Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends, I need recommendations for lighting

I'm looking for some classic and traditional table and floor lamps. After a disappointing experience at Restoration Hardware (poor in-store customer service) and lengthy backorder times, I wonder if anyone here has alternate recommendations.

Budget is $200-400 per lamp. Where would you look?

Help me, DL tasteful friends, you're my only hope.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 11:53 AM

You need Wayfair.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 4:24 PM

Lamps Plus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 4:27 PM

Room and Board has ok stuff. Have two of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 4:28 PM

Bill in Glenview always sells exactly the sort of lamps you need based upon your detailed description, but you have to make an appointment and he has to like you and he’s visiting his people in the South.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 4:29 PM

Another option

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 4:34 PM

Restoration Horror is a scary place. You’re brave for going in there.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 4:41 PM

Classic and traditional? If you are not in a huge hurry and want to find something interesting, look at auctions 8n your area or online.

You can find something of great quality, 50-100 years old, and will at less than it cost when new. Search by the price range you mentioned. You can get really striking designs and quality, and something more interesting than at the same online shops that everybody shops at

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 8:55 PM

Some great ideas so far. Any more?

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 11:49 AM

Yes, Lamps Plus. They've got a very wide variety and the prices aren't bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 11:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!