Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYT - Cuomo Is Accused Of Harassing A 25 Year Old Woman

Cuomo has been accused of hitting on a 25year old woman. He asked her if she ever considered being in a relationship with an older man.

Cuomo is now REALLY FINISHED.

by Anonymousreply 217March 17, 2021 12:49 AM

Cuomo is being targeted.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 12:33 AM

Wait why isn’t he allowed to hit on women? Did she work for him?

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 12:54 AM

Is there a gay angle to this story?

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 12:55 AM

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐬

Charlotte Bennett, 25, who served in a number of roles for Cuomo - including executive assistant and health policy advisor - said the governor made a number of concerning comments to her last spring during the height of the pandemic in the state. She is the second former aide to accuse the governor of sexual harassment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 1:30 AM

Really hope this is the beginning of the end for dear Andy!

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 1:31 AM

POS.

I bet Fredo is fuming that he can't have his scumbag brother on his show and make it all about HIMSELF.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 1:34 AM

Sounds like a Republican plot to bring him down.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 1:35 AM

Spitzer, Anthony Weiner, Eric Schneiderman, and now King Andy. It's not a Republican plot, it's that the top spots in New York State are a magnet for dirtbags who think they can do whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 1:38 AM

LOL, this is every older straight dude to a hot 25 year old girl.

Did he force her? Is it on video? Did he grab her by the pussy and threaten to kill her unless she sucked him off? Threaten to kill her mom or rescue dog?

I'll say he's deservedly over when there's a "yes" answer to anything in that last paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2021 1:40 AM

R9- Grabbing her by the pussy- that's Trump's SPECIALTY.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2021 1:43 AM

Only a pukestain can grab women's pussies and boast about it. Pay sex workers for sex while their turd wife is pregnant. Pay their lawyers to pay off these sex workers from talking and have the unwavering support of their constituency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2021 1:44 AM

One by one the democrat and RINO piggies are falling down. Cuomo, Newsom, Lincoln Project, and that's just this month! Dementia Joe can't even function long enough to get a SOTU address. Tick tock...

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2021 2:07 AM

This is all to distract from the Trump family indictments that will be coming in 5... 4... 3... 2....

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2021 2:10 AM

[quote]This is all to distract from the Trump family indictments that will be coming in 5... 4... 3... 2....

Another bombshell?

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2021 2:13 AM

There is something about these hyperaggressive New York male politicians that is so self-destructive.

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2021 2:14 AM

Well, if it’s true, someone has to take him down. The past few years of the #MeToo movement takes no prisoners. Unfortunately, I believe the accuser(s). Cuomo has always had a nasty side, like his goombah father.

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] I'll say he's deservedly over when there's a "yes" answer to anything in that last paragraph.

So it’s not sexual harassment unless you threaten to kill the victim, r9? She worked for him, dipstick. That’s where the problem lies. The implied threat is that if you don’t do what I want, your career is going nowhere. Whether you’re a woman or a man, your career success should not hinge on your willingness to go out/have sex with some gross old toad of a boss.

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2021 2:21 AM

At least I never hit on the women!

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2021 2:21 AM

r15 Rudy Guliani too. I still cringe when Lorne Michaels had Rudy on SNL after 9/11 and asked him "can we be funny?".

On that note, there has to be a lot of dirt on Lorne Michaels, why has none come out?

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2021 2:26 AM

Lorne Michaels is a homophobe, just ask Terry Sweeney.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2021 2:28 AM

A thread already on this.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2021 2:44 AM

r21 maybe the other thread was about the first woman?

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2021 2:47 AM

Difference? U R Foxnews

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2021 2:48 AM

Someone at CNN decided to wake up and start covering this story.

Wonder how Chris Cuomo feels about this?

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2021 2:49 AM

He so hawny.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2021 2:50 AM

I know he has to go, but I hate seeing tRUMP and the Repugs getting the satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2021 2:50 AM

He looks like a gorilla but I bet he would be a mean fuck

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2021 2:53 AM

He’s being targeted, yes, but his career is definitely over.

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2021 2:54 AM

The woman needs to grow up. This is what happens when spoiled rich brats who were raised by helicopter parents are given jobs they shouldn’t have. Tired of SENSATIVE snowflakes

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2021 2:55 AM

R24 The NY Times story was written by Jesse McKinley who seemed to have it out for Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2021 2:55 AM

r29 Gen Z is going to be a problem. My niece in high school is a huge SJW, if anyone says anything slightly negative or critical to her she says she is being bullied. Good luck when she gets a real job.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2021 2:58 AM

Even if what she says is true it’s hardly a reason for him to resign. For fucks sake. Aren’t there bigger problems in the world than some 25 year old and her drama?

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2021 2:59 AM

Those younger girls are vicious, I worked at my job 10 years before they hired two twenty year olds and they were bitches. My manager was a horn dog so all they had to do was flirt with him and they got away with murder. I could see them then later claiming they were sexually harrassed.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2021 3:03 AM

He sounds so slimy and pervy in that NYT article. Just nasty and creepy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2021 3:03 AM

I can't read the article... boo

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2021 3:08 AM

If Cuomo resigns I can see CNN offering him a job co-hosting a show with Michael Avenatti

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote] Tired of SENSATIVE snowflakes

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2021 3:27 AM

01/06/2021

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2021 3:28 AM

Everyone knew, or should have known, that his mismanagement of the nursing home situation was going to blow up. Plus he’s made an army of enemies over the decades—he has some good qualities, but he’s also vain and vindictive and probably very corrupt. Everything is coming home to roost now.

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote]On that note, there has to be a lot of dirt on Lorne Michaels

Him taking Pete Davidson (who at the time had basically just joined SNL) to Jamaica for New Years is pretty intriguing

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2021 4:24 AM

He is the Democrat Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2021 4:26 AM

R41, no way.

I mean he’s human scum but that’s still far away from Donny territory.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2021 4:31 AM

R39- You say he's VINDICTIVE and CORRUPT, but he's got GOOD qualities- which are?

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2021 4:41 AM

Cuomo told nursing facilities to hold onto their patients rather than send covid patients to hospitals that were overburdened.

There is no scandal here which is why the accusations of sexual harassment are also being leveled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2021 4:41 AM

R42 would love to hear how he is different than Trump. Both distrust science, harrass woman and don't take responsibility for the shit they created. They are more similar than different.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2021 4:59 AM

Kerry Kennedy married down when she married this guy.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2021 5:02 AM

Political hit-job, follow the Republican smear-machine.

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2021 5:30 AM

I want to read the NYT article but it's behind a paywall

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2021 5:32 AM

Right now Cuomo is busy making arrangements to have the George Washington Bridge renamed the FREDO bridge.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2021 5:33 AM

R44 Complete bull. The Javits Center and The Naval Hospital ship had plenty of hospital beds. They were hardly used. Cuomo's mistakes cost thousands of lives. He is the real Fredo. An incompetent, angry and horny fool.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2021 8:20 AM

The Naval hospital was sent to NYC to treat non covid patients.

Tests were in short supply to identify positive cases. The federal government would not test because more tests= more cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2021 8:38 AM

Why now?

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2021 9:50 AM

I want stories about the hawt brother having a gay boyfriend.

I voted third party against Cuomo everyone he ran. He always came off as obnoxious and a bully. He killed reform efforts in NYS.

He was responsible for the Vote for Cuomo not the homo campaign slogan when his father first ran against Ed Koch ("The Homo")

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2021 10:13 AM

r50- what's wrong with being horny?

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2021 10:59 AM

I’m a woman and I’m sick of this nonsense. Women playing victim because some guy makes a ham handed attempt to flirt.

It’s inappropriate and Cuomo was an idiot for doing it. But shouldn’t end his career.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2021 11:10 AM

"I’m a woman and I’m sick of this nonsense."

Sure, Troll E. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2021 11:19 AM

An accusation is an accusation, not a fact.

When you state Cuomo didn't use the Naval hospital, that is a fact.

The naval hospital was sent to treat non covid patients.

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2021 11:21 AM

Cuomo killed Nana

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2021 11:32 AM

Trump killed Nana.

Go drink some bleach.

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2021 12:01 PM

Cuomo killed Nana.

After he sexually assaulted her.

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2021 12:20 PM

Dropping that bit about the accuser being a victim of sexual assault was particularly skeevy and will absolutely backfire on him.

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2021 12:26 PM

20 years ago, some prescient, smart, self-preserving, and yes, decent, straight males saw this coming and made sure to always police themselves first when interacting with ALL female colleagues and office staff.

I know because I worked with one.

We were both attorneys in government service. He was my supervising attorney. One day, shortly after I started, he asked me to join him in a meeting with another woman who worked in another dept.

Afterwards, with the his office door wide open and with the administrative assistant just outside, I asked him if if there was a particular reason he wanted me to join them.

He said, "I've decided to not meet with a woman co-worker without a 3rd party present. If it's sensitive information the administrative assistant who joins us must not disclose what is the topic ( they weren't there when this meeting happened). If that can't be arranged we'll step outside to a public area. The person who was just here, unfortunately, likes to flirt and that's why I always want a 3rd party around."

And no, that wasn't Mike Pence. It was just a guy 20 years ago with common sense.

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2021 12:43 PM

Why didn’t the woman come forward during the MeToo moment, why now when it’s politically advantageous? Is this Al Franken 2.0?

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2021 12:49 PM

One aspect about these high profile sexual harrassment allegations that has struck me is that the man accused is a workaholic. They spend almost all of their time at work and they define themselves by their work. If you have no other life than your work, then to fulfill your sexual needs, you have to find such people willing to meet them at work. And that's certainly inappropriate. And wrong, And sad and pathetic. A good argument for the need for boundaries in life and to not be consumed with work and let your identify be completely based on the work you do.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2021 12:49 PM

Wow, the Right is going scorched earth. I'm not saying Cuomo is without flaws. He can be a bully. These allegations aren't wrong, but this seems like piling on and it is orchestrated, by people close to Trump. Why? Because they intend to weaken him, run him out of office, and try to get someone in office who will Pardon Trump and call off the state investigations. That's exactly where this is going.

Figure the timing. Because Vance & James are still compiling evidence. Then there will be a grand jury, then there will be charges, then a trial. They want to taint the Democrats so badly that they have no credibility. This will not just happen in NY. It's going to happen to every strong Dem out here. Get ready for the smears and the mud slinging. They have nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2021 12:55 PM

Cuomo has an unattractive personality. He always has had an unattractive personality. He is not an unknown entity. Now the one person who is playing all of this up and enjoying it is De Blasio. And Trump of course.

by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2021 12:58 PM

So what? Let her make the complaint to HR in the usual way and shut up. Why should this matter when a Democratic politician is involved but not matter at all when the alleged miscreant is a Repuke? No more Al Frankens please.

by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2021 1:00 PM

Republicans done care when their politicians actually physically abuse women . White women voted for Trump by a majority twice.

Let’s stop the fake outrage

by Anonymousreply 68February 28, 2021 1:01 PM

Done= don’t

by Anonymousreply 69February 28, 2021 1:02 PM

This isn’t sexual harassment. It’s not like he held this over her head to make her job difficult. He made a pass at her.

by Anonymousreply 70February 28, 2021 1:03 PM

[Quote] would love to hear how he is different than Trump. Both distrust science, harrass woman and don't take responsibility for the shit they created. They are more similar than different.

When exactly did Cuomo distrust the science? Trump habitually abused and raped women. This latest revelation about Cuomo isn’t even harrassment.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2021 1:05 PM

"Let’s stop the fake outrage."

Bravo, R68.

I'll get outraged about Cuomo hitting on some babe when Donald Trump faces the consequences for plotting the murder of the Vice-President and the Speaker of the House, among others. As long as Trump skates free for attempted, Cuomo shouldn't face any consequences for his actions.

Half of the assholes posting on this thread are paid Republican trolls anyway. They're likes sharks and they smell blood in the water.

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2021 1:09 PM

Hitting on somebody who is your employee is 100% harassment. Even when a Democrat does it.

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote] Both distrust science, harrass woman

Just the one, dear?

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2021 1:20 PM

So now more are coming forward?

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2021 1:24 PM

R54 It is wrong when the object of your horniness are your subordinates. Most women don't go for that sort of behavior. Those 25 year olds get triggered by that sort of behavior very easily these days.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2021 1:42 PM

Having an abrasive, loud mouth personality isn't a crime.

Cuomo is accused of being too radical and too lax simultaneously and it's interesting to watch people do this. First , his opponents say he killed business by ordering a shutdown for non essential businesses. Second, he is being accused of killing grandma when he ordered nursing home facilities to continue to provide care for their residents rather than ship their residents out to state hospitals filled to capacity and unable to accept additional patients.

The third prong of attack is to accuse him of sexual impropriety. The sexual harassment accusation is worded to make it look like he was chasing skirts instead of "getting things done" during this ongoing crisis and circles back to the nursing home accusation.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2021 1:43 PM

Cuomo and DiBlasio bumped heads all during the health crisis and some of their power struggle played out in the press.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2021 1:46 PM

Asking a woman when the last time was that she hugged someone or if she would consider dating an older man constitutes sexual harassment???

If she can’t navigate a simple situation like this she needs counseling.

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2021 1:48 PM

Statement From Governor Andrew M. Cuomo:

"Ms. Bennett was a hardworking and valued member of our team during COVID. She has every right to speak out.

"When she came to me and opened up about being a sexual assault survivor and how it shaped her and her ongoing efforts to create an organization that empowered her voice to help other survivors, I tried to be supportive and helpful. Ms. Bennett's initial impression was right: I was trying to be a mentor to her. I never made advances toward Ms. Bennett nor did I ever intend to act in any way that was inappropriate. The last thing I would ever have wanted was to make her feel any of the things that are being reported.

"This situation cannot and should not be resolved in the press; I believe the best way to get to the truth is through a full and thorough outside review and I am directing all state employees to comply with that effort. I ask all New Yorkers to await the findings of the review so that they know the facts before making any judgements. I will have no further comment until the review has concluded."

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2021 1:53 PM

When was Cuomo alone with junior staff? Why would he be alone with junior staff? He's kept a grueling schedule for over a year.

There is another accusation floating around that he got had a state trooper who was dating one of his daughters reassigned to break them up.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2021 1:54 PM

R80 link please.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2021 1:55 PM

Link for R82.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2021 1:57 PM

Cuomo's statement and his senior advisor Beth Garvey's statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 28, 2021 1:59 PM

So he made a pass at someone. Big fucking deal. This really does have republican smear job written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 85February 28, 2021 2:00 PM

R70 Making a pass at your subordinate is sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 86February 28, 2021 2:01 PM

The pro-Cuomo PR push is so transparently pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 28, 2021 2:02 PM

To all those saying he should resign, I hope you’re saying the same thing in the threads about Madison Cawthorn. He’s been accused by many more women and of much worse things.

I suspect though you’re not.

by Anonymousreply 88February 28, 2021 2:03 PM

I haven’t forgotten that comment about President Obama ‘shucking and jiving’ he made a few years ago. He sounded like a Bensonhurst fishwife when he said that.

by Anonymousreply 89February 28, 2021 2:04 PM

The hypocrisy is disgusting: if such allegations were made against a Republican they wouldn't even be newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 90February 28, 2021 2:06 PM

It bothers me FAR MORE that he's a NASTY BULLY than the flirting and making passes at women. That guy Kim from Queens- Cuomo threatened him.

I said it earlier in this thread- One thing that him and Trump have in common- They are both BULLIES.

by Anonymousreply 91February 28, 2021 2:15 PM

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about the disparity between how Cuomo is being treated and how Governor Murphy of NJ was treated. Murphy had a huge me-too scandal in NJ - a female campaign staffer accused a male staffer of raping her. She reported it to both the police and the campaign, and instead of firing the guy, they gave him a job in the administration. Murphy blew off her personal request to talk to him - she had to go to the press to be heard. There was an investigation by the Democratic legislature, and the administration refused to say who had actually hired the guy. We found out that women staffers on the campaign had been forced to sign NDAs - reminiscent of Fox News, btw - and they risked being sued if they spoke out about sexual harassment. One woman who did speak out has written about the "boys will be boys" environment..... and Murphy skated in all of this. No calls for resignation, barely a ripple in the national press. Why the disparate treatment?

by Anonymousreply 92February 28, 2021 2:20 PM

I hate Cuomo. He's a nasty wop gangster like his father. His handling of the nursing home situation was a disaster when it happened. Everyone knew at the time he was being horribly stubborn and stupid. Remember Trump was a Dem before he knew it was the republicans who would be stupid enough to vote for him. Maybe Cuomo should change party affiliation and all would be forgiven. Carlson and Hannity would be groveling at his feet.

by Anonymousreply 93February 28, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote]I'll get outraged about Cuomo hitting on some babe when Donald Trump faces the consequences for plotting the murder of the Vice-President and the Speaker of the House, among others. As long as Trump skates free for attempted, Cuomo shouldn't face any consequences for his actions.

The last time I checked, the democrats impeached Dump twice. It was the Republicans who didn't want to follow through and get the asshole out of office.

That's not a blank check for Democrats to be excused for their own criminal behavior.

He needs to resign over the nursing home fiasco. You can stamp your feet and deflect all you want over this, as you've been doing in every Cuomo thread, but it doesn't change the fact that he needs to resign.

Should every average democrat now comitt crimes and then when they get arrested, get set free because "Trump did worse"? Of course not. It's a stupid ass rationale.

by Anonymousreply 94February 28, 2021 2:22 PM

The first two sentences in R93 👆 sum up the real issues behind Cuomo's problems in the press.

You don't have to read further than "I hate that wop" to get it.

And let's be clear, the press is being used to undermine Cuomo's position.

by Anonymousreply 95February 28, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote] That's not a blank check for Democrats to be excused for their own criminal behavior.

To Datalounge it is.

by Anonymousreply 96February 28, 2021 2:25 PM

The only thing that would be hypocritical would be to excuse the politicians behavior simply because they were in our political party. If Cuomo did what he’s being accused of he should be taken down. One of the biggest mistakes we made was giving Bill Clinton a pass because from what I understand his behavior got worse with women after he got impeached. By default, politicians hold themselves up to a higher standard. Either be more discrete, or just be a good person and not cheat or harass or bully or discriminate or rape people,And if you cannot do that, you don’t need to be in any kind of office.

by Anonymousreply 97February 28, 2021 2:28 PM

He's a letch. But he's OUR letch.

by Anonymousreply 98February 28, 2021 2:30 PM

The supreme moral authority and arbiter of all things proper and good is back @R94, making her grandiose, sweeping statements, such as:

"but it doesn't change the fact that he needs to resign." Says who? Who the fuck are you? Who gave you the authority to decide who stays and who goes in political office. The voters of NY will decide if Cuomo stays or goes, not you.

by Anonymousreply 99February 28, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote] Either be more discrete

Whoops

by Anonymousreply 100February 28, 2021 2:34 PM

R65.

Thanks.

I knew Cuomo was being targeted but did not see why until reading your post.

by Anonymousreply 101February 28, 2021 2:34 PM

R98 = Newty Gingrich, accusing Bill Clinton of all sorts of moral failings while he's fucking around on his terminally ill wife.

by Anonymousreply 102February 28, 2021 2:35 PM

Cuomo is smart, although not as smart as his Machiavellian father; he understands the Byzantine world of New York State government. He can get things done when he wants to. But he's a bully. He forgives nothing, and, as it turns out, a lot of people are not inclined to forgive him. This whole thing seems to have been triggered by his random threat to "destroy" a Democratic Assemblyman, something that really struck a nerve with people because it's so typical of how he operates.

People who think that this is a Republican plot are not well-informed. Cuomo is not really a threat to Republicans; he can't control criminal investigations, and he's not running for President. This is something he brought on himself.

by Anonymousreply 103February 28, 2021 2:42 PM

Not only is he not going to resign, he will get re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 104February 28, 2021 2:46 PM

I just wish Vance and Letitia would get on with prosecuting Dump before a Republican becomes governor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 28, 2021 2:56 PM

R95 I have every right to call Cuomo a fucking wop. I grew up with them. They surrounded me. I have had as a gay man to fight them every step of the way. They're Catholic gangsters who go to church and then happily tear you to shreds. Then they play the martyrs and say their prayers. Very very nasty bullies. The Godfather is to the Italian Americans what Gone With the Wind is to slave owning southerners. Hollywood fantasy. If they were presented as they actually were it would be impossible for you to have any sympathy for them at all.

by Anonymousreply 106February 28, 2021 2:57 PM

R93/R106: professional victim. Get off the cross, we need the wood.

Who here on this board HASN'T been bullied? Are we all supposed to be assholes because we've been bullied?

by Anonymousreply 107February 28, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote] They want to taint the Democrats so badly that they have no credibility. This will not just happen in NY. It's going to happen to every strong Dem out here.

R65 You mean like Al Franken? Who was targeted/tainted not by “they” but by Dems?

[quote] Who gave you the authority to decide who stays and who goes in political office. The voters of NY will decide if Cuomo stays or goes, not you.

R99 Franken didn’t get that “choice”. Wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 108February 28, 2021 3:47 PM

Statement from Beth Garvey, Special Counsel and Senior Advisor to Governor Cuomo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 28, 2021 3:54 PM

The bottom line is that people aren’t afraid of him anymore, which was the source of his power.

by Anonymousreply 110February 28, 2021 3:56 PM

How is asking someone out harassment?

I just took my works harassment training and it's not illegal to make a statement that makes someone uncomfortable and not repeated and not have any consequences follow. She turned him down and got the transfer she wanted. I don't view that as harassment.

The unwanted kissing is another story. But I really don't see him doing this stuff AFTER the MeTOO movement.

I also agree that he is being targeted.

by Anonymousreply 111February 28, 2021 4:00 PM

r108, the democrats made a big mistake with Franken, so they have learned their lesson. Where is that blonde biotch now, Gillabrand why she not up in arms.

by Anonymousreply 112February 28, 2021 4:02 PM

I'm a guy. When I was hot and young, my married male boss used to come onto all the time. Would compliment me on my body, would "accidentally" brush up against me, etc. I didn't mind it and in fact I got a kick out of it. Some women get way too wrapped up in victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 113February 28, 2021 4:06 PM

This is all just a witch hunt against the governor. Now, all of a sudden, a second bimbo comes out of the woodwork to accuse him of harassment, yea right.

by Anonymousreply 114February 28, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote]so they have learned their lesson

R112 Pity that had to scapegoat the Jew Franken to "learn their lesson".

by Anonymousreply 115February 28, 2021 4:09 PM

This is no witch hunt. That’s so uninformed. Look at his chicanery with the nursing home deaths. This is a pattern of behavior that many of us have long been aware of.

by Anonymousreply 116February 28, 2021 4:10 PM

R65 is right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 28, 2021 4:27 PM

R117 has gone totally insane and is now accusing Letitia James of being part of a right wing conspiracy.

And to correct some misinformation earlier in the thread - whereas the Comfort initially only treated non-covid patients, that policy was changed one week later, and they started taking covid patients. Cuomo defenders love skipping over the facts inconvenient to them.

by Anonymousreply 118February 28, 2021 4:37 PM

Walter Fucking Cronkite at R109.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 119February 28, 2021 4:38 PM

R89 - Thank you for mentioning that. I'm not crazy and not the only one who heard about that comment.

by Anonymousreply 120February 28, 2021 5:18 PM

Gen Z is trained to see anything they don't like as bullying.

Cuomo may be a sleaze, but this is a takedown, and she's Snowflake Queen

by Anonymousreply 121February 28, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote]Why now?

Its a perfect political storm.

First & foremost, the election cycles for NYC & NYS are coming up within the next two years, including NYC Mayor & NYS Governor, and many people are politically positioning. Even Lindsay Boylan, who accused Cuomo, is running for Manhattan Borough President. So its going to be no holds barred for the next 2 years in the state.

Second, the NYC & NYS budgets are due in April and its going to be NASTY. Multi billion dollar deficits are expected. But progressives are desperate to pass huge tax hikes on the rich, which Cuomo is against. Right now NYS government has a Democratic super majority, so if they get rid of Cuomo & replace him with another progressive they can potentially pass their entire progressive agenda in the state.

Third, the COVID vaccine program has been a mess in the state & Cuomo's eligibility requirements helped make it so.

Fourth, a lot of restaurant owners in NYC are furious at Cuomo because he shut down indoor dining for a second time a few months ago. However, he allowed the rest of the state to continue indoor dining even in places where the border between NYC and other counties were in the middle of a street. So literally, restaurants on one side of the street thrived while on the other side they suffered and forced to close. It was ridiculous.

Last, but not least, Cuomo's bullying tactics are now surfacing for the world to see. The public may have no known about it, but it was well known in legislative and public policy circles for a while now. Personally I think after Trump's call to the Georgia Sec. of State infuriated people, those types of tactics will no longer be tolerated. And Cuomo was good for that type of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 122February 28, 2021 5:38 PM

These kids are offended by everything! They've been raised to be victims. Everything is a goddamn trigger. I don't know how some of them make it through life. They need to toughen up and grow some balls.

by Anonymousreply 123February 28, 2021 5:41 PM

Here's the thing... this isn't just about being offended. This is about power. And what Millennials, Gen Z and young women have found is their gateway to control: harassment & abuse accusations.

They realize, like they did when they were kids, is that if they complain long and hard enough about something, people will give in. And since we are in the age where harassment & abuse accusations have become the cause de force, they've used it as a tool to get rid of those they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 124February 28, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote] Right now NYS government has a Democratic super majority, so if they get rid of Cuomo & replace him with another progressive they can potentially pass their entire progressive agenda in the state.

What do you mean, please explain R122?

by Anonymousreply 125February 28, 2021 5:49 PM

If Cuomo's stupid ass would have resisted all the publicity from the beginning, people wouldn't be going as hard as they are over his nursing home failures. And yes, the vaccine roll out has been a complete disaster in NY, of which he also shares a good portion of the blame.

If you can write a fucking book and make frequent appearances on your brothers news show and do what is essentially a comedy routine several times a week, you had enough time to implement a competent vaccine distribution plan. And you had enough time to overlook the situation in the nursing homes a little more thoroughly.

He should have stripped himself of emergency powers a couple of weeks back. Some of it is clearly a pile on by his haters, but a lot of it is his own arrogance and hubris coming back big time to bite him in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 126February 28, 2021 5:50 PM

Sorry, Republicans have decided this stuff doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if he grabbed her by the pussy, shoved his tongue down her throat against her will, made crude remarks about her chest on Howard Stern...none of it matters.

Until Madison Cawthorn is rolled off Capitol Hill because of all the allegations against him, I don't want to hear one fucking word about any Democrat and sexual harassment.

This is yet another take down orchestrated by Roger Stone and co. The fact Democrats keep falling for this shit is unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 127February 28, 2021 6:03 PM

R126 - I don't know why I bother but your post leaves me no choice. Your info is just plain wrong.

1) Cuomo's nursing home failures - Covid was already present in the nursing homes when patients were sent back after recovery. The virus was brought in mostly by the nursing home staff. NY is currently 34th out of 50 states for deaths in nursing homes. Where would you have put them after their hospital stay? In a sterile environment like a ship or Javits OR back to the place where they're familiar? Cuomo followed Trump's CDC guidelines. If the nursing homes couldn't take care of the patients, they had to tell the government and the Dept. of Health would find another location for that patient. I believe most of the blame lies with the FOR PROFIT nursing homes rather than any government policy.

2) the vaccine roll out - again, Cuomo has done as much as he can under the circumstances. The Trump Administration didn't order enough vaccines so the short supply did not meet high demand. The Federal government can't say that millions of people are now eligible for the vaccine when each state is only allocated thousands of vaccines per week. All states had the same supply problem and that cannot be blamed on Cuomo. How can any state plan on distribution when they don't know how many vaccines they're getting each week. You can't plan for what you don't know. Since Biden took over, things have improved. Cuomo has been opening mass vaccination sites, community vac sites, church vac sites, mobile vac units etc...to fill the need and to try to give access to people of color. Instead of leaving the states to fend for themselves like Trump did Biden is a lot more cooperative with the states by sending Fema and the Army personnel. Things are improving.

3) emergency powers - again, you are wrong. The Albany state government gave him sweeping emergency powers last spring . They could have voted to take away his powers whenever they wanted to but haven't done so. Cuomo has said this a number of times. If they think he's doing such a lousy job of it, why haven't they revoked his powers? My guess is that they didn't want any of the responsibility during the pandemic and they still don't want the flak from their constituents. When politicians and local leaders phoned Cuomo with grievances they were getting from the people in their districts, he often said "tell them that these policies and rules comes from the Governor. Blame me".

by Anonymousreply 128February 28, 2021 6:17 PM

[quote]Is this Al Franken 2.0?

Well, only if Cuomo was really busy, because a week in Al Franken had EIGHT CREDIBLE accusers, six of the Democrats.

That's why he decided to high tail it out of DC!

by Anonymousreply 129February 28, 2021 6:26 PM

So he never made any sexual or physical advances according to her.

All of this came from ONE conversation when he opened up to her and said he was lonely during the pandemic. He said he'd be open to dating someone in their 20's - she assumed she meant her. It's all one-sided.

This is very Oleanna - twisting what one person says into some sort of victimhood. She also mentioned getting a tattoo and he said she should get it somewhere where it couldn't be seen while wearing a dress. That's just his opinion.

The other person filing a complaint was FIRED after multiple POC employees complained about her.

I'm not saying he's an angel - but fuck - c'mon. Dems are held up to this impossible standard.

by Anonymousreply 130February 28, 2021 6:27 PM

[quote] She also mentioned getting a tattoo

Unstable

by Anonymousreply 131February 28, 2021 6:34 PM

Cuomo also got her the transfer she wanted to the job she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 132February 28, 2021 6:35 PM

R125 - NYS has two houses of gov't - both NYS Assembly and NYS Senate. Both are majority Democrat.

The NYS Senate, where bills have to be passed before being sent to the Governor, is now a "Super majority" for the Democrats. 42 out of the 63 seats are Democrat. Therefore, its potentially veto proof. A number of bills have been vetoed by Cuomo in the past that had Democrat support & now they can override his veto. The tax hikes on the rich that progressives are pushing could be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 133February 28, 2021 6:39 PM

R122 you mentioned the legislature replacing Cuomo: how would that work?

by Anonymousreply 134February 28, 2021 6:45 PM

Cuomo should fight this. Say the woman misconstrued a personal conversation and are now being asked to defame him. He should refuse to go anywhere. He needs to play it like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 135February 28, 2021 6:52 PM

Cuomo is a very intelligent and cunning guy. Does anyone honestly believe that in this metoo/cancel culture and in light of the fact that he probably has his eyes clearly on the prize (i.e., the presidency), he would be stupid enough to even do or say something that could be misconstrued as harassment? He may be narcissistic and power hungry, but stupid he is not. Something is not quite right about her allegations.

by Anonymousreply 136February 28, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote]Covid was already present in the nursing homes when patients were sent back after recovery. The virus was brought in mostly by the nursing home staff.

Says Cuomo. Why didn't he think of putting measures in place to quarantine the staff as well?

[quote]Where would you have put them after their hospital stay? In a sterile environment like a ship or Javits OR back to the place where they're familiar?

You put them in a place where they can stay healthy! This question even has to be asked?

How is it we knew enough to have kids stay clear of getting infected, but didn't know enough to do the same to the elderly? Many of whom are already dealing with compromised immune systems? They had countless empty hotels during the lockdown that they could have house some in if they wanted to do so. They could have housed employees and quarantined them much like he did with the rich and famous whom came into town for the VMA'.s.

[quote]If the nursing homes couldn't take care of the patients, they had to tell the government and the Dept. of Health would find another location for that patient. I believe most of the blame lies with the FOR PROFIT nursing homes rather than any government policy.

It's 50/50. The nursing homes AND Cuomo failed on this.

And "trusting the government" is a copout. They knew enough NOT to trust the Trump administration when they were telling us it was a hoax, when they were telling us not to wear masks, yet they want to play the "We were only doing what the government told us to do" line when it comes to this?

No bueno. Anyone who's spent five minutes working in a nursing home would have told you this was a disaster waiting to happen from the get go.

[quote]the vaccine roll out - again, Cuomo has done as much as he can under the circumstances

The issue wasn't in the supply, it was in creating a competent system that allowed people to access places to get vaccinated. It's also in a common sense distribution plan that reflects the population of the state . When more than a dozen vaccination sites are upstate while two are given to Long Island, you have a problem.

[quote]The Albany state government gave him sweeping emergency powers last spring . They could have voted to take away his powers whenever they wanted to but haven't done so. Cuomo has said this a number of times. If they think he's doing such a lousy job of it, why haven't they revoked his powers?

And he could have easily relinquished them when this controversy started hitting the fan. Then there wouldn't be weeks of piling on and his supporters crying about how unfair they're treating him.

by Anonymousreply 137February 28, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote] Statement from Beth Garvey, Special Counsel and Senior Advisor to Governor Cuomo

This is the fallout from the universal scorn of his first idea.

It's a reversal for Cuomo, whose special counsel said on Saturday night that 𝒂 𝒋𝒖𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒆 the allegations, an arrangement that was widely condemned as inadequate by elected officials across the state.

Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement Sunday that she does not accept Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposal for her and Chief Judge Janet DiFiore to jointly pick someone to investigate sexual harassment accusations against the governor.

James says in her statement that she is calling for an official referral from the governor so that an independent investigation with subpoena power can be conducted.

He actually thought he could get away with choosing his own judge and jury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 28, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]Second, the NYC & NYS budgets are due in April and its going to be NASTY. Multi billion dollar deficits are expected. But progressives are desperate to pass huge tax hikes on the rich, which Cuomo is against

Another reason he's a fuckface.

He'd rather deplete funds for education and other important services before he taxes his rich cronies one extra cent.

by Anonymousreply 139February 28, 2021 7:22 PM

𝗔𝗢𝗖 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝘅𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝘂𝗼𝗺𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 '𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱' 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝘆 𝗡𝗬 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹

by Anonymousreply 140February 28, 2021 7:57 PM

There the Dems go again; eating their own. Can’t we be more GOP like in this regard?

by Anonymousreply 141February 28, 2021 8:33 PM

AOC also says there should be free college education for everyone, and that all student loan debt should be forgiven.

Just because AOC says it doesn't mean I have to support it.

by Anonymousreply 142February 28, 2021 8:42 PM

Ah, R142, no wonder you keep going with the whatboutism, you're a Republican

by Anonymousreply 143February 28, 2021 9:01 PM

Cuomo should have the same rights that accused have in campus sexual assault hearings. No right to counsel. No right to cross examine. No right to discover. Investigator, prosecutor and judge the same person.

by Anonymousreply 144February 28, 2021 9:21 PM

Let me explain how this works, R143. I, as a Democrat, can criticize AOC. You, claiming to be a concerned, progressive Democrat (LOL) get to criticize Andrew Cuomo.

Unless you want to work on the Republican Party model, where any dissenting voices are expelled from the party or primaried. Which is probably what you want anyway since you are a Republican party hack.

Also, R143, let me explain political life to you. AOC is a politician, first and foremost. She's looking to expand her political horizons from her single district to statewide and national offices. She's going to say or do anything that she thinks will further her political career. So she's not being completely altruistic, but rather politically expedient. There is a difference here, especially when courting the "woke" vote. As I said previously, just because it comes out of AOC's mouth doesn't mean I have to agree with her 100%.

by Anonymousreply 145February 28, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote]You, claiming to be a concerned, progressive Democrat

And where did I claim that?

Says so much that you conflate politicians and policies. If you don't support free college education you're, at best, a DINO.

by Anonymousreply 146February 28, 2021 9:59 PM

Cuomo says he was just teasing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 28, 2021 10:18 PM

R134 - The assumption is that if the charges are serious enough, Cuomo will resign and be replaced by the Lt. Gov. The Governor's term ends 12/31/2022. The state elects a new Gov in Nov of 2022.

If he does resign, Lt. Gov Kathy Hochul (sp?) takes over. But she's a super centrist from upstate NY. Therefore the progressives' best chance is during 2022 primaries & election. With Cuomo gone, it makes it easier for them to run a progressive candidate in the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 148February 28, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote]AOC is a politician, first and foremost. She's looking to expand her political horizons from her single district to statewide and national offices. She's going to say or do anything that she thinks will further her political career. So she's not being completely altruistic, but rather politically expedient. There is a difference here, especially when courting the "woke" vote. As I said previously, just because it comes out of AOC's mouth doesn't mean I have to agree with her 100%.

Bingo! And I knew once AOC understood how things work in Washington politically she's going to turn into an establishment politician.

by Anonymousreply 149February 28, 2021 10:23 PM

And r147 comes in with the “BREAKING” news.

That broke about 7-8 hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 150February 28, 2021 10:43 PM

You might want to check that again, R150.

by Anonymousreply 151February 28, 2021 10:47 PM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 152February 28, 2021 10:51 PM

So much MeToo nonsense. A real woman should be pleased and proud when an older powerful man takes a sexual interest in her.

by Anonymousreply 153February 28, 2021 10:55 PM

[quote] She's going to say or do anything that she thinks will further her political career. So she's not being completely altruistic, but rather politically expedient. There is a difference here, especially when courting the "woke" vote.

How cynical of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 28, 2021 10:57 PM

Why is Cuomo such a bullying shite?

by Anonymousreply 155February 28, 2021 10:58 PM

Bc we will vote for him anyway

by Anonymousreply 156February 28, 2021 10:59 PM

She’s a dog I’m not sure I believe her

by Anonymousreply 157February 28, 2021 11:04 PM

R154 So now even Joe Biden is part of this Republican plot?

by Anonymousreply 158February 28, 2021 11:06 PM

Funny how Republicans are so concerned about this but not the women Madison Cawthorn harassed

by Anonymousreply 159February 28, 2021 11:08 PM

Republicans are total hypocrites R159.

by Anonymousreply 160February 28, 2021 11:13 PM

R107 Gee you're so hard on people who destroy and devastate. People who kill others both emotionally and physically. Yeah get over it! What a joke you are.

by Anonymousreply 161March 1, 2021 11:36 AM

I'm sorry I called you a joke. You just terribly underestimate the destruction these people cause which we see all around us today.

by Anonymousreply 162March 1, 2021 11:53 AM

I believe Cuomo capable of anything, but I am surprised that he would be stupid enough to risk getting caught up in the #metoo stuff. I thought he was smarter than that.

by Anonymousreply 163March 2, 2021 2:30 AM

And now another.

by Anonymousreply 164March 2, 2021 3:19 AM

The NYT jumped the shark when they accused the only Disney movie that shouldn't be banned of "flirting with blackface." Now they've gone full-on deplorable. By 2024, they'll be to the right of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 165March 2, 2021 3:24 AM

Yes. The NYT just posted ANOTHER story about Cuomo- This time he is accused of FEELING UP a woman at a wedding.

by Anonymousreply 166March 2, 2021 3:30 AM

[quote][R154] So now even Joe Biden is part of this Republican plot?

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 167March 2, 2021 3:31 AM

This really does reek of a right-wing plot to unseat him. I hope he fights this.

by Anonymousreply 168March 2, 2021 3:39 AM

[quote] He asked her if she ever considered being in a relationship with an older man.

Seriously? That's it? Puleeze!!!

Well it sounds like he was politely courting her or he was asking her advice. WTF is wring with these little girls? Cause that is what they are.

by Anonymousreply 169March 2, 2021 3:49 AM

If Cuomo became a Republican, the accusations would automatically become true.

by Anonymousreply 170March 2, 2021 3:54 AM

And people think I'm the dumb one.

by Anonymousreply 171March 2, 2021 3:55 AM

Another cunt came forward. But it's total BS. He asked her if he could kiss her. And it was only on the cheek ffs!!!

by Anonymousreply 172March 2, 2021 3:57 AM

There are also pics of cuomo and his female aide (married) dinning bin a restaurant, he appears to be touching her under the table.

I thought there was something going on between those two when he was giving the daily press conferences.

by Anonymousreply 173March 2, 2021 4:00 AM

I wish the NYT were as aggressive uncovering Biden's skeletons as they are with Cuomo's.

by Anonymousreply 174March 2, 2021 4:15 AM

Is it three or four accusers now?

by Anonymousreply 175March 2, 2021 4:19 AM

They're all lying bitches.

by Anonymousreply 176March 2, 2021 4:23 AM

Trump was accused of raping 19 women and he was president for four years and was very close to getting four more. Cuomo should NOT resign. Democrats don’t always have to be the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 177March 2, 2021 4:25 AM

R177- TWO wrongs don't make a right.

by Anonymousreply 178March 2, 2021 4:27 AM

Why is the knee jerk reaction, it is a Republican smear job? It is obvious, this is coming from inside of the Democratic Party.

For whatever reason, his head is now on the chopping block.

by Anonymousreply 179March 2, 2021 4:37 AM

Two wrongs were committed. Only Republicans rape. Being a Democrat gives you automatic consent.

by Anonymousreply 180March 2, 2021 4:38 AM

Two wrongs were NOT committed. Only Republicans rape. Being a Democrat gives you automatic consent.

by Anonymousreply 181March 2, 2021 4:38 AM

How is that forcing himself on another woman? He asked if he could kiss her!!

Witch hunt!

by Anonymousreply 182March 2, 2021 4:46 AM

R182 at a wedding, with plenty of people around.

Not in the coatroom closet at work.

Making shit up trying to thread a story together.

by Anonymousreply 183March 2, 2021 4:54 AM

Don't people have comeback lines any more? If some creepy looking old man asked me if I was interested in dating or fucking an older man, I'd have said, "yeah, you know any hot ones?" and embarrassed the guy instead of running off and reporting it. Then again, I'm from a different generation where we just handled shit like this ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 184March 2, 2021 5:08 AM

You literally can't spell "Republican" without "rape." By definition, that makes all Republicans automatically guilty and all Democrats automatically innocent.

by Anonymousreply 185March 2, 2021 5:23 AM

This is so dumb.

Did he ask to kiss her on her lady bits?

Did she tell him "no" and he went in anyway?

How is a passing incident like this conflated with harassment.

Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 186March 2, 2021 5:55 AM

I honestly can’t understand the Democrats who are prepared to defend this man to the death as if he were FDR instead of a crooked bully with the politics of an Eisenhower Republican who cut Medicaid funding during the pandemic, who worked hard behind the scenes to keep the GOP in control of the state senate when Democrats actually controlled a majority of seats in the chamber, who covered up several corruption scandals, who defended the rich against Occupy Wall Street, who has taken campaign donations from the Koch Brothers as he worked with the GOP and the IDC to block climate change legislation, etc. Unless you’re a rich or corrupt New Yorker, I don’t understand why this guy is worth defending, especially when he’d be replaced by another conservative Democrat if he resigned tomorrow. He’s really not worth circling the wagons for.

This whole attitude reminds me of that famous scene at the end of A Man for All Seasons when Thomas More confronts Richard Rich after the latter has perjured himself again More in order to be appointed Attorney General of Wales: “Why Richard, it profit a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world...but for Wales?!”

by Anonymousreply 187March 2, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote]Mr. Cuomo put his hand on Ms. Ruch’s bare lower back, she said in an interview on Monday. When she removed his hand with her own, Ms. Ruch recalled, the governor remarked that she seemed “aggressive” and placed his hands on her cheeks. He asked if he could kiss her, loudly enough for a friend standing nearby to hear. Ms. Ruch was bewildered by the entreaty, she said, and pulled away as the governor drew closer.

So first of all, enough with the "he just asked to kiss her" bullshit. He knew she didn't want him to touch her, and insisted on doing it again anyway. You can see in the photograph that she's uncomfortable and confused by what's going on. And the comment about her being 'aggressive' - ugh. You can practically hear the 'I like a challenge' that usually follows when slimeballs say shit like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 2, 2021 7:17 AM

𝗣𝗲𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗶 𝗮𝗯𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗖𝘂𝗼𝗺𝗼

The White House and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Monday strongly backed an independent investigation of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has been accused of sexually harassing two state employees.

Pelosi, D-Calif., called the allegations against Cuomo by Charlotte Bennett and Lindsey Boylan "serious and credible."

President Joe Biden's press secretary, Jen Psaki, said the allegations by Bennett in a New York Times interview published Saturday that Cuomo had asked questions about her sex life "was incredibly uncomfortable to read as a woman."

by Anonymousreply 189March 2, 2021 8:56 AM

A democrat must stay in the governor ship. A Republican governor in New York would pardon Trump.

by Anonymousreply 190March 2, 2021 9:35 AM

If Coumo leaves in disgrace, someone has to remove his fucking family's name from the bridge connecting Westchester and Rockland Counties, and restore to its former wonderful name, the Tappan Zee, honouring the areas Dutch heritage. Instead of Cuomo's ego and his long-term governor father.

Everyone still calls it the Tappan Zee, anyway, and everyone in the area hated you for doing it.

by Anonymousreply 191March 2, 2021 10:42 AM

^*one-term, not long-term

by Anonymousreply 192March 2, 2021 10:43 AM

His father was not a one-term governor.

by Anonymousreply 193March 2, 2021 10:46 AM

Hey, Andrew . . . How about a play date?

by Anonymousreply 194March 2, 2021 10:51 AM

He's responsible for the deaths of thousands in nursing homes, and yet THIS is what he gets called down for?

by Anonymousreply 195March 2, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]I honestly can’t understand the Democrats who are prepared to defend this man to the death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 2, 2021 11:26 AM

R192 I must have blocked the second term, possibly because Mario did nothing g of note in either. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 197March 2, 2021 11:27 AM

Looks like Letitia is gonna take his white ass down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 2, 2021 11:40 AM

R197, you must’ve missed his third term too.

by Anonymousreply 199March 2, 2021 11:56 AM

R198-Cuomo would LOVE to criticize Letitia James but he can't because she's BLACK and a WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 200March 2, 2021 12:24 PM

It’s funny. If he had an R next to his name you all would be calling for his resignation.

by Anonymousreply 201March 2, 2021 12:34 PM

R198, Sherri Shepherd?

by Anonymousreply 202March 2, 2021 1:07 PM

Sherri looks betta than Letti for this.

by Anonymousreply 203March 2, 2021 1:12 PM

This woman Bennett released a statement in solidarities with Andrew Cuomo's "survivors." This is what unbridled woke ism has led to and many of us called it out and were labeled "alt right" and "boris" and most hurtful of all, "republicans." No, we are the only TRUE liberals left--the people who believe in ACTUAL tolerance and not militant tolerance. I hate what the woke people are doing to this country (although, I hate woke significantly less than I hate Trump and what he has done, and in many ways the Trump is himself responsible for the rabid, crazy-eyed woke left--are largely a reaction to him--we are FUCKED).

by Anonymousreply 204March 2, 2021 1:49 PM

You have it backwards, R204. Trump was largely a reaction to the woke crowd. And could be again.

by Anonymousreply 205March 2, 2021 2:21 PM

As I've aged, I've looked back at stories like this as one of missed opportunities. LIfe is tough - getting shortcuts anywhere you can is like an opportunity knocking.

I know this sounds awful - but I would have just climbed on top.

by Anonymousreply 206March 2, 2021 3:48 PM

I take some glee in the pseudo-liberal Karen's who hung on his every word during the worst of the pandemic, now turning their backs on him.

by Anonymousreply 207March 2, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote] Trump was largely a reaction to the woke crowd.

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 208March 2, 2021 4:43 PM

Smears and lies are all Republicans got.

by Anonymousreply 209March 2, 2021 4:53 PM

what's wrong with saying "you make that gown look good"? He was giving a compliment to the doctor giving him the covid test.

by Anonymousreply 210March 2, 2021 6:21 PM

R201.''

The orange one boasted of grabbing women against their will, paid for sex with a sex worker, paid his lawyer to pay her to shut her up about it and is accused of raping more than one woman including his first greencard bride and a minor.

Not only did you not call for his resignation, you voted for him twice.

by Anonymousreply 211March 2, 2021 11:30 PM

Cuomo fucked up by not going for one of these fine conservative heifers that's down for anything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 2, 2021 11:42 PM

Conservative DL member: If this was a Republican he would have been forced to resign, but there is a separate system for Democrats???

by Anonymousreply 213March 3, 2021 1:51 AM

Democrats do not tolerate filth.

We have morals, we have decency.

We have class.

We elect leaders whom we respect.

We're better than Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 214March 3, 2021 2:04 AM

Who is we, R214?

by Anonymousreply 215March 3, 2021 7:08 AM

Now Biden says Coumo should resign “if the allegations are confirmed.”

And that he’ll “probably end up being prosecuted” too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 17, 2021 12:46 AM

He just want to grab some pussy. Nothing wrong with that If a woman pussy isn't meant to be grabbed, then what's the point of it to be in between a woman legs?

by Anonymousreply 217March 17, 2021 12:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!