinkfaced Michonne.

It can end soon enough for me.

The creator fooled the fans with the comic's ending & I hope he is doing the same with Daryl/Carol planned series by giving them both deaths in the finale. If so then the Daryl/Carol show can be a flashback show like some of the others they have planned.

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2022 11:31 AM

Only two more episodes left this season.

by Anonymousreply 40April 4, 2022 12:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!